Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-10-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys
Don't know if anyone saw or cares but we signed Akin Ayodele's Brother as a Defensive Tackle
http://www.dallascowboys.com/

Also just heard on NFL Network
Wade is expected to higher Todd Bowels as DC and his son Wes as QB coach
I dunno about hiring Wes Phillips. He's only been the QB at a D1 team for two years! That's just dumb. The only reason he'll be on the staff is because he's the head coaches son. This isn't Pop Warner. You can't let someone have an important position just because he's your son. I don't think he's ready for the pros. I think we should go after someone more experienced, especially when we're focusing on developing Tony.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys
Don't know if anyone saw or cares but we signed Akin Ayodele's Brother as a Defensive Tackle
http://www.dallascowboys.com/

Also just heard on NFL Network
Wade is expected to higher Todd Bowels as DC and his son Wes as QB coach
I dunno about hiring Wes Phillips. He's only been the QB at a D1 team for two years! That's just dumb. The only reason he'll be on the staff is because he's the head coaches son. This isn't Pop Warner. You can't let someone have an important position just because he's your son. I don't think he's ready for the pros. I think we should go after someone more experienced, especially when we're focusing on developing Tony.
Wade said that other teams are looking at hiring his son, so it is reasonable for him to hire his son. Also I doubt it would be for QB, probably something like quality control, like dc.com suggested.

Garrett will hold most of the responsibility of working with Romo.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My helmet that Romo signed!!! :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my son showing the other side of the helmet...

Troy Aikman baby! :D
Old 02-10-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You lucky bastard :P

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Here's my son showing the other side of the helmet...

Troy Aikman baby! :D
Great pics!

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

ok, now lets get back on topic.

After looking up Stienbach, Dockery, and Dielman, they are all 27 or under, and have atleast 4 years of experience, which is perfect. If Jerry doesn't sign one of them I will kill him. But he will.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41

After looking up Stienbach, Dockery, and Dielman, they are all 27 or under, and have atleast 4 years of experience, which is perfect. If Jerry doesn't sign one of them I will kill him. But he will.
I'll take Dielman

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 02-10-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:

I'll take Dielman
agreed.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Dang! I just listened to Dallascowboys.com radio and Terence Newman said he ran a 10.20 100 meter. Holy sh**!!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:

I'll take Dielman
agreed.
Are we cutting Rivera then?

Albert Camus
Old 02-10-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally think Rivera could take a place as a mentor to some younger Offensive Linemen.

BoneKrusher
Old 02-10-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
I personally think Rivera could take a place as a mentor to some younger Offensive Linemen.
Yeah, I'm not opposed to letting him go. In fact, I highly encourage it. I think he'd make a good mentor.

Albert Camus
Old 02-11-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dockery was born 20 miles from Dallas. He played high school football in Texas and played in college at UT. If we are gonna land on of those mentioned....Derrick is our best chance.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-11-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:

Dockery was born 20 miles from Dallas. He played high school football in Texas and played in college at UT. If we are gonna land on of those mentioned....Derrick is our best chance.
We'll see what kind of affect Wade Phillips has on Deilman... I'd take anyone decent at this point. I don't want to invest a lot.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Think about it though. If we resign Columbo and Gurode, and sign one of those 3 guards, and maybe draft another day 1 OT or OG, our o-line goes from below average right to good.

It would be like this:

Adams-Drafted Player-Gurode-Dielman-Columbo

(Kosier is optional)

With our weapons, and now our defense going to the next level with Wade, watch out super-bowl baby!
Old 02-11-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Kosier did fine this year, I see no reason to pull him. Especially if you plan to put a rookie there. I still think that if we resignn Gurode and Colombo, and sign a guard in FA, there's no need to go after an offensive lineman in the draft until day 2. As far as who I want the Guard we sign to be, I want Stienbach. Dockery didn't have a stellaryear this year, and Stienbach did. He's quite the mauler, and I think he'd be perfect. If we can't get Stienbach, then I'd be fine with Dockery.

BoneKrusher
Old 02-11-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

What about Leonard Davis from ARZ?
Old 02-11-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The question for me is, who will not only be decent or serviceable, but possibility dominating in the near future. Will it be one of the FA like Dockery, Deilman, Steinbech, or one of the draftees like Grubbs, Blalock, Beekman or Rameriez? Maybe will pick one from each, I don't know. But I'm putting my money one of the rookies.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
The question for me is, who will not only be decent or serviceable, but possibility dominating in the near future. Will it be one of the FA like Dockery, Deilman, Steinbech, or one of the draftees like Grubbs, Blalock, Beekman or Rameriez? Maybe will pick one from each, I don't know. But I'm putting my money one of the rookies.
We need someone to be a leader of our offensive line. Rivera called all the blitzes at the line and called the line audibles. You really can't factor that in without knowing that. I mean maybe a guy like Koiser could handle the load..but i'm not buying it. Gurode has shown his mental capacity. So I think our OG addition has to be someone who has experience but is still hasn't peaked.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-11-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Quote:
We need someone to be a leader of our offensive line. Rivera called all the blitzes at the line and called the line audibles. You really can't factor that in without knowing that. I mean maybe a guy like Koiser could handle the load..but i'm not buying it. Gurode has shown his mental capacity. So I think our OG addition has to be someone who has experience but is still hasn't peaked.
Dielman.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Dielman.
I have my money on Dielman going to Miami. Dockery is our best shot.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-11-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for Dielman, the Chargers GM, AJ Smith, said a while ago that re-signing him was priority #1 heading into the off-season. As of right now the two parties havent spoken in about two weeks... why you ask? Rumor has it Dielman is seeking Steve Hutchinson money :shock: ... Is that a price the boys are willing to pay? I'm not too sure but, with all this being said, I would be fairly shocked to see him let go by San Diego.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Listen, whomever Wade hires as DC, QB Coach or whatever you have to assume he's putting together the best staff he can in order to win. No coach is going to sacrifice his ability to be successfull in order to put coaches in place just to apease anyone.

Bowles has been mentioned as DC for some time now and has been impressing the coaching staff even before BP left.

As for Wade's son as the QB coach. Well let me ask you this. If your Grandfather was a HC in the NFL for years and your Father was a HC years do you think that you'd know a helluva lot about football?

Everyone on here thinks they know about football. Do you think you'd know more if your whole family tree consisted of 50+ years of actual Pro Coaching experience?

Yeah, I thought so too. I'll take the son of a coach with that pedigree anytime. Is he young? Sure, does that make him any less likely to know what he's doing? No.

As for FA signings. Don't be surprised if very few big name or even mediocre named players switch teams this year. Most teams have several million dollars in cap money available so if a player leaves their team it's for probably 1 of 2 reasons. Either he's a) going to be overpaid vastly or b) the team he's leaving doesn't really think he's as good as his backup....either of which is bad.

IF anyone spends Hutchinson money on any guard they are a fool. I don't care if it's Bruce Matthews, paying that much money for a player at G is a TERRIBLE investment. Guard is one of the positions in the NFL where the difference between a great player and a good player is very small as compared to other positions. Positions of reduced marginal effect like that are the ones you especially DO NOT pay big money for.

Rivera's contract bordered on too expensive for a G. If we pay that money again, we're down right silly.

Kosier played well for the Cowboys, came at a reasonable price, has the versatility to play other positions, and is young. That's exactly the type of FA at the G position we need to sign if we sign anyone.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Clayton is saying Leonard Davis wil sign with the Cowboys.

Yessssss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote