Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-22-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Quote:
Leak? Who wants to take a leak? Not me! ...I just went.

Yeah, Leak was a name discussed as an option before Romo-mania... So what? He went back to college and proved that he is a so so prospect. Yeah, he's worth a 4th round value... but not for us! His arm is way to weak.
Jacobs was also only an option pre-Romo, so I still don't undertsand how it's any different for you to have wanted Leak and for me to have wanted Jacobs. Neither is going to happen, and I wouldn't want either of them.
The difference is you put all your chips in his basket and hounded us to the ground on why the Cowboys should take him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, Leak was a name discussed as an option before Romo-mania... So what? He went back to college and proved that he is a so so prospect. Yeah, he's worth a 4th round value... but not for us! His arm is way to weak.
Jacobs was also only an option pre-Romo, so I still don't undertsand how it's any different for you to have wanted Leak and for me to have wanted Jacobs. Neither is going to happen, and I wouldn't want either of them.
The difference is you put all your chips in his basket and hounded us to the ground on why the Cowboys should take him.
Weren't you the one who said Ellis getting injured would help the team in 2006? You know what they about glass houses.....
Old 01-22-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
well theres no changing the mind of a man with a man crush :D glad you are happy with the just above .500 record he brought us the last four years with the two playoff losses. imo the parcell years were a failure and iyo he was a genius. agree to disagree. btw i posted the henning hoax a few pages back.
Man crush? That's putting it lightly.. I lost my left nut when Parcells said he's retiring.

That one 6-10 season totally skewed his winning percentage, but he's not dodging it, and he could probably care less of what the critics think, so why should I?

I'm with him.... we're above that nonsense.

The last 4 years were PURE MISERY!!!!! OH HALELUJA!!!! PRAISE THE GOOD LORD!!! HE'S GONE!!! Let's bring in someone who is sure to do a better job!!! On to greener pastures!!! Just show us the way pocketace! :D
Old 01-22-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iameverywhere
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Weren't you the one who said Ellis getting injured would help the team in 2006? You know what they about glass houses.....
No, I was not the one who said that. I believe it was BBD.

...and I'm not the one hiding my identity... so what was that about glass houses???
Old 01-22-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Here is SI's list of possible Cowboys coaches:

Wade Phillips
Bill Cowher
Houston Nutt
Charlie Weiss
Bob Stoops
Norv Turner
Tony Sparano
Pete Carroll
Ron Rivera
Mike Singletary

The only guy we haven't really discussed is Weiss...what do you guys think?
Old 01-22-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
well theres no changing the mind of a man with a man crush :D glad you are happy with the just above .500 record he brought us the last four years with the two playoff losses. imo the parcell years were a failure and iyo he was a genius. agree to disagree. btw i posted the henning hoax a few pages back.
Man crush? That's putting it lightly.. I lost my left nut when Parcells said he's retiring.

That one 6-10 season totally skewed his winning percentage, but he's not dodging it, and he could probably care less of what the critics think, so why should I?

The last 4 years were PURE MISERY!!!!! OH HALELUJA!!!! PRAISE THE GOOD LORD!!! HE'S GONE!!! Let's bring in someone who is sure to do a better job!!! On to greener pastures!!! Just show us the way pocketace! :D
Replacing Parcells will not be easy. Just read Woodie's comments ....

3. Does his 34-32 record with Dallas tarnish his legacy?

Darren Woodson: No, not at all. When Parcells came in he changed the culture around the Cowboys and brought in a winning attitude. His first year we ended up 10-6 and you can't even compare the talent we had back then to the talent they have now. He has changed the culture not only with the players, but with the entire organization as far as the scouting department and coaching staff. I guarantee you Jerry Jones has learned a lot from him the past several years. From top to bottom, the organization is in a better spot now than when he arrived.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, I was not the one who said that. I believe it was BBD.

...and I'm not the one hiding my identity... so what was that about glass houses???
D-Unit as admin and resident Police Officer I am 100% SURE if I was a duplicate poster you would have banned me already.

Plus, with all your aliases you should talk. I think you are Thule, DMW, and a few others but I don't care either way.....
Old 01-22-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

well hold on tight to that right one then :? the bad thing is if jerry makes the right hire and this person does do well everybody will be saying he did it with parcells talent. same thing they said about barry with jimmys talent. with the talent thats here it shouldnt be too hard for the coach to be succesful. we shall see.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

well hold on tight to that right one then :? the bad thing is if jerry makes the right hire and this person does do well everybody will be saying he did it with parcells talent. same thing they said about barry with jimmys talent. with the talent thats here it shouldnt be too hard for the coach to be succesful. we shall see.
Other than TO, Adams, Ellis and Roy Williams -- this is entirely Parcell's team.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Other than TO, Adams, Ellis and Roy Williams -- this is entirely Parcell's team.
how can that be when he wasnt part of the first two drafts? or so its been posted here before
Old 01-22-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
D-Unit wrote:
CTCowboysFan wrote:
Quote:

I also gave you a fair chance to give me one characteristic that Leak had, that Jacobs did not, and you avoided the question or did not answer it which means you had nothing.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
D-Unit wrote:
CTCowboysFan wrote:
Quote:

I also gave you a fair chance to give me one characteristic that Leak had, that Jacobs did not, and you avoided the question or did not answer it which means you had nothing.
Throwing Mechanics? Over the top release? Good footwork?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

how can that be when he wasnt part of the first two drafts? or so its been posted here before
I am not saying Parcells picked them, or not. BUT he did coach them and he did play them and he did keep them on the roster.

Why is this a debate. It is Parcells team. Most of these guys have spent their entire career with Parcells.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Quote:
D-Unit wrote:
CTCowboysFan wrote:
Quote:

Thank you Thule, or I mean D-Unit. Those are a few, but wouldn't throwing mechanics and over the top release qualify as one characteristic. And Jacobs' release wasn't over the top, it was more side-arm.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
D-Unit wrote:
CTCowboysFan wrote:
Quote:

Thank you Thule, or I mean D-Unit. Those are a few, but wouldn't throwing mechanics and over the top release qualify as one characteristic. And Jacobs' release wasn't over the top, it was more side-arm.
Sure...it's one...which you asked for.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-22-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Sure...it's one...which you asked for.
Fair enough.

I guarantee Omar Jacobs had more upside coming out last year than what Leak has this year.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I am not saying Parcells picked them, or not. BUT he did coach them and he did play them and he did keep them on the roster.

Why is this a debate. It is Parcells team. Most of these guys have spent their entire career with Parcells.
its not a debate but some people like to think its less of an accomplishment if you win with somebody else's players. like its an excuse. dont know why.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

I am extremely sorry to have started this debate...
Old 01-22-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

The biggest offseason question I think we have to answer after this whole coaching deal is who will be our RCB next year. Took us so long to find an answer...really makes me scared to have Henry moved and open up a big past weakness of ours. Would be like moving Columbo to LT and leave RT up for grabs again.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-22-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow this is a HUGE blow to the Cowboys. Parcells was more than just a coach, thats what alot of you are failing to realize.

He brought stability to the franchise when Jerry Jones thought he could run it himself. He brought in talent to make you guys contenders and respectable. While his tenior couldve been better, he did alot for this franchise and who knows how far you guys wouldve fallen without him.

He made the Cowboys mean something again...think about that.

And now he's gone.

This totally changes things next year. TO will be TO. The drafting will be screwed up again with no direction. Who's gonna replace him? All the candidates are gone unless LeBeau becomes the new HC, but LeBeau is old too and more of a DC than a HC.

Who's gonna control TO now? Who's gonna develop that young defense? Who's gonna develop Romo?

I know alot of you will look at the BP era in Dallas as a failure. And while he wasn't as popular with you guys as he was with his other teams, and not as successful either, he still left the team in good condition on his way out. I guess he was just too old and tired to keep doing it. 65 is pretty damn old, something we all overlooked.

He definately wasn't the same BP we had either. He just looked tired on the Dallas sideline. I still thought, even in old age, he was one hell of a coach. I still would take him over Coughlin, I'll tell you that much.

To me, he's the best that ever did it. NYG has a history of pumping out coaches from Lombardi to Landry, from Parcells to Bellichick, from Schottenheimer to Payton, etc. But BP was the best. This is a big blow to the Cowboys.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

My whole theory all along has been to rid the Cowboys of TO, and I know I am wrong because he is coming back but that doesn't mean I don't have a good point.

Why would we be concerned about hiring a coach to fit in with TO, ONE PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!! We aren't talking about bringing in a player for a coach, we are talking about bringing in a coach for a player. That is absurd. That is ridiculous. It makes me sick.

I am by no means a fan of TO, and I wish we would get him out before it's too late.

Look at this draft class, my god!!! Draft a darn WR.

I just am not a big fan of TO because I know he is a selfish and black hearted human being and it sucks having to root for that kind of individual.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I like the question you raise about TO...who is going to control him. I think if Todd Haley is still around...I have a feeling him and TO could get ugly. Haley is a no nonsense type of guy tho...so if TO stays on a good act I have to think Haley has a big part to do with it.

Just a side note I think the type of people who view the Parcells tenure as a failure are short-sited. If noone can see the character turnaround on this team...or the overall talent increase, then I hold their opinion with a grain of salt.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-22-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I like the question you raise about TO...who is going to control him. I think if Todd Haley is still around...I have a feeling him and TO could get ugly. Haley is a no nonsense type of guy tho...so if TO stays on a good act I have to think Haley has a big part to do with it.
I think it's just tough because Jerry wants TO but that may not be what's right for the team and could present more problems down the road.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

How about this approach for TO? Wait until the draft (his bonus isn't due until June) and if one of the top 3 (Johnson, Ginn, and Jarrett) is available take him and release TO. If not take your chances on "the player." To be brutally honest, he really wasn't that awful this year.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Wow this is a HUGE blow to the Cowboys. Parcells was more than just a coach, thats what alot of you are failing to realize.

He brought stability to the franchise when Jerry Jones thought he could run it himself. He brought in talent to make you guys contenders and respectable. While his tenior couldve been better, he did alot for this franchise and who knows how far you guys wouldve fallen without him.

He made the Cowboys mean something again...think about that.

And now he's gone.

This totally changes things next year. TO will be TO. The drafting will be screwed up again with no direction. Who's gonna replace him? All the candidates are gone unless LeBeau becomes the new HC, but LeBeau is old too and more of a DC than a HC.

Who's gonna control TO now? Who's gonna develop that young defense? Who's gonna develop Romo?

I know alot of you will look at the BP era in Dallas as a failure. And while he wasn't as popular with you guys as he was with his other teams, and not as successful either, he still left the team in good condition on his way out. I guess he was just too old and tired to keep doing it. 65 is pretty damn old, something we all overlooked.

He definately wasn't the same BP we had either. He just looked tired on the Dallas sideline. I still thought, even in old age, he was one hell of a coach. I still would take him over Coughlin, I'll tell you that much.

To me, he's the best that ever did it. NYG has a history of pumping out coaches from Lombardi to Landry, from Parcells to Bellichick, from Schottenheimer to Payton, etc. But BP was the best. This is a big blow to the Cowboys.
I totally agree, 100% with you BBD.

I can't believe there are guys with the audacity to call Parcells' time here a failure. It's mind boggling.