Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-05-2014, 05:58 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, but we'll get someone in the draft, I know it's difficult because it's a crap shoot and it's hard to depend on, but there's a lot of good prospects, I just wonder who they really like.

We're a month away from finding out.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...a-9bb2df09498f

Last edited by Jas : 04-05-2014 at 08:18 AM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
Recycled arguments are the foundation of this Dallas Cowboys sub forum.

Every time I visit it's about Romo or Jerry. Never fails.

Times like these make me wish Bob or the louis vuitton guy weren't banned.

On another note, I'm going to miss Ware :(
Haha so true. Even if you just guess and pick a random page number of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:33 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend
Am I the only one who wanted Ayers? I'm not sure of our money situation but I thought he made a lot of sense for where we are at. FA came and gone and we have gaping holes at both DE spots which is tough to fill all in the draft.

Kevin Williams is still out there and I don't know why we don't look at him as a rotational guy. Just somebody to come in on goal line situations and take up a couple blockers, because I expect us to draft a starting NT as well.
Hasn't Williams had motivation issues?

I vaguely remember that about him with Minnesota.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was interested in finding our more about McClain and stumbled across this nice read from Gosselin.

Quote:
DENTON — Kevin Patrick knows Rod Marinelli. He also knows Terrell McClain.

“He fits what Marinelli does,” said Patrick, the new defensive line coach at North Texas. “I’d be shocked if the Cowboys aren’t happy with McClain.”

When the salary cap was gutting the defensive line of the Cowboys last month with the departures of DeMarcus Ware and Jason Hatcher, McClain was an under-the-radar signing to replenish the roster.

There was no reason to throw a parade. The Cowboys are McClain’s fourth team as he enters his fourth NFL season. He hasn’t started a game since his rookie year in 2011, when he was a third-round pick of the Carolina Panthers and has only one career sack.

McClain also came cheaply, signing on for three years at a very cap-friendly $3 million. But don’t assume inexpensive translates into a lack of talent, says Patrick.

A little background now on Patrick. He was in Jimmy Johnson’s final recruiting class at the University of Miami and was the Big East defensive player of the year in 1993 as an end for the Hurricanes.

Patrick went into coaching in 1996, hiring on with the University of South Florida to handle the defensive line. He spent the next 18 football seasons coaching there in Tampa.

Patrick spent countless summer days visiting the Bucs training camp in the 1990s watching Marinelli mold his Tampa Bay defensive line into a dominating unit, a championship unit — the best front four in the NFL. So Patrick knows the type of player Marinelli likes.

Patrick also spent three seasons coaching McClain at South Florida, developing him into a premium NFL draft pick. Patrick coached George Selvie of the Cowboys and Jason Pierre-Paul of the New York Giants as well.

“Look at Marinelli’s track record and the body types he’s coached,” Patrick said. “I can see why Marinelli likes Terrell and had a say in his signing. Terrell fits athletically. He’s a big dude now.”

But McClain has underachieved for his draft standing. He was the 65th overall pick of his draft. Selvie has overachieved. He was a seventh-round selection by the Rams in 2010 who has managed to hang on for four NFL seasons.

The Cowboys are Selvie’s fourth team but the first for which he has started a game. In fact, he started all 16 games last season and finished with a team runner-up seven sacks. He was a late bloomer under Marinelli, and Patrick believes McClain can be a late bloomer as well.

“Go through the history of the league and see how these players evolve,” Patrick said. “All of a sudden — boom — everything comes together. The natural size of some guys allows them to adapt to the NFL a little quicker. But some guys it takes a little longer.

“George has already put his best foot forward for the Cowboys, and I’d be surprised if McClain doesn’t as well. They’ve got two damn good players. I’m excited to have them both close by me again.”

Both players achieved under Patrick. Selvie was a four-year starter, the school’s all-time leading sacker and the Big East’s defensive player of the year in 2007. McClain was a three-year starter who earned All-Big East acclaim in 2010. He turned down Alabama and Auburn to play at South Florida.

“We used to call him Dancing Bear,” Patrick said. “He’s a pretty phenomenal athlete for a guy his size (6-2, 293). He’s going to give you effort, no doubt about that. But the first thing that stands out is his unbelievable power and athletic ability.”

Selvie is just the opposite.

“When you define George, you’re not going to define him by his measurables as much as you would his effort,” Patrick said. “Some people may have considered him a step slow or a little tight in the hips coming out. But he makes plays.

“His effort is phenomenal and he’s such a smart player. Every day of the week I’d find a way to get that joker on my team because I know him so well. They got two good ones in McClain and Selvie. If they don’t start, they’ll be at least glue guys.”

The Cowboys, at this point, need more than glue. They need starters — quality starters. Patrick may have given the Cowboys two of them.
Underrated signing of the offseason, but I'm secretly excited about how he can help bolster our depth and rotation at the 1 tech with Hayden. Looks like such a powerhouse.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:41 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Was interested in finding our more about McClain and stumbled across this nice read from Gosselin.

Underrated signing of the offseason, but I'm secretly excited about how he can help bolster our depth and rotation at the 1 tech with Hayden. Looks like such a powerhouse.

I have a good feeling about him, I found a lot of nice stuff on him when we picked him up, if you review my posts from that time.
Just needs a fire lit under him, and I think Marinelli will do that, he should supplant Hayden. And is another reason why I'd be hesitant to go 1 tech in the 1st.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:54 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn it really died down in here since we can't talk abt Romo or Jerry. Didn't see that coming....

What's everyone's thoughts on Escobar? I'm sure you hated the pick (as did I) but when I went back and watched him, he seemed very good in his limited opportunities early on in the season. But it typical Cowboys fashion, we got away from him as the year went on.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
Damn it really died down in here since we can't talk abt Romo or Jerry. Didn't see that coming....

What's everyone's thoughts on Escobar? I'm sure you hated the pick (as did I) but when I went back and watched him, he seemed very good in his limited opportunities early on in the season. But it typical Cowboys fashion, we got away from him as the year went on.
Didn't jump for joy at the pick but we will find out much more about him this season, that's for certain.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:22 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I questioned the pick, but what's done is done. He does seem to have some nice hands, but they really didn't know what to do with him last year. Unlike Bennett he's not this killer blocker to make up for the lack of passing opportunities. Hopefully this season they use him on the goal line a lot like they said they would. Of course you throw to Dez there because he's money, but maybe they could use Escobar in a fashion that spreads the defense out enough to give a ton of options there.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:27 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Funny isnt it? I've barely posted on here in 3 weeks and all the peeps that were bitc*ing about me and D debating have brought NOTHING to the table in that time. Seems theres nothing for them to talk about if they arent on here complaing about subject matter.

As for Escobar, he was a wated pick IMO. Hannah had shown promise and we had more pressing needs. Guys like Escobar can be found in every draft and usually after the 2nd round. Made no sense to me.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:35 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I know everybody hated the pick. I didn't even love the talent so absolutely hated him for us. But when I went back and watch every target he got last year he looked good. I didn't notice him at all during the season but when you isolate on him, he looks promising. I still think it was an unnecessary pick but I kinda like the guy now. He looked to play in the pros just as well as he played in college. I think he's as promising a young player for us as Holloman or Crawford is on defense.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I understood the pick. My prediction for us if we had stayed at our pick last year was that we would've taken Tyler Eifert. So since we missed out on him, getting Escobar in Round 2 wasn't a total shocker for me.

It also made sense from a salary cap and aging problem that we have at TE. Witten is still proving himself to be worthy, but finding his replacement had to have been on their collective minds. Witten is one of the highest paid players AND he's aging. Not a good combination.

Simply put, Hanna doesn't have the make up to be a starting caliber NFL TE. A backup and special teams guy? Sure! Anything more than that and we're in pot of kim chee! Just from a competitive standpoint we wouldn't stack up with the rest of the league at that position.

When you further think about how much TE is used in our system, and the way that they had planned to use more 2 TE sets in 2013, the justification for the pick was easily there.

I hear people frequently questioning why we didn't see more 12 personnel sets after we drated Escobar and I even bet Escobar was questioning that himself throughout the season after hearing so much about it during the preseason and training camp.

During the season we talked about this from time to time as well. My opinion on the matter is that the emergence of T-Will as a weapon in this offense pushed them to use more 11 personnel (3 WR sets) and less 12 personnel (2 TE sets). We used what worked and sometimes, no matter what you plan for, if something else is working, then you gotta do what's right for your team even as it deviates from your original plans. Going to your strengths is an automatic call.

Escobar was never going to start over Witten either so, that's why we saw less of him than most would've liked. The plus side of that is that we saw MORE out of our 3rd round pick than most thought. So it balances out.

How do I expect him to be used next season? I hope the team starts to get him more involved as a receiver. Putting him in the slot or out wide. Escobar is a guy that can give us an added dimension to our offense. Cutting Austin will open up those doors for him. It also mitigates his weakness in run defending from the TE spot. That said, I don't think the Cowboys drafted based on their evaluation of him run blocking, but rather their interest in him being an asset as a receiver. Garrett has idolized the Patriots for a long time and seeing the way they used Gronk and Hernandez must have been in his head.

This is why I think that even with us having drafted Escobar, I really wouldn't put it past us to draft another TE early this year. So keep your sights on Ebron, Sefarian-Jenkins, Amaro, Niklas or especially CJ Fiedorowicz (sp?).
Old 04-21-2014, 02:06 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

If he proves to be a starting level talent, then the FO guys deserve to be applauded. I know it's a controversial opinion, but I think we should've moved on from Witten after last season. Great guy but he's soooooo goddamn slow.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
If he proves to be a starting level talent, then the FO guys deserve to be applauded. I know it's a controversial opinion, but I think we should've moved on from Witten after last season. Great guy but he's soooooo goddamn slow.
His speed was never his strength. The fact that he and Romo get one another makes him invaluable to us. If he were to leave as a FA somewhere he would struggle. But here, he is a plus. Romo NEEDS him too.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
His speed was never his strength. The fact that he and Romo get one another makes him invaluable to us. If he were to leave as a FA somewhere he would struggle. But here, he is a plus. Romo NEEDS him too.
I agree, you don't move on from Witten yet, but you find a way to get a better look at Escobar.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
I agree, you don't move on from Witten yet, but you find a way to get a better look at Escobar.
Naturally. He was just a rookie last year. Lots to more to see from him and his career.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:05 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Witten's a pro. He'd be successful anything, I believe. He's just that perfect mix of enough left in the tank to be productive for a contender but too old to be part of an arguably rebuilding team.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:41 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Escobar's selection made it 3 premium picks in 7 years on a position we already had Pro Bowl level talent. It would have been okay had 1) we had a history of utilizing 2 TE sets effectively/consistently 2) we didn't have historically dire needs at safety/O-line that have kept this team from consistently making the playoffs/winning in the playoffs for years.

We hated it less for the player than what it said about the franchise, that being said, I really hope he comes into his own this year, adds much needed athleticism to the position, and allows us to use a premium pick on something else this year :)
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:42 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...40421_22376544

Great article on Dwayne Harris. I love that kid we need to give him a couple more plays on offense...he's dynamic and hard to tackle.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:02 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As to the Escobar pick. My guess is...

They sat in a room after the 2012 season and did a roster analysis. Broke down which positions would stand to lose the most with an injury. And felt we were one injury away at TE from having a disastrous 2013 season. Now hidesight it appears they lost the bet because DL ended up getting the injury bug. But they probably felt deeper there then TE. Hanna is a nice player but he could not start for this team with the same role that witten plays. Need more size since they are asked to do a lot of one on one blocking on the backside. That said Witten stayed healthy enough to start and we got a year of seasoning out of Escobar.

I don't hate the pick...could have been better utilitized in hide sight...but at the time they felt injury to Witten would have been most costly. Retrospect says we should have drafted Wares replacement. Only problem with that theory is the guys who went in the 2nd and 3rd rounds didn't do **** for their teams either.

Hankins, Jonathan - 9 tackles | 0 sacks
Hunt, Margus - 3 tackles | 0.5 sacks
Logan, Bennie - 27 Tackles | 2 sacks
Moore, Damontre - 11 tackles | 0 sacks
Jenkins, John - 13 tackles | 0 sacks
Hill, Jordan - 7 tackles | 1.5 sacks
Lemonier, Corey - 15 tackles | 1 sack
Williams, Brandon - 6 tackles | 1 sack

That was who we could have took instead. I'm pretty happy with Escobar looking at that list.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-21-2014, 08:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post

Great article on Dwayne Harris. I love that kid we need to give him a couple more plays on offense...he's dynamic and hard to tackle.

I would like for him to beat out Beasley in the slot. Not easy, but very doable. Year 4 for him coming up. He broke out as a KR last year and was very valuable for us. This year, I would love to see im break out as a WR.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
As to the Escobar pick. My guess is...

They sat in a room after the 2012 season and did a roster analysis. Broke down which positions would stand to lose the most with an injury. And felt we were one injury away at TE from having a disastrous 2013 season. Now hidesight it appears they lost the bet because DL ended up getting the injury bug. But they probably felt deeper there then TE. Hanna is a nice player but he could not start for this team with the same role that witten plays. Need more size since they are asked to do a lot of one on one blocking on the backside. That said Witten stayed healthy enough to start and we got a year of seasoning out of Escobar.

I don't hate the pick...could have been better utilitized in hide sight...but at the time they felt injury to Witten would have been most costly. Retrospect says we should have drafted Wares replacement. Only problem with that theory is the guys who went in the 2nd and 3rd rounds didn't do **** for their teams either.

Hankins, Jonathan - 9 tackles | 0 sacks
Hunt, Margus - 3 tackles | 0.5 sacks
Logan, Bennie - 27 Tackles | 2 sacks
Moore, Damontre - 11 tackles | 0 sacks
Jenkins, John - 13 tackles | 0 sacks
Hill, Jordan - 7 tackles | 1.5 sacks
Lemonier, Corey - 15 tackles | 1 sack
Williams, Brandon - 6 tackles | 1 sack

That was who we could have took instead. I'm pretty happy with Escobar looking at that list.
Yup. Good point. Witten's age and susceptibleness (is that a word?) to injury combined with his increasing salary MUST have been on their minds.

As for those D-Lineman... That's an eye opener. Nice work! Without even knowing their exact numbers, this is why I always told pocket.... TELL ME WHO YOU WOULD'VE TAKEN?! That class sucked balls and those numbers are even more telling.

What the Cowboys ended up getting out of Selvie gets NO credit as a new addition since he didn't come out of the draft, but man... I keep thinking, what a great find he was by Marinelli. ...and if he can do to Crawford what he did to Hatcher.... whoa.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:46 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I've always loved the guy. Hopefully he gets more of a chance to shine in the offense.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:52 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yup. Good point. Witten's age and susceptibleness (is that a word?) to injury combined with his increasing salary MUST have been on their minds.

As for those D-Lineman... That's an eye opener. Nice work! Without even knowing their exact numbers, this is why I always told pocket.... TELL ME WHO YOU WOULD'VE TAKEN?! That class sucked balls and those numbers are even more telling.

What the Cowboys ended up getting out of Selvie gets NO credit as a new addition since he didn't come out of the draft, but man... I keep thinking, what a great find he was by Marinelli. ...and if he can do to Crawford what he did to Hatcher.... whoa.
I would have taken Floyd and Worford with our first two picks last year. I know that's just me but that's what I would have drafted. As far as Escobar he couldn't have been an effective starter if Witten went down either. His blocking was/is below average. I just answered because the question was posed.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I would have taken Floyd and Worford with our first two picks last year. I know that's just me but that's what I would have drafted. As far as Escobar he couldn't have been an effective starter if Witten went down either. His blocking was/is below average. I just answered because the question was posed.
Plenty of effective TEs don't block. ...that's not why you draft a TE high anyways. You can find blocking TEs late in the draft or in UDFA. What gets taken high are TEs who can be weapons in the passing game. That's what we drafted Escobar for.

Cowboys did mighty fine in the draft last year. No second guessing needed.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:21 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'd love to be in valley ranch to hear the convo that went on about Warford since Linehan has been on our staff. Now you have his old offensive coordinator (linehan) who played him 16 games and a high level. Mr. McClay why didn't you have this guy on your draft board (warford wasn't on our board)....he was a 16 game starter...can you really tell me Brian Waters was the better insurance policy lol.

Designs by me
Quote: