Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-30-2014, 02:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Tyron was signed to an extension today. Haven't seen the details yet but at least some much needed good news
Sure is nice. He would get more after this dominant season this offense will have this season. Hopefully Dez gets his soon.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:02 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Sure is nice. He would get more after this dominant season this offense will have this season. Hopefully Dez gets his soon.
Don't know if you saw my edit...locked up for 10 years at 109M. 5 years from now that will look like a steal. Dez will get his. He's next..

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:09 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
What do you know Jerry Jones wasted a high pick. Timmy jernigan isn't ***** made.
Way too early to make assessments like this. It's not like the guy is out for the season, and it's his rookie season. A lot can happen in the next 5 years. If the guy busts by then you'd have a point, but him getting hurt early means nothing besides that he got hurt. The same thing could happen to Jernigan.

Quote:
Tyron was signed to an extension today. Haven't seen the details yet but at least some much needed good news.

8 year extension so he's in the books for 10 years and $109M. He will only be 33 when that contract is up.
Great deal! I'm glad that he's locked up. That's one less thing to worry about for the future.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:27 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Love the optimism! We need this. I've been down on our defense and it has killed my hope for this season.

All my optimism is based on our offense. If they can outscore guys, then I think that will be our recipe to any success this year.
As down as i am on the D, I'm just as excited about the offense. They should put up fireworks and at least be able to keep us in any game. At least as a fan, I'd rather see the exciting offense than go through what Jets fans have come to expect under Rex, even with the good D.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:28 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyron will be here for the next decade. The 108 million looks like a huge figure, but when you factor in the spread it's actually a pretty good deal for us.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't know if you saw my edit...locked up for 10 years at 109M. 5 years from now that will look like a steal. Dez will get his. He's next..
That really IS a great deal! $40M guaranteed is nothing when you consider the length of the deal. I love the long deal for him. I'm happy for Tyron and happy for the Cowboys! Wooohooo!
Old 07-30-2014, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That 10 year deal is stupidly good for the team. The salary cap inevitably going to climb and we'll have the best LT in the business on super cheap (comparatively) deal. Stephen's contract work is absolutely stellar.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
That 10 year deal is stupidly good for the team. The salary cap inevitably going to climb and we'll have the best LT in the business on super cheap (comparatively) deal. Stephen's contract work is absolutely stellar.
It's as good as any realistic fan can expect. I thought the Melton deal was amazing. He's made the hard tough decisions too. Hatcher, Ware... but the right "football" decisions. Good stuff for Cowboys fans.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:32 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's as good as any realistic fan can expect. I thought the Melton deal was amazing. He's made the hard tough decisions too. Hatcher, Ware... but the right "football" decisions. Good stuff for Cowboys fans.
Indeed. Get Dez locked up and then draft the hell out of defense and out next 4-5 years should be full of playoffs.
BroadcasterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:41 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welp, Mo left practice with a twisted knee. Unreal.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:37 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has been really fun watching the development of Tyron. I remember he was so young when he got drafted and he had his ups and downs but that experience he got at an early age was very beneficial. I love the 3 first round picks on the line, not just the players but the pedigree they bring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:45 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Mo is fine according to Spags. Mo's been having a nice camp so far. INT today. We need him to break out this season.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:02 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Stephen Jones: 'Working hard' on Dez deal

OXNARD, Calif. – Left tackle Tyron Smith’s $110 million contract extension has no impact on the Dallas Cowboys’ negotiations with Dez Bryant.

Bryant
Bryant
The Cowboys have long hoped to reach long-term extensions with their two premier young talents before their rookie deals for Smith and Bryant expire after this season. They are halfway there after Smith signed to become the highest-paid left tackle in the league.

The Cowboys consider it a matter of when, not if, they lock up Bryant to a long-term deal.

“It wouldn’t have surprised me if Dez would have gotten done first,” Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said. “We’re working hard to do something with Dez. We’re totally committed to make Dez a Cowboy for life as well. Certainly in our plans from Day 1 when we started figuring out our cap this year was to figure out a way to get Dez and Tyron extended.”

Sources told ESPNDallas.com that Bryant and the Cowboys were not close to a deal when the team reported to training camp last week. Jones declined to say Wednesday whether he thought the team could reach a deal with Bryant, who is due to make $1.78 million this season, before the beginning of the regular season.

“I don’t guess on when things get done. I’m positive about it, but I don’t guess when things might get done.”

Jones said it was “fair” for Smith to ask to be the league’s highest-paid left tackle. That’s what it took to sign Smith this summer.

Bryant believes he deserves to be ranked among the top five highest-paid receivers, putting him in the $12 million per year range, which would be the cost of using the franchise tag to keep him next season. Jones declined comment when asked if that was a fair request, citing a policy to not comment on negotiations until they’re done.

"It feels good to know that things are being talked about, but I'm going to let it take care of itself," Bryant told ESPNDallas.com last week. "I feel like as long as I take care of business on that field, the rest will be taken care of."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...rd-on-dez-deal
Old 07-31-2014, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They've also said, and Dez has said, they expect him to be a Cowboy for life. Strong statements from both sides a deal will get done.

In camp news supposedly Tyler Clutts is dominating the FB battle. J.C. Copeland has looked atrocious in blitz pickup including missing an untouched blitzer which resulted in the RB coach stopping play to scream at him.

Frederick has been demoralizing rushers. In two straight drills he pancaked the defender after ragdolling them to the ground.

And finally... Mike Pope is the most awesome TE coach of all time. So far in camp he's had the TE catching drills in awful conditions. First without shirts, then he added ice water being thrown on them before the catch, then he added transparent bags to their heads to reduce visibility. Essentially: There is ZERO reason to drop the damn ball now.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:50 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must say I am impressed with Dez's loyalty and actually wanting to be with one team for his career.

Did he grow up a Cowboys fan?
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I must say I am impressed with Dez's loyalty and actually wanting to be with one team for his career.

Did he grow up a Cowboys fan?
Yeah it was his dream to play for Dallas. When we drafted him he said he was never leaving.

Also it is hilarious to read anything Dallas related in the Pro Football forum. It immediately turns into our division rivals piling on. See: Tyron Smith contract thread. Starts off about money and immediately 'Skins fan turns it into "my daddy could beat up your daddy".

Still can't believe the steal of a deal we got with Tyron.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:03 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah it was his dream to play for Dallas. When we drafted him he said he was never leaving.

Also it is hilarious to read anything Dallas related in the Pro Football forum. It immediately turns into our division rivals piling on. See: Tyron Smith contract thread. Starts off about money and immediately 'Skins fan turns it into "my daddy could beat up your daddy".

Yeah that Smith contract is a stroke of pure genius, I bash the management plenty, but locking up a 23 year old All Pro LT for a decade at below market value is the smartest thing this franchise has done in 10 years. Leaves more money for Bryant as well. I do believe Smith will hold out at some point though once it becomes clear how underpaid he will be in a few years.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yeah that Smith contract is a stroke of pure genius, I bash the management plenty, but locking up a 23 year old All Pro LT for a decade at below market value is the smartest thing this franchise has done in 10 years. Leaves more money for Bryant as well. I do believe Smith will hold out at some point though once it becomes clear how underpaid he will be in a few years.
I think Garrett's emphasis on drafting high character players will be reflective in the contracts they agree to. Less hold outs and contract issues. Overall we really haven't had that under Garrett and I wouldn't expect it to start. We had Ratliff but he was a Parcells guy. Tyron has always been a humble guy. I think he honors his contract.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:22 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Quote:
I think Garrett's emphasis on drafting high character players will be reflective in the contracts they agree to. Less hold outs and contract issues. Overall we really haven't had that under Garrett and I wouldn't expect it to start. We had Ratliff but he was a Parcells guy. Tyron has always been a humble guy. I think he honors his contract.
I want to believe that, but in 5 years when less talented LTs are making much more than he does, I won't even blame him for a holdout to be paid fairly.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I want to believe that, but in 5 years when less talented LTs are making much more than he does, I won't even blame him for a holdout to be paid fairly.
Holding out is just a means of getting through training camp without practicing. Ultimately, they all end up playing. Missing pay checks is not something they love to do... and not playing well when they do play only further justifies not needing to pay them. Hold outs only work out sometimes.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:53 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Quote:
Holding out is just a means of getting through training camp without practicing. Ultimately, they all end up playing. Missing pay checks is not something they love to do... and not playing well when they do play only further justifies not needing to pay them. Hold outs only work out sometimes.
I despise holdouts, but as I said I won't blame him if he does.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I despise holdouts, but as I said I won't blame him if he does.
I know what you mean. I just don't think Smith is that type of character. He could surprise me and if he did, I certainly would blame him.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

This makes me very excited. Also - TWill is awesome.

Quote:
Player of the Day: Mo Claiborne. Only Dez can get the better of him. Had an interception. Locked down Terrance Williams. Fighting hard

Man of the Day: Terrance Williams. Spent 2 hours yesterday signing autographs. Was still autographing today when I left, even after poor day

Old 07-31-2014, 05:01 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

We don't have to worry about that then because this is my daddy, and nobody can beat him up:

Old 07-31-2014, 06:30 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Sadly Brandon Carr's mother passed today. Hopefully he gets all the support he needs to help get him through the pain of losing a parent.