Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-22-2007, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD, you simply love Parcells..
I like what Parcells has done for us. He turned a bad team in a team with a lot of potential. He brang some good guys who can be stars and helped them developing..
On the other hand I don't like the old Parcells. There's a part of Parcells who seemed to live in the past. At the end of the season I didn't like Parcells so much anymore.. He simply looked old every now and then... He looked without passion..
And there's another part of Parcells I really don't like. It's the "Anthony Fasano's part". He always drafted his type of guys, Fasano is the perfect example. Some guys we didn't need but he likes because they remember him of his old players..That's a reason why he wanted to sign Rivera, his prototype OG.
And if we have a very talented team (and I think we do) why Parcells wasn't able to succeed? We have to admit or that the team is not so talented or that Parcells wasn't so good as a coach. I'm for the second one. We have talent. Parcells was good in bringing talent, but he wasn't so good in coaching anymore..
He simply got outcoached in december. Sean Payton outcoached him. It's not only a matter of players not performing. Who was the guy who decided to put Keith Davis covering deep? We had TO and Glenn against Fred Thomas and two bad safeties and we weren't able to score. Our defense got torched by the opposite FB for two consecutive games..

And you said that when we blitzed we were picked apart. That's because the defense was so confused.. The blitzes' scheme were just bad. And that was because of Zimmer. It's not a matter of talente. Look at what Wade Phillips has done in San Diego. He had Godfrey starting outside and he turned him in a 10 sack guy. He had Phillips starting outside and he did the same.
Our defense was so confused last year. There's a reason why our DEs weren't able to recognise a running play from a passing play, and that's coaching. Zimmer was a bad coach in the 3-4, our talent was wasted under him.

Abut Greg Ellis.. Hmm.. I'm not so sure he's gonna be the starter. Carpenter really broke out against Seattle, he was just amazing. Ellis is old and slower, and he suffered a major injury. I think he will be a part-time player. Carpenter could be a great player under Wade Phillips.
What we need is a change on the inside. We miss Dat. I want Burnett and Ayodele starting inside. Ayodele is better than James..

And about Roy Williams, he started the season very well. Do you remember? He was covering good, and Watkins was the guy who was exposed.. He's not a great cover guy, but he's for sure better of Terrence Kiel, even in coverage.
Do you remember that the opposite teams had always like 6-7 seconds to throw the ball?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:39 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait for the combine!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:41 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
BBD, you simply love Parcells..
I like what Parcells has done for us. He turned a bad team in a team with a lot of potential. He brang some good guys who can be stars and helped them developing..
On the other hand I don't like the old Parcells. There's a part of Parcells who seemed to live in the past. At the end of the season I didn't like Parcells so much anymore.. He simply looked old every now and then... He looked without passion..
I have to first start off by saying this is one of the most disrespectful posts I've seen from a Cowboys fan in a while. I'm not talking about this quote above... I'm talking about your entire post. It pisses me off that people can be so ungrateful and be so quick to place blame and hate.

I'm trying to translate what you just said above because it simply makes no sense to me. You stated that you like what Parcells did in turning the team around... but you don't like how he did it??? You don't like his appearance of being old and without passion? Since when does your appearance determine your passion? A single snarl look from Parcells could tell a helluva lot more than a lot of coaches do yelling their heads off. ...and you're hating him because he "looks old"??? C'mon now...

Quote:
And there's another part of Parcells I really don't like. It's the "Anthony Fasano's part". He always drafted his type of guys, Fasano is the perfect example. Some guys we didn't need but he likes because they remember him of his old players..That's a reason why he wanted to sign Rivera, his prototype OG.
Now just stop right there... You can't hate on Fasano to make your point about how bad Parcells' draft strategies were and love Ware, Carpenter, Newman, Witten, etc. You think you know Parcells' style of football better than him, well enough to tell us all what we "need"? TEs have always been a big part of Parcells' offenses. ...and Fasano was a freakin' rookie brah. Don't pull your trigger to fast and start to call him a bust or wasted pick.

...and Rivera is supposed to remind him of one of his old players and fits his prototype OG? Where the heck are you going with that one?

Quote:
And if we have a very talented team (and I think we do) why Parcells wasn't able to succeed? We have to admit or that the team is not so talented or that Parcells wasn't so good as a coach. I'm for the second one. We have talent. Parcells was good in bringing talent, but he wasn't so good in coaching anymore.
Don't act like BP is such a terrible coach. Have you forgotten that we had to live with Bledsoe for 1/4 the season and we still reached the playoffs with a lot of youth, mediocre veterans, a 4-3 defensive coordinator and an OL with more holes than swish cheese. We would've had 0 Pro Bowl offensive lineman if Bledsoe was our QB the entire year. Had Romo held onto the ball who knows how far we could've gone? Our team endured a lot of wacky things that I've never seen in the history of football.

Quote:
He simply got outcoached in december. Sean Payton outcoached him. It's not only a matter of players not performing. Who was the guy who decided to put Keith Davis covering deep? We had TO and Glenn against Fred Thomas and two bad safeties and we weren't able to score. Our defense got torched by the opposite FB for two consecutive games..
Wait just a minute now. Are you listening to yourself talk? Sean Payton was our OC last year buddy. Ya think he might've had just a slight advantage over us in that match up? Gee I wonder if he had any idea of the weaknesses in our players and our scheme? Ask Gruden how helpful that was in beating the Raiders to get his SB ring. ...that was the ulitmate cheat bowl.

Quote:
And you said that when we blitzed we were picked apart. That's because the defense was so confused.. The blitzes' scheme were just bad. And that was because of Zimmer. It's not a matter of talente. Look at what Wade Phillips has done in San Diego. He had Godfrey starting outside and he turned him in a 10 sack guy. He had Phillips starting outside and he did the same.
Our defense was so confused last year. There's a reason why our DEs weren't able to recognise a running play from a passing play, and that's coaching. Zimmer was a bad coach in the 3-4, our talent was wasted under him.
Let's get one thing straight.... San Deigo had the #1 Offense in the league and THAT'S what they were known for. Outscoring their opponents. I wonder what Parcells would've done with Ladanian Tomlinson? Hmm.... Before we crown Phillips, realize his defense often came in well rested... with a lead (which allows for more aggressive play calling) and that their 3-4 defense has a rock of a NT holding them together.

Quote:
Abut Greg Ellis.. Hmm.. I'm not so sure he's gonna be the starter. Carpenter really broke out against Seattle, he was just amazing. Ellis is old and slower, and he suffered a major injury. I think he will be a part-time player. Carpenter could be a great player under Wade Phillips.
Meh. You hate Fasano and love Carpenter because he had one good game. What's it gonna take? One good game from Fasano to make you a believer?

This was your worst post ever Modano. Don't take it personal. I'm just making sure you get your facts straight. Hating on Parcells always lights a fire in me. The old timers all know that.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:09 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not hating, D.. And not being american limits my possibility to express correctly what I want to say..
The thing that I dislike of Parcells was his attitude to find "his" players, but in my mind "his" type of players were good for the NFL of 10 years ago.. This is the reason I didn't like the Fasano's pick.. He brings to his team Vinny Testaverde and Drew Bledsoe.. I can understand that we didn't have nothing better and that Parcells was force to deal with Drew "waste of a 3rd round" Henson, but Vinny was just a done player and Bledsoe was the same Bledsoe we knew.. But why hasn't he started Romo from game 1 this year? I think that is a matter of loyality, he wanted to give his old scolar Bledsoe another chance.. But today in the NFL there's no place for loyality, it's all business..
I don't mean any disrespect, because I really like his abilities to grow up players and the way he turned our team into a good one.. But I simply think that he wasn't the old tuna on the field anymore and sometimes it seems that the game has passed him..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
We are all so lucky to have you Tnewmanfan. Damn you BBD just leave its not like you actually use logic or have common sense. :|
Ok, let me rephrase it, Parcells is an idiot now. Who puts Aaron Glenn on Roy Williams? And I know that wasn't zimmer. What is with this CB switching crap, put your #1 corner on the #1 reciever, thats it. He always had to oversee EVERYTHING. jeez, just let your coaches coach.

The bottom line is, Parcells was holding us back, and now we are going to dominate because Wade gives players freedom.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
I'm not hating, D.. And not being american limits my possibility to express correctly what I want to say..
The thing that I dislike of Parcells was his attitude to find "his" players, but in my mind "his" type of players were good for the NFL of 10 years ago.. This is the reason I didn't like the Fasano's pick.. He brings to his team Vinny Testaverde and Drew Bledsoe.. I can understand that we didn't have nothing better and that Parcells was force to deal with Drew "waste of a 3rd round" Henson, but Vinny was just a done player and Bledsoe was the same Bledsoe we knew.. But why hasn't he started Romo from game 1 this year? I think that is a matter of loyality, he wanted to give his old scolar Bledsoe another chance.. But today in the NFL there's no place for loyality, it's all business..
I don't mean any disrespect, because I really like his abilities to grow up players and the way he turned our team into a good one.. But I simply think that he wasn't the old tuna on the field anymore and sometimes it seems that the game has passed him..
I got the definite impression last year that Parcells would have started Romo from game 1. It was Jerry Jones that was against it, believing that Bledsoe, as a veteran guy, gave us the best chance to succeed.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's let the BP thing go, I didn't mean to bring him up. I don't recall bringing up his name in that post, I didn't mean to bring him up because of the sensitivity of the situation, so if I did, I apologize.

All Im saying is, the defense really doesn't have any "holes", moreso it has positions that require development for the defense to take the next level. In particular, the DE position.

Ive played in a 2 gap scheme. We came out in a 4-3 BIG/46 Bear scheme on 1st and 2nd down, and we'd use a 2 gap line on 3rd and long and use the 2 gap technique to free up pass rushers to come unblocked. I know the 2 gap scheme very well, and Im telling you, its not as complicated as people are making it out to be. Im a big believer in the 2 gap scheme, it works. Its the most effective way of running a 3-4. It has produced 5 SB champions. Bellichick's scheme is no different from BP's. BP might use a little bit more man coverage, but its pretty much the same exact scheme. He used more man coverage on the edges probably because he had that luxury with Newman and Henry, plus his safeties aren't trustworthy to have large responsibilities in coverage. Heck, look what Mangini has done with the Jets using Bill Parcell's 2 gap scheme. And he has no players.

The DEs in a 2 gap front have 2 gap assignments, inside and outside. Its simple. If its a run play, crash in, if its a pass play, crash out. Thats it. Not rocket science. You can tell what type of play it is by how the olinemen come off the line. If they pull forward, you crash in, if they drop back, you crash outside. Yet for some reason, Spears and Canty continuously screwed this up. Either they were never taught this simple technique, were purposely told to crash in all the time, or were just too dumb to comprehend the strategy. Trust me, theres ALOT of dumb athletes out there, and you'll be amazed at how some of them can't comprehend the simplest things.

So thats what I think it will come down to. The DEs. Now, Phillips will 1 gap them more often and mask their inabilities in the 2 gap, which will help them out alot. He'll also do more stunt blitzes which should help. But still, I think the DEs need a solid TC to really develop their skills in the 3-4. This is not a 4-3 defense, they have to occupy blockers. If they can't comprehend that, then I suggest looking at DEs in next year's draft.

In regards to Bradie James, I actually like him as a player. He's a run thumper, something that every good 3-4 defense needs in the middle. NE had Teddy Johnson, the Giants had Harry Carson/Pepper Johnson, the Steelers have Farrior....I think its needed. SD got away without having one because of Jamal Williams.

Good example, look at the Jets. They didn't have a run thumper ILB, and they didn't have a good NT. They had statistically one of the worst rush defenses in the league. If you don't have a dominant NT, you need a run thumper ILB. James fits Dallas well. Yes, he is a liability in coverage in this new scheme, but if you can compliment him with a speedy guy, that negates his issues.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like James and feel he should stay. I think our LB's are fine, but just need more production out of the SLB. Which I feel if Carp can develop during the offseason, we may just have what we need.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, people.

Here's a pop quiz -

Name the SD starting OLB on the strong side.......(spoiler down below)

Name the SD starting ILB opposite Donnie Edwards?.......

FYI - it's NOT Shaun Phillips, it's STEVE FOLEY. Yes, you remember, the guy that got shot by the POLICE outside his own house this past off season. Foley had a total of 1 sack in his previous 3 years combined before going to SD. His first year in SD he had 10 sacks. And they didn't even have Merriman opposite him that first year.

The bottom line is that it proves 2 things. 1) You need multiple people at every position because you never know who will need to step in. So stop all the Trade Bradie James or trade this guy...just keep them all. There's an idea. 2) That Wade Phillips' scheme allows LBs to make plays. You never look at the NE defense and think, wow, they really get after the QB. You think, wow, they confuse the QB and cause turnovers that way. Both ways work, we're just going to change the way we do it. Which makes sense given the problems we have at S.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99
Ok, people.

Here's a pop quiz -

Name the SD starting OLB on the strong side.......(spoiler down below)

Name the SD starting ILB opposite Donnie Edwards?.......

FYI - it's NOT Shaun Phillips, it's STEVE FOLEY. Yes, you remember, the guy that got shot by the POLICE outside his own house this past off season. Foley had a total of 1 sack in his previous 3 years combined before going to SD. His first year in SD he had 10 sacks. And they didn't even have Merriman opposite him that first year.

The bottom line is that it proves 2 things. 1) You need multiple people at every position because you never know who will need to step in. So stop all the Trade Bradie James or trade this guy...just keep them all. There's an idea. 2) That Wade Phillips' scheme allows LBs to make plays. You never look at the NE defense and think, wow, they really get after the QB. You think, wow, they confuse the QB and cause turnovers that way. Both ways work, we're just going to change the way we do it. Which makes sense given the problems we have at S.
Always good to hear from you. You make an excellent point. Something to note though, the last time NE won the SB, in 2004, they were 2nd in the league in sacks. #1 was Pittsburgh. Both use the 2 gap scheme. Pitt uses alot of zone blitzing out of the scheme, whereas NE uses the same scheme as BP. The thing with the 2 gap scheme is you need selfless DEs to swallow their pride and let the guys behind them make the plays.

Now Phillips method works, and very well may work better with the current staff in Dallas. But like I said earlier, the scheme change means nothing if the players don't develop this year. Ware, Spears, Canty, Carpenter...they all need to develop as players.

This year's defense will rely more on their individual developments than the scheme. I think the development of those young guys is the most important key to the defense next year. If they come out this upcoming year with the same skillset we saw this past year, I don't see an improvement coming. If however, they take their games to another level with the experience theyre developing, then its a whole different story. Only time will tell, and TC will be a big part of the development of this defense.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

BBD you make a great point about TC. Spears has torn his MCL in his rookie year and last year during TC. Assuming he doesn't do it again, :? , it should really help him. During his rookie year he said it was really knagging and he was only 70% all season.

He and Canty have the size, and suprising quickness. They have the talent to be pro-bowlers, now they just need to develop.

You said this defense has no "holes", and I agree, we just need some tweaks and need to execute.

I wouldn't mind drafting Patrick Willis and trading Ayodele to get a quicker person next to Bradie. Just a thought.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
BBD you make a great point about TC. Spears has torn his MCL in his rookie year and last year during TC. Assuming he doesn't do it again, :? , it should really help him. During his rookie year he said it was really knagging and he was only 70% all season.

He and Canty have the size, and suprising quickness. They have the talent to be pro-bowlers, now they just need to develop.

You said this defense has no "holes", and I agree, we just need some tweaks and need to execute.

I wouldn't mind drafting Patrick Willis and trading Ayodele to get a quicker person next to Bradie. Just a thought.
stop thinking
Old 02-22-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
Quote:

stop thinking
Well Bradie and Ayodele aren't the best together, so why dont you.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

stop thinking
Well Bradie and Ayodele aren't the best together, so why dont you.
Im sorry man, I forgot...you know it all. My mistake
Old 02-22-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Oyea! Oyea! Oyea! All rise for the Honorable Judge TNewfan41 presiding!
Old 02-22-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hard that Wade play 3-4 on the first two downs and 4-3 on the third down in SD, if this is truth, we may see Carp, Ware, and Ellis play together over 30% on the defense play. If we do play over 30% 4-3, we should draft a regular 4-3 DT with good pass rush. I agree that we do need NT but not Tank Tyler (too slow). I would rather play Stanley.

Tank Tyler = last year Rodrique Wright or Kai Parham.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc
I hard that Wade play 3-4 on the first two downs and 4-3 on the third down in SD, if this is truth, we may see Carp, Ware, and Ellis play together over 30% on the defense play. If we do play over 30% 4-3, we should draft a regular 4-3 DT with good pass rush. I agree that we do need NT but not Tank Tyler (too slow). I would rather play Stanley.

spears would play DT in the 43
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Quote:

I talked with thule about this very scenario, and we both think on 3rd and long he would play a nickle, with four down lineman. Ware and Ellis at the ends, Ratliff and Hatcher inside. Burnett as the lone LB, Roy as the rover, and 5 DBs(obviously).
Old 02-22-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

I talked with thule about this very scenario, and we both think on 3rd and long he would play a nickle, with four down lineman. Ware and Ellis at the ends, Ratliff and Hatcher inside. Burnett as the lone LB, Roy as the rover, and 5 DBs(obviously).
First that is not a 4-3, and I believe your front four a little light. I am not sure you can stop the run either. I would put Carp and Canty in and move Roy back to SS.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You don't like BP bringing in "his" players? Like Ware, Carp, Witten, Newman??? You mean those guys? Every single player on the team outside of Flozell Adams, Andre Gurode, Roy Williams and Terrell Owens are "his guys". Judge the entire book. Don't just try to build your point by placing all the blame on Fasano. What's wrong with Fasano in the first place? He's not a bust. He's a rookie who helped us be able to run the 2 TE offense which allowed us to be the 5th best offense in the league.... and you can't say it was a bad pick just because you don't like the pick.

Secondly, Vinny was brought in as a back up. Only the unfortunate (fortunate for us) events surrounding Quincy Carter gave Vinny the job by default. Bledsoe didn't work, but it was a good try.

Third, Henson was Jerry's decision and the fact that Henson hasn't found a job anywhere else in the NFL tells me BP did the right thing.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think people are going crazy around here. Blowing up on people for no good reason.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

What exactly is a Rover?
Old 02-22-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

First that is not a 4-3, and I believe your front four a little light. I am not sure you can stop the run either. I would put Carp and Canty in and move Roy back to SS.
Why dont you try reading my whole post guy? I'll repost it.

Your right my friend, its not a 4-3, its a nickle.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Seattle just Taged Josh Brown, so that's out the window. Any other options? Or are we content with Grammatica?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why dont you try reading my whole post guy? I'll repost it.

Your right my friend, its not a 4-3, its a nickle.
My bad. It should said third and very long.