Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-23-2014, 09:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I haven't posted very much in here probably since the last month of the season because honestly it's just a very, very depressing time to be a Cowboys fan right now. I don't know about you guys but there's only so many double digit point meltdowns I can take before it starts to really bother me. Nothing we ever do makes sense, so I'm not going to spend an off-season getting worked up over the small things when the big picture isn't going to change and we get real change.

Bringing Kiffin back along with Callahan lets me know we'll be 8-8, again. Another season where we start out hot, lose to a team we have no business early on, blow 3-4 games where we had huge leads, not run the ball when we have a lead, and throw some crucial picks in big moments.

This team has no direction right now, no foundation, no confidence, no structure. When I watch good teams play games it's like night and day with ours. When the Pats let Blounte run all over the Colts in the playoffs I remember thinking we wouldn't even let Demarco run a victory away in the regular season. Watching the way San Fran, or Seattle closes games sometimes, it's methodical. We check out of plays we should be running because the front looks bad, and throw contested passes to Cole Beasley, while all the championship teams run it down your throat.

Kiffin shouldn't even have made it through one season, now we have to watch him 16 more games? I know at least 3 QB's who won't be starters in this league tore us to shreds like it was the pro bowl game with absolutely no adjustments. The Calvin Johnson 4 yard TD against us, with 10 yards of cushion at the goal line was the most embarrassing thing all year. That's not even about how good or bad the players are, somehow nobody on the field or the sideline thought that looked like a horrible idea.

It's just all the same. The arguments here will be the same all off-season, we'll nail our 1st rounder and take a questionable 2nd rounder. And the coaching mistakes aren't going anywhere. To be fair, I feel like Jerry is keeping them so when he fires JG next year he can clean house, but who cares at this point. I really don't trust Jerry anymore, because it's not about the Cowboys at this point. It's about Jerry doing things his way and getting 100% of the credit for everything. He's not going anywhere, neither is Romo, so these last 3 years I expect to continue.

I'm just focusing on Longhorn football a lot more now that we have some change. Sucks that most NFL teams can get a new, fresh direction when it's been bad. Detroit might really be on to something with Caldwell on offense, at least I think. But as a fan you can have hope that it will, we don't get that here. Just the same bad dream over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:32 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somebody's got a case of the Mondays!
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:51 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Somebody's got a case of the Mondays!
On a Friday..ok watch this, does anyone on here think they can do this during a reg season game let alone the nfc championship..lol

I know I couldn't

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/video?r...2-57cbe45e63d6

If that doesn't make you laugh, the kids doing the Richard Sherman interview will.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/video?v...b-7b4078785ee4

Last edited by Jas : 01-24-2014 at 05:53 AM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:31 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random thought, but the 2011 overall draft class is pretty damn good at the top. I was thinking back to how Tyron fell so perfectly to number 9, but when you look at who got drafted before him it's stacked as hell. You've got Cam Newton, Von Miller, Marcel Dareus, Patrick Peterson, Julio Jones, Aldon Smith, Jake Locker, and then Tyron Smith. The weakest out of them is Locker, and he's looked good when healthy. Some of these guys can be future Hall of Famers if they keep it up, and that's not considering that you beasts like Watt and Robert Quinn sliding to the top 15.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Brent get 10 years probation. Does he have a future on the cowboys?

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/...ears-probation

Last edited by Jas : 01-24-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Josh Brent get 10 years probation. Does he have a future on the cowboys?

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/...ears-probation
+180 days in prison. They haven't stated if time served will count towards that. I'd expect a year suspension on top of that from Goodell which would match the punishment for Donte Stallworth for a similar incident. That is if Brent un-retires.

I can't see Garrett ever allowing him back nor should he. If we change coaches to someone a little bit more tolerant perhaps but I still doubt it. Dallas will probably support him in any way possible up until giving him a roster spot.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never. No future with the Cowboys.

Something we haven't talked about... LL chimed on it a bit...

But what do you guys think of Monte Kiffin returning? In favor or not in favor? Do you think Marinelli pushed Jerry into keeping Kiffin? How do you think next season will go for Kiffin?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
+180 days in prison. They haven't stated if time served will count towards that. I'd expect a year suspension on top of that from Goodell which would match the punishment for Donte Stallworth for a similar incident. That is if Brent un-retires.

I can't see Garrett ever allowing him back nor should he. If we change coaches to someone a little bit more tolerant perhaps but I still doubt it. Dallas will probably support him in any way possible up until giving him a roster spot.
You think one of us would be that fortunate with a sentence so light, I would hope so, especially for a first offense but I wouldn't count on it.
Such a double standard. Ridiculous.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Never. No future with the Cowboys.

Something we haven't talked about... LL chimed on it a bit...

But what do you guys think of Monte Kiffin returning? In favor or not in favor? Do you think Marinelli pushed Jerry into keeping Kiffin? How do you think next season will go for Kiffin?
Very much so. I have actually heard prior to the end of the season that Kiffin and Marinelli were linked. If Dallas parted with Kiffin Marinelli would have asked for his contract to be torn up.

I think if we strengthen our defensive line and maybe safeties we'll be night and day. Our corner issues IMHO stemmed from not having a pass rush. We could probably survive with Wilcox-Church IF and ONLY IF we have a fierce pass rush.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Very much so. I have actually heard prior to the end of the season that Kiffin and Marinelli were linked. If Dallas parted with Kiffin Marinelli would have asked for his contract to be torn up.

I think if we strengthen our defensive line and maybe safeties we'll be night and day. Our corner issues IMHO stemmed from not having a pass rush. We could probably survive with Wilcox-Church IF and ONLY IF we have a fierce pass rush.
Agreed, don't know if he should've been kept but someone was in his corner and I don't think Jerry wanted to make another rash decision and blame the coordinator if they feel the players or injuries were more at fault for the failure of the scheme.

So he gets one more shot, and with the addition of a few new players in the draft and hopefully better luck with the injuries, who knows, you would hope it can only get better after the numbers they put up last year.

We need a healthy Sean Lee, a reinvigorated pass rush and for Claiborne to prove himself.

Last edited by Jas : 01-24-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

I will say one thing. His scheme generates turnovers ESPECIALLY we were getting heat on the QB.

I wouldn't love the idea of not getting a quality safety this offseason but if we managed to nab 2 or 3 guys that can get after the QB I wouldn't complain at all.

I'm excited for Crawford as well. Considering he was hyped as the #1 sub at 3-tech, 1-tech, AND strongside DE going into the season.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
I will say one thing. His scheme generates turnovers ESPECIALLY we were getting heat on the QB.

I wouldn't love the idea of not getting a quality safety this offseason but if we managed to nab 2 or 3 guys that can get after the QB I wouldn't complain at all.

I'm excited for Crawford as well. Considering he was hyped as the #1 sub at 3-tech, 1-tech, AND strongside DE going into the season.
It will be interesting to see what we get from crawford, where they decide to play him or if he kinda drifts along the line finding ways to impact the game where needed.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:57 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

BroadcasterC BroadcasterC BroadcasterC BroadcasterC BroadcasterC BroadcasterC BroadcasterC BroadcasterC BroadcasterC BroadcasterC BroadcasterC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
You think one of us would be that fortunate with a sentence so light, I would hope so, especially for a first offense but I wouldn't count on it.
Such a double standard. Ridiculous.
With all due respect, you should know what you're talking about before you comment on situations like this. Over 40% of cases like this in Texas get probation. Josh Brent is no different. Besides, it's not like he's a household name for people who aren't serious Cowboys fans, and he isn't even that rich. He was on a supplemental draft 7th round pick contract. He's no different than a non-famous defendent with a littler deeper pockets than the average income. There are millions of people in Texas with more money than Josh Brent.

I'm not condoning what Josh Brent did at all. Not in the slightest, but his punishment is consistent with a lot of these cases.

As for getting suspended for this season, I doubt he gets the full season. He's already missed 20 games. The last 4 of 2012, and this entire past season, as well as being publicly scrutinized for a year and a half. Goodell with give him between 4 and 8 games (i'd guess 6) and he'll be back on the team. He's going to get out July 25th, apply for reinstatement, Goodell gives him 6-8 games, he's allowed to come to training camp, and boom he's playing in week 7 or 9.

Jerry Jones is going to want to "help" him, and this team isn't going to turn away defensive line help. Josh brent will be playing for the Cowboys by November this season.

Last edited by BroadcasterC : 01-24-2014 at 04:02 PM.
BroadcasterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadcasterC View Post
With all due respect, you should know what you're talking about before you comment on situations like this. Over 40% of cases like this in Texas get probation. Josh Brent is no different. Besides, it's not like he's a household name for people who aren't serious Cowboys fans, and he isn't even that rich. He was on a supplemental draft 7th round pick contract. He's no different than a non-famous defending with a littler deeper pockets than the average income. There are millions of people in Texas with more money than Josh Brent.

I'm not condoning what Josh Brent did at all. Not in the slightest, but his punishment is consistent with a lot of these cases.

As for getting suspended for this season, I doubt he gets the full season. He's already missed 20 games. The last 4 of 2012, and this entire past season, as well as being publicly scrutinized for a year and a half. Goodell with give him between 4 and 8 games (i'd guess 6) and he'll be back on the team.

Jerry Jones is going to want to "help" him, and this team isn't going to turn away defensive line help. Josh brent will be playing for the Cowboys by November this season.
And with all due respect it's my opinion that he should've been punished more harshly. Whether thats a state or county decision, it is a bad one imo. He should've gotten at least 2 years as should anyone else who takes someones life while driving drunk.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:40 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and coach Jason Garrett are considering resolving their disagreement over who should be the team's offensive playcaller with a compromise: They're discussing hiring former Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Scott Linehan, according to league sources.

One source who expects Linehan to be hired speculated he could have the title of passing game coordinator while also being designated the Cowboys' playcaller. If so, Linehan would become the third different offensive playcaller in three seasons in Dallas, following Garrett and current offensive coordinator Bill Callahan.
Thoughts?

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ler?src=mobile

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are too many chefs in the kitchen, but Linehan really knows the passing game. Detroit has been a really good offensive team under him.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I think if Jason agrees to something like this then he would extend his leash with Jerry. Blame will continue to be piled on the coordinators while Jason continues to keep his job.

I am happy that the OL and Murray seemed to grasp Callahan's concepts as the year went on. So keeping Callahan on as a running game coordinator and supplementing him with a passing coordinator is an idea I actually LIKE!

As for that person being Scott Linehan... Philosophically it sounds great! Seems like a match. Linehan is a guru of the "One back spread offense".

Couple of must reads!

http://smartfootball.com/offense/the....twCRmP61.dpbs

http://smartfootball.com/offense/why...ory-of-offense

Quote:
The one-back’s offensive package is based on several important principles:

1.One-back formations, with the base being three wide-receivers, one tight-end and one runningback. (Other coaches would put different spins on it, whether with four receivers or two tight-ends.)
2.A running game consisting of inside and outside zone, Power-O and the counter trey.
3.A heavy emphasis on the three-step drop passing game.
4.“Option routes” as the base of the five-step drop passing game.
5.A systematic or “constraint play” approach to playcalling.
I love everything about what I read there. If that's what Linehan will bring.... Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
There are too many chefs in the kitchen, but Linehan really knows the passing game. Detroit has been a really good offensive team under him.
At the same time, Garrett needs more smart guys around him. "Too many chefs in the kitchen" is a problem if personalities clash. If everyone can check their egos at the door and understand their rank, it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

I love the idea of Linehan. Second only to Norv Turner in my honest opinion for guys I'd want to work with Garrett.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:56 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think if Jason agrees to something like this then he would extend his leash with Jerry. Blame will continue to be piled on the coordinators while Jason continues to keep his job.

I am happy that the OL and Murray seemed to grasp Callahan's concepts as the year went on. So keeping Callahan on as a running game coordinator and supplementing him with a passing coordinator is an idea I actually LIKE!

As for that person being Scott Linehan... Philosophically it sounds great! Seems like a match. Linehan is a guru of the "One back spread offense".

Couple of must reads!

http://smartfootball.com/offense/the....twCRmP61.dpbs

http://smartfootball.com/offense/why...ory-of-offense

I love everything about what I read there. If that's what Linehan will bring.... Glory, glory, hallelujah!
They'd probably still run Garrett's offense.

Add in to that, 3 WR sets makes drafting another WR a necessity instead of a "want". Then add in an instant devaluation of the escobar pick. Just can't keep two TE's on the field if you plan on running Linehan's offense.

Witten's not going to play 16 games next year, so it may still work out.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
They'd probably still run Garrett's offense.

Add in to that, 3 WR sets makes drafting another WR a necessity instead of a "want". Then add in an instant devaluation of the escobar pick. Just can't keep two TE's on the field if you plan on running Linehan's offense.

Witten's not going to play 16 games next year, so it may still work out.
I don't know if it's a necessity. In many ways, Escobar is more of a WR than a TE and Harris/Beasley instill confidence in the #3 WR spot. The necessity of a WR is about the same as it is now. Needing outside WR depth behind Dez/Williams.

If Escobar lines up in the slot or outside, his value is not diminished. In fact, he needs to be put in those positions.

Last edited by D-Unit : 01-24-2014 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:24 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadcasterC View Post
With all due respect, you should know what you're talking about before you comment on situations like this. Over 40% of cases like this in Texas get probation. Josh Brent is no different. Besides, it's not like he's a household name for people who aren't serious Cowboys fans, and he isn't even that rich. He was on a supplemental draft 7th round pick contract. He's no different than a non-famous defendent with a littler deeper pockets than the average income. There are millions of people in Texas with more money than Josh Brent.

As for getting suspended for this season, I doubt he gets the full season. He's already missed 20 games. The last 4 of 2012, and this entire past season, as well as being publicly scrutinized for a year and a half. Goodell with give him between 4 and 8 games (i'd guess 6) and he'll be back on the team. He's going to get out July 25th, apply for reinstatement, Goodell gives him 6-8 games, he's allowed to come to training camp, and boom he's playing in week 7 or 9.

“Probation doesn’t work for Josh Brent,” prosecutor Rebecca Dodds said.

Nothing does, but he’s not alone. Despite decades of efforts by groups like Mothers Against Drunk Driving, 30 people in America still die in alcohol-related wrecks every day. That’s one every 48 minutes.

Like Brent, one-third of the drivers are repeat offenders.

Maybe nothing will make them realize they can’t handle their booze. But wrist-slaps like the one Brent got Friday don’t help.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/j...belongs-012414
Old 01-25-2014, 06:17 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to see Brent on the field with the Cowboys ever again. Helping the man out in rehabilitating his life - that's something the organization should pursue. But if it's all to get him on the field... I mean, that's just horseshit.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:15 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:

If Escobar lines up in the slot or outside, his value is not diminished. In fact, he needs to be put in those positions.
Absolutely...I LIKE the Escobar pick, I think it's forward thinking and goes against the thinking that you need to fill every immediate need. It's foresight...I want to see him on the field as much as possible. I think he has the potential to stretch the middle of the field more than Witten.

I just don't have faith in the coaching staff to utilize him correctly. Much like Demarco, and Dez during certain stretches. If Linehan can do that...then he's a welcome addition. Dez should be every bit the weapon Calvin Johnson is in Detroit.

Time will tell though.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 01-25-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:08 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Absolutely...I LIKE the Escobar pick, I think it's forward thinking and goes against the thinking that you need to fill every immediate need. It's foresight...I want to see him on the field as much as possible. I think he has the potential to stretch the middle of the field more than Witten.

I just don't have faith in the coaching staff to utilize him correctly. Much like Demarco, and Dez during certain stretches. If Linehan can do that...then he's a welcome addition. Dez should be every bit the weapon Calvin Johnson is in Detroit.

Time will tell though.
That guy was already on the roster. We didnt need another 1 dimensional TE. The sad thing is, they didnt use either one of them properly and had them running Fassano and Bennett routes instead of stretching the field. Hannah came on strong the last half of his rookie year. Has great speed and his hands became better and better as the year went on. Last year they barely even used him.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote