Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-29-2014, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Well I guess I'll support whoever we select. I'd feel like Barr falling to 25 means I'm not as smart as the average person in the NFL front office and he was overhyped by the media. So it'd really come down to how good Pryor played in the end. If he is a day 1 starter and makes a difference a few times his first year. I'd be happy. Now if Barr blows up with 9+ sacks and 5+ FF as a rookie. I would be equally as upset because thats not something you can find at 16 or later. I like both players...neither are sure things in my mind. We need outside pass rush more so I lean Barr. But I didn't get to see him in person at Valley Ranch so I honestly couldn't tell you. If Marinelli wants him then I want him. Whoever he has higher I support.
Yeah, I'm starting to feel the same way, if we can get Donald, Pryor or Barr, I'll be very happy. Martin would be good. Anyone else I won't be ecstatic but I'll live with whomever they take in the 1st.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:53 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Didn't realize he only played 3 seasons. Thought he was older than that. What's your point anyways? That people shouldn't change their opinions on players as they learn more about them? Go check yourself into an insane asylum bro.

Yeah, I don't believe in hypothetical ideas that player x will be available at my next pick make believe. I judge players by their ACTUAL play versus their draft spot to determine whether that pick was a reach or bust. TF played up to the worth of the 31st pick and some would even say his play would've justified being an even higher pick.

I'm glad you like him now though. Nice to have ya aboard.
I root for all Cowboys and hope they do well. If we draft JM, I would hate the pick but I will be rooting for him once he straps up, but you wont hear me on here saying he was my 5th rated QB and what a great pick he was in the 1st round just because we drafted him. Guess thats the difference between you and I.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:56 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see that you guys are talking about different picks that you would be fine with. Well what about DeMarcus Lawrence? I've got a feeling that he could be a Travis Frederick like surprise if they get screwed on a few picks like last year when Cooper and Warmack went super early. He fits the Marinelli profile of an athletic guy who rushes the passer, so I could see them trading down and picking him up at the tail end of round 1.

The reason why I don't think it will happen is because they're higher than they were last year by two spots, and there are three guys who make too much sense at 16. You've got Donald, Barr, and then Martin. You could throw in Jernigan and Ealy there too if you want, but the first three are guys that I think they would be pretty happy for. My fear is that Donald goes in the top 10, and then all hell breaks loose. I don't think that it would disrupt things too much. I think that Donald is their top guy because he's too perfect, and Barr is their second guy because he's got a ton to mold. If either guy is gone then Martin would make a ton of sense there. I also could see how they wouldn't trade down because they have a ton of picks already. I'm thinking that they'll stand pat this year, but Lawrence is my sleeper pick next to Jimmie Ward. Someone is going to get that guy in the first round. I just don't know who. If they trade down I could see them taking him, telling all the "experts" to go **** themselves about reaching, and then watch as everyone in subsequent drafts say, "Man you want a guy like Jimmie Ward who could play center field."

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:02 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I root for all Cowboys and hope they do well. If we draft JM, I would hate the pick but I will be rooting for him once he straps up, but you wont hear me on here saying he was my 5th rated QB and what a great pick he was in the 1st round just because we drafted him. Guess thats the difference between you and I.
Nah you just got butthurt when I liked TF after we drafted him and decided that you'd define me by it. Reality is I don't do that to all our picks. I didn't care for Spencer. Said it at the time. Hated Felix. Said it at the time. Pretty much loved all the rest of our 1st rounders since I've been here. Whatever makes you feel good buddy.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:45 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I see that you guys are talking about different picks that you would be fine with. Well what about DeMarcus Lawrence? I've got a feeling that he could be a Travis Frederick like surprise if they get screwed on a few picks like last year when Cooper and Warmack went super early. He fits the Marinelli profile of an athletic guy who rushes the passer, so I could see them trading down and picking him up at the tail end of round 1.

The reason why I don't think it will happen is because they're higher than they were last year by two spots, and there are three guys who make too much sense at 16. You've got Donald, Barr, and then Martin. You could throw in Jernigan and Ealy there too if you want, but the first three are guys that I think they would be pretty happy for. My fear is that Donald goes in the top 10, and then all hell breaks loose. I don't think that it would disrupt things too much. I think that Donald is their top guy because he's too perfect, and Barr is their second guy because he's got a ton to mold. If either guy is gone then Martin would make a ton of sense there. I also could see how they wouldn't trade down because they have a ton of picks already. I'm thinking that they'll stand pat this year, but Lawrence is my sleeper pick next to Jimmie Ward. Someone is going to get that guy in the first round. I just don't know who. If they trade down I could see them taking him, telling all the "experts" to go **** themselves about reaching, and then watch as everyone in subsequent drafts say, "Man you want a guy like Jimmie Ward who could play center field."
Well, he came in for a visit, so they must like Lawrence, have you watched his tape?
I see flashes of good things but for all the talk about him and his skill set and his value as a 1st or 2nd rounder, when I watch film I'm just not all that impressed.
Honestly, he does offer some pass rush but he's not all that fast or quick, on a clock.
He looks clumsy and off balance sometimes, not my definition of a fluid moving guy.

On the positive side he fights through with decent moves and hands, has some bend and handles the run ok. Plays faster than he times?
Things to work with, but I don't see him having the value most do, especially not in the 1st. But I could be wrong.
IF they like him a lot, I'd be okay with it in round 2.
Maybe marinelli can work on some of the flaws, and in a rotation he could work.

The Frederick pick has me giving them more credit right now for finding a guy most were saying was a reach, I'd somewhat trust them and marinelli at this point though, if they went with Lawrence at the back of round 1, even if I didn't totally agree.
He did give Bitonio a hard time in the bowl game. The competition wasn't as good but I could pass on Ealy at 16 for him later.

**Idk anymore I'm all drafted out at this point, next week can't come fast enough lol. ***

Last edited by Jas : 04-30-2014 at 04:55 AM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:15 AM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing is, our defensive line is such a wild card, and it sucks having unknowns like that going into the season.

Spencer- Injury
Melton- Injury
Crawford- Injury/Unknown
Selvie- Career JAG besides last year

So it really can go one of two ways. If Spencer and Melton return from the injury to pro-bowl form, Crawford turns into what we all hope, Selvie gets even better with a full off-season, and we spend two picks in the first 4 rounds on defensive lineman, our DL actually could be nasty.

Or, Spencer and Melton could never be the same, Crawford turns into nothing, and Selvie goes back to being a JAG, and we suck.

The X-factor is Marinelli, because if these guys are healthy I don't see how they can suck with him.
BroadcasterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:14 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Well, he came in for a visit, so they must like Lawrence, have you watched his tape?
I see flashes of good things but for all the talk about him and his skill set and his value as a 1st or 2nd rounder, when I watch film I'm just not all that impressed.
Honestly, he does offer some pass rush but he's not all that fast or quick, on a clock.
He looks clumsy and off balance sometimes, not my definition of a fluid moving guy.

On the positive side he fights through with decent moves and hands, has some bend and handles the run ok. Plays faster than he times?
Things to work with, but I don't see him having the value most do, especially not in the 1st. But I could be wrong.
IF they like him a lot, I'd be okay with it in round 2.
Maybe marinelli can work on some of the flaws, and in a rotation he could work.

The Frederick pick has me giving them more credit right now for finding a guy most were saying was a reach, I'd somewhat trust them and marinelli at this point though, if they went with Lawrence at the back of round 1, even if I didn't totally agree.
He did give Bitonio a hard time in the bowl game. The competition wasn't as good but I could pass on Ealy at 16 for him later.

**Idk anymore I'm all drafted out at this point, next week can't come fast enough lol. ***

Seeing him coming in for a visit is what got me thinking that he could be a surprise pick since their top picks tend to be people who visited. I saw one game of his against Oregon State, and there's something to like there. He didn't wow me, but he does have some good burst off the ball. Ironically he reminds me a little bit of Tyrone Crawford who played on the same team. Both guys are really good at getting into the backfield, and both guys need to work a little on their pursuit outside. I am going to watch more games of his if I get time, but he's at least got something to work with. I like him a lot more than Ealy because Ealy seems to half ass it a lot. Lawrence has some hustle and athleticism, so I imagine that he wouldn't be a bad addition if he's the guy.

