Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-19-2006, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
I'm gonna throw something out there and yall will probably think I'm crazy but should we draft Mason Crosby in the first 3 rounds? It sounds crazy but I really think kicker is our biggest need.
I LOVE IT. I been thinking the same thing. Vandy makes me nervous even on XP, so to get a kicking prospect like Crosby I'm totally down with.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I'm gonna throw something out there and yall will probably think I'm crazy but should we draft Mason Crosby in the first 3 rounds? It sounds crazy but I really think kicker is our biggest need.
I don't like making a big commitment to a kicker if there are any question marks at all. We couldn't cut Vanderjagt this preseason because he had a signing bonus. You can't cut a rookie kicker you spent a draft pick on because then you wasted it.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

* STEPS IN THE ROOM, AND HI FIVES EVERYONE! *

Wassssuuuup Fellahs! This is the one we've been waiting for! The BIG GAME. The game that legitimizes us! Anyone with doubts on us before, needs to wake up and start giving us credit for being a real contender!

I'm stoked!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I was wrong. This season isn't gone. We have a chance. I'm ready for us to go on a run.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:01 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
* STEPS IN THE ROOM, AND HI FIVES EVERYONE! *

Wassssuuuup Fellahs! This is the one we've been waiting for! The BIG GAME. The game that legitimizes us! Anyone with doubts on us before, needs to wake up and start giving us credit for being a real contender!

I'm stoked!!!
What's up D, high fives all around! Hey I'm just curious what time is it in Hawaii right now?
Old 11-19-2006, 10:08 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game...cowboys go on list of hated teams.

-Patriots
-Steelers
-Chargers
--cowboys

jk im ok with cowboys

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:11 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys good game against us today. I wish our star on defense Sanders was playing which could have made the game a totally different outcome but oh well. Congrats on the win though.
indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:12 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha those are the exact same teams I hate as well RCA chang gang. In that same order too. GO COLTS!!!
indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:26 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985
Haha those are the exact same teams I hate as well RCA chang gang. In that same order too. GO COLTS!!!
Right on!

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:02 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ware got great pressure. Ratliff is really becoming a player. I didn't even notice Ellis was missing, Carp/Burnett/Singleton all did fine. After Freeney forced the fumble on Romo I didn't hear much from him the rest of the game. TO was quiet as in not cocking off or anything. JJ and Barber didn't do spectacular but got the job done especially in the second half. It wasn't the best game from Romo but still completed like 19 out of 23 passes. I can't say enough about how the defense stepped it up. Manning couldn't do jack shat. Great job, I am so happy.........I feel like we can beat anybody left on the schedule though @Atlanta/NY Giants will both be tough...if we can win out at home though we will for sure be in, and who knows what happens on the road.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:07 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

That game had a beautiful story and psychology. It was the classic overwhelming underdog fighting from behind and actually winning at the very end not unlike Rocky. That game had all of the elements of great storytelling. That in a nutshell is why I love football and think it's the best sport ever. You can't really get that in any other sport to the same degree because of the parity in the NFL.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That game had a beautiful story and psychology. It was the classic overwhelming underdog fighting from behind and actually winning at the very end not unlike Rocky. That game had all of the elements of great storytelling. That in a nutshell is why I love football and think it's the best sport ever. You can't really get that in any other sport to the same degree because of the parity in the NFL.
Yeah the game did have a playoff feel to it. You could feel it in watching at home, and seeing the people at the stadium,i f we could beat the Colts, we could beat anybody. We have the talent, we just needed the execution. This game is right there with the Eagles games last year, as one of the funnest games to watch.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:45 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the division is down to us and Giants. Philly losing McNabb was HUGE. Hate to say, I'm happy about it, but I am.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:48 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Looks like the division is down to us and Giants. Philly losing McNabb was HUGE. Hate to say, I'm happy about it, but I am.
You're a sick bastard D, sick. How could you say such things? I tell you some Cowboy fans have such nerve.

I really don't know who to pick to win this division. The Giants look awesome one week and then tank the next. The Cowboys look real good one week and then play really bad the next. But since I'm posting here I'll pick the.....Giants!:P

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:54 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
I disagree with the statement that a basic nickle package against the colts would be suicide. They play in a basic offense and the bills used a basic nickle package through most of the game if i remember correctly and that worked wonders. People should take into consideration that the bills start 2 rookie safeties as well. The only problem wiwth the bills was that they didnt have an offense. If we could mirror their defense and keep our offense rolling like it has, we should have a good shot.
The Bills used a basic 4-3 Tampa 2 look the entire game. They played the pass heavily and hoped for the Colts to make mistakes, which rarely happens, but did twice in the form of fumbles (one of which was run back for a TD) against the Bills. So, to a point, I agree with the notion that if the Cowboys do what the Bills did, they'll have a good shot, but good luck trying to get another 2 turnovers out of a team that's turned the ball over all of 8 times in 9 games this season.

Not to rub it in, but I thought this was pretty funny.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:11 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree...great win.

I'll play parcells here I guess.

Flo is even worse than we thought. The lose of LA has really affected him...and if we can get anything for him...even a 2nd day pick lets do it.

Rivera is past his prime his only role on this team is leadership...pointing out blitzes has even moved over to gurode now. He is nothing but a tutor at best.

1 step drops to be effective is not something I feel ready to live by....something needs to be done about our protection. Not only our protection but our run blocking. Sure we are effective when pulling....but our push off the line is terrible...I bet I could count on one hand the number of times we got a 2-3 yard push forward on the much undersized colts DL. This is not what brings teams to championships.

On the defensive side of the ball...Carp showed good fill in skills...but it is clear he needs more playing time to excel. He gave up containment twice because of his late sheds....he could have kept 2-3 nine yard gains to minimal gains had he shed his block earlier. He can't allow backs to get the corner against our d....we have been exposed when teams can get the edge on us. Keep them where the beef is.

Roy is a game changer...his presence on the field helps alot...but it is his reason for our weak red zone passing offense. He cannot man up on an athletic player and be expected to make a play. I would love to see Watkins man up in the redzone...but obviously he isn't ready for that.

Davis is just as slow as everyone has thought. He cannot play the deep center in our defense and is a liability when doing so....had he been in position on Waynes touchdown it would have had a chance to have been prevented.

Watkins looks like a robot out there....he doesn't seem to react...he plays very hesitant....once he start rolling with the game I think we may have our center fielder...but he clearly doesn't have what it takes at this point to be an every down FS.

Vandy...what to say...he doesn't seem to be following through like he once did...which is leading to his kicked to be pushed far. IDK if this is from his kickoff's that hes been practicing....but something in his delivery has been changed...and its not looking good. This worries me...give me Josh Brown for a 3rd round pick. We all know about the rookie kicker wooo's....I don't wanna deal with that.

On another note....
Loved the defensive energy....talk about emotion on the field.
Romo....that kid has some swagger and I love it.
TO gives us the chance to bring a trophy to big d

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:25 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, where to begin.

- I'm gonna be the first to say it......Ellis getting hurt is going to end up being a good thing for this team. I think one of reasons for us getting so much pressure on Manning this game was the way that we where forced to move our guys around so much. One play we would have Ware at LOLB, Burnett on the weakside. The next play, we would have DMW on the weakside and Carpenter on the strong side. The next, we would have DMW lining up as the LE with Hatcher at the RE, then we would have Ware at RE and Carp at LE, or Singleton on the SS and Burnett on the weakside. Head spinning yet? I thought it was huge in preventing Indy from targeting DeMarcus and throwing the "German Army" at him. Also, Carpenter was extremely impressive every time I saw him. He and Ayodele blew up the 2nd down run play right before Roy's pick. He also caught their RB (Addai, I think) from behind when they broke that long one up the right sideline. Very encouraging.

- Another note on our pass rush: with the pressure that we were generating today, we would have had between 4 and 8 sacks against a normal QB. Manning is so smart and has such a lightning fast release that there were at least 7 times I counted that he looked to be on his way down when he suddenly whipped the ball out in a blink of an eye. Just incredible. Now I really see why he is so often among the 2 or 3 least sacked QBs in the league.

- As to Newman's "TD-free streak", I'm not so sure its over, technically. He lined up on Wayne, but it seemed like there was a breakdown in communication between him and Henry. We were in man, and they ran a cross. It seemed like Newman was under the impression that they were using the switch technique on that play, and Henry thought he was supposed to stick. I'm interested to see which one was the wrong one.

- Romo is a great decision maker. He had a couple bad ones, and according to Parcells he was supposed to go to TO on the other side when he threw the pick. BP said that TO was open for a TD, but I haven't seen the all-22 angle to see whether that is true or not. Still, you know when a guy is completing in the high-60s on a week-in and week-out basis that he is going to the right place at a remarkably high rate, and not only that, but then has the accuracy to get the ball on his target. This week: 83% .......... :shock:

I'll have some more thoughts tomorrow, but those are the main things on my mind.

Oh, btw, I just wanted to give a huge :shock: to Burnett on that pick six. I swear he looked like a DB getting up and running with that ball. He was so damn fast and agile it was a shock to my system watching it. I'm starting to wonder if he could end up being a real player, and not JAG. But for today, I gotta give him some major props.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:34 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Anthony Henry changed my mind about him and proved me wrong... and i couldnt be happier. great game.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:52 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Bradie James is very underratd. Yes h's slow but he's a badass and a big player. He was a monster yesterday.
And what about Hatcher? He made some plays against Tarik Glenn, he almost get a sack pushing Glenn all the way back to Manning..
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate admitting this but I think I should do this.

Congrats, guys. Good game well played, the better team today definitely won and deservedly so.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was very curious as to what strategy BP would imploy, and it looks like he did the same style he did with the 9ers when he was coaching my giants. From what I noticed, he did a lot of zone. When he did man coverage, it held up very well. But his LBs were almost exclusively in a zone coverage every play. I wasn't sure if that would work against Manning, but it did. Some notes.

- That 4th and 2...Ware was the reason it wasn't completed. He took Manning's first 2 reads out at the same time in his coverage. Manning panicked after that, and threw it away hoping for a flag. Great play by Ware.

- That INT for a TD was down by contact, Im surprised none of you have admitted that yet.

- As well as the defense played, and as well as Romo played, the offense as a whole was not executing well. 14 points against that Colts D wasn't enough 9 out of 10 times. Dallas almost gave it away by not being effective in the 1st half offensively. They picked it up in the 2nd half, but they also left alot of points on the board.

- Outside that one whiff, Flo didn't do too bad. The oline as a whole has played significantly better since Romo came in. Coincidence? We all know Bledsoe makes his lines look much worst than they are. Now we can all finally agree on it without debate.

- Ware had a great game. He had a couple of near sacks along with that great sack. I would like to point this out though. I don't want to hear any hypocritical comments on Merriman and how "half his sacks are unblocked, or a RB blocks him" because it goes both ways. Ware's sack he came unblocked, and another time he had a clear shot at Manning, but Addai pwned him on the block. He had his chance against a RB that play, and got pwned, so let's not knock Merriman for every sack he gets, then give Ware a pass. Ware is a great player, but I still honestly think Merriman is just a better pass rusher. We should also note that his first sack against Washington at home was against a RB, but we ignore it and only crticize Merriman when it happens to him. It goes both ways. Let's not be hypocritical in this regards anymore. Im not saying this to undermine Ware's performance, Im just pointing out a hypocritical standpoint when we evaluate the 2.

- Having that said, they finally move Ware around, and the results speak for themselves. Im curious to see if he can keep it up for the rest of the year.

- I didn't see enough of Carp. He's still learning and not ready to be fulltime yet. But he shows flashes of brilliance, and he'll be a good player for you guys in the following years.

- BP is gonna make Fasano run until he vomits on Monday....

This division is between us and you. Its gonna take a collapse from us, and a big hot streak from you to win the division. You guys have a poor division record, and even with our current injuries, we should easily beat Philly and Skins to go at worst 5-1 in the division. With that, it would be near impossible for you guys to win the division over us. But the wild card is a very strong possibilty. The NFC is such a crapshoot right now, I wouldn't be suprised if an 8-8 team gets in. Dallas should be a wildcard. Unless we collapse, I don't think you win the division though.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:02 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense

- That INT for a TD was down by contact, Im surprised none of you have admitted that yet.
sometimes you have to take those cheap points

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:44 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else worried about our kicking game? It seems like all of Vanderjerk's kicks are going right. Even his EP's go that direction. And everytime he kicks off, it never goes deeper than the 5-7 yd line.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod
Anyone else worried about our kicking game? It seems like all of Vanderjerk's kicks are going right. Even his EP's go that direction. And everytime he kicks off, it never goes deeper than the 5-7 yd line.
The 5-7 is pretty good. If you watch other games there are lots of kickers who consistently just get it to the 10. Don't worry about XPs, those are so close the it can be right through the middle when it goes through and way off to the side when it hits the net. The misses worry you, but it hasn't been horrible. He's somewhere around 70% I think.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:50 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

BBD, I respect your opinion but the bottom line is Merriman is on steroids and Ware is not. Merriman can make all the excuses he wants but the bottom line is he tested positive and was suspended for 4 games. And besides even though Merriman is probably a better pass rusher Ware is a more complete player in terms of pass coverage. I probably wouldn't have said this last year but I wouldn't go back in time and change that pick at all, I'm very happy with D-Ware.