Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-27-2014, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd guess Hitchens will get an audition but will end up being the primary backup at Mike.

Holloman and Carter could shift in but we really have a hole at WLB if we push Carter to MLB. If the plan is definitely Carter to MLB I imagine we'll be giving Ernie Sims a call again to fight for the WLB job.

If we are keeping Carter at WLB then expect a "heady" MLB to come in like perhaps Angerer. Curious to see if we'll hit the phones for a team with multiple MLBs.

If there is a silver lining it is that the team signed Sean Lee to an incentive based deal to protect themselves from this situation. As Garrett has said... "Next man up".

Personally I'd keep Carter at WLB and give Holloman the nod. Former safety who seems to always find the ball.

Carter - Holloman - Wilber

Hitchens can backup all three spots although in terms of the depth chart I'd only give him minutes at MLB and SLB. I would still cut Durant for the cap savings and look for one of the young pups like Will Smith to step up. I'd keep an eye on potential players on the cut list as well.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Last edited by Trogdor : 05-27-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:23 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Travis Frederick breaks teammates wrists and Zack Martin breaks teammates knees. LOVE THIS OL!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:05 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vilma naturally is a 43 MIKE 'backer. If he's healthy he's an okay replacement starter.

Nobody has any issues with Zach Martin for being over-aggressive in a non-contact drill?

I realize that nasty streak is what makes Martin a talented Olineman, but come on man.

Your chippy rookie just took out arguably the Cowboys most important player on D.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:52 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Vilma naturally is a 43 MIKE 'backer. If he's healthy he's an okay replacement starter.

Nobody has any issues with Zach Martin for being over-aggressive in a non-contact drill?

I realize that nasty streak is what makes Martin a talented Olineman, but come on man.

Your chippy rookie just took out arguably the Cowboys most important player on D.
Nope. His knee went out before Martin ever touched him.

Quote:
Lee tried to hit the brakes and come back inside, but both feet came off the ground -- then his left heel hit the turf and buckled his knee. Itís at that point where it appears the injury took place. With Leeís left knee bent and his right leg straight, Zack Martin engaged him on the block and stumbled over Lee, falling to the ground. There was nothing dirty about the play on Martinís part and to think otherwise is not correct.
Just part of football. Lee is made of glass unfortunatly.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:26 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh well there goes Lee again. Such a shame his career will be marred by injuries. That's why I'm glad they avoided injury prone players in the draft. I realize it could happen to anyone at any time but why risk it. Well Scott wright when I criticized his pick of Easley for us by saying he'll fit nicely on the bench with the other 2 second rounders who can't stay on the field in Carter and Lee..and he said 31 other teams would love to have Lee....OK with me now.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:27 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Cover 2 mlb is far different than most 4-3 schemes. You don't want Vilma dropping into deep middle like we asked of Lee often.

Martin fell over Lee AFTER his knee buckled and he went down. Non contact knee injury. Come on man :-P

Feel terrible for Lee all-pro talent but horrendous luck.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:41 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

smh - on Lee's injury.

My opinion is to stay in house & go with who we have on the roster. Carter & Holloman get first crack at the starting spot. Hopefully Hitchens can get up to speed quickly, but I understand with all the info he had to process, his head will be spinning. That's why I say Carter or Holloman.

Carter based off his exp in 3-4 middle. He took over for Lee and was doing a great job until he was injured.

Last edited by DallCowby1 : 05-28-2014 at 07:56 AM.
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:04 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It did look to me like Martin came full speed, initiated contact, extended his arms, and just buried him into the ground. Everyone is saying his knee buckled right before Martin got there, which may be true, but it probably didn't help that a 310lber planted him right after. The tear could have easily happened there. So yeah, I'm pretty mad at Martin for running around out of control like a ******* and it may have resulted in us losing our only defensive player worth a damn. 100% senseless.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
It did look to me like Martin came full speed, initiated contact, extended his arms, and just buried him into the ground. Everyone is saying his knee buckled right before Martin got there, which may be true, but it probably didn't help that a 310lber planted him right after. The tear could have easily happened there. So yeah, I'm pretty mad at Martin for running around out of control like a ******* and it may have resulted in us losing our only defensive player worth a damn. 100% senseless.
That makes no sense. They were all going the same speed. Lee's knee buckled. Nothing more too it. Looking at the play, even if they had pads on it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

You're just frustrated and want to blame someone.
BroadcasterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:35 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol @ "pretty mad at Martin"...

as if Lee was gonna play 16 games this season anyways. He's mr. Glass...pads...no pads...full speed, camp speed...doesn't matter...The dude hasn't played a full season his entire career.

I hope Martin contributes greatly and uses that same tenacity to maul linebackers all year. I can't and won't fault him whatsoever....It's football...
I've torn my ACL playing football...somebody fell into my knee and it buckled inwards. **** happens. Nobody's fault.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 05-28-2014 at 09:39 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:33 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trying to get over my PTSLID (Post-Traumatic Sean Lee Injury Depression) i'm really getting excited about this offense.

In fact, I really don't see how this offense alone shouldn't carry us to 10-6 or better, and here is my logic for that. Think about the past 5-7 years, and look at teams like the Colts, Saints, and Packers. They've had GARBAGE defenses, and still have 12-4, 13-3 type seasons. Now, i'm not saying our offense is going to be that good. However, I really do think it's going to be good enough to get us 9 or 10 wins.

Now it's up to Marinelli to see if he can will this defense to become something respectable.
BroadcasterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:19 PM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Saints, Colts and Packers had something you're missing.
tmljeh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post
What's that?
Old 05-29-2014, 11:25 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadcasterC View Post
Trying to get over my PTSLID (Post-Traumatic Sean Lee Injury Depression) i'm really getting excited about this offense.

In fact, I really don't see how this offense alone shouldn't carry us to 10-6 or better, and here is my logic for that. Think about the past 5-7 years, and look at teams like the Colts, Saints, and Packers. They've had GARBAGE defenses, and still have 12-4, 13-3 type seasons. Now, i'm not saying our offense is going to be that good. However, I really do think it's going to be good enough to get us 9 or 10 wins.

Now it's up to Marinelli to see if he can will this defense to become something respectable.
Last year we finished in the top 5 in scoring and still finished 8-8. This year we lost our 3 best defenders. I would love to see us win 10 games but I just cant see it. At this point a garbage D would be a step up for us.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 05-29-2014, 11:26 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What's that?
Here comes the Romo haters in 3..2..1

Old 05-29-2014, 11:30 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Here comes the Romo haters in 3..2..1
I feel like he's inferring great coaching...

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:34 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I feel like he's inferring great coaching...
That would make much more sense.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:56 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really trying to minimize the pain from the Sean Lee injury. He's the perfect player in every way except his health. The only consolation I can think of that this may give Holloman a big chance to shine. I keep thinking that he'll be the type of guy that's too good to keep off the field, and this opens up the door more for him. This also keeps Wilber safe on the strong side. People really under estimate how well he played there last year. Him, Holloman, and Carter might not be so bad.

But Lee man...I keep trying to block it out that it happened in suck a way that's not surprising, but I remember it randomly and think to myself, "Son of a *****!" If only there was some miracle PED that would keep his glass ass healthy.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:16 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never felt more pain from something that happened to a pro athlete than I felt reading about Lee. My lil bro is a college LB who's had 3 torn ACL's so as soon as I read what happened on the play with Lee, my heart sunk. I knew what it was instantly. I truly believe if he were ever healthy, Sean Lee would be viewed as the best ILB in the league. Dude is superhumanly good. It's not a loss we'll be able to easily survive.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
I've never felt more pain from something that happened to a pro athlete than I felt reading about Lee. My lil bro is a college LB who's had 3 torn ACL's so as soon as I read what happened on the play with Lee, my heart sunk. I knew what it was instantly. I truly believe if he were ever healthy, Sean Lee would be viewed as the best ILB in the league. Dude is superhumanly good. It's not a loss we'll be able to easily survive.
Pretty much this. The awesome news for Dallas, and Lee for that matter, is that he is an outstanding professional. The day AFTER getting hurt he was on site coaching up Hitchens and the rest of the LBs. Garrett said Lee plans on being at all meetings and every practice. Physically he's also diligent so he'll be pushing the timelines to play again. Just sucks because as you said when healthy he's been one of the best, if not the best, MLB/ILBs in the league.

People drummed up that Dallas was going to sign a veteran MLB but team sources have said "none" in both 'top' media options in Urlacher and Vilma.

More sad injury notes though. L'Damian Washington suffered a shoulder injury and is expected to miss mandatory OTAs but be available for TC. Some concern of it being an AC joint issue.

Today's OTAs though have Durant at MLB, Claiborne has been starting opposite Carr, and the unicorn (Matt Johnson) has survived thus far but had muscle soreness and has been doing side work.... here we go again?

Old 06-02-2014, 01:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

The unicorn.... hahahahaha

:( on L'Damian
Old 06-03-2014, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Mo, Crawford, and Bishop playing very well. Hearing that Crawford is a nightmare and is making his presence felt across the line. Really happy to read that Mo is playing well.

Quote:
Morris Claiborne was back on the practice field after working just in individual drills last week. Claiborne lined up at right cornerback when the defense went to their nickel package and he did a nice job of working against Dez Bryant, handling him up the field. He was also in nice position to defend Bryant on the slant.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Mo, Crawford, and Bishop playing very well. Hearing that Crawford is a nightmare and is making his presence felt across the line. Really happy to read that Mo is playing well.
Getting daily practice against Dez is going to prepare Mo well. Hope he can keep it up. We need him to breakout this year.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Getting daily practice against Dez is going to prepare Mo well. Hope he can keep it up. We need him to breakout this year.
Yeah if our secondary improves (especially the scheme) we'll be better than last year provided we aren't starting street FAs on the line again. Healthy waves of "lesser" talented guys would be an improvement over 1-arm Ware (:( I still hate losing him), Beast Hatcher, and the street haul'ns.

Supposedly Carter has been taking extra time in the film room and the team is expecting it all to "click" for him this year hence him getting zero looks at MLB. At least in Tampa-2 and it's disciples replacing an MLB is A LOT easier than replacing your WLB.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:18 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Mo was supposedly playing awesome in training camp last year before he got injured. Let's hope that he can keep it up. It's early and without pads, but it's nice to hear about young guys playing well in practice when there isn't any other news until training camp.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote