Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-22-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Wow this is a HUGE blow to the Cowboys. Parcells was more than just a coach, thats what alot of you are failing to realize.

He brought stability to the franchise when Jerry Jones thought he could run it himself. He brought in talent to make you guys contenders and respectable. While his tenior couldve been better, he did alot for this franchise and who knows how far you guys wouldve fallen without him.

He made the Cowboys mean something again...think about that.

And now he's gone.

This totally changes things next year. TO will be TO. The drafting will be screwed up again with no direction. Who's gonna replace him? All the candidates are gone unless LeBeau becomes the new HC, but LeBeau is old too and more of a DC than a HC.

Who's gonna control TO now? Who's gonna develop that young defense? Who's gonna develop Romo?

I know alot of you will look at the BP era in Dallas as a failure. And while he wasn't as popular with you guys as he was with his other teams, and not as successful either, he still left the team in good condition on his way out. I guess he was just too old and tired to keep doing it. 65 is pretty damn old, something we all overlooked.

He definately wasn't the same BP we had either. He just looked tired on the Dallas sideline. I still thought, even in old age, he was one hell of a coach. I still would take him over Coughlin, I'll tell you that much.

To me, he's the best that ever did it. NYG has a history of pumping out coaches from Lombardi to Landry, from Parcells to Bellichick, from Schottenheimer to Payton, etc. But BP was the best. This is a big blow to the Cowboys.
I totally agree, 100% with you BBD.

I can't believe there are guys with the audacity to call Parcells' time here a failure. It's mind boggling.
34-32 0 playoff wins = failure. we got the tired,old, just glad to be here parcells. the giants had the firey, motivated, great parcells. THAT guy would have taken us to the promised land and would have hung around here until he did. the one we got was i guess just too old and tired.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

34-32 = 52% winning percentage = Parcells a winner in Dallas = Fact.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
How about this approach for TO? Wait until the draft (his bonus isn't due until June) and if one of the top 3 (Johnson, Ginn, and Jarrett) is available take him and release TO. If not take your chances on "the player." To be brutally honest, he really wasn't that awful this year.
Your right and one thing I can't help but get excited about is a healthy Terrell Owens, meaning his hand is healed. As much as I hate him, we didn't even see his best this year and it was still better than anything we've had since Michael Irvin.

Anyways I do hate him and don't get me wrong so if there is a top WR available I hope we do what you say but if not he is still talented.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
wow thats awesome. when they hired bill 4 years ago i just invisioned winning 52% of our games. they should put chan gailey in the h.o.f. I mean 18-14 (.563) with 2 playoff losses. thats far superior to the tuna. hope our next coach can win half his games as well.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Yeah I will say Parcells was a good coach but the Cowboys didn't get the same guy and he is holding our team back, and you have to think he somewhat knew that. He is too old and if has trouble motivating himself how the heck can he motivate this young of a team? Parcells did a nice job bringing in new and young talent but I am not sure how well he coached them. Maybe he should consider that GM job with another team.

One other side note, and that is D-Unit we all respect what Parcells brought to this team but he certainly did not meet Jerry's expectations, nor mine (not that it matters) and to me it seems like you are sniffing his jock, and giving him more props than what he deserves.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Yeah I will say Parcells was a good coach but the Cowboys didn't get the same guy and he is holding our team back, and you have to think he somewhat knew that. He is too old and if has trouble motivating himself how the heck can he motivate this young of a team? Parcells did a nice job bringing in new and young talent but I am not sure how well he coached them. Maybe he should consider that GM job with another team.

One other side note, and that is D-Unit we all respect what Parcells brought to this team but he certainly did not meet Jerry's expectations, nor mine (not that it matters) and to me it seems like you are sniffing his jock, and giving him more props than what he deserves.
AMEN BROTHER. PREACH IT!! :D :D
Old 01-22-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

this from Frank Luksa

The four-year Parcells era is easily classified. He built a better team and left a bigger mess.

Hiring Parcells was hailed as a masterstroke, and it turned out not to be. Judged by reputation and expectation, the Parcells era was keenly disappointing. It expires on a morose note and fades away like his teams did in December. In the final reckoning, his presence here amounted to nothing special.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Hey on August 31, 2006 -- Lovie Smith was 1 game over 500 for his career.

Whoever argues Parcells did not improve this franchise is silly.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
this from Frank Luksa

The four-year Parcells era is easily classified. He built a better team and left a bigger mess.

Hiring Parcells was hailed as a masterstroke, and it turned out not to be. Judged by reputation and expectation, the Parcells era was keenly disappointing. It expires on a morose note and fades away like his teams did in December. In the final reckoning, his presence here amounted to nothing special.
All the Dallas Media hates Parcells. I would not expect much from those idiots in respect to Bill.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iameverywhere
Quote:
Hey on August 31, 2006 -- Lovie Smith was 1 game over 500 for his career.

Whoever argues Parcells did not improve this franchise is silly.
I don't think anybody is arguing that.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Funny to read the comments on this board about Bill being a failure or doing a bad job. What a joke.

With the coaching carousel in this league and Jerry Jones managing a revolving door of his very own (4 in 12 years?) how do you expect to win or build anything meaningful?

Took Cowher 15. Took Belichick some time including an abject failure in Cleveland.

Fans think winning (or even getting to) a SB is like waving a magic wand.

I wish Tom Landry would be here to dispel the supreme ignorance of these alleged Cowboy fans.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The basis of your whole argument is flawed.

1996 - 10-6 - Barry Switzer, 9 Pro Bowlers
1997 - 6-10 - Barry Switzer, the fall
1998 - 10-6 - Chan Gailey, the inheriter...Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin, and the stars still there.
1999 - 8-8 - Chan Gailey, STILL all the stars there... same Big OL, Deion, Kevin Smith, Woody, Coakley, Hennings, Ellis, etc....
2000 - 5-11 - Dave Campo, Aikman's last year
2001 - 5-11 - Dave Campo, The Joey Galloway Trade year
2002 - 5-11 - Dave Campo, Complete mess... Quincy Carter at the helm.

The Bill Parcells years...
2003 - 10-6
2004 - 6-10
2005 - 9-7
2006 - 9-7

Now you wanna compare Gailey to Parcells??? Do you know what Parcells would've done had he inherited a team of 9 Pro Bowlers???

Get real boys. Wake up and smell the damn coffee. To compare Parcells success with the players he had, versus Gailey's All Star studded team is completely rediculous!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I haven't been around awhile. Anything happen lately?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I can't believe anybody would think that we were more talented before Parcells, then after. We have the talent on this team now to continue to make the playoffs for years. One month ago everybody is talking about the great young talent we have on this team, and then now everybody is saying Parcells didn't do anythinging Campo couldn't.

Half this board have a moodswing whenever something big happens to the cowboys. This thread is becoming a joke.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
dre1614
Rookie

dre1614 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does anyone like Rex Ryan as HC?
dre1614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think Al Groh has been mentioned. Anybody think he will get a look?

not really saying I want him, but it seems like he is somebody Jerry would look at.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre1614
No.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

I think right now this coaching job is wide open, or it seems that way. I have heard about ten different names.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Let me know if you want your name to be added to my new sig! :D
Old 01-22-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

From Yahoo.com... LeBron James is a Huge Dallas Cowboys fan...

His reaction to Parcells' retiring:

"It's disappointing," he said. "I know what he brought to that franchise, and we probably won't be able to get anyone on his level."

8)
Old 01-22-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
dre1614
Rookie

dre1614 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre1614
No.
Why not?
dre1614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
From Yahoo.com... LeBron James is a Huge Dallas Cowboys fan...

His reaction to Parcells' retiring:

"It's disappointing," he said. "I know what he brought to that franchise, and we probably won't be able to get anyone on his level."

8)
HAHAHAHAHA quoting a basketball player hahahahahaha getting desperate.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

[quote="iameverywhere"]Funny to read the comments on this board about Bill being a failure or doing a bad job. What a joke.

With the coaching carousel in this league and Jerry Jones managing a revolving door of his very own (4 in 12 years?) how do you expect to win or build anything meaningful?

Took Cowher 15. Took Belichick some time including an abject failure in Cleveland.

Fans think winning (or even getting to) a SB is like waving a magic wand.

I wish Tom Landry would be here to dispel the supreme ignorance of these alleged Cowboy fans.[/q

PARCELLS QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jerry wanted him back.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Now Singletary thrown in the mix. My gosh....I actually wouldn't mind him though, but a close up of his face in your avatar is a bit too much. He looks mildly cross-eyed or something.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iameverywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
this from Frank Luksa

All the Dallas Media hates Parcells. I would not expect much from those idiots in respect to Bill.

again with the media spin because it doesnt jive with what you think. let them say one thing in YOUR favor or thinking and youll be quoting them all over the place.