Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-12-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Ok... Let's play a game...

You get 3 FA signings and the draft. In the draft you can only give us players that are available to us according to scott's mock. So if they are gone in scott's mock, then you can't select them. What do you do?
FA: Josh Brown, Derrick Dockery, Ken Dorsey

Draft
1. Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
2. Brandon Meriweather, FS, Miami(FL)
3. Aundrae Allison, WR, East Carolina
4. Zak DeOssie, MLB, Brown
5. Jay Moore, DE/OLB, Nebraska
6. Quinton Echols, NT, Kansas State
7A. Ramonce Taylor, ATH, Texas
7B. Syvelle Newton, ATH, South Carolina
7C(We have 3 I belive if you check gbn's trades I think it says we have 2 7ths via trades plus our own.) James Pickney, QB, East Carolina
Why would we draft Levi Brown? Colombo was our best offensive lineman this year, and we have a project LT in McQuistan. I just don't see that as a round 1 need right now. Maybe if McQuistan doesn't pan out, but other than that, I just don't see it.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Quote:

You get 3 FA signings and the draft. In the draft you can only give us players that are available to us according to scott's mock. So if they are gone in scott's mock, then you can't select them. What do you do?

Draft
7C(We have 3 I belive if you check gbn's trades I think it says we have 2 7ths via trades plus our own.) James Pickney, QB, East Carolina
Why would we draft Levi Brown? Colombo was our best offensive lineman this year, and we have a project LT in McQuistan. I just don't see that as a round 1 need right now. Maybe if McQuistan doesn't pan out, but other than that, I just don't see it.
What is that thing in you avatar and what is it doing?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
FA: Ken Hamlin, Kris Dielman, Josh Brown

Draft:
2. Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami (FL)
3. Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
4. Trent Edwards, QB, Stanford
6. Ramonce Taylor, RB, Texas
7. BPA
7. BPA

Oh and 2 things: 1: Eric Stienbach is 6-6 290, which is pretty light, we need a mauler, so I don't like the idea, I would much prefer Dielman or Dockery. 2: Stop with this CB crap, Henry with stay were he is, Wade will m,ake sure of that. The move of Henry to FS is just stupid.
I don't think it's stupid, that's a little harsh. I wouldn't be opposed to it. We just have to make sure that corner is a priority this off-season. That's one of the reasons I have Rod Hood on my radar.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free Agency
1) Kris Dielman

2) Donnie Edwards

3) Terdell Sands

Draft

1) Daymeion Hughes
2) Victor Abiamiri
3) Manuel Ramirez
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Draft
It's an excited dancing fat kid.

BoneKrusher
Old 02-13-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Draft:
7. BPA
7. BPA

Oh and 2 things: 1: Eric Stienbach is 6-6 290, which is pretty light, we need a mauler, so I don't like the idea, I would much prefer Dielman or Dockery. 2: Stop with this CB crap, Henry with stay were he is, Wade will m,ake sure of that. The move of Henry to FS is just stupid.
This is actually my favorite scenario...except for the fact that Levi Brown isn't available where we pick according to Scott, and I don't like taking Meriweather in the 2nd. Especially since you've already signed a FS and you have Watkins. I'd rather that pick be a corner or NT.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Draft
It's an excited dancing fat kid.
I have that one too.
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still dont think Merriweather will be available in rd. 2, he's going to test out exceptionally well IMO. Should make the leap (not really a leap more of a hop) into the first.

Side note....

Now that Marty has been fired (AJ Smyth is an idiot), perhaps we will attempt to talk to Brian Stewart again. I'm pretty sure the report was Marty had rejected the cowboys wishes to meet with him and well Marty is gone, maybe we can get with the man now. As for Stewart, he's a smart guy that knows Phillips D well, he's not Manusky but, he's the next best thing.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-13-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
I still dont think Merriweather will be available in rd. 2, he's going to test out exceptionally well IMO. Should make the leap (not really a leap more of a hop) into the first.

Side note....

Now that Marty has been fired (AJ Smyth is an idiot), perhaps we will attempt to talk to Brian Stewart again. I'm pretty sure the report was Marty had rejected the cowboys wishes to meet with him and well Marty is gone, maybe we can get with the man now. As for Stewart, he's a smart guy that knows Phillips D well, he's not Manusky but, he's the next best thing.
I thought it was the GM who accepted and rejected those requests. If not, we should try again.

BoneKrusher
Old 02-13-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Quote:

Side note....

I thought it was the GM who accepted and rejected those requests. If not, we should try again.
I'm not 100% but, I'm almost certain it was Marty's call and Marty said no. We shouldnt have much of a problem now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-13-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
With the firing of San Diego coach Marty Schottenheimer on Monday, the Cowboys might now receive permission to talk to Chargers secondary coach Brian Stewart. Schottenheimer had denied the Cowboys permission to talk to Stewart, a source said.
Here's hoping.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-13-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From The Boys Blog

Quote:
He’s precisely the type of reclamation project Phillips has made his specialty. In his first season with the Chargers, Phillips turned Steve Foley into a Pro Bowler. Foley had sacked quarterbacks 10.5 times in his first six seasons with the Bengals and Texans. He grabbed 10 in 2004. The next year, Phillips rotated Foley with a second year tweener from Purdue named Shaun Phillips. They combined for 11.5 sacks. When Foley missed the ‘06 season recovering from gunshot wounds to his legs, Phillips grabbed 11.5 sacks all by himself.

Parcells drafted defenders with size and speed two seasons ago. Three of them have looked miscast in his power-intensive scheme. Phillips appears ready to tilt the equation more towards quickness and aggression. If he can get Spears, Canty and Burnett to catch up to Ware, he’ll have earned his money, by saving Jerry Jones plenty in the free agent market.
This is the reason why I don't think we need Adalius Thomas or a rushbacker in the first rounds of the draft.
Under Wade Phillips both Foley and Phillips have posted great numbers. This is the reason why I think the problem with the pass rush was with the scheme (and the d-line).
We have both Carpenter and Burnett ready to tear it up. If Wade has made it with Phillips and Foley, why he can't with Carpenter or Burnett?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
From The Boys Blog

Quote:
He’s precisely the type of reclamation project Phillips has made his specialty. In his first season with the Chargers, Phillips turned Steve Foley into a Pro Bowler. Foley had sacked quarterbacks 10.5 times in his first six seasons with the Bengals and Texans. He grabbed 10 in 2004. The next year, Phillips rotated Foley with a second year tweener from Purdue named Shaun Phillips. They combined for 11.5 sacks. When Foley missed the ‘06 season recovering from gunshot wounds to his legs, Phillips grabbed 11.5 sacks all by himself.

Parcells drafted defenders with size and speed two seasons ago. Three of them have looked miscast in his power-intensive scheme. Phillips appears ready to tilt the equation more towards quickness and aggression. If he can get Spears, Canty and Burnett to catch up to Ware, he’ll have earned his money, by saving Jerry Jones plenty in the free agent market.
This is the reason why I don't think we need Adalius Thomas or a rushbacker in the first rounds of the draft.
Under Wade Phillips both Foley and Phillips have posted great numbers. This is the reason why I think the problem with the pass rush was with the scheme (and the d-line).
We have both Carpenter and Burnett ready to tear it up. If Wade has made it with Phillips and Foley, why he can't with Carpenter or Burnett?
I think Burnett has the best chance to be our Phillips, he's lacking Phillips size but, has the speed. I'm really pulling for Carp to be that guy opposite of Ware though, Carps got the size but, does he or will he ever have the game speed? He was rather impressive in our final game. It will be interesting to say the least to see how this unfolds.

I'm hoping he keeps our boys intact... I dont want another LB or DE added to the mix, i think our boys can do it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-13-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
From The Boys Blog

Quote:

I think Burnett has the best chance to be our Phillips, he's lacking Phillips size but, has the speed. I'm really pulling for Carp to be that guy opposite of Ware though, Carps got the size but, does he or will he ever have the game speed? He was rather impressive in our final game. It will be interesting to say the least to see how this unfolds.

I'm hoping he keeps our boys intact... I dont want another LB or DE added to the mix, i think our boys can do it.
The need for another backer all depends on Ellis' return. If he does return healthy, then we should be all set for next season. Otherwise, we may need another pass rush guy (not a 1st round pick though).
Old 02-13-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
With the firing of San Diego coach Marty Schottenheimer on Monday, the Cowboys might now receive permission to talk to Chargers secondary coach Brian Stewart. Schottenheimer had denied the Cowboys permission to talk to Stewart, a source said.
Here's hoping.
OK, cool. Thanks for clearing that up. That's good news for us, then.

BoneKrusher
Old 02-13-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Carpenter is more than capable of playing opposite Ware. Ellis should get the spot if he can come back 100% though. In Phillips press conference he even mentioned Ellis opposite Ware.

As far as Burnett I think his best spot would be MLB, in a Donnie Edwards type role.

I don't think we should bring in any top pick or top FA LB. We have a stockpile of LBs.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
From The Boys Blog

Quote:

I'd like Carp to be the guy opposite Ware, but I think Burnett could definately do that job, though. I'd be happy whith either of them, but I really think Carp could turn into one heck of a player. As far as Ellis goes, I'm just not sure where he really fits, I think Phillips will be very interested in putting in either Carp or Burnett. Just a feeling. Maybe we will trade Ellis afterall...

BoneKrusher
Old 02-13-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I've grown too damn close to the players on this team. Defense imparticular, i dont really want to see any of them replaced, I'm even a big fan of Watkins (he needs to improve obviously but, you gotta love that size and speed). This happens every year though, i was a huge Antonio Bryant fan as well (Man, what a crappy trade). ha. I honestly do believe that the pieces are already here, we just needed the right guy to put them together. I think we found that guy in Mr. Phillips.

Staubach... I'm mesmorized by your jiggling avy. It's hard to look away. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-13-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
I know, I'm the same way. I stare at it all the time.

BoneKrusher
Old 02-13-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I find it offensive. ...it's making fun of a handicapped person.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I find it offensive. ...it's making fun of a handicapped person.
Geez...your digging deep

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Happy Birthday Drew Henson!!!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-13-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Quote:

Draft:
7. BPA
7. BPA

This is actually my favorite scenario...except for the fact that Levi Brown isn't available where we pick according to Scott, and I don't like taking Meriweather in the 2nd. Especially since you've already signed a FS and you have Watkins. I'd rather that pick be a corner or NT.
Oh yea sorry I forgot I put the signing of Hamlin, in that case I would take Tank Tyler in the 2nd.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Draft:
7. BPA
7. BPA

Oh yea sorry I forgot I put the signing of Hamlin, in that case I would take Tank Tyler in the 2nd.
You really need to learn to read. Tank is gone at 26 in scotts mock. He won't be available at our second round pick in real life either.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Draft:
7. BPA
7. BPA

You really need to learn to read. Tank is gone at 26 in scotts mock. He won't be available at our second round pick in real life either.
Tank Tyler will not be picked in the 1st round. I don't give a crap what Scott says. Is Scotts mock the bible? No offense but Scott is no expert. Tank Tyler with be there in the 2nd, or only picked a couple spots before us.

Coming into this season Scott didn't even have Newman in his top 15 CB's after giving up no TD's in a whole season, 1st time in NFL History, and will be the only time in a long time. Now if you call that an expert, good luck with that.

:roll:

Our draft should be focused on the o-line period, that is all we need. If we get an O-line and we don't make the NFC Title atleast, we will be a HUGE disapointments.