Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-08-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonSquad View Post
For some reason, I REALLY want Shazier as of this morning.
If Barr is gone, I'm right there with you.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:11 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if either Barr or Doanld get out of the top 10, we are moving up. If they are both gone, I think we go Martin or a trade down for Shazier.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I think if either Barr or Doanld get out of the top 10, we are moving up. If they are both gone, I think we go Martin or a trade down for Shazier.
Sounds about right. In a trade down I'm sure we have more options than just Shazier if he gets taken. Ealy, Ward, Lawrence, etc.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Sounds about right. In a trade down I'm sure we have more options than just Shazier if he gets taken. Ealy, Ward, Lawrence, etc.
Agreed. Looks like we are all pretty much on the same page lol :D

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:48 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Agreed. Looks like we are all pretty much on the same page lol :D

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 05-08-2014, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now wait until all 4 of our targets gets taken (per the usual) and we get to bickering again :D

Old 05-08-2014, 03:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Now wait until all 4 of our targets gets taken (per the usual) and we get to bickering again :D
No, watch us take Odell Beckham and shake our heads.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No, watch us take Odell Beckham and shake our heads.
I'd dislike it but not like a Mosley, Pryor, Ebron, or God-forbid Johnny Manziel.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'd dislike it but not like a Mosley, Pryor, Ebron, or God-forbid Johnny Manziel.
I could sell myself to like Mosley and I already do like Pryor. Ebron would be pure anger.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I could sell myself to like Mosley and I already do like Pryor. Ebron would be pure anger.
Mosley would be more of passing on a better prospect type of mad. Pryor is an odd one for me. He's my #1 safety but he's in the same mold as our current set. We still wouldn't have a true FS in a pass first NFL.

I'd talk myself into the pick since he is very talented just an odd feeling lol.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe now that we've added Melton this team needs a player like Pryor more than any of the other 1st round players in this draft.
Talent wise but even more so as an enforcer and physical presence. Let's face it this defense(this team even) has no identity and doesn't strike fear into anyone. The dallas Creampuffs, with their hamstrings and cuts an bumps.
Pryor will lead this secondary and hold these boys accountable.

Last edited by Jas : 05-08-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:58 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random thought at the 11th hour here. I was watching some old Kelcy Quarles games on YouTube, and during one of them I was like, "Damn! Who is this number 21 guy. He's flying all over the place. I'd love to see him in Dallas." Turns out that was DeVonte Holloman. lol I got re-excited for him again.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Random thought at the 11th hour here. I was watching some old Kelcy Quarles games on YouTube, and during one of them I was like, "Damn! Who is this number 21 guy. He's flying all over the place. I'd love to see him in Dallas." Turns out that was DeVonte Holloman. lol I got re-excited for him again.
You're right, I saw that too and commented on it a few weeks back when d-unit asked what we think of him and his chances.
He is going to end up starting on the strong side. He was a steal where we got him.
He was all over the field in the footage.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:18 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
You're right, I saw that too and commented on it a few weeks back when d-unit asked what we think of him and his chances.
He is going to end up starting on the strong side. He was a steal where we got him.
He was all over the field in the footage.
Wilber or Carter better watch out. Holloman is going to be one of those guys that's hard to keep off the field.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:56 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welp............
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:38 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Apperantly we had a 4th round grade on D's boy. No way we were drafting him in the 2nd. Supposedly he was next on our board as a RDE but a 4th round guy vs a 1st round guy. Might make more sense why we traded up.

Quote:
mike fisher ‏@fishsports 14m
@swintnasty: @fishsports who did #cowboys have rated behind Lawrence? / Attaochu as a 4th

Old 05-12-2014, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Apperantly we had a 4th round grade on D's boy. No way we were drafting him in the 2nd. Supposedly he was next on our board as a RDE but a 4th round guy vs a 1st round guy. Might make more sense why we traded up.
Hahaha!! smh, a 4th round grade, thats why he went in the 2nd?!
I think he's a little better than lawrence, lol.
We couldn't take him in the 4th we had that spot reserved for hitchens..

If they saw him more as an outside guy in a 3-4 ok, but again, I don't really agree with that. He played DE at a high level for Gtech.

Funny, the thing we were complaining about was their ineptitude in the later rounds and I think they may've gotten some good stuff there this year.
So that may be improving.

Last edited by Jas : 05-12-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:45 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Hahaha!! smh, a 4th round grade, thats why he went in the 2nd?!
I think he's a little better than lawrence, lol.
We couldn't take him in the 4th we had that spot reserved for hitchens..

If they saw him more as an outside guy in a 3-4 ok, but again, I don't really agree with that. He played DE at a high level for Gtech.

Funny, the thing we were complaining about was their ineptitude in the later rounds and I think they may've gotten some good stuff there this year.
So that may be improving.
Gotta trust our scouts and board. Not saying they are right but they get paid to set the board. If they werent high on him and you can go up and get a 1st round talent it makes sense. Im not thrilled with losin a 3rd rounder but I understand why they did it. Still dont get the 4th round. That was a reach...

Old 05-12-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Taking Lawrence over Attaochu was perfectly fine. I had them 1 and 2 on the board for Day 2. I think Attaochu is more ready out of the box, but listening to all the reasons why they took him makes a lot of sense.

The Round 4 grade on Attaochu must be related to their idea that he was a LDE guy, and their board was arranged according to need versus a universal board. He went in Round 2 so that's what he is. He was drafted to play OLB by a 3-4 team, so I don't think we'll be able to accurately compare their careers. It's all water under the bridge. Not like I had Attaochu ranked so much higher than Lawrence anyways.

Definitely enjoyed the draft as a whole this year and it was quite reassuring to see McClay's hand in it. Ciskowski just made me nervous in previous years, but having McClay there too... I dunno, it's just a nice feeling.

If we did arrange our board according to need, then I think that's a dramatic change in philosophy. Could explain why Hitchens carried a 4th round grade for us but not according to most other universal rankings.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Yeah, what's done is done. We have Lawrence, I'm not unhappy about it, he'll be alright.
I really like some of the later round guys though, will smith, ken bishop, mitchell. It looks, as of now, as though they did a solid job with those picks.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:23 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Martin pick. When I watched what's available online of Lawrence, I thought there's no way the guy should've been drafted there. But I did see a lot of respected minds had him there or higher so I'm willing to give him a chance. Hopefully they were right. Everybody else I'll give our guys the benefit of the doubt and trust their judgement.

Except for Hitchens. Somebody shouldn't lose their job for that pick. TWO people should lose their job for it.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:41 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

FWIT Hitchens was drafted as a backup to Sean Lee. They think hes a thumper with the ability to drop into coverage. Doesnt make the pick any better, just saying.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:06 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
I love the Martin pick. When I watched what's available online of Lawrence, I thought there's no way the guy should've been drafted there. But I did see a lot of respected minds had him there or higher so I'm willing to give him a chance. Hopefully they were right. Everybody else I'll give our guys the benefit of the doubt and trust their judgement.

Except for Hitchens. Somebody shouldn't lose their job for that pick. TWO people should lose their job for it.
With all due respect, do you even know what your talking about? How are you formulating this "end of the world" opinion about Hitchens? Because Todd McShay or Mel Kiper had him as a 7th rounder....? There are barely any highlights of Hitchens on the internet to come to a conclusion, and all of the clips look good anyway.

He's a 4th round pick. He's 6'0'' 240 and runs a 4.60. That's NFL tools at least. He was ridiculously productive in the Big Ten. If all he ever does is back up Sean Lee, we could have done a lot worse in the 4th round. I would have preferred Telvin Smith, but we're not making the decisions.

I'll take anyone over Cam Lawrence or Kyle Bosworth.
BroadcasterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:56 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadcasterC View Post
With all due respect, do you even know what your talking about? How are you formulating this "end of the world" opinion about Hitchens? Because Todd McShay or Mel Kiper had him as a 7th rounder....? There are barely any highlights of Hitchens on the internet to come to a conclusion, and all of the clips look good anyway.

He's a 4th round pick. He's 6'0'' 240 and runs a 4.60. That's NFL tools at least. He was ridiculously productive in the Big Ten. If all he ever does is back up Sean Lee, we could have done a lot worse in the 4th round. I would have preferred Telvin Smith, but we're not making the decisions.

I'll take anyone over Cam Lawrence or Kyle Bosworth.
There's your problem. You're watching highlights and clips and coming to a determination that a player a good. Obviously anyone looks good in highlights. I thought everyone knew that. There's one game online of Hitchens (vs Nebraska). In that game his tendencies are terrible. You watch that game and tell me if you think he looks good. Then I'll break the film down play by play and show you why you're dead wrong. Furthermore, college production has nothing to do with NFL ability. I thought this was something else everyone knew. You build championship teams through the draft so your attitude on him just being a 4th round pick is terrible. There will be plenty of quality players drafted after him, a number of starters and a few excellent players. That one huge miss in every draft where everybody (not Kiper or McShay) knows is a throwaway pick is why we can never get over the hump. We're obviously not making the decisions so that was pretty pointless comment. The people who are making the decisions aren't immune to criticism or going to hit 100% of the time dude. This was a very bad pick.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:47 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
There's your problem. You're watching highlights and clips and coming to a determination that a player a good. Obviously anyone looks good in highlights. I thought everyone knew that. There's one game online of Hitchens (vs Nebraska). In that game his tendencies are terrible. You watch that game and tell me if you think he looks good. Then I'll break the film down play by play and show you why you're dead wrong. Furthermore, college production has nothing to do with NFL ability. I thought this was something else everyone knew. You build championship teams through the draft so your attitude on him just being a 4th round pick is terrible. There will be plenty of quality players drafted after him, a number of starters and a few excellent players. That one huge miss in every draft where everybody (not Kiper or McShay) knows is a throwaway pick is why we can never get over the hump. We're obviously not making the decisions so that was pretty pointless comment. The people who are making the decisions aren't immune to criticism or going to hit 100% of the time dude. This was a very bad pick.
So you're basing your analysis on one game? By that logic every player sucks because they all have bad games. Khalil Mack looked like he shouldn't even be a college football player against Baylor.

This kid hasn't even played a snap yet. Massive over reaction dude. Let him play.
BroadcasterC is offline   Reply With Quote