Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 06-27-2014, 10:02 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Leary wasn't suspended for any games so thats good.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:49 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess we traded a 6th for Rolando McClain and a 7th. Low risk I suppose but not exactly a RKG.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I guess we traded a 6th for Rolando McClain and a 7th. Low risk I suppose but not exactly a RKG.
Interesting... he has 1st round talent but was over-drafted in the top 10. He has a ten cent head on his shoulders though which is shocking that we touched him. Only really see him as a SLB though in our scheme. Cover-2 MLBs are asked to drop pretty deep and I don't see the speed.

Huge potential reward and a trade down from 6th to 7th is an extremely low risk. I can dig it if Garrett signed off on his character. I imagine he made quite a few calls to his buddy Nick Saban.

He really is an absolute moron though for the off-the-field stuff.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Desperation. Hopefully that's not a theme for us this year.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 6th is actually a conditional 6th. If he doesn't play for us (or doesn't play much) it will won't even cost that.

Quote:
Clarence Hill @clarencehilljr · 14h
the sixth round pick the cowboys are giving up to ravens is a conditional pick based on play time

Old 07-02-2014, 11:32 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
The 6th is actually a conditional 6th. If he doesn't play for us (or doesn't play much) it will won't even cost that.
I heard hes been enrolled at 'Bama and Saban may have given Garrett a call. Doesnt hurt to take a look. Hope hes humble and hungry.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 07-02-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:35 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since when have Garrett and Nick Saban been "buddies"? I'd think Saban doesn't really care much for Jason Garrett, he doesn't seem to appreciate stupid football.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think them trading for McClain just means that they're trying to get as many bodies in at MLB this year in camp. You've got Durant, Hitchens, and now McClain before potentially moving Holloman around to the center. I think it's like when they got Okoye. I think it's just another body that is a low risk flyer on someone that was once highly touted and fell off. I'm glad that it's conditional. If he sucks he'll cost nothing, and at best he costs a low pick anyway.

At least it's some kind of news though. Can't wait until training camp gets here. Football is so close to coming back that I'm feenin like a crackhead.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:31 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Since when have Garrett and Nick Saban been "buddies"? I'd think Saban doesn't really care much for Jason Garrett, he doesn't seem to appreciate stupid football.
Since they coached together in Miami would be my guess.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Since they coached together in Miami would be my guess.
Garrett reportedly talks to him on the phone and talking to him in person when he has scouted in person. They worked together so I don't think it's a big stretch to believe those reports.

More good news on that trade:

Quote:
According to Archer's sources, there are multiple conditions which will impact the actual assets that exchange hands.

*If McClain is on the 53-man roster for more than five games OR on the 46-man roster for more than three games in 2014, AND the Cowboys have a WORSE record than Baltimore in 2014, the two teams will swap seventh-round picks in the 2016 draft.

*If McClain plays more than 50% of the Cowboys defensive snaps in 2014, Dallas would give up their sixth-round pick in 2015, and receive a 2015 seventh-round pick from Baltimore.

*If McClain is on the 53-man roster for fewer than five games AND on the 46-man roster for fewer than three games in 2014, the Cowboys have a BETTER record than Baltimore in 2014, Dallas gives up nothing.

*If McClain plays less than 50% of the Cowboys defensive snaps in 2014, AND the Cowboys have a BETTER record than Baltimore in 2014, Dallas gives up nothing.
So if he becomes a starter we gave up a 6th for him and a 7th. If he is a backup we either swap 7ths or nothing. In any case he has zero guaranteed salary so this is an extremely low risk (if any risk) move that could provide a rotational LB. Considering the options I don't mind Dallas taking a low risk swing for the fences.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
It's well documented that Saban thinks highly of Garrett.

But I TOTALLY get where you're coming from.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Garrett reportedly talks to him on the phone and talking to him in person when he has scouted in person. They worked together so I don't think it's a big stretch to believe those reports.

More good news on that trade:

So if he becomes a starter we gave up a 6th for him and a 7th. If he is a backup we either swap 7ths or nothing. In any case he has zero guaranteed salary so this is an extremely low risk (if any risk) move that could provide a rotational LB. Considering the options I don't mind Dallas taking a low risk swing for the fences.
Thanks Trog!

What if Marinelli turns McClain into our George Selvie story of 2014! YAY!
Old 07-09-2014, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McClain could be a very good pickup for us. He is going to be coming in with much lower expectations than he had coming out of college, even lower than he had going to Baltimore. I would Bet he somehow figures a way to crack the starting lineup with the talent the guy has.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:57 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't done a prediction in a long time.

My 2014 prediction is that JJ Wilcox is going to be a big time difference maker this year. Some inspiration for the prediction.

Wilcox has a lot to prove in year 2 and I can't wait to see him live again. He was just a bit slow reacting last year...this year I fully expect to see him flying around the field. He reminds me a bit of Chancellor for the Seahawks. Once he gets his assignments and reads down..he can bring the pain.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Hope you're right. We will need every bit of good effort from everyone.

The wind is still taken out of my sail from the Sean Lee injury.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:15 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Any interest in Lipford, the LB out of NC, in tomorrow's supplemental draft? Maybe a 6th or 7th could get him?

Old 07-09-2014, 04:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Any interest in Lipford, the LB out of NC, in tomorrow's supplemental draft? Maybe a 6th or 7th could get him?
Never heard of him. Is he supposed to be pretty good?
Old 07-09-2014, 05:24 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Never heard of him. Is he supposed to be pretty good?
Not sure either. Just saw this about him.

Quote:
1. Darius Lipford, OLB, North Carolina (6th-7th) – Cowboys*, Bucs, Vikings, Jaguars
After starting one game and playing in 11 as a freshman in 2010 and being the team’s full-time started in 2011 at strong side linebacker, Darius Lipford tore his ACL in the team’s bowl game in early 2012, forcing him to miss the entire 2012 season. Once he returned in 2013, he played in 10 games, mostly as the team’s “Bandit” linebacker, playing more defensive end/pass-rusher roles than a regular 4-3 strong side linebacker. Despite the injury concerns and somewhat out of place position, Lipford showed plus explosiveness on the edge and when stunting as a rusher, with the requisite bend and balance during his leg drive and while engaged. Also with plus length for an NFL strong side linebacker and plus in-space athleticism to breakdown and finish as a tackler, he has the upside to contribute situationally early in his NFL career and can certainly add a good, not elite, athlete to a team’s special teams unit. He’s the most likely draft pick of the class in my opinion, and I think a team like the Dallas Cowboys would love to scoop him up and battle in training camp.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:48 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Roster....

I know it's early and Training Camp is a few weeks away, but always nice to stop seeing who we like for certain positions. We always want all players to make the team, but that not going to happen. So just for the fun of it I am going to make some players who I am rooting for. JUST for FUN. I won't do all positions, but just some for fun.

CB (5)
Carr
Claribourne
Scandrick
Terence Mitchell (R)
Phillips (R)

I like Sterling Moore, but I don't think the team thinks he's anybody special. I think Patmom goes on PS.

Safety (5)
Church
Wilcox
Hamilton
Dixon (R)
Johnson (if he gets injured...Heath gets in)

I think Health was serviceable....but position is getting getter players now. Maybe one PS player

WR (6)
Bryant
Williams
Harris
Beaseley
Street
Washington

I think we keep Washington.....as a 6th. I think Boyd will make PS..but I have strange feeling Cleveland is going to be searching waiver wire.

DL (10)
Bass
Crawford
Gardner
Lawrence
Mincy
Selvie
Coleman
McClain
Melton
Bishop

Chris Whaley (IR) Anybody tell me Knee is still issue

I think they go with 10....if they go 11 I think Hayden..I like him but we have more talent. Spence will be PUP.....

Please comments please...
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Been so out of it.. I don't know how to comment properly. We just need people to step up on defense.. and the offense has to flex it's damn muscles.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:17 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

This started to wet my palate!

Safety Barry Church is as close as it comes to a sure thing on a Dallas Cowboys’ defense that has a whole bunch of question marks.

What does Church expect from some of the most prominent question marks around him? He provided his answers during a Tuesday appearance on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM.

Church
On J.J. Wilcox: “Just an explosive playmaker. Those are the words that come to my mind when I think of him. This whole offseason, he was all over the place -- getting interceptions, locking up tight ends -- so I feel like he’s going to be a big playmaker for us on the back end. I’m excited to see what he can bring to the table this season.”

On Bruce Carter: “Definitely with the loss of Sean Lee, it’s time for him to step up and be that focal point of the defense, and I feel like he’ll be able to do that. He’s making a lot of the checks out there. He’s the head of the huddle for the defense, so I feel like this offseason really generated a lot of confidence for him, and I feel like going into the season that’s going to work for him. He’s going to get better and better as the season progresses.”

On Morris Claiborne: “To me, he’s had the best offseason out of anybody in our secondary and anybody on our defense. He’s turned his body around. He’s completely focused. Before, I would have to give him the check for the defense a couple of times. Now, I’m just like, ‘Boom, here’s the call,’ and he’s ready to roll. ... Now you’re starting to see some of the productivity he can bring to our defense.”

On Brandon Carr: “I expect him to live up to that contract, and I know he will. He’s been putting in a lot of work this offseason. Me and him especially have working on our footwork drills, man-to-man drills and lifting together and running together. I feel like he’s got just a whole new focus going into this season. He wants to, like he said earlier in one of his interviews, take over the league. I feel like he can be one of those top-3 corners in the NFL. I feel like he’ll show everybody this year. I definitely have the faith in him to live up to that contract, and I know he will.”

On DeMarcus Lawrence: “Definitely, it’ll take some time. DeMarcus Ware, he’s a one-of-a-kind guy. It’s definitely going to take more than one year to replace a guy like that, but DeMarcus Lawrence has got the talent. He’s been out there working against one of the best offensive tackles in the game in Tyron Smith every day in practice. He’s taken a couple of lumps from him, but he’s definitely won some of those battles, too. That definitely shows me that he has the talent, and he has the will to do it. We’ve just got to see what he can do when the pads come on, but I definitely see a productive guy in DeMarcus Lawrence.”
Old 07-21-2014, 04:43 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

13 days away from footballs in the air....Finally!!

Heard we signed Dez Brisco. A long shot to make the team but he was a stud at Kansas from what I remember. We'll see.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:17 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been patiently waiting for training camp by playing Cowboys quizzes on this app called QuizUp. Have any of y'all heard of it before? It's basically an app that lets you play quizzes in different categories against people across the world, and you can even challenge your friends too. There is a Cowboys quiz in the football section, and it's full of different questions about their history. If you have an iPhone or Android you should download it. It's helped me get my football fix before training camp this Thursday.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone else find themselves staring at E-Man's avatar? I can't get over Murray doing that.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:24 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Some things you just cant make up

Quote:
Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 36m
So Jason Garrett abolishes conditioning test to avoid injury. The players do it anyway. Ron Leary gets hurt. #leadership