Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-30-2014, 09:58 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm on the Johnny bandwagon. If he's there at 16 it would make way too much sense to take him, therefore we probably won't. We might trade out of the first round for a couple of third round picks.
32nd ranked D, lets take a QB that wont play for 3-4 years. Makes way too much sense. Lol.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You think we're fielding a competitive team this season?(by competitive I mean SB, not 8-9 wins)

Makes sense to build on the youth the Boys have been able to turnover and seriously compete in 2-3 years.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:51 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
You think we're fielding a competitive team this season?(by competitive I mean SB, not 8-9 wins)

Makes sense to build on the youth the Boys have been able to turnover and seriously compete in 2-3 years.
If thats the case why give your 32yo QB a $100M contract? We cant compete with a young dominate D in 2-3 years? Party boy Johnny's not the guy I would want to give a massive contract to either.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 03-30-2014, 12:03 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 1m
Seems like the NFL's view of Johnny Manziel is slowly but surely being uncloaked, and it isn't overwhelmingly favorable.
Bust. Mark it down.

Old 03-30-2014, 12:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnny is the real deal Holyfield. One of those guys that makes those around him better and will's his team to victory despite other flaws on his team.

He will make NFL defenses look silly at times. Just like he made Alabama's (closest thing to an NFL defense in college football) look silly.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:34 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
If thats the case why give your 32yo QB a $100M contract? We cant compete with a young dominate D in 2-3 years? Party boy Johnny's not the guy I would want to give a massive contract to either.
Because he's duped you and Jerry into thinking he can put a team on his back.

*shrugs* that's the past. I'm more concerned with the future

He'd cost peanuts... Not a massive contract at all.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:34 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bust. Mark it down.
Remember when Dez supposedly had the worst background of any player to ever come out? Yeah. I'm not buying it. I think it's just someone trying to stir up something to talk about before the draft.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:17 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Johnny is the real deal Holyfield. One of those guys that makes those around him better and will's his team to victory despite other flaws on his team.

He will make NFL defenses look silly at times. Just like he made Alabama's (closest thing to an NFL defense in college football) look silly.
You must think highly of Trevor Knight cuz he did nothing all year but lit up that "NFL D of college football" like he was playing 7 on 7.

Just show him the money and watch what happens.

If he makes it to 16, its because the NFL is over the hype.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:21 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Because he's duped you and Jerry into thinking he can put a team on his back.

*shrugs* that's the past. I'm more concerned with the future

He'd cost peanuts... Not a massive contract at all.
He didnt dupe me into anything. Last time I checked my money is in my pocket. Jerruh gets duped into a lot of things and those things hurt the present and the future. Selecting Johnny boy would be another set back.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You must think highly of Trevor Knight cuz he did nothing all year but lit up that "NFL D of college football" like he was playing 7 on 7.

Just show him the money and watch what happens.

If he makes it to 16, its because the NFL is over the hype.
Hahahaha... Another classic Pocket misunderstanding reflection post. I love it anytime you start posts with "You must think...." or "If you think that then..." or "If I read that correctly then..." or "That's the same thing as saying..." because every time you never fail me. It always ends up being the worst analogy ever created by mankind.

Please tell me how Knight is anything close to Manziel. I'd love to see this. *waiting*
Old 03-30-2014, 01:49 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hahahaha... Another classic Pocket misunderstanding reflection post. I love it anytime you start posts with "You must think...." or "If you think that then..." or "If I read that correctly then..." or "That's the same thing as saying..." because every time you never fail me. It always ends up being the worst analogy ever created by mankind.

Please tell me how Knight is anything close to Manziel. I'd love to see this. *waiting*
Hahhaha Lets see. Ill type sloooooow so maybe you can catch on. Johnny lit up Alabama who posses an "NFL type D" Trevor who was a HUGE disappointment for OU, lit up that same "NFL type D" in their bowl game, which connecting the dots means that ONCE AGAIN you made a statement thats not true because CLEARLY you havent done your research. That D isnt anywhere close to being a "NFL type of D" and ONCE AGAIN your buying into the HYPE. Talk about the BSPN hype machine.

I love how when you dont like a prospect or player you say so. Then when he winds up a Cowboy you change your mind "after research" LOL. Im sure when Johnny busts it'll be the same. "I LOVE Johnny football" after bust "I didnt really like him after doing more research" too funny.

Last edited by pocketaces : 03-30-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:54 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

What if he doesn't bust? and he's in a Cowboys Uniform when he doesn't?

Old 03-30-2014, 04:36 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What if he doesn't bust? and he's in a Cowboys Uniform when he doesn't?

Then I'll eat my words. AND I wont even say I changed my mind after "research"

Old 03-30-2014, 06:50 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
Then I'll eat my words. AND I wont even say I changed my mind after "research"
Means nothing....you've been wrong before, you'll be wrong again. None of us know "for sure".

I just want a QB to groom behind the one with two back surgeries in a year, and that's been known to choke in key moments, that we all agree can't put a average team on his back to win a SB.

Is that too much to ask?
Old 03-30-2014, 06:57 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Means nothing....you've been wrong before, you'll be wrong again. None of us know "for sure".

I just want a QB to groom behind the one with two back surgeries in a year, and that's been known to choke in key moments, that we all agree can't put a average team on his back to win a SB.

Is that too much to ask?
You are correct. That's just my opinion. And for me, I want that QB to come in the 4th round or later. I certainly don't want to burn a 1st rounder on one. Especially not the circus that is Johnny football.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:33 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a huge on Manziel. I think he's a special. He's the only player I wouldn't mind us taking that has zero chance at immediate impact this year.

This morning on NFL AM TD said he feels the perfect fit for CJ1K is the Cowboys. Thoughts?
Old 03-31-2014, 10:10 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
I'm a huge on Manziel. I think he's a special. He's the only player I wouldn't mind us taking that has zero chance at immediate impact this year.
In saying he's special, you mean that in the Special Olympics context of the word, right?
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:14 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
In saying he's special, you mean that in the Special Olympics context of the word, right?
Lol. Like Tebow was "special"

Old 03-31-2014, 10:20 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pretty much exactly.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:21 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post

Hahaha...nah. I'm not a college football fan at all. I've never seen him play live and I didn't keep up with the hype while he was playing. Just judging by the available tape online, I like him a lot.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:23 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Quote:
No. Tebow got the God bump. Tebow was ******. Very bad. Him and Manziel play nothing alike. Judging by how Tebow threw the ball, I still believe that he is supposed to be right-handed. He is probably the worst thrower I've ever seen.

I can see how some ppl don't like Manziel. I like him b/c my #1 attribute I look for in QB's is how they can avoid a free rusher. In that department he's special. I can live with his negatives b/c he doesn't shut down when he sees defenders in his face. No QB can be successful if they shut down every time they don't get perfect 7-on-7 protection Blaine Gabbert style

Last edited by SugarSean : 03-31-2014 at 10:40 AM.
SugarSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
No. Tebow got the God bump. Tebow was ******. Very bad. Him and Manziel play nothing alike. Judging by how Tebow threw the ball, I still believe that he is supposed to be right-handed. He is probably the worst thrower I've ever seen.

I can see how some ppl don't like Manziel. I like him b/c my #1 attribute I look for in QB's is how they can avoid a free rusher. In that department he's special. I can live with his negatives b/c he doesn't shut down when he sees defenders in his face. No QB can be successful if they shut down every time they don't get perfect 7-on-7 protection Blaine Gabbert style
Nailed it.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:47 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nailed it.
The thing about Manziel on the Cowboys that Pocket is right about is the "circus" atmosphere that will bring. There is NO WAY he comes on the team and doesn't play in 2014 without that being the biggest story any given week. Romo is Romo, the minute he has a key INT/fumble, idiot moment, no matter how good the stats are, half the fan base and the media will be clamoring for Manziel to start.

More importantly, Manziel doesn't seem to be the sit and wait type, he's not playing the Rodgers role to Favre, especially if he slides to 16. So that leads to dissension, etc..
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
The thing about Manziel on the Cowboys that Pocket is right about is the "circus" atmosphere that will bring. There is NO WAY he comes on the team and doesn't play in 2014 without that being the biggest story any given week. Romo is Romo, the minute he has a key INT/fumble, idiot moment, no matter how good the stats are, half the fan base and the media will be clamoring for Manziel to start.

More importantly, Manziel doesn't seem to be the sit and wait type, he's not playing the Rodgers role to Favre, especially if he slides to 16. So that leads to dissension, etc..
Nailed it.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:51 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Not comparing the abilities of the players but the side show and bust potential. Bad Bad fit in Dallas IMO.