Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 02:09 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,050
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
There's nothing distorted about what I said and in fact you did not make a single point that goes against anything I said.

I don't think you've been following the discussion. Pocket brought up the thought that SEA is set up for longevity. Trog and I tried to tell him that once they have to pay their stars like Wilson, Sherman, etc that they won't be able to field as strong a team as they currently have constructed. SF fits in the same boat with Kap. They will get into a situation like we are with Romo.

Nobody is saying that they are our model. In fact, I said that Romo's contract is a handicap that we have to work around. So you are exactly right about us being incomparable. When we have to pay our QB like Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Eli, Big Ben... then he needs to make up for some of our weaknesses like those guys do. ALL OF THEM has had to overcome imperfections on their way to success. We've seen it on occasion from Romo, but he's never shown us consistency. Then when he doesn't, every offseason we go into it saying, "Romo needs this... Romo needs that... It's not his fault that this or that sucks".

We have guys crying about OL. I mentioned that SEA starts Giancomini and Sweeney... a 5th and 7th rounder. While we would ALL love an OL made up of 1st and 2nd round picks, that's really asking for the impossible. Our OL turned the corner last year and it's true that cohesiveness can make up for talent. I think that we'll have a chance to add to our OL in the draft where the value fits right, but if we continue to beef it up, then we need to look at other areas where we can start to save on current or future costs. ...thus the talk of Murray's future with the team.
Lol. Folks were saying it before Romo got here and they will be saying it after he is gone. Before he got his big payday we had the same results as we are seeing now. JJ doesnt know how to build a winning roster while Seattle, Denver, Green Bay, SF, NO, NE, all appear to be in great shape to at least have a chance at winning a SB. Some have high dollar QBs and other dont, but they all field competitive teams while we go 8-8 every year. Late in the 3rd quarter, Wilson had 94 yards passing and they were dominating! We would have been the one getting dominated if Romo had 94 yards. Denver scored 8 points on Seattle and 51 on us. Damn it Romo! Lol. And NOBODY cares where we draft an Olineman if hes a starter and is good. The fact is, JJ misses on about 95% of his Oline draft picks that arent highly drafted. If he finds a 7th round gem thats as good as Giancomini, all the better.
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,270
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Lol. Folks were saying it before Romo got here and they will be saying it after he is gone. Before he got his big payday we had the same results as we are seeing now. JJ doesnt know how to build a winning roster while Seattle, Denver, Green Bay, SF, NO, NE, all appear to be in great shape to at least have a chance at winning a SB. Some have high dollar QBs and other dont, but they all field competitive teams while we go 8-8 every year. Late in the 3rd quarter, Wilson had 94 yards passing and they were dominating! We would have been the one getting dominated if Romo had 94 yards. Denver scored 8 points on Seattle and 51 on us. Damn it Romo! Lol. And NOBODY cares where we draft an Olineman if hes a starter and is good. The fact is, JJ misses on about 95% of his Oline draft picks that arent highly drafted. If he finds a 7th round gem thats as good as Giancomini, all the better.
Did you learn nothing from what shane and everyone has been saying? We CANNOT compare our team to theirs. Our QB gets paid $100M dollars. Theirs does NOT. They spread their wealth around while we have ours tied up in 1 position.

Looking at the way our team is shaped up now, tell me what positions we can get away with NOT investing heavily in.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:58 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,050
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Did you learn nothing from what shane and everyone has been saying? We CANNOT compare our team to theirs. Our QB gets paid $100M dollars. Theirs does NOT. They spread their wealth around while we have ours tied up in 1 position.

Looking at the way our team is shaped up now, tell me what positions we can get away with NOT investing heavily in.
Did you ignore the teams I mentioned that compete for SBs every year that have 100 million dollar QBs? teams like NO, Denver, Green Bay, NE, ect ect. Your just making up excuses for our GMs ineptude. When Romo was starting as a UFA and we were saving money at that position, were we competing like SF and Seattle are doing now? NO! Now that we have a QB being paid 100 million are we competing like the NEs, GBs, NOs, of the world? NO! We dont compete because our GM has us 25 million over the cap, do those other teams with 100 million dollar QBs have that problem? NO. Its one thing to over pay to keep a SB contender together, its another thing to over pay because, like you, the GM thinks we are this-close to being in that same class. Just a month or two ago you were comparing our D to Seattle's saying we arent that far off LMAO. Since 2006 we have drafted 62 players, only 23 remain. From 2006-2009 we have 3, THREE players starting out of 34 picks. THATS why we dont compete like those other teams do. THATS why we have no depth. THATS why we cant overcome injuries like some other teams can.

Teams win with 100 million dollar QBs, teams win without 100M QBs. We did neither time. You like to blame Romo but Romo didnt put this roster together and expecting him to overcome the 32nd ranked D is a joke.
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,270
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Did you ignore the teams I mentioned that compete for SBs every year that have 100 million dollar QBs? teams like NO, Denver, Green Bay, NE, ect ect. Your just making up excuses for our GMs ineptude. When Romo was starting as a UFA and we were saving money at that position, were we competing like SF and Seattle are doing now? NO! Now that we have a QB being paid 100 million are we competing like the NEs, GBs, NOs, of the world? NO! We dont compete because our GM has us 25 million over the cap, do those other teams with 100 million dollar QBs have that problem? NO. Its one thing to over pay to keep a SB contender together, its another thing to over pay because, like you, the GM thinks we are this-close to being in that same class. Just a month or two ago you were comparing our D to Seattle's saying we arent that far off LMAO. Since 2006 we have drafted 62 players, only 23 remain. From 2006-2009 we have 3, THREE players starting out of 34 picks. THATS why we dont compete like those other teams do. THATS why we have no depth. THATS why we cant overcome injuries like some other teams can.

Teams win with 100 million dollar QBs, teams win without 100M QBs. We did neither time. You like to blame Romo but Romo didnt put this roster together and expecting him to overcome the 32nd ranked D is a joke.
You're off your rocker. You say why can't we be like DEN, GB, NE and then go on to say "Look at Wilson throwing for 94 yards...and winning the SB". Contradict much?

Secondly, you bring up DEN, GB and NE and ignore the fact that Romo is not in the same league as Manning, Rodgers and Brady. Those teams are successful because those QBs overcome more weaknesses than Romo does. They are better QBs so don't compare us to them. We paid Romo too much. That's a knock on Jerry.

I agree that we had bad drafts. I'm not dancing around that. You like to blame Jerry like he's the sole decision maker. He's not. When he's surrounded by good football minds, good things happen. When he's not, then bad things happen. Your logic is narrow minded because you think "selective" history sets a precedence for the future. SEA just won their 1st SB. Did history win then?

Oh and btw, in 2008 when Romo was on a cheap contract we were 13-3 and sent 13 players to the Pro Bowl. Funny how good we were able to afford all those good players back then, huh?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:47 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,050
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

[quote=D-Unit;3562304]You're off your rocker. You say why can't we be like DEN, GB, NE and then go on to say "Look at Wilson throwing for 94 yards...and winning the SB". Contradict much?
Just pointing out you can win EITHER WAY if you have a quality GM

Secondly, you bring up DEN, GB and NE and ignore the fact that Romo is not in the same league as Manning, Rodgers and Brady. Those teams are successful because those QBs overcome more weaknesses than Romo does. They are better QBs so don't compare us to them. We paid Romo too much. That's a knock on Jerry.
Those teams dont have the weaknesses we do. Not even close. Again JJ pays our players like we are SB contenders when we are not.

I agree that we had bad drafts. I'm not dancing around that. You like to blame Jerry like he's the sole decision maker. He's not. When he's surrounded by good football minds, good things happen. When he's not, then bad things happen. Your logic is narrow minded because you think "selective" history sets a precedence for the future. SEA just won their 1st SB. Did history win then?
When was the last time JJ had "good football minds" around him? Jimmy? Parcells? He ran them both off so....

Oh and btw, in 2008 when Romo was on a cheap contract we were 13-3 and sent 13 players to the Pro Bowl. Funny how good we were able to afford all those good players back then, huh?
1 year wonders. 1 and done. Followed that year up with a 6-10. How good were those players again? Not to mention the 2009 draft after the 13-3 season

Answers in bold.
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,270
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

[quote=pocketaces;3562311]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You're off your rocker. You say why can't we be like DEN, GB, NE and then go on to say "Look at Wilson throwing for 94 yards...and winning the SB". Contradict much?
Just pointing out you can win EITHER WAY if you have a quality GM

Secondly, you bring up DEN, GB and NE and ignore the fact that Romo is not in the same league as Manning, Rodgers and Brady. Those teams are successful because those QBs overcome more weaknesses than Romo does. They are better QBs so don't compare us to them. We paid Romo too much. That's a knock on Jerry.
Those teams dont have the weaknesses we do. Not even close. Again JJ pays our players like we are SB contenders when we are not.

I agree that we had bad drafts. I'm not dancing around that. You like to blame Jerry like he's the sole decision maker. He's not. When he's surrounded by good football minds, good things happen. When he's not, then bad things happen. Your logic is narrow minded because you think "selective" history sets a precedence for the future. SEA just won their 1st SB. Did history win then?
When was the last time JJ had "good football minds" around him? Jimmy? Parcells? He ran them both off so....

Oh and btw, in 2008 when Romo was on a cheap contract we were 13-3 and sent 13 players to the Pro Bowl. Funny how good we were able to afford all those good players back then, huh?
1 year wonders. 1 and done. Followed that year up with a 6-10. How good were those players again? Not to mention the 2009 draft after the 13-3 season

Answers in bold.
Yeah, sure we can win if we have Peyton, Brady, Rodgers... Do we have that? Bet you we'd be more than 8-8 if we did. You crack me up. BTW, Russell Wilson is better than Romo too, in case you didn't realize it. Tired of your Romo excuses. Wake up and realize that he's WAY overpaid bro.

LOL I can only imagine what you'd be saying about our offense if Romo was surrounded by the players Brady had to work with.

I think Garrett has proven to be a pretty good drafter. So there's hope in this year's offseason. Jerry has surrounded himself by some smart guys like Marinelli, Linehan... and yes, even Callahan and Kiffin. Just because you had crow served up to your face last year, and as bitter as it was, don't take that loss on out anyone else. OWN IT. EAT IT. SWALLOW IT. You were DEAD WRONG, so just stop with your ideas that we can't improve.

We were 1 and done because Wade is stupid.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:27 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,050
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, sure we can win if we have Peyton, Brady, Rodgers... Do we have that? Bet you we'd be more than 8-8 if we did. You crack me up. BTW, Russell Wilson is better than Romo too, in case you didn't realize it. Tired of your Romo excuses. Wake up and realize that he's WAY overpaid bro.

LOL I can only imagine what you'd be saying about our offense if Romo was surrounded by the players Brady had to work with.

I think Garrett has proven to be a pretty good drafter. So there's hope in this year's offseason. Jerry has surrounded himself by some smart guys like Marinelli, Linehan... and yes, even Callahan and Kiffin. Just because you had crow served up to your face last year, and as bitter as it was, don't take that loss on out anyone else. OWN IT. EAT IT. SWALLOW IT. You were DEAD WRONG, so just stop with your ideas that we can't improve.

We were 1 and done because Wade is stupid.
Im not the one that paid him. That was YOUR "GM" that has screwed up more than just paying his QB but your to blind to see it. Have NO IDEA what loss I was "wrong" about? This coming from the man who said our D is comparable to Seattles LOLZZZZZ. If your talking about me being "wrong" about the draft, I'd say check out thst 32nd ranking on D while Escobar, Webb, Randle, Wilcox, and most of the D line all mostly sat and watched. Never said we cant improve. I've said JJ doesnt know how to build a winning roster. He needs to hire somebody who does.
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 02-04-2014 at 07:32 PM.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,270
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Im not the one that paid him. That was YOUR "GM" that has screwed up more than just paying his QB but your to blind to see it. Have NO IDEA what loss I was "wrong" about? This coming from the man who said our D is comparable to Seattles LOLZZZZZ. If your talking about me being "wrong" about the draft, I'd say check out thst 32nd ranking on D while Escobar, Webb, Randle, Wilcox, and most of the D line all mostly sat and watched. Never said we cant improve. I've said JJ doesnt know how to build a winning roster. He needs to hire somebody who does.
Good then both you and me are upset with Jerry extending Romo for that amount. Oh wait... my criticisms on Jerry don't register in your head. LOL. Just because you live in absolutes, that doesn't mean we all do. I fairly criticize him and credit him. It's called being unbiased. So don't label him as "My" Gm. He's the Gm we got and I only defend him from stupid biased opinions that are completely ignorant.

But I don't expect you to get it. Apparently in your piss poor comprehension of things there was some moment in history where you thought I said our D is comparable to Seattles. HAHAHA. Very funny.

You have ZERO hope or belief that things will improve here. ZERO. Don't try to say otherwise. Jerry isn't going anywhere soon.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:45 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,050
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Good then both you and me are upset with Jerry extending Romo for that amount. Oh wait... my criticisms on Jerry don't register in your head. LOL. Just because you live in absolutes, that doesn't mean we all do. I fairly criticize him and credit him. It's called being unbiased. So don't label him as "My" Gm. He's the Gm we got and I only defend him from stupid biased opinions that are completely ignorant.

But I don't expect you to get it. Apparently in your piss poor comprehension of things there was some moment in history where you thought I said our D is comparable to Seattles. HAHAHA. Very funny.

You have ZERO hope or belief that things will improve here. ZERO. Don't try to say otherwise. Jerry isn't going anywhere soon.
Hes got 1 year to fix it then its time to clean house....again. Lame duck coach with a different OC and DC for the 3rd year in a row. Sounds successful. We'll see in May if JJ sticks to the board or sees another shiney toy.
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,050
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I mean really if you think about it...

DE Red Bryant, Michael Bennett, Chris Clemons, Chris Avril, Bruce Irvin
DE Demarcus Ware, George Selvie, Tyrone Crawford, Everette Brown... and yes, even Anthony Spencer.

This is a position that I think we match up with. The return of Crawford will be a boost next season. As for Spencer, the more I think about it, the more I think he will return next season under a newly signed contract. There's no way that I believe that there will be teams out there anxious to sign a guy to big money at his age coming off a torn ACL. If Spencer is smart and honest about wanting to stay with the Cowboys, then hopefully he considers the $10M dollars that he got this year and not playing a single down a type of forward payment and then sign a new affordable deal with us.

DT Brandon Mebane, Tony McDaniel, Jordan Hill, Clinton McDonald
DT Jason Hatcher, Nick Hayden, Jarius Wynn, Drake Nevis

What they have doesn't exactly drop your jaw. They do have size and hustle, but if we can resign Hatcher somehow and use a Top 3 pick on DT, that may suffice. As long as Hatcher isn't a "contract year" type player and really does benefit from the change in scheme, then it might even be prudent to tag him with the franchise tag the way we used it on Spencer to really find out. But as far as the front 4 go, the rotation of bodies we have on paper doesn't seem too outmatched by what Seattle is fielding.

LB Bruce Irvin, Bobby Wagner, KJ Wright, Malcolm Smith, Michael Morgan
LB Bruce Carter, Sean Lee, Justin Durant, Kyle Wilber, Devonte Holloman

I would love to improve our depth at LB, and I do expect some changes, but we can still match up pretty decently here as well if we're healthy. Wilber has really stepped up for Durant's injury and I really think he can be a big part of our future at SLB...possibly allowing us to cut Durant in the offseason. Though Holloman has been hurt and is just a rookie, he is also the guy I really love in coverage. Ernie Sims shouldn't be expected back.

CB Richard Sherman, Byron Maxwell, Jeremy Lane, DeSahwn Shead
CB Brandon Carr, Mo Claiborne, Orlando Scandrick, BW Webb

The big gap here is the impact Sherman has that we simply can't match. We saw last night that even without Brandon Browner, that the Seahawks secondary can be dominant. Maxwell showed up last night and forced some key dropped passes. At this point for us, Claiborne hasn't delivered and that's disappointing, but I still have faith that he will make a positive career for himself. The injury thing is killing him though. Depth wise, we match up fine if not easily better. But having a shutdown CB that can match up with big WRs is not something we have on this roster and we really need that from Claiborne.

S Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Jeron Johnson, Chris Maragos
S JJ Wilcox, Barry Church, Jeff Heath, Danny McCray

If Richard Sherman was a big gap between what Seattle has and what we have, then the difference in what Earl Thomas is to what we have is more like the Grand Canyon! This is the biggest key for us. We HAVE TO find a way to get an elite player back at FS for us. I'm convinced that it's our biggest need! The good news is that I think Wilcox showed us enough that he can be a starter in this league and has the potential to ultimately end up playing at a very high level. He's a big hitter and he shares that characteristic with Chancellor. Church is cheap enough to end up being a depth guy and Heath has made some plays that make me feel good about having him coming off the bench. Certainly better than Jeron Johnson and Chris Maragos would be. So yeah... if we can only get our slimmy hands on that elusive elite FS, then I think with the right coaching that we can make huge improvements in our defense next season.
My bad. I thought I read somewhere you were trying to compare our D with theirs. Guess I made it up.
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:57 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 545
Reputation: 40360
shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Looking at the way our team is shaped up now, tell me what positions we can get away with NOT investing heavily in.
I like this question because it gives you pause to provide an answer instead of ******** on Jerrah all day long.

I think we have an enormous amount on DB which would be better spent on the front 4.

I always feel that you can get by with average on the back end if the pressure up front is not giving the QB enough time(and thus the receivers) to set their feet or make "the move" to put our DB's out.

I remember Philly a few years ago had such a massive drop off in "perceived quality" of there DB's which coincided with a stupid injury toll up front(I think that was the year that Jevon Kearse got injured).

The same thing has happened to the Giants.

Where as we seem to have it backwards compiling over 100 million to our DB's with street walkers on the front end.

I have already made my thoughts known on RB. I want to keep Murray, but I want to do it at no more then 4 per year.

BRAINWAVE...

I have just noticed another problem with Garrett and see if this makes sense with you guys.

Our drafting habits at the moment in the 2nd-5th has been to take flier's on Quality players with INJURY problems. Now the reason I bring this up as a problem is that it flies in the face of the new CBA agreement. You have an opportunity(like Seattle and San Fran have done) to build a quality roster on contracts which are capped and cannot be raised. We haven't been able to do that even though one would argue that we have drafted relatively well over the last few years.

Bruce Carter and Sean Lee. Both injured coming out of College(both missed their first year due to injury. Automatically losing a capped contract year of play) Both have since been unable to complete a season and we have already given one an extension.

Matt Johnson(S) drafted in the 5th. Arguably the steal of the draft at the time. Hasn't played a single down in the NFL as he came out with injury concerns and they have matched with his career. Wasting a pick on injured reserve has not helped at all.

Demarco Murray. Drafted with injury concerns. Hasn't completed a season.

Crawford. Another drafted on potential with injury concerns.

Every player listed there is an exciting prospect who looks like quality in the small vision we have of some of them. Yet we are wasting the years that you have to get the most out of these players because we haven't taken the injury red flag and looked elsewhere.

I like the players. I even like the thought process to a certain degree. But at the end of the day. These players if they were playing week in and week out would give us a hell of a lot more of an opportunity to win games. And we need them to when they are being paid peanuts.
__________________
shane_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:03 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,050
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
I like this question because it gives you pause to provide an answer instead of ******** on Jerrah all day long.

I think we have an enormous amount on DB which would be better spent on the front 4.

I always feel that you can get by with average on the back end if the pressure up front is not giving the QB enough time(and thus the receivers) to set their feet or make "the move" to put our DB's out.

I remember Philly a few years ago had such a massive drop off in "perceived quality" of there DB's which coincided with a stupid injury toll up front(I think that was the year that Jevon Kearse got injured).

The same thing has happened to the Giants.

Where as we seem to have it backwards compiling over 100 million to our DB's with street walkers on the front end.

I have already made my thoughts known on RB. I want to keep Murray, but I want to do it at no more then 4 per year.

BRAINWAVE...

I have just noticed another problem with Garrett and see if this makes sense with you guys.

Our drafting habits at the moment in the 2nd-5th has been to take flier's on Quality players with INJURY problems. Now the reason I bring this up as a problem is that it flies in the face of the new CBA agreement. You have an opportunity(like Seattle and San Fran have done) to build a quality roster on contracts which are capped and cannot be raised. We haven't been able to do that even though one would argue that we have drafted relatively well over the last few years.

Bruce Carter and Sean Lee. Both injured coming out of College(both missed their first year due to injury. Automatically losing a capped contract year of play) Both have since been unable to complete a season and we have already given one an extension.

Matt Johnson(S) drafted in the 5th. Arguably the steal of the draft at the time. Hasn't played a single down in the NFL as he came out with injury concerns and they have matched with his career. Wasting a pick on injured reserve has not helped at all.

Demarco Murray. Drafted with injury concerns. Hasn't completed a season.

Crawford. Another drafted on potential with injury concerns.

Every player listed there is an exciting prospect who looks like quality in the small vision we have of some of them. Yet we are wasting the years that you have to get the most out of these players because we haven't taken the injury red flag and looked elsewhere.

I like the players. I even like the thought process to a certain degree. But at the end of the day. These players if they were playing week in and week out would give us a hell of a lot more of an opportunity to win games. And we need them to when they are being paid peanuts.
So IYO we can skimp on the backend of the D while admitting thats where JJ has spent most of his money. Then you say stop ******** on JJ. Then you go on to talk about a flawed draft process in drafting injury prone players, but dont want to **** on JJ. Somebody is to blame for the things that you mentioned but for some reason nobody wants to put it on the face of the franchise. "From the socks to the jocks" I believe was JJ's quote.
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,270
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
My bad. I thought I read somewhere you were trying to compare our D with theirs. Guess I made it up.
I really love the attempt this time! Pulling a post from 2 months ago is AWESOME! My bad for thinking we were talking about a current discussion.

I still stand by what I said, but once again... your reading comprehension failed you. It really is that sad...

You didn't see this?...

On CB:
Quote:
The big gap here is the impact Sherman has that we simply can't match.
On S:
Quote:
If Richard Sherman was a big gap between what Seattle has and what we have, then the difference in what Earl Thomas is to what we have is more like the Grand Canyon!
I mean since you thought I said our defense was as good as Seattle's, I'm forced to think that you have reading comprehension issues.

I'll bring up the other positions in another post because I'd like revisiting that discussion.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,270
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
I like this question because it gives you pause to provide an answer instead of ******** on Jerrah all day long...
He won't answer it. He can't. It'll mean that he won't be able to complain about those positions... and that's something he just won't give up. He wants a perfect roster while spending $21M on Romo next year.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:38 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,050
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I really love the attempt this time! Pulling a post from 2 months ago is AWESOME! My bad for thinking we were talking about a current discussion.

I still stand by what I said, but once again... your reading comprehension failed you. It really is that sad...

You didn't see this?...

On CB:


On S:


I mean since you thought I said our defense was as good as Seattle's, I'm forced to think that you have reading comprehension issues.

I'll bring up the other positions in another post because I'd like revisiting that discussion.
Spin control. You made the post acting like we arent that far off and I called you out on it when you posted it. Then when I brought it up you denied it. I show the proof and now its not current. LOL Its not my comprehension that is off, its your evaluation and thought process.
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,270
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I mean really if you think about it...

DE Red Bryant, Michael Bennett, Chris Clemons, Chris Avril, Bruce Irvin
DE Demarcus Ware, George Selvie, Tyrone Crawford, Everette Brown... and yes, even Anthony Spencer.

This is a position that I think we match up with. The return of Crawford will be a boost next season. As for Spencer, the more I think about it, the more I think he will return next season under a newly signed contract. There's no way that I believe that there will be teams out there anxious to sign a guy to big money at his age coming off a torn ACL. If Spencer is smart and honest about wanting to stay with the Cowboys, then hopefully he considers the $10M dollars that he got this year and not playing a single down a type of forward payment and then sign a new affordable deal with us.
How do the rest of you feel about Spencer? Should we write him off already? When I made this post, I really thought that it would be possible for him to return if he came back to us cheap. If I was a player who got paid $10M and never played a down, I would feel pretty damn guilty about that. I wouldn't even be able to walk around the lockerroom without feeling like eyes are all over me. But I dunno about Spencer... If he just a guy looking for his next paycheck even if it's from another team or is he a guy going into Jerry's office saying, "I'll make this up to you Mr. Jones. Let's go!"

If Spencer comes back that should give us a buffer come draft time and maybe we can afford to wait and pick up a latter guy like a Demarcus Lawrence type.

Another huge thing in the air that's to be settled this offseason is how to handle Ware's contract.

Definitely some things for us to figure out before the draft.
[/quote]
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,270
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Spin control. You made the post acting like we arent that far off and I called you out on it when you posted it. Then when I brought it up you denied it. I show the proof and now its not current. LOL Its not my comprehension that is off, its your evaluation and thought process.
I still think the biggest gap between their defense and ours is our secondary not having a Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas. Are you unable to grasp the significance of that?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:53 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,050
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
He won't answer it. He can't. It'll mean that he won't be able to complain about those positions... and that's something he just won't give up. He wants a perfect roster while spending $21M on Romo next year.
I want a roster that competes for SBs. I gave JJ plenty of time to put that roster together. 18 years later we still only have 1 playoff win in that time. Coaches change, players change, the results havent. 3 OCs and DCs in three years. Spend premium picks to run NEs offense then we dont run it. Change from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and spend NO picks on the DL. Have a Pro Bowl WR, RB, TE and we draft a WR, RB, TE all the while the Defense is DEAD LAST in the league. This isnt a 1 year problem, this is an 18 year problem. I blame JJ, you blame everybody else. If we paid Romo NOTHING, as in $0, we would still be over the cap! You realize that, right? JJ is the one that got us in this mess, not me.
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:56 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,050
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I still think the biggest gap between their defense and ours is our secondary not having a Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas. Are you unable to grasp the significance of that?
No, I get that, but we arent as close at the other positions as you inferred we are. Those 2 would be big time additions but unless Mo does something we havent seen yet and there is an Earl Thomas for us to draft, we arent getting close to their level.
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:58 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,050
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How do the rest of you feel about Spencer? Should we write him off already? When I made this post, I really thought that it would be possible for him to return if he came back to us cheap. If I was a player who got paid $10M and never played a down, I would feel pretty damn guilty about that. I wouldn't even be able to walk around the lockerroom without feeling like eyes are all over me. But I dunno about Spencer... If he just a guy looking for his next paycheck even if it's from another team or is he a guy going into Jerry's office saying, "I'll make this up to you Mr. Jones. Let's go!"

If Spencer comes back that should give us a buffer come draft time and maybe we can afford to wait and pick up a latter guy like a Demarcus Lawrence type.

Another huge thing in the air that's to be settled this offseason is how to handle Ware's contract.

Definitely some things for us to figure out before the draft.
[/quote]

Thats a hard injury to come back from and hes 30+ years old. Time to find a replacement IMO.
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,270
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I want a roster that competes for SBs. I gave JJ plenty of time to put that roster together. 18 years later we still only have 1 playoff win in that time. Coaches change, players change, the results havent. 3 OCs and DCs in three years. Spend premium picks to run NEs offense then we dont run it. Change from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and spend NO picks on the DL. Have a Pro Bowl WR, RB, TE and we draft a WR, RB, TE all the while the Defense is DEAD LAST in the league. This isnt a 1 year problem, this is an 18 year problem. I blame JJ, you blame everybody else. If we paid Romo NOTHING, as in $0, we would still be over the cap! You realize that, right? JJ is the one that got us in this mess, not me.
What is your expectation for the number of rookies to have an impact in year 1? You're constantly bringing up RB like we spent a high pick on him or something.

The defense was dead last because we had a washed up DC and injuries that were worse than reasonably expected. I blame Jerry and Jason for the Kiffin hire, but I don't call it a total loss because of Marinelli's impact and the Take Away improvement.

I don't let history decide whether or not I feel hopeless for the future.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,270
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Thats a hard injury to come back from and hes 30+ years old. Time to find a replacement IMO.
DE should be looked at in the draft. That isn't the question.

As a long time Spencer supporter, you wouldn't even want him back if he came cheap?

Even as a long time hater, recent convert, I definitely would bring him back affordably. Reason why SEA is good is because of their depth.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:20 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,050
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
DE should be looked at in the draft. That isn't the question.

As a long time Spencer supporter, you wouldn't even want him back if he came cheap?
Nope. Cant count on him and hes at that age where hes probably not going to stay healthy anyway.
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:42 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,489
Reputation: 201113
E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

How cheap are we talking with Spencer? If it's top 20 starter money then I'd move on to a combo of Crawford and a draft pick. If no one would sign him, and he can be had for a nice bargain I'd say to give him a one year chance. Not that I would put a lot of stock in him. I'd definitely draft someone in the first four rounds to compete with Crawford and Selvie, but having Spencer in the rotation wouldn't be so bad as a backup. That all depends on what he's offered. If a 3-4 team offers him good money I'd let him walk. It's all about testing free agency for him.
__________________
"If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,050
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
How cheap are we talking with Spencer? If it's top 20 starter money then I'd move on to a combo of Crawford and a draft pick. If no one would sign him, and he can be had for a nice bargain I'd say to give him a one year chance. Not that I would put a lot of stock in him. I'd definitely draft someone in the first four rounds to compete with Crawford and Selvie, but having Spencer in the rotation wouldn't be so bad as a backup. That all depends on what he's offered. If a 3-4 team offers him good money I'd let him walk. It's all about testing free agency for him.
Good points. I agree, if he comes here as a cheap backup then I could live with that. Anything more than that, let him walk.
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.