Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-19-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
I know I was right when I was the first to come out and predict Carpenter would be our pick.
I was one of the first to want Carpenter, but I didn't think the team had the brain to take him and would take another project like Lawson or Wimbley.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Quote:
I know I was right when I was the first to come out and predict Carpenter would be our pick.
I was one of the first to want Carpenter, but I didn't think the team had the brain to take him and would take another project like Lawson or Wimbley.
I debated pretty hard that Lawson was too skinny for the job... It was interesting to hear Parcells talk about debating really hard in the war room whether or not to take Lawson... with the thought of moving Ware to the strong side.... I never thought of that idea.... I knew Wimbley wouldn't last to us... When we were actually on the clock, I was kind of hoping for Winston Justice.... Chad Jackson was also a hope... but last season it was pretty clear that we were gonna take Carp... I was about 80% sure.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok, now you have to say who's gonna be our first pick this year :D

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:01 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
Quote:
I must say... it was fun chatting with Carp last year before the draft... JJJ and JDallas chimed into the conversation too! I remember telling him he was gonna get drafted by the Boys... I told him the team need at SOLB, how he'd fit in perfectly and how having Sexton as his agent meant a lot... as I gave him the list of other Sexton agents in that Parcells pipeline... and he was like, wow, you've been doing your homework... I'd love to play for Parcells.

With Phillips, this year will be a crap shoot. Doubt he'll have the same pull BP had. FA will determine a lot too.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:24 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I must say... it was fun chatting with Carp last year before the draft... JJJ and JDallas chimed into the conversation too! I remember telling him he was gonna get drafted by the Boys... I told him the team need at SOLB, how he'd fit in perfectly and how having Sexton as his agent meant a lot... as I gave him the list of other Sexton agents in that Parcells pipeline... and he was like, wow, you've been doing your homework... I'd love to play for Parcells.

With Phillips, this year will be a crap shoot. Doubt he'll have the same pull BP had. FA will determine a lot too.
D-Unit is right, you can't predict until after FA. I am pretty sure we will get 1 of the 3 big name guards, so we probably won't take a guard until round 3 (manuel ramirez) or later.

Oh and Terence Newman is on Cold Pizza this morning, so watch it.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers supposedly hiring Norv Turner... I guess those games they won against the Raiders while he was coaching at Oakland made a big impression on them.

Anyway, does anyone think we'll go after Darren Sharper if he gets to FA? He's a veteran player that could be a impact guy and groom Watkins to start in the near future.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
dickson1187

Quote:
Quote:
Wimbley a project? How do you figure that? He almost broke the rookie sack record.

Lawson and Carp I do understand but Wimbley played pretty good and to me he looks to be better than Ware or Merriman. My idea anyway.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
dickson1187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble
Chargers supposedly hiring Norv Turner... I guess those games they won against the Raiders while he was coaching at Oakland made a big impression on them.

Anyway, does anyone think we'll go after Darren Sharper if he gets to FA? He's a veteran player that could be a impact guy and groom Watkins to start in the near future.
Must not take much to impress Spanos.

On Sharper, he would help but we would be somewhat overstocked with biggish Safeties. Sharper is not the greatest cover guy though better than what we have.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd
Quote:
Quote:
Wimbley a project? How do you figure that? He almost broke the rookie sack record.

Lawson and Carp I do understand but Wimbley played pretty good and to me he looks to be better than Ware or Merriman. My idea anyway.
Project because he never played standing up in college. Not because he wasn't going to be good.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You sucked up to Carp soooo much last year.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You sucked up to Carp soooo much last year.
What can I say... I was star struck in love like a 13 year old little girl.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I too think Merriweather is going to be a beast. I think our draft would be awesome if we could come out of the first two rounds with Grubbs & Merriweather.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur
I too think Merriweather is going to be a beast. I think our draft would be awesome if we could come out of the first two rounds with Grubbs & Merriweather.
If Merriweather is there in the 2nd, I wouldn't mind the pick.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
No. Not Grubbs. He is a smaller, more athletic guard, we don't want that. We need a mualer, that is why Blalock or Ramirez would be better.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
Quote:
No. Not Grubbs. He is a smaller, more athletic guard, we don't want that. We need a mualer, that is why Blalock or Ramirez would be better.
Ramirez is sooo overrated. He's a 2nd Day guy imo. No doubt. I would take Grubbs over him any day.

But like I keep saying... OG should be addressed in FA. I don't want to draft one unless it's Day 2. Indy just franchised Freeney. Jake Scott and Ryan Lilja should be available now. I'd take either.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
dickson1187

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd
Quote:
Quote:

Pretty short project. He looks to be a more catalytic player than Merriman or Ware if you ask me. Fair enough though.
Project because he never played standing up in college. Not because he wasn't going to be good.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ramirez is sooo overrated. He's a 2nd Day guy imo. No doubt. I would take Grubbs over him any day.

But like I keep saying... OG should be addressed in FA. I don't want to draft one unless it's Day 2. Indy just franchised Freeney. Jake Scott and Ryan Lilja should be available now. I'd take either.
Ramirez is for sure overrated on this board, dunno about real life.

As for guards, I'm rooting for Dockery myself. He's from my hometown highschool and is a nasty beast in the run game and an underrated pass blocker. Plus, it'd be one more way to sock it to Washington.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

As for guards, I'm rooting for Dockery myself. He's from my hometown highschool and is a nasty beast in the run game and an underrated pass blocker. Plus, it'd be one more way to sock it to Washington.
Ramirez is a solid late 2nd to 3rd round pick.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If you say so.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
If you say so.
We should have just taken Jon Scott last year in the first...I don't know what we were thinking.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Quote:
If you say so.
We should have just taken Jon Scott last year in the first...I don't know what we were thinking.
Are you geing serious or sarcastic?

I can't tell over the internet.........
Old 02-19-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
dickson1187

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dockery plus sticking it to the Deadskins would be nice.

Still not sure with all new staff unfamiliar with the NFC if they are going gang busters on the idea. I expect with Wade we look more seriously at AFC talent.
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

We should've taken Marcus McNeil. lol. Last year, I hated on him big time... Whoops!
dickson1187

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Quote:
If you say so.
Are you geing serious or sarcastic?

I can't tell over the internet.........
Sarcastic and mocking.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
We should've taken Marcus McNeil. lol. Last year, I hated on him big time... Whoops!
Thats why Manuel Ramirez is gonna be nasty.