Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-16-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
Asante Samuel was franchised tagged. Yes, this means we have a better shot at keeping Henry at CB.
I think Henry should be moved regaurdless.
WHY????

It is a horrible move. When he is healthy he is a good corner. No move should be made.

Don't do it Jerry.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Asante Samuel was franchised tagged. Yes, this means we have a better shot at keeping Henry at CB.
WHY????

It is a horrible move. When he is healthy he is a good corner. No move should be made.

Don't do it Jerry.
How about the fact that we have no young guy getting ready to start. The FS corps this year is terrible in FA..and the only prospects that are worth of being drafted are either gone by our pick or a reach at our pick.

Whereas CB probably has the best value where our pick stands. Makes sense to me.

Get a young guy to be ready to play in a year or so...and solve our FS problem.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
WHY????

Don't do it Jerry.
How about the fact that we have no young guy getting ready to start. The FS corps this year is terrible in FA..and the only prospects that are worth of being drafted are either gone by our pick or a reach at our pick.

Whereas CB probably has the best value where our pick stands. Makes sense to me.

Get a young guy to be ready to play in a year or so...and solve our FS problem.
or let watkins develop, or sign kem hamlin. I would be fine with drafting a CB, but don't move Henry, that is just stupid. And 30 is still relatively young for a CB. He is a good CB, why fix somethign that isn't broken.

It is just beyond me. :roll:
Old 02-16-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, Henry was a little banged up but, he gets fooled way too much by any hint of a double move. He just looked slow this season, he got picked apart all year. I really dont think he is the right man to be playing opposite Newman anymore. Whoever plays on that side is gonna get thrown to a lot, I would love to get a guy like Clements. We should have a decent shot at signing him as well, that is if we can outbid the Skins.

Who else is on the market?

Nick Harper
Randall Gay
Jordan Babineaux

meh... we need to throw some money Clements way.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little more on Henry.

The transition to FS would seem to go quite smoothly. Obviously fast enough to play the position, has great field vision to play the center, and he's a great tackler. I would love the move. It would also enable us to try to develop Watkins while, henry mans the starting job. Henry at FS is better than what Wade had in SD with Marlon Mcree IMO, once again I'd love the move.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-16-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
A little more on Henry.

The transition to FS would seem to go quite smoothly. Obviously fast enough to play the position, has great field vision to play the center, and he's a great tackler. I would love the move. It would also enable us to try to develop Watkins while, henry mans the starting job. Henry at FS is better than what Wade had in SD with Marlon Mcree IMO, once again I'd love the move.
I'd like to move Henry to FS, but I'm still not sure if that's the right move because of CB. I know, we want to throw money at Clements, but he's going to get some big money thrown at him, and I'm just not sure we would spend that much money on the guy. He's really going to rack in being the only really good CB in this FA market. As far as the draft goes, I just don't like the idea of starting a rookie CB, I just don't. I think CB is one of those positions where you don't play them off the bat, and I'm not even sure if we could be one of those top teams if we get killed by the pass because we have a rookie starting at CB. I don't like putting Glenn to start either. Remember the skins game last year. Just remember... Anyway, all this being said, I'd very much like to sign Ken Hamlin to be our starting FS, and get a developmental corner in the 2nd or 3rd round. I like (as most of you problably know) Jonathan Wade from Tennessee.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
A little more on Henry.

I'd like to move Henry to FS, but I'm still not sure if that's the right move because of CB. I know, we want to throw money at Clements, but he's going to get some big money thrown at him, and I'm just not sure we would spend that much money on the guy. He's really going to rack in being the only really good CB in this FA market. As far as the draft goes, I just don't like the idea of starting a rookie CB, I just don't. I think CB is one of those positions where you don't play them off the bat, and I'm not even sure if we could be one of those top teams if we get killed by the pass because we have a rookie starting at CB. I don't like putting Glenn to start either. Remember the skins game last year. Just remember... Anyway, all this being said, I'd very much like to sign Ken Hamlin to be our starting FS, and get a developmental corner in the 2nd or 3rd round. I like (as most of you problably know) Jonathan Wade from Tennessee.
Well... I figure if we dont land Clements. Just leave Henry at corner and hope for the best and tackle the safety need in the draft. I love some of these safties, I think Nelson or Meriweather would be a fantasic addition in round one. I dont think Nelson would be available but, who knows Kiper has us getting him in his mock. :D As for Ken Hamlin that's a thought but, I dont think the Seahwaks are going to let a player of his caliber hit the open market, i'd be very surprised actually.

Just wondering if you want to develop a corner selected in the 2nd, 3rd ala Wade. Who do you want in the first?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-16-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

off topic question for d-unit and m.o.t.h. -- I am a cowboys fan as well as a magic fan, just wondering how you guys came about having them as your favorite teams. People always tell me they think its the weirdest combo of teams for someone to like.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
off topic question for d-unit and m.o.t.h. -- I am a cowboys fan as well as a magic fan, just wondering how you guys came about having them as your favorite teams. People always tell me they think its the weirdest combo of teams for someone to like.
Damn another one... that's crazy.

I moved around a lot when I was younger. Whenever i moved I seemed to get into another sport. Born in Atlanta... I love the Braves, moved to Austin when I was 2... Huge Cowboys fan, moved to St. Augestine a little after that... the Shaq and Penny days :D , became a diehard Magic fan.

My friends rag on me all the time because, I live in jersey now but, I could care less. I love my teams and you wont find a bigger fan.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-17-2007, 12:24 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going on record for saying we draft Marcus McCauley number 22 overall. You heard it hear first.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-17-2007, 02:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm going on record for saying we draft Marcus McCauley number 22 overall. You heard it hear first.
If that happens, I will be sick to my stomach. Colt Brennan ate him for lunch every time we played Fresno. McCauley stinks. I don't care how fast he is, he can't cover or play the game of football.

Daymeion Hughes is still my #1 corner and if we take McCauley over him, I will be pissed. Just pissed.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:21 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all for moving Henry to FS. We can find a talented #2 CB in the first round. Ross or Hughes are my favorite ones.
Phillips is always talkin about the team as a family, so do you think he's gonna bring more Texas-born players?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:11 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
I like (as most of you problably know) Jonathan Wade from Tennessee.
I agree. I would also take Marcu McCauley in the 2nd if he is there. He runs in the 4.3s and is physical, 6-1 205, and could develop into a a great cornerback.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:14 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
If its the 2nd round, I'll be happy with it, but the 1st, unless he runs in the 4.3s, I will be pretty pissed.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:15 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
I'm all for moving Henry to FS. We can find a talented #2 CB in the first round. Ross or Hughes are my favorite ones.
Phillips is always talkin about the team as a family, so do you think he's gonna bring more Texas-born players?
Then I'm scared of blalock in the 1st. :?
Old 02-17-2007, 07:06 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Im scared of Ramonce Taylor before the 7th.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:16 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok, I'd take him in the 7th, seeing that he will be a pro-bowler, a 7th round pro-bowler sounds good to me.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Dave hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok, I'd take him in the 7th, seeing that he will be a pro-bowler, a 7th round pro-bowler sounds good to me.
I wouldn't, character concerns count when drafting a player too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:37 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't, character concerns count when drafting a player too.
In the 7th round? who cares?
Old 02-17-2007, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Dave hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
In the 7th round? who cares?
He was arrested for possession, granted he did it in college but that is a huge stain on your record.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not of fan of moving Henry to FS at all. He may have had an off season this year, but he is more then capable to be solid opposite of Newman. People forget only a two years ago, people were looking at him as the savior at that position, even outplaying Newman. So I have complete trust in him.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
I'm not of fan of moving Henry to FS at all. He may have had an off season this year, but he is more then capable to be solid opposite of Newman. People forget only a two years ago, people were looking at him as the savior at that position, even outplaying Newman. So I have complete trust in him.
You are looking at it all wrong. Most people who want Henry to move to FS, is because of Wade Phillips' 3-4 scheme. Its based off the 46 in which we need a capable covering FS and 2 jamming CBs. Henry is the ideal choice for our "centerfielder", BECAUSE of his coverage skills. I really wish people would understand that.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really have no idea what the Cowboys are gonna do with their 1st. Thats one of the toughest draft picks to project. I have a feeling Jerry Jones is just gonna draft whoever was the biggest workout warrior during the combine.

If thats the case, don't be surprised if you get a guy like McCauley or Brian Leonard.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Olympia Martin
Rookie

Olympia Martin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
I really have no idea what the Cowboys are gonna do with their 1st. Thats one of the toughest draft picks to project. I have a feeling Jerry Jones is just gonna draft whoever was the biggest workout warrior during the combine.

If thats the case, don't be surprised if you get a guy like McCauley or Brian Leonard.
Just an FYI, Jones has stated that he plans on focusing on defense.
Olympia Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by theogt
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense

Just an FYI, Jones has stated that he plans on focusing on defense.
source?

Designs by me
Quote: