Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-15-2007, 08:55 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
If we move Henry to FS I want Ross so bad.. He's gonna be the next great Longhorns' DB..
Yes, but why move Henry to FS?

this is such a stupid idea IMO. CB is one of the hardest positions to find, Henry is already a good CB, what if the move doesn't work out.

That is so stupid IMO.
Well, Henry is on the wrong side of 30 now so even if you don't move him you've got 2 or so years left at CB for him.

So, why not try and move him to FS where you could get 4+ years and bring in a young player? It's not as if Aaron Glenn is young either. You NEED some youth at CB regardless of what you do with Henry. Moving Henry just makes alot of sense for age purposes and the fact you NEED another young talent anyway.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
If we move Henry to FS I want Ross so bad.. He's gonna be the next great Longhorns' DB..

this is such a stupid idea IMO. CB is one of the hardest positions to find, Henry is already a good CB, what if the move doesn't work out.

That is so stupid IMO.
Henry is a perfect fit in Phillips' 3-4 scheme. It sort of like a 46 where the corners jam and the FS plays a veritibal "centerfielder". Roy Williams would play Rover, the perfect role for him. We move nery to FS draft a jam corner in RD1, guard in RD2, and another skill guy in RD3. get it?
Old 02-15-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now, I know we all want Colombo and Gurode to be resigned, but am I the only one who want Romo to get a new contract soon? He's a free agent after next year. I wouldn't mind a 4 or 5 year deal to lock him up for a while. This could be a lot later, but if it doesn't happen this offseason, then you better believe it's going to cost us some money, because he'll garner a lot of intrest. It could wait until camp, but the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Now, I know we all want Colombo and Gurode to be resigned, but am I the only one who want Romo to get a new contract soon? He's a free agent after next year. I wouldn't mind a 4 or 5 year deal to lock him up for a while. This could be a lot later, but if it doesn't happen this offseason, then you better believe it's going to cost us some money, because he'll garner a lot of intrest. It could wait until camp, but the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.
If we don't get Romo signed, it will be because Romo doesn't want to be here. I guarantee Jerry will cough up the dough. We haven't had a home-grown QB of note since Aikman, and Jerry will make sure we keep him.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
If we don't get Romo signed, it will be because Romo doesn't want to be here. I guarantee Jerry will cough up the dough. We haven't had a home-grown QB of note since Aikman, and Jerry will make sure we keep him.
The only person out of that group that won't definately be resigned is Columbo. I think Gurode and Romo will be easy.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen plenty of Nelson to know that he does have some technique problems and his tackling is at times subpar and can be a liability at the next level. There is no way Meriweather is going to be this year's Watson. Watson fell in the draft because,of his fluctuating weight, his lack of speed, and you know having the "underacheiver" label stuck to you throughout college doesnt help your chances. As for Meriweather he has just as much talent of say a Nelson, maybe more so. The only reason we're are even talking about him as a 2nd rounder right now is the two "incidents". The fight for one and returning fire with a legal handgun. I dont think either of these will be large enough to keep a player of Meriweather's talent out of the first. There are players that have done worse and were still selected in round numero uno. I just can't see him making it out of the first. He should test out exceptionally at the combine.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One different between Nelson and Merriweather is height. Merriweather has the height for an average corner. Sure if you are good enough you can overcome height, but I don't think Brandon is that type of special.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99
Quote:
Quote:

That is so stupid IMO.
Well, Henry is on the wrong side of 30 now so even if you don't move him you've got 2 or so years left at CB for him.

So, why not try and move him to FS where you could get 4+ years and bring in a young player? It's not as if Aaron Glenn is young either. You NEED some youth at CB regardless of what you do with Henry. Moving Henry just makes alot of sense for age purposes and the fact you NEED another young talent anyway.
30 is not old anymore. So your saying in 3 years we will have to move Newman to safety, yea right. Newman will have atleast 6 more pro-bowl season, regardless of age. Look at Jason Taylor, who is 32, just had his best season yet, and DE is a much more grueling position than CB. Plus with all the new medicines coming out Henry isn't old at all. I wouldn't be aposed to a young corner, but why fix something that isn't broken? Yet, atleast.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hahaha... Who was the last great NFL DB to come from Texas? Don't tell me Huff cause the jury is still out on him.

I'd take Ross, but I've got my reservations.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
I've seen plenty of Nelson to know that he does have some technique problems and his tackling is at times subpar and can be a liability at the next level. There is no way Meriweather is going to be this year's Watson. Watson fell in the draft because,of his fluctuating weight, his lack of speed, and you know having the "underacheiver" label stuck to you throughout college doesnt help your chances. As for Meriweather he has just as much talent of say a Nelson, maybe more so. The only reason we're are even talking about him as a 2nd rounder right now is the two "incidents". The fight for one and returning fire with a legal handgun. I dont think either of these will be large enough to keep a player of Meriweather's talent out of the first. There are players that have done worse and were still selected in round numero uno. I just can't see him making it out of the first. He should test out exceptionally at the combine.
There's a huge difference in coverage ability. Merriweather isn't close to Nelson. I'm not worried about Nelson's ability to provide run support...and Brandon could very well be better in that aspect. But that's not really our problem. Our problem is coverage and it has been that way for a long time now. I'm much more interested in getting a FS that has elite coverage skills than a FS that can provide run D.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Hahaha... Who was the last great NFL DB to come from Texas? Don't tell me Huff cause the jury is still out on him.

Coming our from Texas is fine as long as your last name is not Williams.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc
Quote:
Quote:

I don't know if I should be laughing with you.. or at you.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

:?

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
There's a huge difference in coverage ability. Merriweather isn't close to Nelson. I'm not worried about Nelson's ability to provide run support...and Brandon could very well be better in that aspect. But that's not really our problem. Our problem is coverage and it has been that way for a long time now. I'm much more interested in getting a FS that has elite coverage skills than a FS that can provide run D.
I dont know about that one. I've seen Nelson bite one too many times on play action to give him that. I'm sure Reggie will be picked before Meriweather... most people have him going anywhere from 9-15 it seems but, i dont think he will have the better pro career. I dont think there coverage ability is nearly as far apart as you think it is and Meriweather has him beat in speed, vertical, and tackling ability. Like I said before I would be happy with either one but, I'm liking Meriweather better in the long run. In either case, they would give us some nice flexibilty given they both have the talent to play safety or corner. I'd be surprised to see either make the move to corner though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-15-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I dont know about that one. I've seen Nelson bite one too many times on play action to give him that. I'm sure Reggie will be picked before Meriweather... most people have him going anywhere from 9-15 it seems but, i dont think he will have the better pro career. I dont think there coverage ability is nearly as far apart as you think it is and Meriweather has him beat in speed, vertical, and tackling ability. Like I said before I would be happy with either one but, I'm liking Meriweather better in the long run. In either case, they would give us some nice flexibilty given they both have the talent to play safety or corner. I'd be surprised to see either make the move to corner though.
Combine will settle some, however, no matter how well Merriweather does, I highly doubt he gets selected before Nelson. I'll be surprised if Merriweather is a first round pick at all. I see Nelson going between 15-20. Lot of teams in that range could use him.

Another issue and it is a big one, is his character flaws. You really cannot underestimate it. ...and as long as we have Jeff Ireland... We won't even give Brandon a second look.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Combine will settle some, however, no matter how well Merriweather does, I highly doubt he gets selected before Nelson. I'll be surprised if Merriweather is a first round pick at all. I see Nelson going between 15-20. Lot of teams in that range could use him.

Another issue and it is a big one, is his character flaws. You really cannot underestimate it. ...and as long as we have Jeff Ireland... We won't even give Brandon a second look.
I agree, unless Nelson flops at the combine (unlikely) he will be drafted before Meriweather. I do love Meriweather's potential though and think who ever drafts him is getting a great one. I do disagree however, I think he has 1st round written all over him, given a nice showing at the combine. We'll have to wait and see... I can't wait. (one of my favorite times of the year.)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-15-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Question for all: Who are some off the radar type players you are most looking forward to seeing at the combine?

For me...

Georgia RB, Danny Ware (Steal, steal, steal)

UNC RB, Ronnie Mcgill (Rumor has it, that he's got his 40 in the low 4.5's.)

Pitt State RB, Germain Race (I love the small school guys and you gotta love his production)

SC WR, Syvelle Newton (I wish he was doing some QB drills)

Delaware TE, Ben Patrick (friend of mine)

Cent. Mich DE, Dan Bazuin (The next hybrid?)

Ole Miss LB, Rory Johnson (I dont why but, he intrigues me)

SC CB, Fred Bennett (Coming into 06 season, considered to be 1st Rd. talent)

WYO S, John Wendling (Another on of my favs, he can do everything you ask of him)

Wake S, Josh Gattis (Always been a big fan, i think he's destined for bigger things than most do)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-15-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That bad? Ricky Williams and Mike Williams.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
ftblisfun9

Assuming Anthony Henry moves to FS
Draft:
1) Aaron Ross CB
2)J osh Beekman G
3) Steve Smith WR
4) Mason crosby(prob not aviable) or Justin Medlock- Kickers
Old 02-15-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Outside of all the Hawaii players...

Dunno... are these guys gonna be there?

QB Toby Korrodi, Tyler Thigpen, Jeff Smith
WR Jacoby Jones, Steve Smith, Courtney Taylor
RB Tyrone Moss
DT Howie Fuimaono, Paul Soliai, Marcus Thomas, Justin Harrell
DE Larry Birdine, Mkristo Bruce
ILB Anthony Waters, Blair Phillips
OLB Stewart Bradly, Dallas Sartz, Ameer Ismail
FS Josh Gattis, Kenny Chicoine, Quinton Teal
Old 02-15-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

RB Tyrone Moss
D-Unit wheres the new Avy and sig? you look naked without one.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That bad? Ricky Williams and Mike Williams.
Gotcha. Thank you.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 02-15-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
Quote:

RB Tyrone Moss
D-Unit wheres the new Avy and sig? you look naked without one.
Bold= Not invited

Korrodi is someone I want to see also. Great size, Good Arm strength, very accurate.

Bruce- good choice... I've heard that some scouts have been calling him a poor man's Jason Taylor. I dont think he has anywhere near Taylor's speed but, perhaps he will surprise at the combine.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-15-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Josh Wilson, CB Maryland
Aaron Ross, CB Texas
Justin Blalock, G Texas
Darelle Revis, CB Pittsburgh
Jacoby Jones, WR Lane

Albert Camus
Old 02-15-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Question for all: Who are some off the radar type players you are most looking forward to seeing at the combine?
Laurent Robinson- WR, Illinois St.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote