Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-03-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
Quote:
Ok, I'm sorry, but JJ did run a 4.47.

I think Ramonce would do wonders for our team, and our o-line, thats all.
he can help our O-line eh? Did he play guard in highschool or something? I know where your argument is going. Probem is, you have the mentality that this kid can come in and make gamebreaking runs every week, and it doesn't matter if the O-line is good or if the O-line sucks. Not a good way to look at it. Remember we also throw the ball right? You need to put your priorities in perpective. O-line is arguably the most import aspect of a team besides QB. You just seem to really like this Taylor kid and theres no problem with that, to each his own. But stop trying to brainwash everyone into thinking that "Julius sucks!" and "We need to get Taylor!". It seems the majority don't hate Julius as much as you.
No, but Ramonce woud make our o-line just a little better because of his speed. We need o-line help bad, I know that, but Ramonce would help it just alittle cause of his speed and quickness. Julius has above average speed, but nothign special, Ramonce does. That is all I am saying. Jezzzz. :roll:
I'll agree to disagree, imo, RB is the LAST thing we need.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok, I'm sorry, but JJ did run a 4.47.

I think Ramonce would do wonders for our team, and our o-line, thats all.
he can help our O-line eh? Did he play guard in highschool or something? I know where your argument is going. Probem is, you have the mentality that this kid can come in and make gamebreaking runs every week, and it doesn't matter if the O-line is good or if the O-line sucks. Not a good way to look at it. Remember we also throw the ball right? You need to put your priorities in perpective. O-line is arguably the most import aspect of a team besides QB. You just seem to really like this Taylor kid and theres no problem with that, to each his own. But stop trying to brainwash everyone into thinking that "Julius sucks!" and "We need to get Taylor!". It seems the majority don't hate Julius as much as you.
No, but Ramonce woud make our o-line just a little better because of his speed. We need o-line help bad, I know that, but Ramonce would help it just alittle cause of his speed and quickness. Julius has above average speed, but nothign special, Ramonce does. That is all I am saying. Jezzzz. :roll:
I'll agree to disagree, imo, RB is the LAST thing we need.
I agree with BigMac.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our offense is fine. We were 5th in the league in putting up points... and that was with Bledsoe starting off the year. A few upgrades in FA and we're good to go. Our defense needs to be addressed and built through the draft.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are you saying exactly? That Ramonce Taylor drafted in the 6th-7th round if drafted at all should be our starter? okay? Our running game is not really a problem if we ran for over a combined 1,700 yards and 18 Tds, lets move on already.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

Okay. Ramonce Taylor might be an amzing pickup or a steal, but I DO NOT see him starting over JJ.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
TheFan0520
Rookie

TheFan0520 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Michael Irvin is finally going to be inducted in the Hall of Fame!!!!
TheFan0520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

why was balaskins or tnewfan let back on the board anyways. im now starting to remember why he got booted in the first place, he is just like an annoying fly who insists that he is never wrong and has all the answers.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFan0520
:D

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

This is a great day in the history of the Dallas Cowboys franchise as Michael "Playmaker" Irvin has finally taken his righful place to be imortalized in the pro football hall of fame. In a couple years Emmitt will join Michael and Troy and the triplets will live on forever in Canton. I'm not ashamed or embarrased to admit that I cried a little hearing the announcement and watching Michael's speech as I know how hard he worked and how much this meant to him.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Cowboy fans...

I was wondering what Zimmer does with the FS. Does the FS play alot of man or is he usually playing zone?

thanks.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Congratulations to Mike. He deserved this 2 years ago.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Ok then, enough with the Ramonce Taylor stuff. And good for Michael Irvin, but lets start to talk about what we need to get done in the off-season and draft.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

Craigo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If I had to pick one team in the league that needs a RB the least, it might be the Cowboys. They have two great running backs who aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Even San Diego could use one more than Dallas since Michael Turner wont be there much longer.

This Ramonce Taylor talk is hilarious.

Thanks jkpigskin!
Craigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

Thought D-Unit would like this one, great Singletary/Ray Lewis clip, reposted from Cowboyszone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwE-0atpysQ
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigo
If I had to pick one team in the league that needs a RB the least, it might be the Cowboys. They have two great running backs who aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Even San Diego could use one more than Dallas since Michael Turner wont be there much longer.

This Ramonce Taylor talk is hilarious.
No, we don't need a RB, but neither Julius nor Marion have the breakaway talents Ramonce does. And we could get him in the 6th round, I don't see why there is objection. :roll:

We need an o-line, and that is the bottom line. It does matter how good the RB's are. If LT were on the Cardinals he wouldn't have even sniffed that TD record this year. Go and ask Edgerrin James. If our offensive had a solid o-line we would be amazing, but our o-line sucks.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, we don't need a RB, but neither Julius nor Marion have the breakaway talents Ramonce does. And we could get him in the 6th round, I don't see why there is objection. :roll:

i'm not sure if im right or not but we cannot get him in the 6th unless we trade down and get one because we sent one to kansas city for Fugita last year and we never got any compensation for pete hunter. Anyways I know what you mean I would definately spend a late round pick on taylor he can be a homelessmans reggie bush
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual

i'm not sure if im right or not but we cannot get him in the 6th unless we trade down and get one because we sent one to kansas city for Fugita last year and we never got any compensation for pete hunter. Anyways I know what you mean I would definately spend a late round pick on taylor he can be a homelessmans reggie bush
We have 3 7th rounders, but I don't see any one will draft him. Two thing agsinst him 1). he is come form a very small school 2). he is link it to durg problem. Also, I don't think he will get invited to the combine either. Maybe show me his status and tell me what make you think he is faster JJ? This is what I like him after watched the highlight, He has a very good vison and very athlete, which make him a talent player. I believe Cowboys will sign him as Undrafted player like what we did to TT. Talking TT, he is the faster RB in our roster, but he is not our number one RB.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc
Quote:

We have 3 7th rounders, but I don't see any one will draft him. Two thing agsinst him 1). he is come form a very small school 2). he is link it to durg problem. Also, I don't think he will get invited to the combine either. Maybe show me his status and tell me what make you think he is faster JJ? This is what I like him after watched the highlight, He has a very good vison and very athlete, which make him a talent player. I believe Cowboys will sign him as Undrafted player like what we did to TT. Talking TT, he is the faster RB in our roster, but he is not our number one RB.
Transfer from Texas. He scored a TD in the National title game against USC.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble
Quote:
Quote:

Transfer from Texas. He scored a TD in the National title game against USC.
That's very good. Do you have any office time for him.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:24 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes
Thought D-Unit would like this one, great Singletary/Ray Lewis clip, reposted from Cowboyszone.

AAAHHh... Nice nice! :D

Why would we want Norv who would just overrule and eliminated all that Garrett is supposed to bring to the table? Meh.

We need a defensive minded HC. Singletary or bust.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:38 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes

AAAHHh... Nice nice! :D

Why would we want Norv who would just overrule and eliminated all that Garrett is supposed to bring to the table? Meh.

We need a defensive minded HC. Singletary or bust.
I still think its gonna be Norv/Rivera for the positions.

Quote:
Jones said the development of quarterback Tony Romo will play a big part in his decision. He said he spoke with Hall of Famer Roger Staubach about the development of a quarterback for two hours Saturday.

"Obviously we think [Romo's] got a chance," Jones said. "We think a lot of Tony. We think a lot of him as a person. We like the way he got here, so his development is a big part of this decision."
Quote:
Jones also added that the 3-4 defense the Cowboys used the last two seasons would not cause him to eliminate a coach or coordinator more familiar with the 4-3.

"You end up getting the same thing in the 3-4 that you get in the 4-3 at times," Jones said. "I can give you a good case why some of our personnel is better suited for the 4-3 right now."
Geez Jerry. Well I think I know who he is talking about. Furgy...Hatcher...Burnett. But I could also name about 10 people that it would hinder...I hope JJ has that view as well.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/...e.1cac46e.html

These two comments sure do point to norv and Rivera. I agree though....that isn't Garrett suppose to be the development guy of Romo...Surely Norv can't be a HC and put all his time into Romo. I really don't like the idea of Rivera. I like him as a coach...but I'd rather have singletary since he has expierenced both the 4-3 and the 3-4. That is key to our team...and he would know the best way to achieve success on that side of the ball.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:14 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Quote:

Ramonce was invited to the combine. And if you watched the video from youtube, there should be no question that he is much faster than JJ. And I don't expect or want him to be our starter, I want him to be a slasher who can create matchup problems and a big play threat out of the backfield. Ramonce will be either drafted or picked up in FA by us because of Jerry, and I'll put money on it. He will be a good back, wait and see.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:21 AM    (permalink
dwareroy
Veteran

dwareroy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
[

Geez Jerry. Well I think I know who he is talking about. Furgy...Hatcher...Burnett. But I could also name about 10 people that it would hinder...I hope JJ has that view as well.
How would it hinder Burnett? He was a beast as a 4-3 OLB in Tennessee. I think he would start opposite of Carpenter when we switch to a 4-3 front.

The 4-3 defense would only hinder: Ferguson, Canty, Bradie James, Jay Ratliff, and Kenyon Coleman. The benefits of the 4-3 are that it would better utilize Marcus Spears, Burnett, Ware, and Ayodele.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:25 AM    (permalink
dwareroy
Veteran

dwareroy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFan0520
You guys catch who Jerry was celebrating with in the green room when Irvin got announced as a Hall of Famer........No other than our next head coach (most likely) Norv Turner. :(

I'd rather have Singletary or even Phillips, but it looks more and more like Turner by the day.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:37 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwareroy
Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
[

How would it hinder Burnett? He was a beast as a 4-3 OLB in Tennessee. I think he would start opposite of Carpenter when we switch to a 4-3 front.

The 4-3 defense would only hinder: Ferguson, Canty, Bradie James, Jay Ratliff, and Kenyon Coleman. The benefits of the 4-3 are that it would better utilize Marcus Spears, Burnett, Ware, and Ayodele.
He didnt say it would. He was saying Burnett would benifit fom it. Anyway i would hate the move, D-Ware is better suited for a 3-4 defense and i dont want us to lose another LB out there. We have some great 3-4 personel, they just need a real 3-4 coordinator and I'm not so sure we're going to get one.

Here's hoping for a Phillips or a Rivera HC and Singeltary DC hiring. As for Rivera he seems to believe the Cowboys want him as a HC, not a d coord. and I hope he is right. I dont see him leaving Chicago to take the same position under coach Norv Turner. Especially when he's already coaching a top ranked defense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote