Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-26-2014, 11:28 AM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it's a foregone conclusion that both Aldon Smith and Navarro Bowman won't be playing week 1, right?

Bowman will surely be on PUP after tearing his ACL in the NFC title game, and I can't possibly see how Smith isn't suspended.

Two huge breaks for us. If our offensive line is what it should be, without those two playing we should be able to put up a lot of points. Their secondary doesn't scare me at all. Romo should have all day to pick them apart with our weapons.
BroadcasterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:53 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadcasterC View Post
So it's a foregone conclusion that both Aldon Smith and Navarro Bowman won't be playing week 1, right?

Bowman will surely be on PUP after tearing his ACL in the NFC title game, and I can't possibly see how Smith isn't suspended.

Two huge breaks for us. If our offensive line is what it should be, without those two playing we should be able to put up a lot of points. Their secondary doesn't scare me at all. Romo should have all day to pick them apart with our weapons.
I wish it was as easy as that sounds. Definitely pluses for us and I'm hopeful we can win, but they are a legit team from top to bottom coming off a great draft.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:58 AM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I wish it was as easy as that sounds. Definitely pluses for us and I'm hopeful we can win, but they are a legit team from top to bottom coming off a great draft.
I personally don't think much of Kaepernick at all. The game is going to come down to us stopping the run in the 2nd half, especially with them drafting Carlos Hyde.

We did get a lot younger and added a ton of depth in the front 7. We just need to hope it's enough and that they eat their Wheaties that morning, haha.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I personally don't think much of Kaepernick at all. The game is going to come down to us stopping the run in the 2nd half, especially with them drafting Carlos Hyde.

We did get a lot younger and added a ton of depth in the front 7. We just need to hope it's enough and that they eat their Wheaties that morning, haha.
What don't you like about Kaep? He's proven himself to be a winner and make things happen out of nothing. He forces defense to play his pass and run and has a heck of a cannon.

I never was impressed by the Niners WRs... Crabtree/Boldin... very meh. But he mades them look better than they are imo. Now they added Stevie Johnson and drafted Bruce Ellington.

Bowman is probably out, but they also drafted Chris Borland and Shayne Skov. Their depth is no joke. We will have our hands full. Our offense might not click from Game 1, but we will be relying on them heavily... heck we will be relying on them heavily all season long. They need to carry this team. They have the talent to, so there's reason to have faith for it.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:14 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

Quote:
What don't you like about Kaep? He's proven himself to be a winner and make things happen out of nothing. He forces defense to play his pass and run and has a heck of a cannon.

I never was impressed by the Niners WRs... Crabtree/Boldin... very meh. But he mades them look better than they are imo. Now they added Stevie Johnson and drafted Bruce Ellington.

Bowman is probably out, but they also drafted Chris Borland and Shayne Skov. Their depth is no joke. We will have our hands full. Our offense might not click from Game 1, but we will be relying on them heavily... heck we will be relying on them heavily all season long. They need to carry this team. They have the talent to, so there's reason to have faith for it.
I think Kaepernick is a gimmick. There are plenty of games where he does nothing, and the defense wins the games for him. People can disagree, it's just my opinion. Swap him and Romo and the 49ers are easily the best team in football, and the Cowboys go 6-10 or worse.

If he beats us with his arm, then so be it they deserve to win.

I guess I just have such high expectations for this offense. Adding Martin to the OL and Linehan gives me great hope. We finally have a coach who will attack the defense's weaknesses and throw the damn ball to Dez a lot, instead of Garrett's garbage "take what the defense gives you" philosophy.

You manipulate what they are giving you into big plays. That's how real coaches do it. Garrett's so 1990's linear basic offense it's sad.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think Kaepernick is a gimmick. There are plenty of games where he does nothing, and the defense wins the games for him. People can disagree, it's just my opinion. Swap him and Romo and the 49ers are easily the best team in football, and the Cowboys go 6-10 or worse.

If he beats us with his arm, then so be it they deserve to win.

I guess I just have such high expectations for this offense. Adding Martin to the OL and Linehan gives me great hope. We finally have a coach who will attack the defense's weaknesses and throw the damn ball to Dez a lot, instead of Garrett's garbage "take what the defense gives you" philosophy.

You manipulate what they are giving you into big plays. That's how real coaches do it. Garrett's so 1990's linear basic offense it's sad.
I have a lot of hope for those same reasons, but this is game 1 for both Martin and Linehan.

That's a pretty interesting suggestion. Romo on the Niners and they are the best team in football and Kaepernick on the Cowboys and we are 6-10 or worse, eh?

We need to make sure this conversation stays here and nobody from the main forum sees it. haha.

Last edited by D-Unit : 05-26-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:05 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Kap over romo 10 times out of 10. But that's just me.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:47 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post

Can you imagine what/who everybody would be talking about if we would have drafted Johnny Boy? So glad we dodged that distraction.
Looks like a great effing time.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:01 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
I would take Kap over romo 10 times out of 10. But that's just me.
Give them both the 49ers roster and play them head to head and Romo's team would win 8 out of 10, if not 9 or all 10.

Kaepernick is a gimmick 1 trick pony. When the 49ers give him 120 million, they're screwed.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:58 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

People thinking Kaepernick is good is a product of the stupid sensationalist world we live in with everyone thinking big plays and flash directly correlates with winning, which couldn't be farther from the truth. What has Michael Vick ever done when you stop and think about it? Nothing. The dumb average fan just thinks he's good because they remember than 50 yard run that looked cool. Michael Vick sucks. Those guys have one or two good years, the league catches on, and they're done.

Besides that one fluke 250 yard rushing game against the packers in the playoffs, what has Kaepernick ever done? His stats are very underwhelming, and he was GARBAGE in the NFC title game last year.

Don't get me wrong, he's good enough to win with the 49ers stacked roster, but put him on a team where he has to be the man and forget it, he'd flame out of the league.

He can't consistently win with his arm. He's an average QUARTERBACK with great PHYSICAL TOOLS. History has shown that those guys don't last.

He can't even hold Romo's jock strap, that's just disrespectful.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:20 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kap and Wilson both benefit from a very good running game and a great Defense. They dont have to throw the ball 35 times in order to win. That opens up so many more things for a QB and makes the game much easier.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kap and Wilson both benefit from a very good running game and a great Defense. They dont have to throw the ball 35 times in order to win. That opens up so many more things for a QB and makes the game much easier.
Exactly.

Put any half-decent QB on those teams and they have similar success. Tony Romo would have won a Super Bowl with last year's Seattle team.

Colin Kaepernick would be looked at as a "choker" if he was the QB on the Dallas teams of the past 2-3 years.
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I hope Tony Romo proves he can do it without needing the same thing.

The thing about Wilson that impresses me is that he doesn't make boneheaded mistakes.

That said. We need to get off this topic. For the salvation of our sanity can we please not talk about Tony Romo?
Old 05-26-2014, 04:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope Tony Romo proves he can do it without needing the same thing.

The thing about Wilson that impresses me is that he doesn't make boneheaded mistakes.

That said. We need to get off this topic. For the salvation of our sanity can we please not talk about Tony Romo?
Thats because hes not asked to win games, just manage them. When you know you have to score 28+ points to win a game, your going to make mistakes especailly when your opponent knows your going to throw. Saying that, I'll take a 3 to 1 TD to turnover ratio every single time.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 05-26-2014, 04:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Thats because hes not asked to win games, just manage them. When you know you have to score 28+ points to win a game, your going to make mistakes especailly when your opponent knows your going to throw. Saying that, I'll take a 3 to 1 TD to turnover ratio every single time.
Meh. I've seen Wilson win games.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:27 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Meh. I've seen Wilson win games.
Lol. I've seen Quincy Carter win games too. ALL QBs win games, the point is Seattle doesnt rely on him to win games every week. Most weeks they rely on their running game and Defense to win games. His play action is much more effective as well. Hes a game manager that rarely has to throw the ball 30 times in order to win. Same with Kap. Hopfully with our additions Romo will be able to enjoy some of that this year.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:00 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

Quote:
I think Wilson is much better than Kaepernick just from the standpoint that he can beat you with his arm CONSISTENTLY and his mind.

Once the salary cap causes the 49ers to lose a good portion of that defense and OL and it's all on Kaepernick, he's just gonna be another running QB with a strong arm who makes some amazing plays but doesn't win.

It's really unfortunate when I hear all these stupid kids who just like flashy plays talk about how they think QB's like Kaepernick and Vick are "so nasty." It's just the world we live in now. Flash over substance.

Last edited by BroadcasterC : 05-26-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:06 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys LB Sean Lee hurt at practice. He went to the ground and had to be helped off the practice field
Starting early this year.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:24 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol mr. Glass
Old 05-27-2014, 01:26 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

They're on the ticket discussing the cap ramifications for lee retiring.

Hahhaaa. **** this team

Per reports...it's his left knee..

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 05-27-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit: Reading clean backside block on a screen from Martin but Lee slipped. Broadds thinks high ankle not knee. Still sad for Lee. At least he wasn't stretchered off.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Last edited by Trogdor : 05-27-2014 at 02:38 PM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:27 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God dammit, Lee. Just don't run or do **** until the season starts.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst part is that the best case scenario we're looking at is a lingering high ankle sprain that will undoubtedly not go away for the rest of the year. Smh.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

More confidence in Bruce Carter, Davonte Holloman or Anthony Hitchens as our starting MLB?
Old 05-27-2014, 03:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Bruce can regain his 2012 form on the inside?