Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-23-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
CT’s Favorites

QB Kevin Kolb
RB Marshawn Lynch
WR Ted Ginn Jr.

TE Scott Chandler
OT Ryan Harris
OG Justin Blalock
C Kyle Young
DE Quentin Moses
DT Amobi Okoye
OLB none
MLB Patrick Willis
S LaRon Landry
CB Chris Houston
For the senior bowl?
lol no, those are just my favorite overall prospects in this years NFL Draft.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew Stanton - Looks like a Romo clone with better physical traits
Kolby Smith - Is a nice idea at RB if one of our backs leaves...impressed me alot.
Adam Carriker - a stud...don't know if we should use another first round pick on a DE but he is dominate.
Stewart Bradley - Could be a nice SOLB with coverage skills
James Marten - Seemingly everyones favorite..a physical hardnosed OT whats not to like.
Josh Wilson - Aaron Glenn clone
Lorenzo Booker - Good speed and hands outta the backfield..more talented Tyson Thompson?
Dwayne Bowe - Would have solid value at 22 at this point.
Johnnie Lee Higgins - future glenn?
Brandon Meriweather - the only playmaker at the safety position in this senior bowl.
Quentin Moses - my darkhorse really think he is a good compliment to ware
Arron Sears - a tank be a great RG
Tank Tyler - IDK if i like him...not a true impact NT
Josh Beekman - hasn't really showed me anything
Mason Crosby - big leg
Daymeion Hughes - a stud...top of my big board.
Marcus McCauley - ever puts it together will be a player
Paul Posluszny - really think he could be a player on the inside

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

At this point last year it seemed like most of us were already on board with the Bobby Carpenter. Is it just me or does this year seem a lot harder to project than past years for the Cowboys. I know it's still early in the process and we will know more when a head coach is hired it just seems like none of us are really on the same page quite yet.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At this point last year it seemed like most of us were already on board with the Bobby Carpenter. Is it just me or does this year seem a lot harder to project than past years for the Cowboys. I know it's still early in the process and we will know more when a head coach is hired it just seems like none of us are really on the same page quite yet.
Knowing whos doing the drafting is a big factor. As well as who we are talking to....we know neither which is why we have no idea who we will be going after.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-23-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though T.O. is an ass and is pretty much digging his grave deeper and deeper everyday, I still like him and would like him back but, if he is let go.......

I honestly believe Pat Crayton is ready to be the #1. I know many of you don't see him as a #1 kind of guy but, I personally do, I think he could be big time if you know what I mean. He's not the fastest but, he is an exceptional route runner with the best hands on our team. I think he's ready.

On a bit of a side discussion... i pray our new coach will keep around two of Parcells "young guns". Of course I am talking about Miles Austin and Sammy Hurd, they both contributed a lot to our team this season and I believe they each possess the skills to become great receivers in this league.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's gonna be one of those Jerry Jones drafts again I fear. Hopefully he learned a thing or two from BP.

A prospect I will be keeping an eye on, Jacob Jones. 2nd day reputation, 1st round measurables. Not sure if he's at the SB, I gotta check the roster again.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Even though T.O. is an ass and is pretty much digging his grave deeper and deeper everyday, I still like him and would like him back but, if he is let go.......

I honestly believe Pat Crayton is ready to be the #1. I know many of you don't see him as a #1 kind of guy but, I personally do, I think he could be big time if you know what I mean. He's not the fastest but, he is an exceptional route runner with the best hands on our team. I think he's ready.

On a bit of a side discussion... i pray our new coach will keep around two of Parcells "young guns". Of course I am talking about Miles Austin and Sammy Hurd, they both contributed a lot to our team this season and I believe they each possess the skills to become great receivers in this league.
Sam Hurd is actually #2 on the depth chart behind Owens as the number 1 WR. Crayton plays a whole different position. Not saying he can't play the 1...but at this point with the current depth chart Hurd would be the 1.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-23-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I am a little skeptical of Hurd, he had great catch agianst the Texans and a solid Preseason, but it wouldn't kill me if he cut or released. But he is a stud on special teams coveage, I do like that.

As for Austin, I'm with everybody else on that. A stud, who just needs time.

I have all the confidence in the world in Crayton. He has great hands and is tough. I love him.

TO is a grade A a-hole, I want him out. Don't care about the benefits or his production at this point. I don't want him representing our team.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay so i've been meaning to ask....

Where do we all stand with Romo?

Personally, i am fully behind him and believe he will be our QB for the next 10 years or so. I know a lot of you became a little wary of him by seasons end so, I wanted to see where you guys stand.

Going into the off-season I find it completely useless to waste a first day pick on a Stanton or a Kolb (probably a mid-late 4th rounder as of now). Actually, I think it would be a mistake to draft any QB for that matter. I say we get a vet backup in here and go with the two QB route once again.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-24-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:

Sam Hurd is actually #2 on the depth chart behind Owens as the number 1 WR. Crayton plays a whole different position. Not saying he can't play the 1...but at this point with the current depth chart Hurd would be the 1.
I know Crayton is behind Glenn as the #2 RWR and Hurd is on the left behind Owens but, given a T.O. release, I'm sure Crayton would switch over to the left again. He has played all receiver positions at one point and he has played well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-24-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

D-Unit has his little club with Mike Singletary and that’s all good but I want to get in on this, just not with Singletary.

I am jumping on the Wade Philips along with Jason Garrett bandwagon now that my original favorite has said he has no interest in coaching the Cowboys.

Wade Philips would probably be the best and most realistic candidate to run our new 3-4 scheme and make it work. He is a guy who could get Ware to reach his potential. He can pull some strings to make this defense work, especially with all of the talent we have.

Not only can Wade run a good defense but his overall head coaching record is very underrated. Philips is 45-35 at two head coaching stops, and another intriguing note is that he was born in Texas.

At first I though Wade Philips is too old to rely on as he hits the big 60 in 2007 but then when I heard Jason Garrett, who is currently 40 years old would be brought in as the offensive coordinator and assistant head coach I started to think this might not be so bad.

Garrett is a former Cowboy who attended Princeton. He was 6-2 and around 200 pounds so his size is similar to that of Romo, and I feel like he would relate well to Tony. Garrett has been working as the quarterbacks coach in Miami and three teams have wanted to bring him in as the offensive coordinator but were denied by the Miami Dolphins to speak with him. Garrett is ready to make the jump to offensive coordinator and if the Cowboys like what they see while he is here, he could be a potential successor to Wade Philips.

Garrett was also a quarterback for the Giants while Sean Payton was there and it’s said Sean thinks very highly of him.

I think Philips and Garrett could be a good mixture of a bright offensive mind and a 3-4 defensive mind who knows how to use the talent we have.

So anybody want in?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
D-Unit has his little club with Mike Singletary and that’s all good but I want to get in on this, just not with Singletary.

I am jumping on the Wade Philips along with Jason Garrett bandwagon now that my original favorite has said he has no interest in coaching the Cowboys.

Wade Philips would probably be the best and most realistic candidate to run our new 3-4 scheme and make it work. He is a guy who could get Ware to reach his potential. He can pull some strings to make this defense work, especially with all of the talent we have.

Not only can Wade run a good defense but his overall head coaching record is very underrated. Philips is 45-35 at two head coaching stops, and another intriguing note is that he was born in Texas.

At first I though Wade Philips is too old to rely on as he hits the big 60 in 2007 but then when I heard Jason Garrett, who is currently 40 years old would be brought in as the offensive coordinator and assistant head coach I started to think this might not be so bad.

Garrett is a former Cowboy who attended Princeton. He was 6-2 and around 200 pounds so his size is similar to that of Romo, and I feel like he would relate well to Tony. Garrett has been working as the quarterbacks coach in Miami and three teams have wanted to bring him in as the offensive coordinator but were denied by the Miami Dolphins to speak with him. Garrett is ready to make the jump offensive coordinator and if the Cowboys like what they see while he is here, he could be a potential successor to Wade Philips.

Garrett was also a quarterback for the Giants while Sean Payton was there and it’s said Sean thinks very highly of him.

I think Philips and Garrett could be a good mixture of a bright offensive mind and a 3-4 defensive mind who knows how to use the talent we have.

So anybody want in?
your probably not even old enough to remember Garrett's clipboard holding ginger face.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-24-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
your probably not even old enough to remember Garrett's clipboard holding ginger face.
What does that have to do with anything? Why can't you be mature for once?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
What DOES that have to do with anything? I expect all of you to argue with some logic and respect.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm down with Wade but, I've never been a fan of Garrett. Like I said before, I'm really hoping Wade would bring along Greg Manusky. He has a phenominal football mind and is a man that is ready for a Coordinator position.

As for "big red" I dont really want him as our O coord, a smaller roll... sure but, I dont know if i want him calling the plays, not just yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-24-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Was I being immature?

The point is you say stuff like this...
Quote:
He was 6-2 and around 200 pounds so his size is similar to that of Romo, and I feel like he would relate well to Tony.
Garrett was nothing more then a smart player. He was really smart but never really had the physical skills to excel in a starting QB position. His play in no way/shape/form resembles the way Romo plays.

Quote:
Every coach liked Garrett. I mean a player with that type of smarts is pretty hard not to like. But outside of his smarts he really didn't give anything to coaches on the playing field.

You act like Garrett was a good QB in his day. This is why I come down on you questioning your true knowledge of Garrett as a qb. I mean you would think you would have had some prior knowledge to a person before jumping on the bandwagon as future dallas cowboys head coach.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-24-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Quote:
Quote:
What DOES that have to do with anything? I expect all of you to argue with some logic and respect.
Come on Ward do you honestly think I go after people and attack them without having logic to back it up? I would assume my past history would account for something when factoring in my posts.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-24-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I think this is the way to go boys...

Big Wade

Manusky

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-24-2007, 01:13 AM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just heard some talking head on ESPN say that Mike Martz was on Jerry Jones' wish list.

While I do take ESPN with a grain of salt, allow me to be the first to say "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
Old 01-24-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX
I just heard some talking head on ESPN say that Mike Martz was on Jerry Jones' wish list.

While I do take ESPN with a grain of salt, allow me to be the first to say "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
Double, Triple, Quadruple,
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

HELL NO, SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Big Wade

Manusky
I think we gotta go this:

Ron Rivera HC

He's got a lot to like... and throw in the Hispanic popularity he'll have in Dallas...

Mike Singletary DC

Anyway to get Mike on the team makes me happy. I honestly do question his experience.... still would love him in any capacity as HC or DC.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:16 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:

Big Wade

Manusky
I think we gotta go this:

Ron Rivera HC

He's got a lot to like... and throw in the Hispanic popularity he'll have in Dallas...

Mike Singletary DC

Anyway to get Mike on the team makes me happy. I honestly do question his experience.... still would love him in any capacity as HC or DC.
I'd be happy with that combo too.

As long as it doesnt involve this monstrosity.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-24-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I agree with you... Owens hasn't been a big distraction for us, imo.. The medias always try to makebig stuff out of him and so on.. Like the suicide attempt.. But he hasn't been a problem for me.. He supported his teammates, and he didn't go after his qb..

I don't think Crayton will ever been a #1.. He's a very good number 3, but he's not a wr who demands a double coverage.. Maybe he should be a good number 2 but noi number 1, other defenses will not gameplan against him..
Those are the things that TO brings to a team.. You can't replace his production easily, he has scored 13 TD with one broken finger and with Bledsoe as his QB for 5 games..
I think that TO, with Romo, was the biggest reason why we have a very good offense.. We could run effectively in part because of TO,beacuse other teams didn't put 8 men in the box..
Do you think that we can replace him with Crayton, Hurd or Austin and everything will be okay?
We should draft a guy to develope under him and Glenn, but we need a gamebreaker as TO..
And I don't believe he will be an issue this year.. He's over 30 and he knows that Dallas is his last chance to win a super bowl.. He can't freak out, because he wants so bad a ring..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:22 AM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Do I need to start a "Keep Martz out of Texas" petition?
Old 01-24-2007, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call me crazy, but I would welcome Martz with open arms. Offensive guru, and maybe he'd hire someone like Singletary as DC.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote