Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-29-2014, 11:35 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Marinelli to DC and Kiffin taking a backseat is an awesome move. Not sure where the dysfunction is.

The only potential for dysfunction that I could potentially see is with Callahan and whether or not he accepts his role. If he does, then I don't see dysfunction.

You guys act like NFL teams don't have a million coaches. What? Just because they are high profile ones, now there is a problem? Coaches are smart, team first guys. Coaches don't want to be known as team cancers. The fraternity is small and if they want a future in this league they know better than to be a guy that can't get along with other coaches.
The owner insists on the HC calling plays, then takes those duties away from him and wont let the HC hire a guy that shares his ideas and coaching tree. Forces a West coast guy to run a Coryell offense and now kicks the "OC" over so the passing game coordinator can call the plays. I hope your right and it all works out but 3 different play callers in 3 years doesnt seem like a winning strategy. Now Callahan wants out and the owner wont let him. Sounds dysfunctional to me.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:41 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No other NFL team operates the way we do. For 31 other teams there is ONE coordinator/play caller who installs HIS system with HIS staff. This is why we have no identity on offense and wonder why it looks like a huge cluster**** on game days.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:47 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Marinelli is extremely loyal to Kiffin. It was already reported if we fired Kiffin Marinelli would walk. Silly to think this is Madden and every move is unconnected. Kiffin is now a fiery coach who consults. Oh no the humanity the world is crumbling DAMN YOU JERRUH. Sarcasm if you didn't pick that up.

Garrett is an Air Coryell guy who was forced off play-calling by Jerry Jones. Callahan was hand-picked by Jones and was freaking terrible at play-calling. He's still one of the best in the business at coaching offensive lineman. Linehan is the middle ground. He's an experienced playcaller with Air Coryell roots and keeps Garrett away from play-calling.

Damn you Jerry for finding the middle-ground. Everything is all your fault. Unless we win that is.
You see nothing wrong with this? So now hes finding "middle ground" because the guy he hand picked wasnt a fit and was forced onto the HC? Its been reported that Garrett wanted Norv last year and the owner said no. As far as Marinelli, it was speculated he would step down but I dont know if that is a fact. Being the DC while Kiffen is still here would seem more awkward to me than taking the job if he had been fired.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 01-29-2014, 11:53 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
No other NFL team operates the way we do. For 31 other teams there is ONE coordinator/play caller who installs HIS system with HIS staff. This is why we have no identity on offense and wonder why it looks like a huge cluster**** on game days.
Couldnt agree more. Some on here are glasses half full no matter what moves we make. They laugh at teams like the Browns and Jags while ignoring that over the last 18 years we have become the Browns, Jags of the league.

It cracks me up that people get offended because some question Jerrah and the way he runs things. The cancer of the team is never cut out, only the symptoms get replaced. The cancer remains and results continue.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
You see nothing wrong with this? So now hes finding "middle ground" because the guy he hand picked wasnt a fit and was forced onto the HC? Its been reported that Garrett wanted Norv last year and the owner said no. As far as Marinelli, it was speculated he would step down but I dont know if that is a fact. Being the DC while Kiffen is still here would seem more awkward to me than taking the job if he had been fired.
Exactly. Which sums up the entire conversation. Kiffin wants to remain in coaching but wasn't going to be the coordinator. Think of it like Dan Reeves "consultant" role he later walked away from. He's going to have Marinelli's ear for advice and will assist in coaching. He's a well respective defensive guru who is no longer a good coordinator which sum up a consultant role perfectly. He's got a passion for football and a ton of knowledge to pass on.

As far as the Callahan thing no one is arguing that I believe. Jerry made a HUGE mistake in promoting Callahan at the behest of his head coach. 100% meddling Jerry. HOWEVER - Callahan is an extremely good Oline coach who has turned our perennial laughingstock position group into one of strength. The team couldn't afford to lose him, hence the refusal to interview, but couldn't allow him to call plays after the disastrous season.

The "Jerry" way would be continue to force Callahan. The "Jason" way would be himself calling plays. The "Middle ground" is Linehan a well respected offensive mind who has similar roots to Garrett coming in to call plays and coordinate the passing game.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:59 PM    (permalink
boogeydown
Rookie

boogeydown is a cocksman.boogeydown is a cocksman.boogeydown is a cocksman.

Just wondering what everybody thinks of Rolando McClain and Aaron Curry? couple of linebackers that were highly thought of coming out of the draft and now are out of the league. They're both really young and I would love to see if they could add cheaper talented depth.
boogeydown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great moves by JG.

JJT wrote an excellent article in regards to JG the "puppet" on espndallas.
Exactly how I've felt the whole time, and d-unit has said time and time again.

Have the wherewithal to make it make sense to Jerry, and you can sell him on anything. It's the Wades and Switzers of the world who Jerry took advantage of.

I'm still a JG fan obviously and hope he can finally turn the corner this year. I want to see him as the Cowboys head coach for a long time. I think he's got the juice enough to win a SB, he just needs the right coaches around him with the experience to lean on. It's sad that he had to learn on the job and waste a few years of prime players..but He has that experience with Marinelli, Callahan, Linehan, and Kiffin now....it's do or die time.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some people just like to complain about everything.

Hated Garrett as HC/OC...
We got what everybody wanted in him giving up OC.

Hated new OC (Callahan) but respected his job on the OL/running game.
Got new OC (Linehan) that has a cohesive relationship with our HC.
Made Callahan focus specifically on OL/running game.
Sounds exactly like having Marinelli as our DL coach which worked like a charm.
Hated DC (Kiffin) but respected his Take away results.
Got what everybody wanted in Marinelli as DC.

Why am I supposed to be mad again? Trying to fix what's wrong is better than keeping what's wrong.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Great moves by JG.

JJT wrote an excellent article in regards to JG the "puppet" on espndallas.
Exactly how I've felt the whole time, and d-unit has said time and time again.

Have the wherewithal to make it make sense to Jerry, and you can sell him on anything. It's the Wades and Switzers of the world who Jerry took advantage of.

I'm still a JG fan obviously and hope he can finally turn the corner this year. I want to see him as the Cowboys head coach for a long time. I think he's got the juice enough to win a SB, he just needs the right coaches around him with the experience to lean on. It's sad that he had to learn on the job and waste a few years of prime players..but He has that experience with Marinelli, Callahan, Linehan, and Kiffin now....it's do or die time.
JG has the moxie of a HC. I'll say that. I also enjoy his drafts for the most part. I think the supporting cast he has now is TREMENDOUS!!! 3 former NFL HC's and a DC legend. If he can hold this down that's damn respectful. I'm so excited about next season and the kind of Draft we will have with so much expertise involved.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no problem with Marinelli being moved up and retaining Kiffin as a favor to him.
I have no problem with the hiring of Linehan, but holding onto Callahan is peculiar, I wonder what its about.

Is he that necessary to coach the Oline to the point you won't let him go?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...1-197c8b91c75e

That being said, I read a rumor, and remember it's a rumor coming from Ed Werder, that a source close to the organization claims Callahan is being retained as a possible candidate to replace Garrett at HC if need be.

Ed Werder ✔ @Edwerderespn
Why would the Cowboys deny Bill Callahan chance to interview with Ravens, Browns? Source says because he's potential interim HC if JG fired. 6:00 PM - 28 Jan 2014

Can't be true. Not that I think anything of Garrett as a HC, because I don't, but I can't believe that!!

Last edited by Jas : 01-29-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:09 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Marinelli is extremely loyal to Kiffin. It was already reported if we fired Kiffin Marinelli would walk. Silly to think this is Madden and every move is unconnected. Kiffin is now a fiery coach who consults. Oh no the humanity the world is crumbling DAMN YOU JERRUH. Sarcasm if you didn't pick that up.

Garrett is an Air Coryell guy who was forced off play-calling by Jerry Jones. Callahan was hand-picked by Jones and was freaking terrible at play-calling. He's still one of the best in the business at coaching offensive lineman. Linehan is the middle ground. He's an experienced playcaller with Air Coryell roots and keeps Garrett away from play-calling.

Damn you Jerry for finding the middle-ground. Everything is all your fault. Unless we win that is.
So if he walks, he walks. It's not like these guys were amazing. It's business. We had to fire Pope for stupid Gilbride Jr. That's probably the most surprising move so far for us. Ironically, probably the best coaching move you guys made. I am interested to see how that young TE, Escobar, I believe his name, turns out.

Jones is fool. He shouldn't be hand picking anything. Leave coaching to the coaching staff to figure out. He was the fool that fired Ryan and hired 1298312 year old Kiffin. That was an idiotic move as well. If Kiffin needed to be a 1 and done then do it. Eagles have done, we did with Sheridan, who was god awful. It happens you don't promote the guy to assistant HC.

Like I said long live Jerry Jones.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the thing that is most frustrating about this situation is that Jerry had to meddle with Jason over the last couple of years instead of just letting him decide who he wanted in these positions all along. To force the team agenda and identity on your coach as a GM is just nonsensical. When there is an agreement between the system, the guy picking players, and the guy coaching them up, that's where the success comes. I think we have the right people in place because of Jason Garrett, and it was silly all along that Jerry couldn't just allow his progression to happen all along.

The fact that Callahan got to call plays for any period of time is just asinine.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:04 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

And almost as if they read this thread.

Quote:
The dysfunction only seen with the Dallas Cowboys continued during Super Bowl week.
Quote:
The Cowboys don’t appear to be a franchise with much direction.
Quote:
Jones doesn’t believe in ‘lame duck’ status and that’s fine, but it’s the reality of Garrett’s situation. If he doesn’t make the playoffs in 2014, he’s gone, no questions asked.

If he makes the postseason, ending a four-year drought for the franchise, what should Jones do? Give him a new three-year contract? Unless the team advances deep into the playoffs, the dysfunction is sure to follow.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...ue-dysfunction
Sigh.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I don't care if JG didn't want to give up OC. He needed to. Everyone is in agreement there. Bill was already on the staff and was the most natural and least invasive move. No need to bring in a new guy which would create a more volatile environment while Jason was already sensitive about the issue.

Linehan wasn't available then so who is the guy Garrett should've chosen last year? Was there a reason to not give Bill that job? I remember all of us liking it at the time but nobody has hindsight 20/20 to know how things would turn out... and really.. Our offense was good once again last year. The results were there for the most part... but things can always improve and if JG wants to work with Linehan, more power to him.

I don't get why there is an assumption that Bill will ruin us.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
And almost as if they read this thread.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...ue-dysfunction
Sigh.
You've set yourself up to hope that the Cowboys lose and that is sad. If they win that will make you look like a baboon for all these things you keep preaching. You're in a no win situation. If the Cowboys win, you look stupid. If the Cowboys lose you will continue to be frustrated.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You've set yourself up to hope that the Cowboys lose and that is sad. If they win that will make you look like a baboon for all these things you keep preaching. You're in a no win situation. If the Cowboys win, you look stupid. If the Cowboys lose you will continue to be frustrated.
Lol. I hope the Boys go 18-0 and win the SB multiple times under Garrett. Do I believe it will happen? No. Look at next years schedule and find me 9-10 wins. I believe this is JG's last year and hes desperately trying to keep his job.(I dont blame him) Then it will be a matter of if JJ hires a legit coach with full control or another puppet. Your living in the 90s thinking we have the GM in place to make it happen. Im living in the here and now saying "show me" 18 years is WAY to long to go without being a serious contender at the very least. If us winning the SB makes me look stupid, so be it. I'll be more than happy to eat crow. Show me!!

Old 01-29-2014, 04:07 PM    (permalink
proof
Rookie

proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not saying Callahan isn't a good oline coach, but does he deserve the credit or the fact that we invested two first rounders into the line?
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:14 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogeydown View Post
Just wondering what everybody thinks of Rolando McClain and Aaron Curry? couple of linebackers that were highly thought of coming out of the draft and now are out of the league. They're both really young and I would love to see if they could add cheaper talented depth.
Those guys are flame outs who had discipline problems, so I don't think that they would be good fits. The talent is definitely there, but guys who just don't care to play aren't too appealing to me. Even if they don't love the game they gotta still show up for the paycheck.

With that being said it costs damn near nothing to give them a look. I don't see the harm in bringing one or both in as camp bodies. As long as they don't put major stock into them all should be well. It's very low risk to see what they have. If they come in and suck you only lose a camp body that was going to get cut anyway. If they show up on some level like Selvie did then they are getting decent production for really cheap. Either way it goes I'd be fine. If they stayed away from them I wouldn't mind, and if they signed them to a camp deal I would be fine with that as well.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't care if JG didn't want to give up OC. He needed to. Everyone is in agreement there. Bill was already on the staff and was the most natural and least invasive move. No need to bring in a new guy which would create a more volatile environment while Jason was already sensitive about the issue.

Linehan wasn't available then so who is the guy Garrett should've chosen last year? Was there a reason to not give Bill that job? I remember all of us liking it at the time but nobody has hindsight 20/20 to know how things would turn out... and really.. Our offense was good once again last year. The results were there for the most part... but things can always improve and if JG wants to work with Linehan, more power to him.

I don't get why there is an assumption that Bill will ruin us.
I think the biggest thing was that we were still running JG's offense with a playcaller who really wasn't versed in it as a system at all. Clashing ideologies from the get-go. But we decided to be optimistic about it because as a fanbase (and the media helps this along in Dallas) we tend to want to overreact and blame everyone when there is the slightest problem.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by proof View Post
Not saying Callahan isn't a good oline coach, but does he deserve the credit or the fact that we invested two first rounders into the line?
Yeah, I think he's the real deal. I remember this talk from the Packers when we were thrashing them on the ground before we gave up on it in the second half.

Quote:
Still, there wouldn't have been enough possessions for the Packers to mount their inspired comeback if coach Jason Garrett and Bill Callahan, his play-calling offensive coordinator, had given the ball more to Murray.

"Oh, my God," nose tackle Ryan Pickett said. "It's the best zone scheme in the league. They say it's old, the Wisconsin scheme.

"The last four weeks, nobody could stop it their zone scheme. And they gave up on it. We're just happy they did. We were, like, 'OK, we'll take it.'"

Dallas (7-7) ran Murray 18 times, and he averaged 7.4 in gaining 134 yards. By comparison, the Cowboys had 51 dropbacks, a 26.1% rushing rate that was much lower than their low 13-game mark of 35.9%.

"We watched (Murray) last week with the coaches and we said, 'This guy is the real deal,'" Pickett added. "He's tough, fast and so deceptively strong. He's one of the most underrated backs."

Granted, Green Bay's defense was there to be taken early. With no pass rush whatsoever, you could forgive Garrett/Callahan for passing early to get the lead because Tony Romo had all day.

But not to run a gifted back such as Murray, and thereby allow his effective offensive line to settle accounts and protect the miserable defense, bordered on criminal in the NFL.

"That's just who they are," cornerback Tramon Williams said. "They run the ball really well against everybody they play, but they just never stick with it."
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...235969701.html

I'm happy that Callahan can focus in a role he does best. Remember he's had success with the run wherever he went in the past. San Diego OL and Ladanian, NYJ's sent multiple players to the Pro Bowl that he helped develop, Raiders, Nebraksa... He knows what he's doing. The job he did with Bernadeau deserves props... and he did stand behind Free when we all wanted nothing to do with him... Identified Leary... brought Waters out of retirement... all good moves.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, I think he's the real deal. I remember this talk from the Packers when we were thrashing them on the ground before we gave up on it in the second half.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...235969701.html

I'm happy that Callahan can focus in a role he does best. Remember he's had success with the run wherever he went in the past. San Diego OL and Ladanian, NYJ's sent multiple players to the Pro Bowl that he helped develop, Raiders, Nebraksa... He knows what he's doing. The job he did with Bernadeau deserves props... and he did stand behind Free when we all wanted nothing to do with him... Identified Leary... brought Waters out of retirement... all good moves.
You buried the headline lol
Quote:
Arlington, Texas This is why the football team owned and general managed by Jerry Jones has one playoff victory in the last 17 years.
Im sure it was just an oversight.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You buried the headline lol

Im sure it was just an oversight.
But for some reason you're upset with trying to fix the problem? I don't recall Jerry making the call to abandon the run. What ever man. Keep being hopeless. I won't be.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:04 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor

You have to start winning before you give credit to someone else.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:43 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
You have to start winning before you give credit to someone else.
By my count he's a 3-time SB winning GM/owner. Lets not rehash stupid arguments.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:47 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
But for some reason you're upset with trying to fix the problem? I don't recall Jerry making the call to abandon the run. What ever man. Keep being hopeless. I won't be.
Jerry IS the problem. My hope is his next coach will fix the problem with his own staff, personnel moves, and firey demeanor. A HC that will become the face of the franchise instead of a yes man. We'll see if JJ has learned his lesson or not by his next hire.