Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-08-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Hopefully JJ has learned something from BP when it comes to the draft. HOPEFULLY.
As long as we have Jeff Ireland, we should be fine.
Good point. I was thinking the same thing. I think Ireland will have a lot more sway this time around.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To BBDs big write up, I say we have Roy lose weight, which he already mentioned, and move Carp to ILB and develop him into that cover guy. With that move, I wouldn't be surprised to see a pass rusher ala Jarvas Moss drafted.I think with JJ (and Ireland) drafting, I think we'll be more likely to go offense in the 1st, whether that be OL or WR.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
dickson1187

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
A couple of things to note.

Wade Phillips has coached in the 3-4 and 46 philosophy his whole life. He has incorporated alot of 46 principles into his 3-4 (I made a Buddy Ryan thread in the NFL forum awhile ago, and after some research of my own have learned a great deal about how the scheme has been incorporated into today's schemes).

Now the thing thats relevant to the Cowboys is how this scheme is executed. Like I said before, he runs alot of heavy blitzing, man coverage schemes. Theres alot of different ways to blitz. Especially in the 3-4. Theres the zone blitzing schemes (used heavily by LeBeau), the fireman scheme (used heavily by Phillips and Jim Johnson of the Eagles, also Greg Williams), and a combination of both philosophies (used by BP, Bellichick, that coaching tree, uses alot of LB zones with man coverage on the edges and Cover 1, Cover 0 techniques).

Now why is this relevant? Because the personell requires some changes to execute the different schemes.

Remember, just because he coaches a 3-4 doesn't mean that its the same requirements out of personnell as BP's 3-4. Just like theres a ton of ways to run a 4-3 defense, there are also a lot of different ways to run a 3-4, and different styles require different personnell.

Phillip's defense failed miserably in Atlanta because he forced his scheme on a personnell that couldn't make it work. In Buffalo and SD, he had the personnell for it.

Here in Dallas, he has some personnell for it, but there will be changes required to make it work.

1. He needs a pass coverage LB. The intermediate zones and rerouting etc won't be used that much, so James and Akin will be left in man coverage. I don't think it can work with these 2 guys, he needs to bring in a guy who can survive in man coverage from the ILB position. Perhaps Donnie Edwards? Or he might burden that responsibility on Akin, and use James the same way he used Godfrey. Or he moves Carp inside. We'll see how that goes

2. He needs a SS who can cover. Yes, his SS wasn't great in SD, but he uses both his OLBs as DEs, and that puts added pressure on the SS to be good in coverage. While his SS wasn't great in SD, he was much better in coverage than what the Cowboys have. Agree with it or not, thats the honest truth. So this could present a problem. I still feel the mentioned SS can become alot better if he loses weight. Let's face it, he's not hitting the film room, he's been in the league for awhile, if he didn't do it by now he won't ever do it. The only hope is for him to lose weight, and improve his recovery speed. The pass rush will help his cause as well.

Other than that, I think youre fine. You have good CBs who can hold up in man coverage. You have a dline who can develop into playmakers with some more experience, you have edge rushers in Ware and Ellis.

The question is what he does with Carp. In BP's scheme, he wouldve been used as a Carl Banks type, but Phillips uses his OLBs as almost exclusive pass rushers. Does he move Carp inside? Will this stunt his growth?

Just some things to consider.
Great thoughts. So hypothetically this raises lots of Q ......

DB: Do we get a SS internally? Watkins or Elam? Do we move Henry to FS and draft a CB? Revis or Ross?

LB: Do we move Burnett inside to be the Donnie Edwards type? Or get Donnie Edwards? Who sits Ayodele or James? Who is most tradable?

DL: Can Fergie protect a smaller ILB like Burnett as well as Jamaal Williams? Will Spears and Canty and Hatcher become pass rushers?

And WTF do we do with Roy?
Old 02-08-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
dickson1187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Quote:
Hopefully JJ has learned something from BP when it comes to the draft. HOPEFULLY.
Good point. I was thinking the same thing. I think Ireland will have a lot more sway this time around.
I think Ireland is gone once BP comes back next year. JJ loves the player personnel stuff.

To BBD: Since Johnson, JJ's drafts have been very bad. JJ's trades even worse.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think Ireland is gone once BP comes back next year. JJ loves the player personnel stuff.

Aint' that the truth. Although the Roy Williams, Al Johnson, Jason Witten, Bradie James draft was an improvement.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
dickson1187

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Aint' that the truth. Although the Roy Williams, Al Johnson, Jason Witten, Bradie James draft was an improvement.
Jason and Bradie in the 3rd and 4th are good .... Roy and Al at 1 and 2 are not exemplars of quality picks.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Jason and Bradie in the 3rd and 4th are good .... Roy and Al at 1 and 2 are not exemplars of quality picks.
I think you guys have the 2002 and 2003 drafts all mixed up.

2002(The Campo aka Jerry Jones Draft)
Roy Williams
Andre Gurode
Antonio Bryant
Derek Ross
Jamar Martin
Pete Hunter
Waylet Tyson
Deveren Johnson
Bob Slowikowski

2003 (Bill Parcells 1st Year)
Terrence Newman
Al Johnson
Jason Witten
Bradie James
BJ Tucker
Zuriel Smith
Justin Bates
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha! Right.... I forgot how badly we suck w/out BP. :( :( :(
Old 02-09-2007, 07:42 AM    (permalink
charles_haley_rules

The Phillips 3-4 is an attacking scheme. Sorry, I'ld rather live or die by the bliltz than be chewed apart slowly.

Move Henry to safety. Sign Samuel/Clements as FA. Get Adalius Thoms. Pick up a guard in FA. Draft a tackle. Draft a defensive tackle. Draft a corner to eventually replace Aaron Glenn. Draft a reciever. Bam. There you have it.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_haley_rules
The Phillips 3-4 is an attacking scheme. Sorry, I'ld rather live or die by the bliltz than be chewed apart slowly.

Move Henry to safety. Sign Samuel/Clements as FA. Get Adalius Thoms. Pick up a guard in FA.
Okay, it is not as easy or as simple as you make it out be. If it was we would all be GMs. Getting Samuel/Clements and Adalius Thoms, will automatcially take a huge portion of our cap away. Plus I have trust in Carp opposite of Ware, and if Wade can use him as he did Shaun Phillips, then were set. No need to put more money into a position if it's not needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_haley_rules
Draft a tackle. Draft a defensive tackle. Draft a corner to eventually replace Aaron Glenn. Draft a reciever. Bam. There you have it.
Again, not that simple. You act as if whoever we draft will automatically be the answer there and will produce. You can't just say "draft this position" or "draft that position" without assigning player there, and explaining how they will help this team. We may have 7 bust in this draft, or 7 studs. But there is never a "Bam.There you have it." solution in the NFL.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:40 AM    (permalink
dickson1187

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think you guys have the 2002 and 2003 drafts all mixed up.

2002(The Campo aka Jerry Jones Draft)
Roy Williams
Andre Gurode
Antonio Bryant
Derek Ross
Jamar Martin
Pete Hunter
Waylet Tyson
Deveren Johnson
Bob Slowikowski

2003 (Bill Parcells 1st Year)
Terrence Newman
Al Johnson
Jason Witten
Bradie James
BJ Tucker
Zuriel Smith
Justin Bates
Excellent point. Our bad. Will be interesting to see how much Ireland being there, as opposed to Lacewell, will effect the evaluations.

2003 - 2004 was Lacewell
2005 - 2006 was Ireland
Old 02-09-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phillips basically runs a 46 style defense. He just masks it with the 3-4 front. But the principles is the fireman philosophy, which is basically today's version of the 46. He disguises his blitzes better with the 3-4 shell, and the gap assignments are slightly varied because of the front, but the basics of the pass coverage/rush are identical.

With an attacking style like this, your rush defense may take a hit. OLBs will whiff more often and overpursue and miss their gap assignment. That leaves them exposed to longer runs on the outside/offtackle. This style puts extra emphasis on the 3 downlinemen to hold their ground against the run game. So its gonna be key for Spears and Canty and Ferguson to step it up this year.

I actually have the same concerns for my team. The Giants hired Spagnuola, also an advocate of the fireman philosophy. The only difference between our defensive philosophy and yours will most likely be the fronts. We're gonna execute it out of the 4-3 instead of the 3-4. Also, we don't necessarily have the personell in the secondary to run it as effectively or as often as you guys. Us, you guys, and Philly will basically have the same style. If Williams gets out of his Cover 2 and goes back to his old style, Washington will too. We'll all basically run the same defense.

Which means we all could be vulnerable to long runs. Thats not something Im looking forward too. Whenever you have an attacking style like this, youre gonna have people whiff every now and then. SD made it work because their front 3 is so killer, they didn't have to worry about it. Dallas doesn't have the front 3 that SD has. So that could present a problem.

As far as the questions that Robert brought up...who knows? We'll just have to wait and see what Wade does.

Im personally a fan of the BP philosophy. Its all about stopping the run, and he designs his defense to do just that. On 3rd and long, then you unleash the pass rush, but on 1st and 2nd, keep it somewhat reserved and stop the run. Its not overly aggressive, its not overly passive (it was only passive in D this year because of the coverage issues, and lack of rush out of the pass rushers). Its also tried and tested. BP had alot of success with it over the years, Bellichick makes it work, Saban made it work, its had success everywhere it went. I was hoping the Giants hired Pepper Johnson and ran the same philosophy, but it didn't work out for us the way I hoped.

The problem I have with attacking style of defenses is that it can be figured out after a couple of years. Thats why outside of Philly, youve seen these styles come and go. Teams get film of it, and figure it out and make it obsolete rather quickly. You have to constantly update your technique or it gets old real fast.

Look at Pittsburgh. Their blitzing style got chewed up badly this year. LeBeau didn't really bring anything new to the defense this year, coming out with the same zone blitzes he did in years past, and his division rivals were ready for it. And they got killed for it. If you can pick it up, this style is left dead in the water. And I expect teams to adjust and do more max protect schemes, and screen passes to counter the new wave of blitz heavy defenses. Football is an evolution, this scheme died during the advant of the WCO because it became obsolete. With the WCO becoming less popular its back, but expect more checkdown/quick slants/sn passes to be incorporated into playbooks this upcoming year to counter the blitz heavy style again.

Or they might not. Who knows. Im curious to see how this pans out.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If in Fact Donnie Edwards gets signed in FA, who eventually starts at the two ILB spots? James/Ayodele, Edwards/Ayodele, or Edwards/James. Obviously there would be alot of cycling James, Ayodele, Edwards, and Fowler. What are your guys' thoughts?
Old 02-09-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
If in Fact Donnie Edwards gets signed in FA, who eventually starts at the two ILB spots? James/Ayodele, Edwards/Ayodele, or Edwards/James. Obviously there would be alot of cycling James, Ayodele, Edwards, and Fowler. What are your guys' thoughts?
To me signing Ronnie Edwards is a must since he knew Wade system, I don't think will cost a lot, and we need him to direct travel as well. I will sign him and trade Ayodele for David Carr (i know this is not going to happen).

I like this site top 100 ranking: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6421386
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
To me signing Ronnie Edwards is a must since he knew Wade system, I don't think will cost a lot, and we need him to direct travel as well. I will sign him and trade Ayodele for David Carr (i know this is not going to happen).

I like this site top 100 ranking: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6421386
I believe its Donnie, not that it makes a difference. You like James over Ayodele eh? And that trade, just doesn't make sense.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
dickson1187

Quote:
Phillips basically runs a 46 style defense. He just masks it with the 3-4 front. But the principles is the fireman philosophy, which is basically today's version of the 46. He disguises his blitzes better with the 3-4 shell, and the gap assignments are slightly varied because of the front, but the basics of the pass coverage/rush are identical.

With an attacking style like this, your rush defense may take a hit. OLBs will whiff more often and overpursue and miss their gap assignment. That leaves them exposed to longer runs on the outside/offtackle. This style puts extra emphasis on the 3 downlinemen to hold their ground against the run game. So its gonna be key for Spears and Canty and Ferguson to step it up this year.

I actually have the same concerns for my team. The Giants hired Spagnuola, also an advocate of the fireman philosophy. The only difference between our defensive philosophy and yours will most likely be the fronts. We're gonna execute it out of the 4-3 instead of the 3-4. Also, we don't necessarily have the personell in the secondary to run it as effectively or as often as you guys. Us, you guys, and Philly will basically have the same style. If Williams gets out of his Cover 2 and goes back to his old style, Washington will too. We'll all basically run the same defense.

Which means we all could be vulnerable to long runs. Thats not something Im looking forward too. Whenever you have an attacking style like this, youre gonna have people whiff every now and then. SD made it work because their front 3 is so killer, they didn't have to worry about it. Dallas doesn't have the front 3 that SD has. So that could present a problem.

As far as the questions that Robert brought up...who knows? We'll just have to wait and see what Wade does.

Im personally a fan of the BP philosophy. Its all about stopping the run, and he designs his defense to do just that. On 3rd and long, then you unleash the pass rush, but on 1st and 2nd, keep it somewhat reserved and stop the run. Its not overly aggressive, its not overly passive (it was only passive in D this year because of the coverage issues, and lack of rush out of the pass rushers). Its also tried and tested. BP had alot of success with it over the years, Bellichick makes it work, Saban made it work, its had success everywhere it went. I was hoping the Giants hired Pepper Johnson and ran the same philosophy, but it didn't work out for us the way I hoped.

The problem I have with attacking style of defenses is that it can be figured out after a couple of years. Thats why outside of Philly, youve seen these styles come and go. Teams get film of it, and figure it out and make it obsolete rather quickly. You have to constantly update your technique or it gets old real fast.

Look at Pittsburgh. Their blitzing style got chewed up badly this year. LeBeau didn't really bring anything new to the defense this year, coming out with the same zone blitzes he did in years past, and his division rivals were ready for it. And they got killed for it. If you can pick it up, this style is left dead in the water. And I expect teams to adjust and do more max protect schemes, and screen passes to counter the new wave of blitz heavy defenses. Football is an evolution, this scheme died during the advant of the WCO because it became obsolete. With the WCO becoming less popular its back, but expect more checkdown/quick slants/sn passes to be incorporated into playbooks this upcoming year to counter the blitz heavy style again.

Or they might not. Who knows. Im curious to see how this pans out.
All Offensive and Defensive schemes get exposed over time. A continious cycle. Great points however. I really love your insights.

But sure enough if what you say is true, Cowboy fans are going to be baching their heads again if Roy Williams and Bradie James don't significantly improve their coverage.

Can you imagine how well Shockey or Smith will do versus the Cowboys if we are play Cover 0/1 blitzing like mad men. Or how well Westbrook would do catching balls in the flat. Oh dear it could get ugly. Liek rewinding the New Orleans tape.

Regardless with a more aggresive scheme, I would propose Burnett and Ayodele as the ILB because they are more fluid LB and can cover. This would also help Roy Williams I think freeing him to switch assignments with one of the ILB on obvious passing situations or changing the DB coverage pre-snap based on personnel. Either way, it is sad to think an ILB covers better than Williams. OLB Carp and Ware.

Big issue though in this scenario is whether Fergie can play Two-Gap NT at 32 and protect the smallish Burnett in running situations. I can see Fergie playing all out 15-20 snaps but over 25?

For this reason, I am starting to think we go NT this year in round 1 or 2 unless we pick up a salary cap NT for a year or two. Can't build a D praying we sack the QB 60 times next year or magically turn Fergie into Jamaal Williams. Hatcher, Spears and Canty will be fine at DE.

DB side, we need some early round talent to groom. Two guys are over 30 (Henry and Glenn) and the other back-ups seem to be that, back-ups. I think we go DB either 1 or 2 and expect a FS to develop internally. I don't like FA for CB -- too expensive and all to frequently get exposed as scheme dependent performers

So I say given our needs on D, and need for an OG, One FA either NT or OG then round 1 and 2 goes CB and remaining need.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Wade is going to do a great job. Thank god it is not Norv. :D

Our defense is going to get so much pressure, I can't wait. And you know what that means, more INT's for Newman, and finally a pro-bowl berth (knocks on wood).

Our DB's aren't that old, Henry is 29 as of right now, and 30 isn't even old anymore, plus DB's play for the longest in the NFL besides QB.

But signing Adalius Thomas is just stupid to me, I know that you can't enough linebackers in the 3-4, but that is for depth purposes, not for star players purposes. We will have too many players with starting potential, in fact we already do, so adding adalius would just be stupid. I think we should trade a LB IMO, and if we pick up any they better be for back up purposes only.

And BBD you make very good points, and don't take this the wrong way, but I think your scared. Wade is going to put our defense over the top and without Tiki you uguys are done, even with tiki you would be done actually. And and I both know it.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Just got back from the Pro Bowl practice at Aloha Stadium!

Guess who got Tony Romo to sign his Dallas Cowboys helmet???

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Almost got in a scrap with a guy who's ankle I stepped on in order to get to Romo, but it was worth it! Haha!

Tonight... Pro Bowl Block Party in Waikiki! :D :D
Old 02-09-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost got in a scrap with a guy who's ankle I stepped on in order to get to Romo, but it was worth it! Haha!

So jealous!!!

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You son of a *****.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41

Our defense is going to get so much pressure, I can't wait. And you know what that means, more INT's for Newman, and finally a pro-bowl berth (knocks on wood).

Our DB's aren't that old, Henry is 29 as of right now, and 30 isn't even old anymore, plus DB's play for the longest in the NFL besides QB.

But signing Adalius Thomas is just stupid to me, I know that you can't enough linebackers in the 3-4, but that is for depth purposes, not for star players purposes. We will have too many players with starting potential, in fact we already do, so adding adalius would just be stupid. I think we should trade a LB IMO, and if we pick up any they better be for back up purposes only.

And BBD you make very good points, and don't take this the wrong way, but I think your scared. Wade is going to put our defense over the top and without Tiki you uguys are done, even with tiki you would be done actually. And and I both know it.
To be honest with you, when BP retired I breathed a sigh of relief. Wade Phillips is not better than BP, even the old tired version that Dallas had. Everything said in the press conference sounds great. We went through the same thing with Coughlin. Wade is gonna say all the right things. But actions speak louder, and his actions up to this point in his career does not scare me that much.

It might sound weird, but I have a feeling Washington might be back in a big way next year. Thats who is really scaring me right now.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice. Romo also won the QB skills challenge.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 02-09-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should be boycotting the pro-bowl because Newman is not in it, shame on you.

And BBD, Bill Parcells sucks now, way to conservative and had to have his paws all over everything. Our defense is gonna be so dominant I can't wait!!!!

Fast forward to Septemeber!!!!!!!!!

You know your scared, and without Tiki do you really expect to even make the playoffs? I expect the giants to be picking in the top 10 of the 2008 draft, no offense.

And Wade never had a team with as much talent as we do, the Cowboys are the most talented team in the league. Our defense is gonna get so much pressure, and with Newman and Henry covering you, your screwed.

OMG I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41

To be honest with you, when BP retired I breathed a sigh of relief. Wade Phillips is not better than BP, even the old tired version that Dallas had. Everything said in the press conference sounds great. We went through the same thing with Coughlin. Wade is gonna say all the right things. But actions speak louder, and his actions up to this point in his career does not scare me that much.

It might sound weird, but I have a feeling Washington might be back in a big way next year. Thats who is really scaring me right now.
The thing that worries me most about the Skins is that backfield if Portis comes back strong. Betts played extremely well down the stretch. Could be very potent. That's what you need with a young QB. The defense doesn't frighten me in the least.

Albert Camus
Old 02-09-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky man, now all you have to do is sell it to one of us. :roll:

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote