Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-18-2014, 08:10 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Yep. Spencer next?!?

Might be a decent/above average DL after the draft. Bass,Crawford, Brent, Melton
Would love to get Allen still for the right price.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:17 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen is out.

Forgot about Selvie.
Melton, Spencer(?), Crawford, Bass, brent(?), hayden(or is he a FA?), then Donald, early, or Jernigan.

Might be waves of waves of fresh linemen
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know some folks are kind of bummed because Aaron Donald looks less likely to be our pick now, but I can't help but feel happy right now. It's been a sexy offseason afterall! ...well, at least a nice start to it.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Allen is out.

Forgot about Selvie.
Melton, Spencer(?), Crawford, Bass, brent(?), hayden(or is he a FA?), then Donald, early, or Jernigan.

LDE George Selvie
LDE Tyrone Crawford?

LDT Nick Hayden
LDT Terrell McClain

RDT Henry Melton
RDT ? / Tyrone Crawford?

RDE ?
RDE Jeremy Mincey

That's the way I'm picturing it right now? Yea/nea??? I don't know what the plan is for Crawford. I don't know if Bass still fits or what. Not really counting on Brent, but I imagine he'd be somewhere in the mix at the 1 tech.

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-18-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We got him, and the deal sounds real good, if it is one year with options.
You gotta thank Marinelli for reeling in that one, and now the first round gets interesting, I mean they can still draft Donald or now go 1 tech, but the options have opened up. At least if we miss him it softens the blow a bit.

Last edited by Jas : 03-18-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melton is officially inked to a 1 yr deal with three years of team options. Probably the best situation we could have hoped for. We can dump him at any time whether he doesn't perform or that year is tight on the cap.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:34 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now I'm back to wanting Jernigan lol, just see that pairing inside as something special.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:37 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to see that Melton is signed. With Marinelli I'm betting that he returns to form. Good on them for making it an easy contract to deal with. I think it still leaves room on the table for draft options at DT. Since it's a one year deal you don't have to commit to Melton big time unless he's back to form, so there's room for a high draft pick at DT since the DL still needs major work.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:40 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Allen is out.

Forgot about Selvie.

Not sure why you state that as a fact.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowbo...ce=twitterfeed
Quote:
The job is not over. The Cowboys concluded a visit with Jared Allen on Tuesday and the veteran could be the next one added to the Marinelli mix.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I think it's gotta be DE now. Even though I may want a trade down and FS in Round 1, I bet the Cowboys are going to be horny for a DE.

DO NOT COUNT OUT A TRADE UP FOR JADAVEON CLOWNEY!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not off the Donald punch and pie wagon completely, but I'm getting behind Melton as our 3 tech. Changed my profile pic and all..lol

The newest Cowboy, welcome home Henry Melton.

Last edited by Jas : 03-18-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:48 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think it's gotta be DE now. Even though I may want a trade down and FS in Round 1, I bet the Cowboys are going to be horny for a DE.

DO NOT COUNT OUT A TRADE UP FOR JADAVEON CLOWNEY!
I can't envision us moving up that high to get him. That'd cost multiple 1st's and more.

Not that I wouldn't be stoked with the player, he's gonna be a monster, but I don't think that's the right course of action for us.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Now I'm back to wanting Jernigan lol, just see that pairing inside as something special.
I doubt it happens but it would be nice. Think Rod is set with Hayden and McClain sharing the duties at NT.

So far I think the depth chart might stack u something like this:

LE: Jeremy Mincey / Brandon Bass
3T: Henry Melton / Tyronne Crawford
1T: Nick Hayden / Terrell McClain
RE: George Selvie/ ????

Everyone forgets that Selvie first flashed getting reps behind D-Ware in camp before getting move to LE because of the injury debacle. While he isn't the ideal elite pass rusher he is very effective and could potentially put up better stats then last year.

LE and 1tech are both going to be platooned positions where it is better to have fresh bodies coming at the offense then one solid starter. I wouldn't be surprised if we give Spencer a short term contract to come in and get healthy; adding another pass rusher to that side.

Melton's health is going to be keep at 3tech, we aren't sure what we can expect out of Crawford. Expect another body to be added in the draft and the possibility that Bass could kick inside on pass situations. If we can add an elite DT in the draft like Donald I think the team still pulls the trigger.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:51 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melton fills a gaping hole, gives a bit more flexibility on draft day. I still wish we'd address free safety once and for all.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I can't envision us moving up that high to get him. That'd cost multiple 1st's and more.

Not that I wouldn't be stoked with the player, he's gonna be a monster, but I don't think that's the right course of action for us.
If all we got to draft was Clowney, a FS and an OT/OG to develop, then I would be thrilled.

Maybe our 1st, 2nd and future 2nd might be enough. We only gave up a 1st and 2nd to move up for Claiborne. If Clowney falls to CLE at 5, that's where I think we might have a shot at him.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D - if I'm trading up I would vastly prefer Khalil Mack since it won't require a top 3 pick. Doesn't hurt that I see a TON of DeMarcus Ware in him either ;)

Still opposed to it though. I'd much rather trade DOWN in this draft and gain more picks. The top 100 picks or so are loaded with talented lineman.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
D - if I'm trading up I would vastly prefer Khalil Mack since it won't require a top 3 pick. Doesn't hurt that I see a TON of DeMarcus Ware in him either ;)

Still opposed to it though. I'd much rather trade DOWN in this draft and gain more picks. The top 100 picks or so are loaded with talented lineman.
Can Mack play DE? I'm not interested in trading up for a LB. Not in this scheme.

The only other guy I would trade up for (and one who would cost less) is Anthony Barr. I've loved Barr the last 2 seasons, but never really thought we'd have a chance at him. Same as Clowney (not really ever thinking we had a chance). But yeah, when I watch Barr play his body type/style honestly does remind me of Ware. Height, long arms, smoothness to his game. Big time playmaker.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more my mouth is starting to drool at the fascination.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:03 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Crawford gets moved from DE. It seemed like that's where they wanted him before the injury, so I'm thinking that he competes for the starting LE spot while they move Selvie to the right side.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I fricken love this.

Seated L to R: Trog, D, Pocket
Old 03-18-2014, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Can Mack play DE? I'm not interested in trading up for a LB. Not in this scheme.

The only other guy I would trade up for (and one who would cost less) is Anthony Barr. I've loved Barr the last 2 seasons, but never really thought we'd have a chance at him. Same as Clowney (not really ever thinking we had a chance). But yeah, when I watch Barr play his body type/style honestly does remind me of Ware. Height, long arms, smoothness to his game. Big time playmaker.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more my mouth is starting to drool at the fascination.
Certainly as a WDE in wide-9. He could also be used like Von Miller. Barr is in the same category for me :) Could just have easily said him instead of Mack.

I think this is a fools errand though.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still say go Donald if he's there. The giants rode the 'never enough DL's' philosophy all the way to the SB. The more DL, the better.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:19 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

If all it was giving up next years 1 and this years 2nd I'd think about that because Clowney is a freak, but the Rams made Washington give up an additional 2 first rounders just to move up from 6. I just don't see any way we could make that deal happen without seriously mortgaging multiple future drafts.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Certainly as a WDE in wide-9. He could also be used like Von Miller. Barr is in the same category for me :) Could just have easily said him instead of Mack.

I think this is a fools errand though.
Probably is for Clowney and Mack, but Barr is not a lock for the Top 10... have even seen him beyond Top 15, so he could be in firing range. :)
Old 03-18-2014, 11:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I still say go Donald if he's there. The giants rode the 'never enough DL's' philosophy all the way to the SB. The more DL, the better.
True, but they also had a secondary that was sick. Webster in his prime and 3 other 1st rounders... if I'm not mistaken... Kenny Phillips, Antrel Rolle and someone else that I'm forgetting.

thule brought up a point recently about the Seahawks depth and ability to rotate in fresh bodies that helped them win their SB.

I love Donald, but I wonder if it's the wrong investment now that we have Melton.