Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-28-2014, 04:29 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Hearing McClain & The Unicorn's injuries are minor. Should be good to go :)

Cowboy Nation said that during RB vs LB pass drills that Dunbar is absolutely electric. Also a ton of praise for Escobar who has snatched the "move" TE in 2-TE sets. Lining up in the slot, outside WR, inline, and in the backfield.

Lots of mentions of the 21 set (2 RB 1 TE). With Murray as the hammer (between the tackles) and Dunbar the scatback.

Have a feeling we are going to love Linehan's offense. I don't mind if we keep throwing the ball 40 times a game if 10 of them are to Murray/Dunbar/Escobar on digs, swings, shoots, and flats. They are essentially 99% completions and get the playmakers in space.
Assuming the offense stays healthy and Garrett actually gives Linehan control, our offense should be borderline unstoppable.

Think the lions with a much better OL and TE's, and a smarter QB. RB and WR is basically a wash. I personally think Romo is way better than Stafford, just my opinion.

If some young guys can just step up on defense......
BroadcasterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:57 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Things that make you say hmmmmmm

Quote:
Dez Bryant ‏@DezBryant 51m
I would rather you say I don't want to pay you what you deserve instead of saying I'm not a top 5 wr in this league lol so disrespectful

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Things that make you say hmmmmmm
He was responding to an article some clowns posted on bleacher report. It has nothing to do with the actual Cowboys organization, Jerry, Stephen, or any of that.

Please. Dez is a career Cowboy besides maybe those twilight years in his mid-late 30's when he still wants to play but the Cowboys decide to move on. There is no way in hell Jerry lets him walk.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:22 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadcasterC View Post
He was responding to an article some clowns posted on bleacher report. It has nothing to do with the actual Cowboys organization, Jerry, Stephen, or any of that.

Please. Dez is a career Cowboy besides maybe those twilight years in his mid-late 30's when he still wants to play but the Cowboys decide to move on. There is no way in hell Jerry lets him walk.
Oh ok. I wasnt sure what he was talking about. Thought it was very odd. Thanks for the info.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 07-28-2014, 07:24 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hearing Rolando McClain has been a nice surprise so far. I'm not going to drink the Kool-aid on that one just yet, but if his head is on straight (big IF) he has the talent to make an impact.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:43 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Hearing Rolando McClain has been a nice surprise so far. I'm not going to drink the Kool-aid on that one just yet, but if his head is on straight (big IF) he has the talent to make an impact.
The better he is the better it makes things without Lee. Hitchens was drafted decently high for that job, but they wouldn't want to thrust a rookie in that job if they can't help it. If McClain ends up being a Marc Columbo type steal it could ease the pain of Sean Lee's constant injuries. I'm not holding my breath, but at least they have about 4 options on what to do. Either Durant holds it down, McClain surprises, Hitchens steps up more than we predicted, or they just throw Holloman in there and he goes crazy making plays.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:18 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jakar Hamilton ladies and gentlemen.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to be excited about him. I really do. *Please turn into something good* #crossingfingers
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both Ware and Hatcher injured during the first round of TC. Can you imagine the howls and shrieks if we had resigned them in their advancing age? :P

Also LOVE this from Melton.

Quote:
Cowboys DT Henry Melton on beating rookie RG Zack Martin: "I just had to let him know I’m here and it’s going to be a long training camp."

[continuing]

"He's good," Melton said. "I purposely line myself up with him. He's coming on strong. If I'm working with him, he's making me better and I'm making him better. There's no one else better to work with."

Old 07-29-2014, 08:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeMarcus Lawrence carted off during practice today

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
DeMarcus Lawrence carted off during practice today

The first of many many more I suspect. Can we just have our guys play Madden to sharpen up their football skills and be ready for the season?
Old 07-29-2014, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Good news is they are saying ankle and not knee thus far. Walking wounded though...

Old 07-30-2014, 05:02 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Good news is they are saying ankle and not knee thus far. Walking wounded though...
Broken foot, out 8-10 weeks

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:10 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you know Jerry Jones wasted a high pick. Timmy jernigan isn't ***** made.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Martin was an excellent draft pick though. Dallas is quietly building one of the best OLs in the league.

Defense is going to be historically bad but they're in rebuilding mode anyway. Building up the OL is a good start.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:46 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Martin was a good pick. Trading up with a division rival and over paying for Lawrence was typical Jerry though.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
What do you know Jerry Jones wasted a high pick. Timmy jernigan isn't ***** made.
DAMNIT JERRY WHY COULDN'T YOU SEE INTO THE FUTURE AND KNOW HE WAS GOING TO GET INJURED. GAWD. WE ALL KNOW THE FEW MONTHS ARE THE IDEAL TIME FOR GRADING.

I was not a fan of the trade up but he was graded as a first round DE when we were going to start a rotation of George Selvie and Jeremy Mincey. Can hardly fault them for attempting to patch the massive hole on the defensive line.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:33 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This defense is going to be worse than it was last year.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:50 AM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Martin was an excellent draft pick though. Dallas is quietly building one of the best OLs in the league.

Defense is going to be historically bad but they're in rebuilding mode anyway. Building up the OL is a good start.
I laugh at all of these people who think this team is going to give up 700 yards and 50+ points every game. It's just not going to happen.

Everyone is going to be shocked (although they shouldn't) when this defense is average and the offense carries this team to 10-6 or better.

THEY CAN'T BE WORSE THAN LAST YEAR. It's just not going to happen. Whether it's young guys stepping up, Rod Marinelli coaching his ass off, or just blind luck, they defense is going to be better. It's just the law of averages. It has more young talent than people think.

I'm not trying to be a Cowboys homer, they're just not going to be that bad. Just watch.

Anyone who wants to make a paypal bet that this defense will be ranked between 15-24 in both yards and points allowed, please DM me.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:06 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I laugh at all of these people who think this team is going to give up 700 yards and 50+ points every game. It's just not going to happen.

Everyone is going to be shocked (although they shouldn't) when this defense is average and the offense carries this team to 10-6 or better.

THEY CAN'T BE WORSE THAN LAST YEAR. It's just not going to happen. Whether it's young guys stepping up, Rod Marinelli coaching his ass off, or just blind luck, they defense is going to be better. It's just the law of averages. It has more young talent than people think.

I'm not trying to be a Cowboys homer, they're just not going to be that bad. Just watch.

Anyone who wants to make a paypal bet that this defense will be ranked between 15-24 in both yards and points allowed, please DM me.
Law of averages...

At least we have the law of averages on our side guys!
Old 07-30-2014, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dang Son! We doing paypal bets?! **** is getting real around here.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:27 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Law of averages...

At least we have the law of averages on our side guys!
This is the NFL. They aren't going to give up 500+ yards a game. It's just not going to happen.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:21 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Tyron was signed to an extension today. Haven't seen the details yet but at least some much needed good news.

8 year extension so he's in the books for 10 years and $109M. He will only be 33 when that contract is up.

Last edited by pocketaces : 07-30-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Love the optimism! We need this. I've been down on our defense and it has killed my hope for this season.

All my optimism is based on our offense. If they can outscore guys, then I think that will be our recipe to any success this year.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Dang Son! We doing paypal bets?! **** is getting real around here.
Paul is here? Now we real son! Happy happy! Please stay.