Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-09-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
Wade is going to do a great job. Thank god it is not Norv. :D

Our defense is going to get so much pressure, I can't wait. And you know what that means, more INT's for Newman, and finally a pro-bowl berth (knocks on wood).

Our DB's aren't that old, Henry is 29 as of right now, and 30 isn't even old anymore, plus DB's play for the longest in the NFL besides QB.

But signing Adalius Thomas is just stupid to me, I know that you can't enough linebackers in the 3-4, but that is for depth purposes, not for star players purposes. We will have too many players with starting potential, in fact we already do, so adding adalius would just be stupid. I think we should trade a LB IMO, and if we pick up any they better be for back up purposes only.

And BBD you make very good points, and don't take this the wrong way, but I think your scared. Wade is going to put our defense over the top and without Tiki you uguys are done, even with tiki you would be done actually. And and I both know it.
To be honest with you, when BP retired I breathed a sigh of relief. Wade Phillips is not better than BP, even the old tired version that Dallas had. Everything said in the press conference sounds great. We went through the same thing with Coughlin. Wade is gonna say all the right things. But actions speak louder, and his actions up to this point in his career does not scare me that much.

It might sound weird, but I have a feeling Washington might be back in a big way next year. Thats who is really scaring me right now.
The thing that worries me most about the Skins is that backfield if Portis comes back strong. Betts played extremely well down the stretch. Could be very potent. That's what you need with a young QB. The defense doesn't frighten me in the least.
Their defense will be back next year. They had a plethora of injuries this year. Add either Allan Branch or Jamal Anderson to that unit, and its gonna be pretty darned good. Im telling you, its way to early to say anything yet, but they could be back in a big way next year.

As for as the Giants, I can't honestly comment yet. FA and the draft haven't come by yet, who knows what happens. Right now, Im not as optimistic as I was last year, but at the same time, if we can stay healthy and improve our unit via FA and the draft, I don't see why we can't have a fighting man's chance. We afterall did make the playoffs with damn near half the roster injured.

Everything will be clearer after the draft. Right now, who knows how things pan out. NO made the NFC championship game with good coaching, good FA moves, and a solid draft. So anything is possible.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Our defense is going to get so much pressure, I can't wait. And you know what that means, more INT's for Newman, and finally a pro-bowl berth (knocks on wood).

Our DB's aren't that old, Henry is 29 as of right now, and 30 isn't even old anymore, plus DB's play for the longest in the NFL besides QB.

But signing Adalius Thomas is just stupid to me, I know that you can't enough linebackers in the 3-4, but that is for depth purposes, not for star players purposes. We will have too many players with starting potential, in fact we already do, so adding adalius would just be stupid. I think we should trade a LB IMO, and if we pick up any they better be for back up purposes only.

And BBD you make very good points, and don't take this the wrong way, but I think your scared. Wade is going to put our defense over the top and without Tiki you uguys are done, even with tiki you would be done actually. And and I both know it.
To be honest with you, when BP retired I breathed a sigh of relief. Wade Phillips is not better than BP, even the old tired version that Dallas had. Everything said in the press conference sounds great. We went through the same thing with Coughlin. Wade is gonna say all the right things. But actions speak louder, and his actions up to this point in his career does not scare me that much.

It might sound weird, but I have a feeling Washington might be back in a big way next year. Thats who is really scaring me right now.
The thing that worries me most about the Skins is that backfield if Portis comes back strong. Betts played extremely well down the stretch. Could be very potent. That's what you need with a young QB. The defense doesn't frighten me in the least.
Their defense will be back next year. They had a plethora of injuries this year. Add either Allan Branch or Jamal Anderson to that unit, and its gonna be pretty darned good. Im telling you, its way to early to say anything yet, but they could be back in a big way next year.

As for as the Giants, I can't honestly comment yet. FA and the draft haven't come by yet, who knows what happens. Right now, Im not as optimistic as I was last year, but at the same time, if we can stay healthy and improve our unit via FA and the draft, I don't see why we can't have a fighting man's chance. We afterall did make the playoffs with damn near half the roster injured.

Everything will be clearer after the draft. Right now, who knows how things pan out. NO made the NFC championship game with good coaching, good FA moves, and a solid draft. So anything is possible.
I guess your right.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

I think a rebuilding year is close for the redskins.

They keep putting off impending salary cap hell by releasing and restructuring players. Eventually they are going to be in full blown rebuilding mode. And they wont have a core of players to build around.

Id say giants and eagles duke it out for the NFC east title.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87
That's a joke right?

Giants blow, eagles blow.

If the Cowboys don't take the East by atleast 3 games we will be a serious let down.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by "49ersfan_87
That's a joke right?

If the Cowboys don't take the East by atleast 3 games we will be a serious let down.
How? The eagles won the division with a backup QB.

If reid actually runs the ball, and gets some help to stop the run, they are deadly IMO.

The giants were hit HARD by injuries. They lost a lot of players to injuries. Guys like

Luke Petigout
Justin Tuck
Osi Umeniyora
Carlos Emmons
Michael Strahan
Amani Toomer

But it all depends on how they rebound from tiki and eli stepping up.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
dickson1187

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

BBD, I have to say one thing -- without Tiki you guys are in deep trouble unless the D plays much better. You are telling me Eli is ready for this challenge? Not yet IMHO. I can see some serious problems next year in NYG land.

I think the Cowboys are going to struggle because too much new coaching. They are the most talented but you are correct that losing Parcells is huge. This team was one year of maturity away from doing a 13-3 but that is bye-bye now ..... TO will cost the team a game or two. Roy in coverage a game or two. Garrett being new a game or two.

I think next year is between Redskins and Eagles barring injuries. Both D's will play better and those two have among the best running attacks / OL in the NFL. So my "prediction" is .......

Eagles 11-5
Redskin 10-6
Dallas 9-7
Giants 6-10
Old 02-09-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
That's a joke right?

I kind of remember you saying that the cowboys were leagues above everyone in the east last year. That didn't work out so well for ya.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

bbd, Anderson or Branch would be the only player they will add. They had only their first round pick (the sweetest thing is that they traded their third for TJ "cheeseburger" Duckett"). And maybe Anderson or Branch would play for them only ST. Every year they seem afraid to let their rookies play.
Maybe they will spend a lot of money on a guy as they did every year, but I don't see a FA who can come in Washington and make a huge difference.

On defense, their line is mediocre. Carter looks like a FA bust, and they have a ridicolous amount of sacks this past season. They will still have Lemar Marshall in the middle. And their secondary are just so and so. Taylor got beat all season long and they have no one to play the other safety position. Shawn Springs performances are falling down year after year, and Carlos Rogers needs to step up if they won't to stop the NFC wrs.
So no, their defense doesn't scary me at all.

80% of their offense is their OL. Betts played so well because of his OL.
They will lose Dockery and they're starting to get old. Both Jansen and Thomas are 31, and Jansen seemed like he has lost a step last year. If their oline plays bad they are a real bad team on offense. Their WRs are way to inconsistant. Moss is the definitin of inconsistance, Randle El is a joke and so is Lloyd. Campbell played well, but he was well protected.
Look at the Eagles. Garcia played so well because he had all time to throw. Any QB in the league will kill you with five-six seconds to throw. Yes, even Drew Bledsoe.

And I know you have a man-crush on Parcells, but I simply don't see him as a great coach anymore. He's old, he made a great work for us putting in Big-D the right players. Right now the game isn't anymore "you have to run and stop the run to win". This is Parcells philosophy. We were able to stop the run, and we were able to run. But hey, if other teams tried to throw the ball, they were killing us. Even if we had arguable the best trio of CBs in the league. You can say that the problem was the safeties play, and I would agree with you, but the very problem was that we can't get pressure to the QB. Our playcalling WAS way to conservative. Anyone should kill you if you give him time.
I simply don't like very much Parcells philosphy of "stop the run on 1st and 2nd and then put your nickel defense on the field". This philosophy doesn't work so well anymore. You have to put other teams in 2nd and 3rd and long situation. And you can't do that if you rush only four guys and the d-line can't put pressure. Phillips is gonna use our d-line better, imo.
This is a quote from Luis Castillo

Quote:
"Those guys are going to love his system," Chargers defensive end Luis Castillo said. "They've been in a straight-forward 3-4 defense where they were two-gapping. They're going to do a lot more moving, a lot more blitzing. They're going to have opportunities to make plays."
So, is Phillips a better coach than Parcells? Overall no, but right now I guess he should do a better job. I thank Parcells because he has given us a very talented team. But with all this talent he can't win. So or we are not so talented or Parcells wasn't so good as a coach.
Imo he was very good in picking player and growing them up, but on the field he seemed to have lost his passion.
And I really think that we have a very talented team. All we miss is a great guard to replace Rivera, but look at our roster, we have great players in all positions.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:20 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix
Quote:
Quote:
That's a joke right?

I kind of remember you saying that the cowboys were leagues above everyone in the east last year. That didn't work out so well for ya.
They were, and they still are. They had a couple of bad games at the end, oh well. The giants suck with Tiki, without him, OMG, have fun picking in the top 10 of the 2008 draft.

Wade Phillips is gonna make our defense so sick it isn't even funny.

And Jason Garret isn't going to hold our offense back, he will take it to the next level.

Parcells held everything back, so we are not gonna be held back, the cowboys are gonna dominate. If we aren't atleast in the NFC Title game it will be a huge letdown.

And the Eagles??? are you serious? thgey got on a little hot streak at the end with garcia, oh wow. They are a joke, please. They go 8-8 or worse next year.

The Cowboys have the most talent by far, now he have the coaches that won't hold them back.

OMG we are gonna DOMINATE!!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's a joke right?

They were, and they still are. They had a couple of bad games at the end, oh well. The giants suck with Tiki, without him, OMG, have fun picking in the top 10 of the 2008 draft.

And Jason Garret isn't going to hold our offense back, he will take it to the next level.

Parcells held everything back, so we are not gonna be held back, the cowboys are gonna dominate. If we aren't atleast in the NFC Title game it will be a huge letdown.

And the Eagles??? are you serious? thgey got on a little hot streak at the end with garcia, oh wow. They are a joke, please. They go 8-8 or worse next year.

The Cowboys have the most talent by far, now he have the coaches that won't hold them back.

It's nice to be a rabid fan, but I think you need to ground your enthusiasm in a little reality. One of the reasons the Eagles beat us twice last year is because they dominated us at the line of scrimmage. Don't be deluded into thinking that that won't happen again, unless we show more toughness and strength at the point of attack. Plus, they were missing Kearse. Now while I do believe that Dallas will win the division next year, don't get it twisted. The East will be a bloodbath like it always is.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
dickson1187

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's a joke right?

So let me get this ....

Garrett is going to take an Offense Scoring 26.5PPG "to the next level?" The same Garrett with no hands on experience actually coaching a decent QB or running an O.

Parcells held everything back but still scored 26 PPG and was a top 5 D until we forgot to cover in December.

The Cowboys are the most talented but the Eagles, New Orleans and Detroit wupped our buts.

This is exactly what is wrong with Cowboy fans. A view of worth inflated beyond reality or possible reason.

No wonder the town is in a collective blame Parcells mode. How else do explain such failure in 2006. Cowboys where entitled to march into Miami b/c they have talent. Forget the failures of the "talented" players in key situations.

They say Jerry is irrational but so are the fans it seems. No wonder we have been in a deep freeze for the last 12 years.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's a joke right?

Calm down there buddy. There's a thin line between confident and delusional, and you pretty passed that line by a mile. It's not going to be a easy ride to a division title. We've yet to fill any holes on out team, and depending who is there, we can't say how much of an improvement we will make. And for f.u.c.ksake it is only Feburary!! Calm your ass down.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
dickson1187

On a side note, Jerry giving Garrett the annointing oil as future HC and OC is exactly what is wrong with this organization.

Sparano was the OC this year. He was called creative, bright and hard working. He is wanted by several teams in the league. We scored 26.5PPG with a mediocre line. His Jerry reward -- a demotion.

Haley, the second best guy on the staff, was given a job as OC by an ex, successful OC. His Jerry reward -- having to kiss TO butt.

Garrett has two years experience as a QB coach to Gus and Joey. Was on an experienced top heavy Miami Staff where his direct contributions are questionable at best. Has no track record or success coach. His reward -- Jerry annointing oil.

So sad. Wish my team the best but gotta believe things are going the wrong way
Old 02-10-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Ok, but I do believe our offense will get to the next level because we won't be so conservative.

Look at the Seattle game for instance, they had freakin pete hunter on the best reciever in the game, and we didn't throw over 30 yards once, are you serious? Bill Parcells f'in sucks.

And most talented doesn't mean you always win, but the Cowboys definitly have the most talent.

Who has more? I'll answer that for you, no one.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok, but I do believe our offense will get to the next level because we won't be so conservative.

Look at the Seattle game for instance, they had freakin pete hunter on the best reciever in the game, and we didn't throw over 30 yards once, are you serious? Bill Parcells f'in sucks.

And most talented doesn't mean you always win, but the Cowboys definitly have the most talent.

Who has more? I'll answer that for you, no one.
Tony Romo threw 29 times in that game. He hardly played conservative, it was very balanced. Romo just had a horrible game, thats all. He threw for less than 200 yards, and was throwing some in the dirt.

You are what you are. The Cowboys just weren't good enough. Thats it. How can they be the most talented when they went 9-7 while staying healthy? That doesn't make sense.

I think youre exaggerating the talent level on the team a bit. I'll say this much, I watched plenty of Cowboy games this past year. Blitzing wasn't the only issue. I saw numerous times where Dallas came in an all out blitz (particularly out of the nickel) and it still didn't get there. The players just weren't getting it done.

The players need to take their game to the next level to make this work. If Ware, Spears, Roy, Watkins, Carpenter, and Canty come back to TC with the same skillset as this past year, with no signs of improvement, it can get ugly. They should mature considering their youth, but thats what was a major issue. They just weren't as good as you'd hope them to be this year, they didn't develop quickly enough.

As far as the Giants go, yes, I am worried about Tiki. But FA didn't even start yet. What if we draft Lynch or nab Thomas Jones etc? Who knows what happens, its far too early to speculate how much Tiki's absence will hurt us when FA didn't even start yet. I do believe that we're in trouble if Jacobs is the lone starter with no plan B, I agree on that. But I doubt the Giants take that approach.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

OMG, talent does not mean winning, it is just talented players.The cowboys definitly have the most talent in the NFL.

And wow, Romo threw 29 times, but like I said BBD, they didn't throw to T.O. or terry glenn over 30 yards once, against pete hunter, kelly jennings, and kelly herndon, are you freakin serious?!?!?!?!

worst coaching I have ever seen.

Who has more talent than Newman, Williams, T.O., Glenn, Romo, Julius and Marion, Crayton, Witten, James, Ware, Carpenter, Ayodele, Ferg, Canty, and Spears?

No one, period. Ware is probably the most talented player in the NFL, he can be better than LT when he wants too.

The cowboys have the most talented team, now we just need to use it correctly.

BBD you know this team has elite talent, don't lie about that. Talent does always translate to winning, look at the patriots, talent wise they suck, but they just win. The Cowboys have the most talent. And everyone knows it.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
OMG, talent does not mean winning, it is just talented players.The cowboys definitly have the most talent in the NFL.

And wow, Romo threw 29 times, but like I said BBD, they didn't throw to T.O. or terry glenn over 30 yards once, against pete hunter, kelly jennings, and kelly herndon, are you freakin serious?!?!?!?!

Who has more talent than Newman, Williams, T.O., Glenn, Romo, Julius and Marion, Crayton, Witten, James, Ware, Carpenter, Ayodele, Ferg, Canty, and Spears?

No one, period. Ware is probably the most talented player in the NFL, he can be better than LT when he wants too.

BBD you know this team has elite talent, don't lie about that. Talent does always translate to winning, look at the patriots, talent wise they suck, but they just win. The Cowboys have the most talent. And everyone knows it.
Calm down buddy...yes the Cowboys have talent, but you're kind of going crazy here. Seriously I dare you to go post that assertion in the NFL forum. You will get ripped apart. No matter how big a homer you may be, the kind of statement you are making just makes Cowboys fans seem biased, tempermental, and even a little bit out of our minds.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude, hardcore homer. How old is this kid? I haven't seen one coherent or objective argument from you, throughout this homer tirade.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

I am 15. And I will stop with the talent thing, but the cowboys do have the most talent in the NFL, and I believe every fan knows that.

Anyway, after just looking up Derrick Dockey, Eric Stienbach, and Kris Dielman, 2 of them are 26, and 1 of them is 27 (I forgot which is which, lol), and they have a good amount of experience. I think that is perfect for our team, as thule said. If jerry doesn't sign one of them I will kill him.

They are young and have a good amount of starting experience. Rivera was a great player and a future HOFer IMO, but come on now, cut him and sign one of these guys, our offensive line is what is holding us back, and just one of them could make the difference.

And Jerry you better resign Columbo and Gurode or i'll kill you, again.

What do you guys think of Al Johnson? resign him or expendable?
Old 02-10-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

[quote="TNewFan41"]I am 15. And I will stop with the talent thing, but the cowboys do have the most talent in the NFL, and I believe every fan knows that.

quote]

Colts

Peyton Manning. Marvin Harrison. Reggie Wayne. Jeff Saturday. Tarik Glenn. Dallas Clark. Dwight Freeney. Bob Sanders. Joseph Addai.

Ravens

Todd Heap. Ray Lewis. Bart Scott. Haloti Ngata. Terrell Suggs. Ed Reed. Dawan Landry. Chris Mccalister. Trevor Pryce.

Not to start a war, but i dont think the cowboys are the most talented. Thyere up there, but not the most.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
I am 15. And I will stop with the talent thing, but the cowboys do have the most talent in the NFL, and I believe every fan knows that.

Anyway, after just looking up Derrick Dockey, Eric Stienbach, and Kris Dielman, 2 of them are 26, and 1 of them is 27 (I forgot which is which, lol), and they have a good amount of experience. I think that is perfect for our team, as thule said. If jerry doesn't sign one of them I will kill him.

They are young and have a good amount of starting experience. Rivera was a great player and a future HOFer IMO, but come on now, cut him and sign one of these guys, our offensive line is what is holding us back, and just one of them could make the difference.

And Jerry you better resign Columbo and Gurode or i'll kill you, again.

What do you guys think of Al Johnson? resign him or expendable?
I don't think he'll be resigned, at least not before Gurode.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 02-10-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

[quote="49ersfan_87"]
Quote:

quote]

Colts

Peyton Manning. Marvin Harrison. Reggie Wayne. Jeff Saturday. Tarik Glenn. Dallas Clark. Dwight Freeney. Bob Sanders. Joseph Addai.

Ravens

Todd Heap. Ray Lewis. Bart Scott. Haloti Ngata. Terrell Suggs. Ed Reed. Dawan Landry. Chris Mccalister. Trevor Pryce.

Not to start a war, but i dont think the cowboys are the most talented. Thyere up there, but not the most.
Dawan Landy? lol ok. The cowboys have more talent than those teams by far. And i forgot to mention greg ellis, kevin burnett, and jason hatcher for the cowboys. OMG it is painfull to see how loaded we are.

But I am not talking about this anymore, so wjhat do you guys think about the 3 guards I mentioned.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd
On a side note, Jerry giving Garrett the annointing oil as future HC and OC is exactly what is wrong with this organization.

Sparano was the OC this year. He was called creative, bright and hard working. He is wanted by several teams in the league. We scored 26.5PPG with a mediocre line. His Jerry reward -- a demotion.

Haley, the second best guy on the staff, was given a job as OC by an ex, successful OC. His Jerry reward -- having to kiss TO butt.

Garrett has two years experience as a QB coach to Gus and Joey. Was on an experienced top heavy Miami Staff where his direct contributions are questionable at best. Has no track record or success coach. His reward -- Jerry annointing oil.

So sad. Wish my team the best but gotta believe things are going the wrong way
I think your letting your hatred of Jerry get the best of your argument. Garrett was an in demand coach not based upon his experience, but on his potential, his intellect, and his knowledge of the game. You would be hard pressed to find anyone that worked with him have nothing but glowing praise for his abilities. We weren't the only ones interested in him. I'll reserve my judgement until I see him in action.

Albert Camus
Old 02-10-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know if anyone saw or cares but we signed Akin Ayodele's Brother as a Defensive Tackle
http://www.dallascowboys.com/

Also just heard on NFL Network
Wade is expected to higher Todd Bowels as DC and his son Wes as QB coach

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Quote:

Calm down buddy...yes the Cowboys have talent, but you're kind of going crazy here. Seriously I dare you to go post that assertion in the NFL forum. You will get ripped apart. No matter how big a homer you may be, the kind of statement you are making just makes Cowboys fans seem biased, tempermental, and even a little bit out of our minds.
It sucks that half of them are.