Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-24-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Have you seen Singletary in action at the Senior Bowl??? WOW. JUST WOW.
Yes, in fact I have, and he is a very good motivator on defense, but who says he is ready for head coach, and how is he going to run a good offense?
Old 01-24-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

I am beginning to pick out Singletary as my favorite for the head coaching position...although it would be pretty sweet to have him as a DC and someone with 3-4 experience as the HC...I like Jason Garrett as an OC, but not a HC yet.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thoughts are that we should get Singeltary as DC and Norv as HC while getting Garrett as OC

Norv at HC because he can bring in Mike who can be his sucessor in a year or two

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Dream coaching staff:

HC: Mike Singletary
OC: Josh McDaniels
DC: Greg Manusky

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
My Dream coaching staff:

HC: Mike Singletary
OC: Josh McDaniels
DC: Greg Manusky
I dont think we could hall in Manusky without a Phillips hiring. I really want him on our staff though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Quote:
Yes, in fact I have, and he is a very good motivator on defense, but who says he is ready for head coach, and how is he going to run a good offense?
He's simply doing the job he's assigned right there. If he was the HC, you'd see him be the same man, same motivator, same passion on offense as you see him having on defense.

How would he run a good offense? The most he'd ever have to contribute is say "Run" or "Pass". He can hire an assistant HC or give the OC a lot of slack... It's not like that's an issue... how he'd run an offense...

Wanna know who I'd grab for my OC??? Chris Petersen... Boise St.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw that someone had asked about Darren Woodson and it hadn't been answered

So that leads meto ask: Who is our DB coach and what is the possibility that DW wants to coach?

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys have received permission to speak with Wade Phillips, son of former NFL coach Bum Phillips, about their head coaching vacancy.

From Mobile, Ala., Phillips said he was not aware contact had been made. He would bring 30 years of NFL experience. He owns a 48-39 record as a head coach with New Orleans, Denver, Buffalo and Atlanta, however the stops with the Saints and Falcons were interim gigs.

He went 45-35 with the Broncos and Bills. He has spent the last three years running the San Diego defense, using the same 3-4 scheme as the Cowboys.

With Jason Garrett talking to the Cowboys about the head coaching and offensive coordinator jobs, it's not out of the realm of possibility Phillips could land the head job with Garrett as the coordinator.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys

So that leads meto ask: Who is our DB coach and what is the possibility that DW wants to coach?
We actually have a pretty darn good DB coach, Todd Bowles. The players seem to really like him. So, unless he's upgraded to DC, I don't see that happening. Actually, he also met with JJ about the Head Coaching job. Anyway, if Bowles is upgraded to DC (or HC), I dunno. I'm not really sure about it...

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

According to dallascowboys.com Parcells helped interview Garrett. Hopefully Jones will listen to Parcells opinions on HC. Parcells said he will be gone after Friday though.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman
According to dallascowboys.com Parcells helped interview Garrett. Hopefully Jones will listen to Parcells opinions on HC. Parcells said he will be gone after Friday though.
That's cool! Glad to see Parcells is not one to sever all ties with the Cowboys. ...guess that's the difference when you retire vs... getting fired.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:

We actually have a pretty darn good DB coach, Todd Bowles. The players seem to really like him. So, unless he's upgraded to DC, I don't see that happening. Actually, he also met with JJ about the Head Coaching job. Anyway, if Bowles is upgraded to DC (or HC), I dunno. I'm not really sure about it...
Mike MacIntyre is the safeties coach.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Senior Bowl updates on some of the guys I am enamored with, from Scott's notes:

Quote:
Paul Williams of Fresno St. faked Leon Hall out of his jock on a double move for a touchdown
Quote:
Along the offensive line Levi Brown of Penn St. is working hard, even coming out before practice started for some one-on-one coaching, and it's paying off because he's gotten better each day.
Quote:
As good as Rouse was Josh Wilson of Maryland was equally as bad, getting burnt on too many occasions to even count.
:(

Quote:
One of my favorite players in the draft, Eric Weddle of Utah, had another nice day and came through with a big interception in 11-on-11's near the end of practice that really got the coaches fired up.
Quote:
Dwayne Bowe of L.S.U. is still the class of not only the wide receiver position but really the entire team and that train just kept rolling today. In fact, the only person who has been able to stop Bowe is Bowe himself and that became very apparent to guys like Aaron Ross and A.J. Davis, who were both beaten repeatedly by the dominating receiver.
Quote:
Despite everything else the South practice was still the Dwayne Bowe Show and outside of a couple of drops he's simply been putting on a clinic this week.
Quote:
Chansi Stuckey of Clemson eats up ground quickly and made an outstanding one-handed catch despite good coverage by David Irons while Courtney Taylor of Auburn looked good as well.
Quote:
Joe Staley of Central Michigan has feet that are unparalleled and he extends his arms well but he is not overly stout at the point and will get pushed backwards by powerful defenders.
Quote:
Meanwhile Michael Griffin of Texas seems to be all over the place and is very physical when he arrives at the ball.
Quote:
Aaron Ross of Texas was very physical but by my count he was beaten by Dwayne Bowe at least four times and will probably be having nightmares about #80, although he's certainly not the only one in that boat.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My thoughts are that we should get Singeltary as DC and Norv as HC while getting Garrett as OC

Norv at HC because he can bring in Mike who can be his sucessor in a year or two
This is the best case scenario imo. I think Norv builds up Romo..Garrett gets the reigns on offense. Singletary builds up on bolsters our defense's confidence and next thing you know...Singletary or Garrett are ready to move up as a HC...seems logical to me.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Boysrback
Veteran

Boysrback hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2741032

Thanks stillaraiderfan for the sig
Boysrback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as Wards comments I thought i'd throw up my players quick.

One guy I'm very interested in Meriweather. If he is available in the second...he is a gamebreaker...a hustler and has passion. If he interviews well I'll be all over him.

Bowe in the first is making more and more sense to me. I was skeptical at first I didn't see him as a dominate NFL WR, I thought playing across from Davis helped him out...but he is really showing he can dominate one on one against top competition.

I still think we can get our edge rusher later in the draft...Woodley is falling from what I've been watching....and overachiever imo.

CB is deep this year...hell a guy like McCauley and Wilson both need to be brought up....but both could contribute early on special teams...and serve just fine as a nickel back or LCB when newman slides down. Hughes is still my number 1 corner....even a guy like Hall may fall to us...I wouldn't be that surprised.

You guys want a NT prospect....look no further then Quentin Echols, Kansas St. This kid is a beast...dominated the shrine games...you guys should watch the game again if you missed this kid. There is a link to bowl videos on the site. He should be available on the second day...and is really my jem.

As far as tackle...I wouldn't mind going there sometime on the second day. Mike Otto, Purdue looked really good. I would recommend keying in on him when you watch the game again. He dominated his opponite in the shrine bowl. Personally I think he could play left or right side...great insurance policy on the second day for a position that noone is really sure about as far as the future goes.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-24-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:

This is the best case scenario imo. I think Norv builds up Romo..Garrett gets the reigns on offense. Singletary builds up on bolsters our defense's confidence and next thing you know...Singletary or Garrett are ready to move up as a HC...seems logical to me.
I'm on board with that scenario...I wouldn't be opposed to Wade Phillips either because of the 3-4 experience.

Who are the other good 3-4 coaches out there?
Old 01-24-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boysrback
Hello Garrett...you'll be the OC...JJ won't let this team be ran by him not enough experience.

With the latest reports of phillips...I'm buying Norv Turner now.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-24-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

If we do move Henry to free safety, we certainly need a big physical corner to match up with receivers like Plaxico...if Leon Hall fell to us, he would fit the bill nicely.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Quote:
He's simply doing the job he's assigned right there. If he was the HC, you'd see him be the same man, same motivator, same passion on offense as you see him having on defense.

How would he run a good offense? The most he'd ever have to contribute is say "Run" or "Pass". He can hire an assistant HC or give the OC a lot of slack... It's not like that's an issue... how he'd run an offense...

Wanna know who I'd grab for my OC??? Chris Petersen... Boise St.
You're dreaming...

Speaking of which, here's my dream: sign Nate Clements or Asante Samuel and move Anthony Henry to safety...then draft Blalock in the 1st.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

So somebody tell me something good about Garrett, so that I can get this frown off my face. :x

Old 01-24-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

KFFL.com has reported running backs coach Anthony Lynn is the running for a position as RB's coach of the Browns. Todd Haley has been offered a position as a off. coord. in Arizona.

Todd Bowles is being considered for the def. coord. position in Dallas. The Cowboys also denied the Browns permission the speak with Tony Sparano.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
So somebody tell me something good about Garrett, so that I can get this frown off my face. :x

Jason Garrett helped win us the game against the Green Bay Packers on Thanksgiving Day 1994 when Troy Aikman was hurt. Later that year, he helped Aikman against the Packers by pointing out little idiosyncracies in the defense...
Old 01-24-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Quote:

Jason Garrett helped win us the game against the Green Bay Packers on Thanksgiving Day 1994 when Troy Aikman was hurt. Later that year, he helped Aikman against the Packers by pointing out little idiosyncracies in the defense...
I just went from frowny to frowny and gassy. :|
Old 01-24-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Quote:

I just went from frowny to frowny and gassy. :|
It's a good thing you live in Hawaii Poi Boi.