Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-02-2014, 07:13 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do find it weird how they haven't struck in rounds 4-7, but they always find good rookie free agents. The last two drafts may be the beginning of ending that. From the 4th round on you've got Wilber, Hanna, and Holloman that could be key this season. It's just all a matter of them getting snaps and coached up. I'm really high on Wilber and Holloman. Hanna though just might need an offense that's going to use the damn 12 scheme.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:42 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Clay is the guy.... He's basically got a GM role...without the title.

Google him. He's got a plan in place. Let's just hope it works.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/...king-for-speed

&

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/...as-draft-board

I'm familiar with Clay. It's the other guy I'd never heard of before.

Interesting read by old ass Gil Brandt. Pretty much what we said in here already but nice to see it posted on a popular media outlet

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...djusting-focus
Old 04-02-2014, 08:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Clay is the guy.... He's basically got a GM role...without the title.

Google him. He's got a plan in place. Let's just hope it works.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/...king-for-speed

&

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/...as-draft-board
Thanks for sharing!

Loved this. Reconfirms perfectly what is done.

Quote:
Q: Now that you’re the lead dog on the sled in building the board and things like that, talk about how you’re going to work with Jerry Jones.

McClay: The thing that’s kind of a mis-perception out there is that Jerry does these things on his own and he doesn’t listen to his people and all those things. What Jerry does is take in that information. My job is to try to get the guys to have somewhat of a unified voice, that we’re looking at things the right way and have a process that’s consistent, so that the information that comes to him is consistent.

He listens to us, he listens to the scouts, he’s going to take the input of the coaches and the scouts. And what we try to do is … you know, there’s a deal in scouting where … well in football and in NFL organizations, there’s a general deal that sometimes the coaches and the scouts don’t see eye to eye. We’re trying to bridge that gap. We want to find out what the coaches want. We also want the coaches to respect the work the scouts put in and the information that we have. We take all that information, put it in a pot, mix it up and be able to give Jerry the right information as best we know how and help him make the right decisions.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
I'm familiar with Clay. It's the other guy I'd never heard of before.

Interesting read by old ass Gil Brandt. Pretty much what we said in here already but nice to see it posted on a popular media outlet

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...djusting-focus
Ciskowski took over as Scouting Director when Ireland left. Parcells took Ireland, promoted him to GM and Ciskowski started his reign here. With the "spineless" and "couldn't care less about it" attitude that Wade Phillips had towards the draft, Ciskowski was practially the only voice in Jerry's head. There was no talent guru or HC with any sort of philosophy to counter anything Ciskowski was doing when he put together those boards.

Hindsight... the dude sucks. I think last year opened up Jerry's eyes a little to what Will Clay started to provide and now he's getting a bump in status. Hopefully he continues to show good things and eventually eliminate the need for Ciskowski. Jerry is a loyalist though, so it may get sketchy.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:02 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Thanks for sharing!

Loved this. Reconfirms perfectly what is done.
Not sure why that makes you feel better. The results are what they are. Jerry listens to too many people including people not in the organization, ie Switzer and Lacewell. You blame Jerry for the people he surrounds himself with but act like the bad drafts arent his fault. Makes no sense.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:59 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus pocket. He's already said you can blame Jerry for hiring the wrong people.

That's his major point. Jerry's drafting goes as well as the people around him.

You fault Jerry alone. D faults the coaches Jerry hires.

It's all Jerry...we know this. One scenario leads to hope, the other leads to being....you. How can you be a fan of this team and know Jerry isn't going anywhere and isn't changing. That's the point. D is simply saying if JG or whoever the next coach is plays a big factor than it can be turned around.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All hail Pocket! King of the Recycled Arguments!

On a serious note: Dezmen Southward was mentioned numerous times in connection with Dallas. I can dig it. Anything that says we realize we have issues at FS and want to address them :)

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Jesus pocket. He's already said you can blame Jerry for hiring the wrong people.

It's all Jerry...we know this. One scenario leads to hope, the other leads to being....you. How can you be a fan of this team and know Jerry isn't going anywhere and isn't changing. That's the point. D is simply saying if JG or whoever the next coach is plays a big factor than it can be turned around.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:29 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Jerry gets blamed and its "dont blame Jerry, he has nothing to do with anything EXCEPT hiring and firing" My point is, if Tom C sucks as our Scouting director why isnt Jerry smart enough to fire him? If all of your success comes from coaches like Jimmy and Parcells, why hire all these yes men and puppets? I've been a fan WAY before Jerry and I guess I'm loyal to a fault. I agree it can be turned around IF Jerry hires the right guy. I no longer believe JG is that guy.

D wants to continually point out that Jerry listens to other people. I simply asked why thats a good thing when the results say otherwise?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 04-02-2014, 10:35 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
All hail Pocket! King of the Recycled Arguments!

On a serious note: Dezmen Southward was mentioned numerous times in connection with Dallas. I can dig it. Anything that says we realize we have issues at FS and want to address them :)
So ANYTHING negative about our drafting, coaching hires, GM, or bringing up things we need to improve on is "recycled arguments" but Romo bashing and the continual "Jerry only listens to the people" argument is A'OK and not to be questioned, right? Gotcha. ;)

Old 04-02-2014, 10:47 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Recycled arguments are the foundation of this Dallas Cowboys sub forum.

Every time I visit it's about Romo or Jerry. Never fails.

Times like these make me wish Bob or the louis vuitton guy weren't banned.

On another note, I'm going to miss Ware :(
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:51 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
Recycled arguments are the foundation of this Dallas Cowboys sub forum.

Every time I visit it's about Romo or Jerry. Never fails.

Times like these make me wish Bob or the louis vuitton guy weren't banned.

On another note, I'm going to miss Ware :(
Im going to miss Ware as well. Lets change the subject. What would you like to discuss? Whats your dream draft for us?

Old 04-02-2014, 11:35 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

All right fella's, Im going to disappear for a while. I've tried to bring up different subjects and posts ect ect but its clear you guys dont like when I question the Romo bashing and the its not Jerrys fault argument. I made a post about how we need to do better in the later rounds and it gets turned into a Jerry post which wasnt the intent. Somebody else makes a post on Clay and it turns into a "jerry listens to people" post. When I ask why thats a good thing, I get hammered. Hopfully with me gone you guys can talk about all the positive things with none of the negatives and this forum will spring to life.

D, while I disagree with some of your thoughts, your still the man and do a great job of keeping the forum fun and worth coming to. Keep up the good work. ;) Enjoyed our "battles" never took it personal and hope you didnt either.

Peace out fellas. Go Boys! Fan for life- Aces

Old 04-02-2014, 11:45 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Im going to miss Ware as well. Lets change the subject. What would you like to discuss? Whats your dream draft for us?
I want Donald with our first pick. If we are able to land him and resign Spencer then our defensive line goes from below average to pretty darn good, that is if Spencer returns to form.

If Donald is gone, I want Ha Ha. I'm tired of fielding scrubs in our secondary. I have no hope for Matt Johnson and Wilcox is still a project. Every year we need a safety, and every year we pass on one for a late round project. That hasn't fared well for us.

I don't want an o lineman in the first round. Romo can make due with what we have.

I haven't been able to follow the draft this year as much as I'd like so outside of the first round I do not have any particular players in mind. I'd like to add depth strictly to our d line and o line in the later rounds with a flyer on a scat back. I think our backup running backs are jags and Murray's durability isn't a strong suit.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:47 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So....these dudes are complaining b/c the majority of the Cowboys forum focuses on the Cowboys QB (most important player) and owner/GM (most important in front office)? That doesn't seem like anything to get your panties in a bunch over. I don't think you're going to get much response asking if we think Jamar Newsome will be promoted from the practice squad. Nobody cares about that ****. People keep talking about the same stuff b/c it elicits response and it's the primary talking points for our team. If nobody is answering your questions, don't cry. Pick better questions.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:45 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's not make this board super cereal. People should be able to talk about whatever they want as it pertains to the Cowboys as long as they aren't trolling in an annoying way and/or breaking forum rules. We're just a bunch of Cowboy fans talking about the team here. It's all good as long as we're cool with each other.

Truthfully this type of team is going to be one with a ton of discussion. Not only are we fans of the most popular team in the league, but they have been frustratingly mediocre lately. If they sucked bad enough to have a top 5 pick we could only ***** so much before we gave up hope. If they were an elite team then we would high five each other and hope for the best before waiting on pins and needles to see what's next.

But this team is good enough to not suck, but also bad enough to piss everyone off when they don't succeed consistently. That is a helluva cardiac roller coaster. There's stuff to be excited about because there are legitimately good players like Romo(shut up), Dez, Murray, Witten, Sean Lee, etc. There's also a ton of bad stuff to ***** about like Garrett's play calling, Romo making mistakes, terrible D-linemen, Sean Lee getting hurt again, etc. I'm almost 30, but I feel like the past three years has aged me to 70 based on these exciting comeback wins and heartbreaks. Damn you Jason Garrett!

It's all good here. As long as we don't antagonize each other we're good. Debates are one thing, and I think that's what has been going on.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:46 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
All right fella's, Im going to disappear for a while. I've tried to bring up different subjects and posts ect ect but its clear you guys dont like when I question the Romo bashing and the its not Jerrys fault argument. I made a post about how we need to do better in the later rounds and it gets turned into a Jerry post which wasnt the intent. Somebody else makes a post on Clay and it turns into a "jerry listens to people" post. When I ask why thats a good thing, I get hammered. Hopfully with me gone you guys can talk about all the positive things with none of the negatives and this forum will spring to life.

D, while I disagree with some of your thoughts, your still the man and do a great job of keeping the forum fun and worth coming to. Keep up the good work. ;) Enjoyed our "battles" never took it personal and hope you didnt either.

Peace out fellas. Go Boys! Fan for life- Aces
Love ya. The only thing that bugs me is that you don't think this team can win if Jerry is in charge. As much as Romo bugs me, I do think we can win with him if we surround him with a good team. Doesn't have to be a great team, but I think a good team can take us far. Might sound like an impossible task to some, but I don't think it's unreasonable. If you feel like you need a break, I know what you mean because I feel that way sometimes too. Unfortunately I have an addiction to this place, so I can't help myself. Just know that everyone here does respect your opinion and nobody intends true harm. Sometimes we take sarcasm far, but it happens ... especially in a smaller family oriented place like this. When I see Cowboys forums out there, I get turned off too fast by the volume and craziness... but here I know I can be happy in my little bubble... chat with the fellas and raise the blood pressure from time to time to get the juices flowing. In the end, I can't imagine being as happy without you guys around here, so I hope you get a chance to reflect and decide to not need that break. :)
Old 04-03-2014, 05:11 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come back pocket...

Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No thanks. Coach Carter up and start using him right. Shazier is a good blitzer. So is Carter. Monte never dialed him up enough, but when he did Carter was good generating pressure.

Who says they want the best 4-3 LB group in the league these days? I think you have the idea that if you have a dominant unit, be it ANY unit, that that will finally satisfy you.

If you want one, listen to what I keep telling you. Build a dominant secondary. Just look at Seattle. Talented secondary, but a lesser talented yet deeper lunch pail group in the front 7.
On the Carter topic, something has been bothering me about watching his play slip last year, and I have a feeling that he's a more natural fit in the Middle in a 4-3. I was shocked and found it strange that in that final game he wasn't moved into the middle over Holloman. Not that Holloman was bad that night, but they seem to have lost a lot of confidence in Carter.

I know Lee is a pro bowl caliber player there as well(his ability for Int's is amazing) But there's some talk about drafting a LB or shuffling them to protect Lee's health. Idk if it's the best idea, because Lee is so good in the middle, but Carter, if you look at his history both with us and in college, he's played more effectively when in the middle moving laterally, and seems more of a side line to side line guy.

Just looking at some film seems to confirm that--he's able to play both spots well but in my view he has a better feel for the middle.

Any Thoughts..?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvT1-jk0fNQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1uEzvNwxCk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eNhQ3S2Mvw
Old 04-03-2014, 03:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
On the Carter topic, something has been bothering me about watching his play slip last year, and I have a feeling that he's a more natural fit in the Middle in a 4-3. I was shocked and found it strange that in that final game he wasn't moved into the middle over Holloman. Not that Holloman was bad that night, but they seem to have lost a lot of confidence in Carter.

I know Lee is a pro bowl caliber player there as well(his ability for Int's is amazing) But there's some talk about drafting a LB or shuffling them to protect Lee's health. Idk if it's the best idea, because Lee is so good in the middle, but Carter, if you look at his history both with us and in college, he's played more effectively when in the middle moving laterally, and seems more of a side line to side line guy.

Just looking at some film seems to confirm that--he's able to play both spots well but in my view he has a better feel for the middle.

Any Thoughts..?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvT1-jk0fNQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1uEzvNwxCk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eNhQ3S2Mvw
Yeah, I can't say that I know with confidence where his best position is. What's surprising is that as a converted Safety, how much he now struggles in coverage. I have a hard time considering Lee moving out from MLB. He's the brains of the defense and that's where he needs to stay. He's proven to be one of the better LBs in the league that can drop back in the soft zone and provide decent coverage and as a T2 LB that is critical. I wouldn't touch that spot.

I'd hate for him to be the next Kevin Burnett and go to another team to find himself flourish. I'm sure there will be some tinkering in camp to help him find his best spot. Loved when I read that in that McClay interview. I've been calling him Clay... it's actually McClay. lol

Quote:
McClay: I think there’s one thing that Coach Jason Garrett has talked about as we put together the team for next year: make sure we have guys in the right positions within the scheme to maximize their potential. What we have to do on the draft is bring in as much talent as possible - and in free agency, if we’re able to do anything. We want to have the team full of vets from top to bottom because the NFL now is about who has the last man standing and all that. Who has the most depth that can continue with the momentum that they started early in the season with.

So we’re just going to continue to try and find good football players. And put those players in the right position to be successful offensively and defensively.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I can't say that I know with confidence where his best position is. What's surprising is that as a converted Safety, how much he now struggles in coverage. I have a hard time considering Lee moving out from MLB. He's the brains of the defense and that's where he needs to stay. He's proven to be one of the better LBs in the league that can drop back in the soft zone and provide decent coverage and as a T2 LB that is critical. I wouldn't touch that spot.

I'd hate for him to be the next Kevin Burnett and go to another team to find himself flourish. I'm sure there will be some tinkering in camp to help him find his best spot. Loved when I read that in that McClay interview. I've been calling him Clay... it's actually McClay. lol
I never really understood the hate on Carter last year, ya did he have some blown coverages but he wasn't getting ripped on the game by game basis. Everyone forgets that he redshirted most of his rookie season and then was thrown into a complete scheme change that certainly threw him off. The problem is we all annointed him the next Derrick Brooks before he even played a snap in the scheme. Our expectations were too high all things considered but that doesn't mean we should make a change.

Let the guy grow into the position, he has the athleticism to be a plus coverage guy but has to have time to develop better instincts. Also it didn't help that our pass rush was non existent for the latter half of the season, leaving the entire defense on ice skates.

The only way I see a real shuffle is if CJ Mosley is high on our boards and available at #16. That might force Lee out to WLB, Carter to SLB and CJ in the middle of the field. Otherwise, things should be similar to last year, with the possibility of Holloman taking over at SLB for Durant.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:

Yeah, its a conundrum because you have Lee who is all world in the middle when he's healthy, but it's difficult, because I think Carter is playing out of position. He seems to excel in the middle, like it's his natural fit.
He is more instinctual and quicker to react and fly to the ball when in the middle, but what can you do? You have Lee.

Maybe they'll look at it a bit going forward, who knows, someone may see the same thing.
Lee will be fine outside but I believe if you want to maximize carters potential it may be in the middle.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Yeah, its a conundrum because you have Lee who is all world in the middle when he's healthy, but it's difficult, because I think Carter is playing out of position. He seems to excel in the middle, like it's his natural fit.
He is more instinctual and quicker to react and fly to the ball when in the middle, but what can you do? You have Lee.

Maybe they'll look at it a bit going forward, who knows, someone may see the same thing.
Lee will be fine outside but I believe if you want to maximize carters potential it may be in the middle.
A shame cause he turned into such a good 3-4 ILB. Don't think he has good trade value either, so I hope he can do something during the offseason to help himself be a better player next season.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Claibornes tired of hearing about his lack of production..yeah you tell em Mo!!

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...oduction.html/

A Q & A with archer.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...espnapi_public

Last edited by Jas : 04-04-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:45 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who wanted Ayers? I'm not sure of our money situation but I thought he made a lot of sense for where we are at. FA came and gone and we have gaping holes at both DE spots which is tough to fill all in the draft.

Kevin Williams is still out there and I don't know why we don't look at him as a rotational guy. Just somebody to come in on goal line situations and take up a couple blockers, because I expect us to draft a starting NT as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote