Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-18-2007, 07:25 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
HELLO!!!!!! Wade Phillips isn't going to wave his majic wand and make our defense #1. Do you really believe what you're saying? You say "WITH WADE FILIPS, WE COULD BE #1 SECONDARY WITH ALL 7TH ROUND PICKS!!!!!111!1!1!!!!1!11!!!1one!!!!" and "WE HAVE 10X MORE TALENT THAN SAN DIEGOS DEFENCE!!!!!!11!!1!!!!!111!" Both of which are not true. you realize SDs corners were 1st and 2nd round picks, and their 3rd CB was a 1st as well. Their safeties may have been drafted a bit later, but they play very well.
I am overexagerating alitle bit, but if we have even close to the pass rush they had last year, which we should, our secondary should tear it up. Secondaries are only as good as their pash rush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Talk about underrating SDs Corners. As of right now... I would rather have Jammer or Florence starting opposite Newman, more so than Henry. As a duo they have us beat at corner, we have a better SS but, as our defense stands right now, they have the better secondary. Lets say you move Henry to FS, he would be much better than Marlon Mcree, IMO. I wanna see it happen, I think he'd be perfect for the role.
I would honestly rather have Henry before those two guys. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I wanna see what can happen when we have deep support for him. I'm hesitant on moving him to FS because the last time I check, he wasn't the greatest in covering deep. He's a short to mid, physical type corner... not a down field deep coverage guy with recovery speed. I want to keep him at corner and find ourselves a good FS.
Thank you D-Unit.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I live in San Diego so i watch all of the games. Their secondary is by no means elite. Saying you would rather have florence or jammer over henry is rediculous. -- Up untill this past season Jammer was labeled a bust. He got beat so many times his first few years. last year he was just a product of an awesome front 7. same goes for the rest of the secondary really.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
I live in San Diego so i watch all of the games. Their secondary is by no means elite. Saying you would rather have florence or jammer over henry is rediculous. -- Up untill this past season Jammer was labeled a bust. He got beat so many times his first few years. last year he was just a product of an awesome front 7. same goes for the rest of the secondary really.
No way... last season both out performed Henry. There is no way Henry is a better corner than Jammer. Henry is slow... He continually gets beat and beat again and if you put a double move on him... you're getting six.
Henry is a solid... a very solid tackler... He doesnt have great speed but, the speed you would expect out of a S, I think the corner position has passed him by... move em to FS and you may have a pro bowler on your hands. I really want to see this move go down.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

If Levi Brown was there when you guys pick do you see him being taken? If both safeties are gone?
Old 02-18-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em'
If Levi Brown was there when you guys pick do you see him being taken? If both safeties are gone?
It depends on if we resign Colombo.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
It depends on if we resign Colombo.
What do you think are the chances of that?
Old 02-18-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Quote:
No way... last season both out performed Henry. There is no way Henry is a better corner than Jammer. Henry is slow... He continually gets beat and beat again and if you put a double move on him... you're getting six.
Henry is a solid... a very solid tackler... He doesnt have great speed but, the speed you would expect out of a S, I think the corner position has passed him by... move em to FS and you may have a pro bowler on your hands. I really want to see this move go down.
Dude your all wrong. Henry isn't as slow as you think. He had a knagging knee injury for the last 5 or so games of the season. Did you not see when he picked off Garcia on Christmas he was limping so bad is wasn't even funny. Henry is a good CB, leave him there. Jammer absolutely sucks, are you serious?
Old 02-18-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Dave hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
If Levi slips to the Cowboys at our pick, first i'd thank god. Then I would proceed to kill myself because Jerry likes to piss people off and wouldn't take him. :evil:
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Quote:
If Levi slips to the Cowboys at our pick, first i'd thank god. Then I would proceed to kill myself because Jerry likes to piss people off and wouldn't take him. :evil:
Well, Levi Brown will be a top 10-15 pick so I think it's very unlikely that he would fall. Guys fall for a number of reasons, but usually it's bad combine numbers or off the field issues or a lackluster senior year. Levi Brown is a model citizen off the field, is a very intelligent player, had a very good senior campaign. So, combine numbers? Well the combine numbers for a LT are not very important as compared to say a WR / CB player.

I do not really want to draft an OL in round #1 but if Levi did fall, he'd have to be the pick or a trade down.

As for Nelson, I think it's entirely possible that he is there at 22. This board is full of people that over estimate players. In fact if anyone recalls, last year there were threads all over the place that said Mike Mayock was an idiot. Now, everyone thinks he's a god.

I'm not saying he is or isn't, but he is pretty darn good. He has Nelson as the #8 or 9 DB in the draft. Add to that he plays S and not CB and I think he could fall to the second round. Landry is the only clear cut S in the first round. I like Nelson, but I've watched many UF v. LSU games and Nelson was never someone that before the game you said 'we have to watch out for this guy'.

Also, everyone had Ko Simpson as a possible pick for Dallas last year in the first round. Ko dropped all the way to the second round. This board is vastly overrating Nelson as a top 10-15 pick.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
DSlay4

What would you guys think of getting Adam Carriker if he falls to us?

i for one would love it, as Marcus Spears has shown me NOTHING in his two years here
Old 02-18-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSlay4
What would you guys think of getting Adam Carriker if he falls to us?

i for one would love it, as Marcus Spears has shown me NOTHING in his two years here
I like Carriker, but no. I say we start Hatcher in place of Spears. Hatcher really impresses me.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99
Quote:
Quote:
Well, Levi Brown will be a top 10-15 pick so I think it's very unlikely that he would fall. Guys fall for a number of reasons, but usually it's bad combine numbers or off the field issues or a lackluster senior year. Levi Brown is a model citizen off the field, is a very intelligent player, had a very good senior campaign. So, combine numbers? Well the combine numbers for a LT are not very important as compared to say a WR / CB player.

I do not really want to draft an OL in round #1 but if Levi did fall, he'd have to be the pick or a trade down.

As for Nelson, I think it's entirely possible that he is there at 22. This board is full of people that over estimate players. In fact if anyone recalls, last year there were threads all over the place that said Mike Mayock was an idiot. Now, everyone thinks he's a god.

I'm not saying he is or isn't, but he is pretty darn good. He has Nelson as the #8 or 9 DB in the draft. Add to that he plays S and not CB and I think he could fall to the second round. Landry is the only clear cut S in the first round. I like Nelson, but I've watched many UF v. LSU games and Nelson was never someone that before the game you said 'we have to watch out for this guy'.

Also, everyone had Ko Simpson as a possible pick for Dallas last year in the first round. Ko dropped all the way to the second round. This board is vastly overrating Nelson as a top 10-15 pick.
Ko Simpson was a 4th rounder.

And i don't like Landy, no offense. I think he will be average at best. Nelson is alot better.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41

And i don't like Landry, no offense. I think he will be average at best. Nelson is alot better.
The difference between Landry and Nelson is that Landry actually tends to play safety whereas Nelson is known for his big hits. We don't need two Roy's at safety, we can barely handle one. Landry is more of a cover guy which is exactly what we need right now.
Quote:
Old 02-18-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:

And i don't like Landry, no offense. I think he will be average at best. Nelson is alot better.
The difference between Landry and Nelson is that Landry actually tends to play safety whereas Nelson is known for his big hits. We don't need two Roy's at safety, we can barely handle one. Landry is more of a cover guy which is exactly what we need right now.
No actually Reggie is probably the faster guy who is better in deep coverage. He's known for his playmaking ability more than his big hits. He shot up so much because he had alot of interceptions, and always seemed ot be around the ball.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No actually Reggie is probably the faster guy who is better in deep coverage. He's known for his playmaking ability more than his big hits. He shot up so much because he had alot of interceptions, and always seemed ot be around the ball.
I never questioned who was faster. The fact of the matter is, is that Landry is the proven cover safety whereas Nelson just has the physical tools to be good at it.
Quote:
Old 02-18-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I never questioned who was faster. The fact of the matter is, is that Landry is the proven cover safety whereas Nelson just has the physical tools to be good at it.
Are you serious?

Nelson is 10x better in coverage.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Are you serious?

Oh my god.. you new people anger me to the Nth degree. Please begin to start defending your horrid statements. Nelson had a great season this year but it was only his second season, no one went into a game and said we should watch out for that guy. Granted, by saying that you have to gameplan for him makes him a decent player. In no way am I saying either of these guys suck, im saying Landry is just more of what we need than Nelson.
Quote:
Old 02-18-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only safety I want on the first day is Meriweather...and he is a reach at 22. Landry won't fall....and Nelson I just don't like enough to take in the first. Weddle/Wendling/Griffin all are really nothing more then borderline starters to me. That is why I'm so high on the Henry move.

As for my McCauley call. Most of us here watched the senior bowl. Mayock was really hard on him calling him out on off coverage. But the plays McCauley was making down in the redzone were amazing. I honestly came away watching him in press/man coverage on the los very impressed. If he puts up the numbers that many are expecting...I won't be in the least bit shocked to see him drafted. He reminds me of a poor mans Cromartie from a measurables standpoint. I personally love him in man coverage...and why he might not be half the tackler of Henry...he does give us the speed factor. My big knock on him is playing the man..rather then reading the play. This is probably the main reasons for his struggles in off coverage...he reads the man(thus bites) and is caught out of position. But if you put him down on the los he can match up physically with almost anyone in the league. So his problems are correctable and his weaknesses are defiantly hide able. I think he would be a great option. Because not only does he have tons of upside...but he also has the ability to come in and play at a high level...if not asked to play with his weaknesses.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Are you serious?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Hahaha... heh...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

10x better? Get a clue! Please, stop exagerating.

BoneKrusher
Old 02-18-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Quote:
in regaurds to this last season i would agree with you. but i also feel that he was able to outperform henry due to the pass rush and awesome LB play. My point was that i am not ready to call Jammer better than henry based off of 1 season because he had been considered a huge underacheiever up until this past year. Most of my friends wants to totally redo the charger secondary up until this recent season.

I also am one of the people on this bored who heavily criticized Henry durring our last season. Prior to the colts game I stated that if we lost it would be because henry got beat by reggie wayne. I dont like Henry as the number 2 corner on this team, in fact i would rather see him as our 3rd CB.

I want someone like clements in FA or a corner in the second round to sure up that side of the secondary. I dont trust Henry or watkins at FS right now and i would love either nelson or meriweather in the first because of their potential to have the ability to allow roy to play closer to the line.

preferably meriweather, for some reason i think the kid is going to be like a mini ed reed. i like players from miami, and i feel like he is one of those guys who is going to play with a chip on his shoulder after taking a bit of a slip in the draft. great speed and size, he just needs to get a little more polished.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tnew41... Your lack of knowledge astounds me at times. You obviously have not seen that many Chargers games have you? I'm not trying to be too harsh or anything but, it doesnt seem like you know what your talking about on the subject. Quentin Jammer had an exceptional season... career highs in tackles, passes defended, and he tied a career high for ints. It took a while but, this season Jammer really broke out. I know Henry was hampered by injury but, even in 2005 he continually made the same mistakes and got beat on many occasions. I think FS, suits him better now but, you know thats just an IMO. We'll see what happens but, in Wade's D, he could really excell there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-18-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
in regaurds to this last season i would agree with you. but i also feel that he was able to outperform henry due to the pass rush and awesome LB play. My point was that i am not ready to call Jammer better than henry based off of 1 season because he had been considered a huge underacheiever up until this past year. Most of my friends wants to totally redo the charger secondary up until this recent season.

I also am one of the people on this bored who heavily criticized Henry durring our last season. Prior to the colts game I stated that if we lost it would be because henry got beat by reggie wayne. I dont like Henry as the number 2 corner on this team, in fact i would rather see him as our 3rd CB.

I want someone like clements in FA or a corner in the second round to sure up that side of the secondary. I dont trust Henry or watkins at FS right now and i would love either nelson or meriweather in the first because of their potential to have the ability to allow roy to play closer to the line.

preferably meriweather, for some reason i think the kid is going to be like a mini ed reed. i like players from miami, and i feel like he is one of those guys who is going to play with a chip on his shoulder after taking a bit of a slip in the draft. great speed and size, he just needs to get a little more polished.
If we couldnt land a Clements... Meriweather would be my ideal choice as well. I love his potential.... he's actually lacking in the size department but, he still got a good body for the position.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-18-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Tnew41... Your lack of knowledge astounds me at times. You obviously have not seen that many Chargers games have you? I'm not trying to be too harsh or anything but, it doesnt seem like you know what your talking about on the subject. Quentin Jammer had an exceptional season... career highs in tackles, passes defended, and he tied a career high for ints. It took a while but, this season Jammer really broke out. I know Henry was hampered by injury but, even in 2005 he continually made the same mistakes and got beat on many occasions. I think FS, suits him better now but, you know thats just an IMO. We'll see what happens but, in Wade's D, he could really excell there.
I can agree with you there.

BoneKrusher
Old 02-18-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I can agree with you there.
I couldn't agree with you more
Old 02-19-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This place is a mad house.

McCauley is a very terrible football player. I've watched him play against Hawaii the last 4 years and all I have to say is... Torch City! This past season was particularly brutal. I watched him try to defend Hawaii's passing offense and I felt sorry for him. I mean.... Colt Brennan is great and all, but really McCauley sucks big time.

Reggie Nelson can lay the wood, but he is not "known for his big hits"... Comparing him to Roy Williams is absolutely laughable. To those people saying opponents never planned against him... I wanna know how you can make that claim. Are you on any SEC coaching staffs? Nelson was the best NFL prospect on Florida's defense this past year. He makes those around him better players.

Also, I very much dislike when guys come out and say "people on this board overrate/exhaggerate players"... yeah, we're not perfect, but how can you say something like that and try to disclaim all of our thoughts and ideas on players. I guarantee we were more right on players than we were wrong. I know I was right when I was the first to come out and predict Carpenter would be our pick.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote