Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-21-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

who should we take at #22? i'm so confused. i don't wanna sound like a gieco commercial but somebody help me. i want to take the best WR available. but i don't see us doing that. so maybe corner or FS. tell me what you think and who. :D
Old 02-21-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmock
who should we take at #22? i'm so confused. i don't wanna sound like a gieco commercial but somebody help me. i want to take the best WR available. but i don't see us doing that. so maybe corner or FS. tell me what you think and who. :D
Ginn is #1a
Hall is #1b
Ross is #2
McCauley is #3

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default FA and Draft

I think Crayton will stay......maybe a one year deal, but if he does leave...I don't think it will hurt too much...i think Hurd could step in. Draft wise....I think....with the signing of Gurode...we don't nec. have to go OL in round 1. I think if a safety falls....we go for it.....the close we get....the more clearer the picture gets..

Do you think Merriweather would be to high with #21? if so I really don't think he would be around in round 2.

Levi Brown or Blalock would be ok.........

Realistic.... Merriweather RD 1
Ramirez of Grubbs RD 2
What do u think?
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: FA and Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1
I think Crayton will stay......maybe a one year deal, but if he does leave...I don't think it will hurt too much...i think Hurd could step in. Draft wise....I think....with the signing of Gurode...we don't nec. have to go OL in round 1. I think if a safety falls....we go for it.....the close we get....the more clearer the picture gets..

Do you think Merriweather would be to high with #21? if so I really don't think he would be around in round 2.

Levi Brown or Blalock would be ok.........

Realistic.... Merriweather RD 1
Ramirez of Grubbs RD 2
What do u think?
I think Henry should move to FS, we take Ross in RD1. RD2 we take Blalock/Beekman. Sears and Grubbs will be gone. I like Meriweather as well he can play either FS or CB.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Ginn is #1a
Hall is #1b
Ross is #2
McCauley is #3
You seem to be the only one who likes Ginn :D
Personally, I hate him. Too much of a project, I would prefer Dwayne Bowe, this is the type of receiver I like. A good reliable guy who can make catches in the middle. Ginn will be a #2, he will never be a true number 1, I see Joey Galloway written all over him.

If we go wr in the first I want Bowe, in the second Rice (but we'll have to trade up).
If we go CB in the first I want Ross or Hughes. I was on Hughes bandwagon all year long. I don't know so much about 2nd round CB.
If we go safety I want Nelson in the first, Griffin or Merriweather in the second.

But the most important thing in this offseason is to grab Dielman or Dockery and resing Colombo. If we won't be able to do both this moves I want a G or a T in the second round. I really like Joe Staley, but we should trade up in the second to grab him..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:16 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

ginn has broken body written all over his twig frame IMO. Im starting to think more about this henry at FS and taking a CB in the first Idea. Realistically do you guys think it would be better to have a vet back at FS and a rookie at CB or the other way around? Im torn because none of us know how well henry could play FS and if we passed on a Nelson or Merriweather who have the potential to be stars at free safety it could come back to haunt us. If henry sucks and we have a rookie corner or arron "i take the stupidest risks ever" glenn on the left side, that would mean another year of using roy to help in coverage which doesnt help at all anyways. we will be shredded just like we were last year.

Where as Henry is average enough at corner and it might benefit us greatly to get a ballhawk FS and hope they have an instant impact.

I also like merriweather because we could use him and watkins at the same time in certain passing downs by either having merriweather come up as the third corner or taking out roy and having 2 cover guys back there...

just random thoughts as of now, what do you guys think.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:11 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Do you think Gurode will be a perrenial (sp?) Pro Bowler for years to come?

I'm not hating on the guy or anything, just want to see your thoughts. Glad we have him back. I wonder how much cap we have left now. I know Terry Glenn has a 5M bonus to be paid before March 1. We still have Columbo, Crayton and Pro Bowler... McBriar... I believe TO has a bonus too.
I don't like to say this, and I know no one wants to hear this, but I don't think Crayton will be back next year. I think that we have other ways to go, and I think Hurd could be our #3 next year. I just don't think we have the space to sign him, Colombo, McBriar, and free agents, not to mention draft picks.
I'd love to have Crayton back, but with teams having more money to spend this year, I feel someone will open up their purse for Crayton.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Sign Dielman, and Columbo, and our offensive line becomes good.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At this point predicting our draft picks without going through free agency is just pointless. There's so many possible scenarios for us.

-If Henry moves to safety and we don't get a cb in FA,then we take a CB in the first round.
-Henry stays at CB and we don't pick up a safety in FA, then we take a safety in the first round
-If we address both cb and safety in FA, then we go after OL, NT or WR in the first

Even then there's still more scenarios that could possibly happen.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod
Quote:
At this point predicting our draft picks without going through free agency is just pointless. There's so many possible scenarios for us.

-If Henry moves to safety and we don't get a cb in FA,then we take a CB in the first round.
-Henry stays at CB and we don't pick up a safety in FA, then we take a safety in the first round
-If we address both cb and safety in FA, then we go after OL, NT or WR in the first

I have a feeling we won't be real active in FA this year. It seems like we're focused on resigning our own guys this year, which may not leave a lot extra.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod
Quote:

I have a feeling we won't be real active in FA this year. It seems like we're focused on resigning our own guys this year, which may not leave a lot extra.

Agreed. I do think we sign a guard and a QB though.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

I am 90% sure we sign 1 of the elite guards.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Unit, Im curious as to why you don't like Ramirez? Im really high on him, and I think he'll be one of the steals of this draft.

When grading his performance, keep in mind the difficulties of his assignment at Texas Tech. He's a roadgrader OG who's built for a power run game, but he's playing in a system that has the olinemen spaced apart in pass protection. That system exposes a lot of his limitations that won't readily be aparrant in an NFL style system.

The thing that hurt him the most was the space bw linemen. He's a big strong man, a quick DT can fire the gaps on him when you leave space like that. In the NFL, there will be no such spaces, and he will be a poor man's Shaun Andrews type with the possibility of being more. Remember, he's not a LT, he's an OG, he just has to be a roadgrader and decent in pass protection, which he is. I think he's being slept on, and Id love for the Giants to nab him in the 3rd or 4th if he falls. He's also a leader, and leadership and high character are always underrated.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
D-Unit, Im curious as to why you don't like Ramirez? Im really high on him, and I think he'll be one of the steals of this draft.

When grading his performance, keep in mind the difficulties of his assignment at Texas Tech. He's a roadgrader OG who's built for a power run game, but he's playing in a system that has the olinemen spaced apart in pass protection. That system exposes a lot of his limitations that won't readily be aparrant in an NFL style system.

The thing that hurt him the most was the space bw linemen. He's a big strong man, a quick DT can fire the gaps on him when you leave space like that. In the NFL, there will be no such spaces, and he will be a poor man's Shaun Andrews type with the possibility of being more. Remember, he's not a LT, he's an OG, he just has to be a roadgrader and decent in pass protection, which he is. I think he's being slept on, and Id love for the Giants to nab him in the 3rd or 4th if he falls. He's also a leader, and leadership and high character are always underrated.
Well, here's my take. It's pretty impossible to say any particular palyer will be/won't be any good in the NFL.... So Ramirez might end up being just great. However, there is no need imo for drafting him on day 1 or even Round 4. He has major injury question marks that will be left unanswered before the draft. Only a gambling team will take on that risk.

During his junior year, Ramirez was diagnosed with tendonitis after complaining of pain in his knee. However, that diagnosis was incorrect. Just last month, the injury was determined to be a torn patella tendon, which he played through. Most likely the explanation for the down Senior year. He developed the formation of bone spurs in his knee and surgery was performed to repair all the damage. Because of that, he will not workout at the combine and is unlikely to be able to take part in any pro-day or individual workouts before the draft. Not being able to answer those questions will probably hurt his stock.... especially after coming off a bad senior season and a bad senior bowl appearance.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Well, here's my take. It's pretty impossible to say any particular palyer will be/won't be any good in the NFL.... So Ramirez might end up being just great. However, there is no need imo for drafting him on day 1 or even Round 4. He has major injury question marks that will be left unanswered before the draft. Only a gambling team will take on that risk.

During his junior year, Ramirez was diagnosed with tendonitis after complaining of pain in his knee. However, that diagnosis was incorrect. Just last month, the injury was determined to be a torn patella tendon, which he played through. Most likely the explanation for the down Senior year. He developed the formation of bone spurs in his knee and surgery was performed to repair all the damage. Because of that, he will not workout at the combine and is unlikely to be able to take part in any pro-day or individual workouts before the draft. Not being able to answer those questions will probably hurt his stock.... especially after coming off a bad senior season and a bad senior bowl appearance.
I think you are making up this. What's the point that he can't workout but being in combine. The reason his stock are rising because he have a good Senior Bowl appearance.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc
Quote:
Quote:

I think you are making up this. What's the point that he can't workout but being in combine. The reason his stock are rising because he have a good Senior Bowl appearance.
Good ole irc...lol no idea what he is actually saying :P

If we land a FA OG...IDC who it is I really don't see us going OL on day one. Because if we do resign columbo...we have tons of money tied up in our OL. Now a third round pick isn't really that much trouble cap wise...but investing time and money into a third round guy to sit behind someone really doesn't make sense to me.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-21-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Recent News

Cowboys are holding on the DC position because Phillips is still trying to pry away some of the SD guys.

Quote:
Phillips is attempting to hire San Diego Chargers secondary coach Brian Stewart and assistant linebackers and quality control coach John Pagano. Phillips was denied permission to officially interview Stewart and Pagano two weeks ago. After Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer was fired on Feb. 12, Phillips decided to make another run them.

New Chargers coach Norv Turner said he wants to retain all the current assistant coaches, but Pagano and Stewart are trying to get released from their contracts.

If Stewart is allowed out of his contract, Phillips would hire him as the defensive coordinator in Dallas.

Phillips said he likes Cowboys' secondary coach Todd Bowles, who could become the defensive coordinator.

But Stewart's familiarly with Phillips' 3-4 defense allows the Cowboys to make a smooth transition from the way ex-Cowboys coach Bill Parcells ran his defense.
http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/....1ca5f76b.html

Bring in a New QB coach to interview
Quote:
Todd Archer reports that the Cowboys have interviewed Wade Wilson about returning as quarterbacks coach. Wilson coached Cowboys quarterbacks from 2000 to '02. He has been Chicago's quarterbacks coach the last three seasons.
http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives...nterviews.html

Marco Rivera Situation
Quote:
The Cowboys gave Rivera an $8.3 million signing bonus on his five-year deal. He has played two seasons, which means three-fifths of that signing bonus still must be accounted for, or $4.98 million. That's quite hefty. Then again, he can be assigned to be one of those June 1 decisions, which means he'd count $1.66 million this year if released after that date and then the remaining $3.32 next year. Much more palatable. The Cowboys will have time to decide. Rivera will have time to rehab. As for someone on the team to take his place, remember former head coach Bill Parcells was quite high on Cory Procter, although inactive for all 16 games. Cowboys might have to take a look. They also have Joe Berger, a late-season signing after he was released by Miami.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...1241D688E25C40

IDK if I remember seeing this here. But Gurodes contract is 6 years 30 million with 10 mill signing bonus.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-21-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Recent News

Cowboys are holding on the DC position because Phillips is still trying to pry away some of the SD guys.

Quote:
Phillips is attempting to hire San Diego Chargers secondary coach Brian Stewart and assistant linebackers and quality control coach John Pagano. Phillips was denied permission to officially interview Stewart and Pagano two weeks ago. After Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer was fired on Feb. 12, Phillips decided to make another run them.

New Chargers coach Norv Turner said he wants to retain all the current assistant coaches, but Pagano and Stewart are trying to get released from their contracts.

If Stewart is allowed out of his contract, Phillips would hire him as the defensive coordinator in Dallas.

Phillips said he likes Cowboys' secondary coach Todd Bowles, who could become the defensive coordinator.

But Stewart's familiarly with Phillips' 3-4 defense allows the Cowboys to make a smooth transition from the way ex-Cowboys coach Bill Parcells ran his defense.
http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/....1ca5f76b.html

Bring in a New QB coach to interview
Quote:
Todd Archer reports that the Cowboys have interviewed Wade Wilson about returning as quarterbacks coach. Wilson coached Cowboys quarterbacks from 2000 to '02. He has been Chicago's quarterbacks coach the last three seasons.
http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives...nterviews.html

Marco Rivera Situation
Quote:
The Cowboys gave Rivera an $8.3 million signing bonus on his five-year deal. He has played two seasons, which means three-fifths of that signing bonus still must be accounted for, or $4.98 million. That's quite hefty. Then again, he can be assigned to be one of those June 1 decisions, which means he'd count $1.66 million this year if released after that date and then the remaining $3.32 next year. Much more palatable. The Cowboys will have time to decide. Rivera will have time to rehab. As for someone on the team to take his place, remember former head coach Bill Parcells was quite high on Cory Procter, although inactive for all 16 games. Cowboys might have to take a look. They also have Joe Berger, a late-season signing after he was released by Miami.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...1241D688E25C40

IDK if I remember seeing this here. But Gurodes contract is 6 years 30 million with 10 mill signing bonus.
All good news thule. Thanks for the info!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Since it has been a bit dull around here lately. Answer thes question.

What realistic pick in the first round would make you the maddest?

For me it's Michael Griffin. I would even hesitate to take him in the second round at our pick let alone the first. Yet it still could happen. I don't see what he brings to the table that would upgrade the FS position.

What realistic(stretch) pick in the first round would make you the happiest?

Leon Hall. Depending on how he runs...he could fall down the boards a bit. The combine should be interesting to see what it does to the Jr. DB's. Revis and notably Houston have a chance to shoot up draft boards..depending on how the run.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-21-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What realistic pick in the first round would make you the maddest?
Bowe/Meachem/any WR. To me it's not only not a first round need, but receivers are typically one of the harder positions to integrate from college to the pros. I'd prefer someone who can make an impact...

Quote:
Originally Posted by "thule
What realistic(stretch) pick in the first round would make you the happiest?
Levi Brown at this point is a stretch, but he'd make me the happiest. Move Flozell to the right side, but the big cat on the left.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Wade Phillips Draft History

1993 - Denver
Day 1
11 Denver Dan Williams DT Toledo
43 Denver Glyn Milburn WR Stanford
69 Denver Rondell Jones DB North Carolina
Day 2
70 Denver Jason Elam K Hawaii
98 Denver Jeff Robinson TE Idaho
126 Denver Kevin Williams RB UCLA
154 Denver Melvin Bonner WR Baylor
169 Denver Clarence Williams TE Washington State
182 Denver Antonius Kimbrough WR Jackson State
210 Denver Brian Stablein WR Ohio State

1994 - Denver
Day 1
51 Denver Allen Aldridge OLB Houston
Day 2
123 Denver Randy Fuller DB Tennessee State
210 Denver Keith Burns MLB Oklahoma State
212 Denver Butler By'not'e RB Ohio State
218 Denver Tom Nalen C Boston College

1998 - Buffalo
Day 1
39 Buffalo Sam Cowart MLB Florida State
68 Buffalo Robert Hicks T Mississippi State
Day 2
131 Buffalo Jonathan Linton RB North Carolina
160 Buffalo Fred Coleman WR Washington
198 Buffalo Victor Allotey G Indiana
238 Buffalo Kamil Loud WR Cal Poly-SLO

1999 - Buffalo
Day 1
23 Buffalo Antoine Winfield CB Ohio State
53 Buffalo Peerless Price WR Tennessee
86 Buffalo Shawn Bryson RB Tennessee
Day 2
119 Buffalo Keith Newman OLB North Carolina
122 Buffalo Bobby Collins TE North Alabama
156 Buffalo Jay Foreman ILB Nebraska
194 Buffalo Armon Hatcher S Oregon State
230 Buffalo Sheldon Jackson TE Nebraska
248 Buffalo Bryce Fisher DE Air Force

2000 - Buffalo
Day 1
26 Buffalo Erik Flowers DE Arizona State
58 Buffalo Travares Tillman FS Georgia Tech
89 Buffalo Corey Moore OLB Virginia Tech
Day 2
121 Buffalo Avion Black WR Tennessee State
156 Buffalo Sammy Morris FB Texas Tech
194 Buffalo Leif Larsen DT Texas-El Paso
233 Buffalo Drew Haddad WR Buffalo, N.Y.
251 Buffalo Dashon Polk ILB Arizona

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-21-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

After looking at that chart I noticed...75% of his first day picks were defensive. I'm also curious as to how he lost so many picks.

Day 2 18 picks were offensive...and 8 picks were defensive. I think this is a tell tail of what to come. He didn't go defense on the second day in 3 seperate drafts.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-21-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Praise the Lord! Thanks thule for that amazing list! That's why you're one of the great Dallas posters! :D
Old 02-21-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Todd McShay has us taking Michael Griffin in the 2nd, I would be fine with that.

And what do you guys think of Dwayne Jarrett at 22, I think that is a real possibility and could be a dark horse.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Finlayson56
Rookie

Finlayson56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
Quote:
Quote:
Ginn is #1a
Hall is #1b
Ross is #2
McCauley is #3
You seem to be the only one who likes Ginn :D
Personally, I hate him. Too much of a project, I would prefer Dwayne Bowe, this is the type of receiver I like. A good reliable guy who can make catches in the middle. Ginn will be a #2, he will never be a true number 1, I see Joey Galloway written all over him.

If we go wr in the first I want Bowe, in the second Rice (but we'll have to trade up).
If we go CB in the first I want Ross or Hughes. I was on Hughes bandwagon all year long. I don't know so much about 2nd round CB.
If we go safety I want Nelson in the first, Griffin or Merriweather in the second.

But the most important thing in this offseason is to grab Dielman or Dockery and resing Colombo. If we won't be able to do both this moves I want a G or a T in the second round. I really like Joe Staley, but we should trade up in the second to grab him..
I agree that bowe is a better WR but the Cowboys should probably draft a Saftey and Merriweather is moving up on the draft charts he may not be there in the second round but we will have to see at the draft.