I hear you on being all drafted out at this point. I keep thinking that it's happening this week, but damn if this isn't the longest wait ever. I've watched so many videos on YouTube that I'm just tired of trying to figure out who is going to be the guys taken. I'm ready for it to be over with now.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where exactly did Johnny boy "carry" his team to? 9-4? No SEC Championship? No NC appearance? You say his D isnt an excuse, then say how "incredibly bad" they are. Lol the double talk is STRONG today.

All those "excuses" arent for Romo, they show how inept our .500 GM has been over the last 18 years (with or without Romo) If hes dumb enough to waste a 1st rounder on this little fella, we will be waiting another 18 years I guess..

Carried his team to their first 11 win season since 1998 and put up over 500 total yards against your Sooners. I'd want to forget that game too if I were you.

Even with A&M's horrible defense, they never trailed once during the last 6 games of that season. Johnny! Johnny! Johnny!
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:11 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post

Carried his team to their first 11 win season since 1998 and put up over 500 total yards against your Sooners. I'd want to forget that game too if I were you.

Even with A&M's horrible defense, they never trailed once during the last 6 games of that season. Johnny! Johnny! Johnny!
OU sucked that year (For OU's standards) especially on D. Then the "great" Johnny boy followed it up with a 9-4 and STILL hasnt won a Championship. I wont mention taking illegal money then going on the field and acting a fool.

I'd want to forget that stuff too. Let somebody else deal with his antics and bust potential

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 04-30-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather have any of the other top QBs in this class than Manziel even after removing the off-the-field crap he brings. Hell give me Derek Carr or reach for Jimmy Garoppolo if you want to be silly and draft a QB of the future this year.

That being said we have no business taking a QB at 16. Period. Most likely we'll indulge in our mid-to-late high potential QB grab. Although that's not a given as we now have four QBs under contract (Romo, Orton, Weeden, Hanie).

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Last edited by Trogdor : 04-30-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:23 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OU sucked that year (For OU's standards) especially on D. Then the "great" Johnny boy followed it up with a 9-4 and STILL hasnt won a Championship. I wont mention taking illegal money then going on the field and acting a fool.

I'd want to forget that stuff too. Let somebody else deal with his antics and bust potential
OU's other two losses that year came against a team that played in the Fiesta Bowl and a team that played in the National Championship. I will give you the D being down that season, although they held every team under 21 points except for OK State, West Virginia, Baylor and A&M which all had explosive offenses that season.

crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Seeing him coming in for a visit is what got me thinking that he could be a surprise pick since their top picks tend to be people who visited. I saw one game of his against Oregon State, and there's something to like there. He didn't wow me, but he does have some good burst off the ball. Ironically he reminds me a little bit of Tyrone Crawford who played on the same team. Both guys are really good at getting into the backfield, and both guys need to work a little on their pursuit outside. I am going to watch more games of his if I get time, but he's at least got something to work with. I like him a lot more than Ealy because Ealy seems to half ass it a lot. Lawrence has some hustle and athleticism, so I imagine that he wouldn't be a bad addition if he's the guy.

I hear you on being all drafted out at this point. I keep thinking that it's happening this week, but damn if this isn't the longest wait ever. I've watched so many videos on YouTube that I'm just tired of trying to figure out who is going to be the guys taken. I'm ready for it to be over with now.
I agree about the comparison next to Ealy, and he's a much better prospect than Crawford. But yeah, this is dragging.
I don't follow any other sports so I don't have a fall back option to keep me busy. lol
Old 04-30-2014, 02:24 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I'd rather have any of the other top QBs in this class than Manziel even after removing the off-the-field crap he brings. Hell give me Derek Carr or reach for Jimmy Garoppolo if you want to be silly and draft a QB of the future this year.

That being said we have no business taking a QB at 16. Period. Most likely we'll indulge in our mid-to-late high potential QB grab. Although that's not a given as we now have four QBs under contract (Romo, Orton, Weeden, Hanie).
Thank you! I concur sir. ;)

Old 04-30-2014, 02:28 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
OU's other two losses that year came against a team that played in the Fiesta Bowl and a team that played in the National Championship. I will give you the D being down that season, although they held every team under 21 points except for OK State, West Virginia, Baylor and A&M which all had explosive offenses that season.

Your point? Lots of QBs have beaten OU. Tebow beat OU and won LOTS of games AND a Heisman. How'd he work out?

Weeden beat OU, just got cut...

College QBs dont all translate to the NFL, IMO JM's wont either.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Johnny as a cowboy.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way about Johnny. It's a smokescreen to bait trade-ups in the unlikely event he is available.

Quote:
“For the record, I’m not guessing on the Cowboys not drafting Manziel,” Sullivan wrote on Twitter. “I was told absolutely no by the highest of authorities.”

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
By the way about Johnny. It's a smokescreen to bait trade-ups in the unlikely event he is available.
Oh no doubt, thats what I wrote the second this stuff starting heating up recently.
Thats all it is, bait.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Johnny as a cowboy.

More like

Old 04-30-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"Just because I say it, doesn't make it true"

-- The Honorable Jerry Jones
Old 04-30-2014, 03:43 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
mike fisher ‏@fishsports 5m
.@dallascowboys Pre-Draft Press conference at Valley Ranch is Tues May 6 at 1pm @1053thefan
Heads up for anybody that wants to listen in.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:44 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jokefest the last couple pages. I like both JM and Romo...but arguing that one is a winner while the other isn't is the dumbest **** I've ever seen. Manziel's said his driving force is the fact that he isn't a winner. No state championships in high school. No national championships in college. Cam Newton elevated his below average team to be a winner in college. Not Manziel. That whole college football mentality of repping going 9-4 and winning the Burker King BumFuck Bowl is exactly why I don't like college football. You can't rep being a winner unless you actually win and that's something Manziel has never done. If you like him, rep his talent.

Last edited by SugarSean : 04-30-2014 at 04:47 PM.
SugarSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
Jokefest the last couple pages. I like both JM and Romo...but arguing that one is a winner while the other isn't is the dumbest **** I've ever seen. Manziel's said his driving force is the fact that he isn't a winner. No state championships in high school. No national championships in college. Cam Newton elevated his below average team to be a winner in college. Not Manziel. That whole college football mentality of repping going 9-4 and winning the Burker King BumFuck Bowl is exactly why I don't like college football. You can't rep being a winner unless you actually win and that's something Manziel has ever done. If you like him, rep his talent.
You're obviously missing the point of the discussion. Being called a winner can be defined differently. You can be a winner for winning big games and you can be a winner for winning the championship. Both are winners. If you are saying that no one is a winner unless they win championships, then the whole deal about being that kind of winner is useless. Shall we start listing the number of Super Bowl winning QBs who didn't win a college championship? Shall we start listing the number of college QBs who won National Championships, but did not win a SB?

However, if we identify how those Super Bowl winning QBs showed how they could lead successful teams (even non-championship teams) or won big games against huge odds consistently in college, then we can start to use that as a measuring identifier to see which QBs in college have also shown those same qualities.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

The Landry hat-

Quote:
The 2014 NFL Draft can not get here fast enough. Yes, Iím a writer, but Iím also a very proud member of Cowboy Nation. Iím ready to see articles based on facts and numbers. The speculation about the Cowboys first round draft pick being Johnny Manziel is at an all time high. Manziel becoming a Cowboy with the 16th pick will not happen. Thanks to the power of search engines, I just gained 250,000 readers by using Manziel, Cowboys, 16th pick, and NFL Draft in this paragraph. From an insider, itís media manipulation, so donít believe the hype!
Old 04-30-2014, 05:41 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather see Dallas pick up a defensive blue chip than start over at QB in the first round. Manziel is just not that tempting to me, I don't see it.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:46 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I'd rather see Dallas pick up a defensive blue chip than start over at QB in the first round. Manziel is just not that tempting to me, I don't see it.
Agree. Some folks are buying the hype and living in la la land lol.