Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-23-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blaylock did 40 reps.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Blaylock did 40 reps.
I though workouts started tomarrow.......

Either way, I want Blalock bad. 1st round could still be a possibilty, but I would like him in the 2nd.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Blaylock did 40 reps.
I though workouts started tomarrow.......

Either way, I want Blalock bad. 1st round could still be a possibilty, but I would like him in the 2nd.
O-Line is lifting today... tomorrow live coverage of on the field drills start.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

o ok, can I have a link?
Old 02-23-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Cant find a link... probably gonna have to wait until scott updates the combine results later.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/story.../23/134321/934

That's a good reading..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The NFL Network reports NFL Draft prospect OL Justin Blalock (Texas) did 40 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press at the NFL Combine Friday, Feb. 23, just five short of the event record.
I can't believe this, but he should be back in 1.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc
Quote:
The NFL Network reports NFL Draft prospect OL Justin Blalock (Texas) did 40 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press at the NFL Combine Friday, Feb. 23, just five short of the event record.
I'll take him in round 1.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
Quote:
I'll have to say TaTaTa Tank Tyler.

Thats CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!

So D-Unit, you now think Tank will fall to round 2?

I hope we trade Julius and pick us another day 1 pick.

I think the absolute perfect draft would be trade Julius for a late 2nd.

Now, Round 1: Reggie Nelson, Round 2a: Tank Tyler, Round 2b: Justin Blalock, Round 3: Andre Allison.

What do you think?
please DO NOT open this can of worms again.
I like the sound of trading JJ and gettin blalock r.2...we could draft a speed backor tyson thompson ain't half bad either
Old 02-23-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You get horny too fast.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmock
Quote:
Quote:
I'll have to say TaTaTa Tank Tyler.

Thats CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!

So D-Unit, you now think Tank will fall to round 2?

I hope we trade Julius and pick us another day 1 pick.

I think the absolute perfect draft would be trade Julius for a late 2nd.

Now, Round 1: Reggie Nelson, Round 2a: Tank Tyler, Round 2b: Justin Blalock, Round 3: Andre Allison.

What do you think?
please DO NOT open this can of worms again.
I like the sound of trading JJ and gettin blalock r.2...we could draft a speed backor tyson thompson ain't half bad either
okay JJ trade talks are over guys, next subject.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

holy sh!t. that's beastly, 40reps?!?!?

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrls
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

holy sh!t. that's beastly, 40reps?!?!?
Manny Ramirez also had 40.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You get horny too fast.
No, I have always liked Blalock, but now I am fine with him in Rd. 1.

Ramirez ONLY did 40, I thought he was supposed to set the record, oh well, still mad strong.

Think about your max out, which is most likely under 225, and they do that 40 times. Insane.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You get horny too fast.
No, I have always liked Blalock, but now I am fine with him in Rd. 1.

Ramirez ONLY did 40, I thought he was supposed to set the record, oh well, still mad strong.

Think about your guys max out, which is most likely under 225, and they do that 40 times. Insane.
hey I could do 225... a good 15-16 times.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Well I just turned 15 so maybe I am looking at it from a different poitn of view but ok.

And look what ESPN wrote about our CBs in our offseason needs:

Quote:
Cornerback: Not all the problems in the secondary were the fault of the safeties. Every time the Cowboys had to go away from their two-deep zone, either Anthony Henry or Terence Newman gave up big plays. The Cowboys need to add depth at corner and find a replacement for Henry, who struggles when he must play without safety help. Adding depth would give the Cowboys time to get a young corner ready to play.
Newman didn't give up any big plays, he gave up 1 play over 40 yards all season, which was in week 7.

I am really offended by this.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I just turned 15 so maybe I am looking at it from a different poitn of view but ok.

Quote:
Cornerback: Not all the problems in the secondary were the fault of the safeties. Every time the Cowboys had to go away from their two-deep zone, either Anthony Henry or Terence Newman gave up big plays. The Cowboys need to add depth at corner and find a replacement for Henry, who struggles when he must play without safety help. Adding depth would give the Cowboys time to get a young corner ready to play.
Newman didn't give up any big plays, he gave up 1 play over 40 yards all season, which was in week 7.

You would be... You're 15.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:

don't take it personally, he is right though, we need depth at CB.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

don't take it personally, he is right though, we need depth at CB.
Yes we do, but not for Newman. That is why I don't value anything ESPN says.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

We need CB depth... but you don't go drafting in the first round to provide detph. We need to find a future Pro Bowler.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In regards to Ramirez, as I stated in the Giants team discussion, don't let the bench press fool you.

Ramirez is still gonna be stronger than Blaylock. The NFL isn't a bench press competition, its a game played on grass. What the bench press doesn't take into account is player weights. While Blaylock may lift as much, that doesn't mean that he's just as strong in the trenches as Ramirez. Ramirez's extra weight will make it alot tougher for DTs and LBs to break off of his blocks. His extra weight will also wear down opposing defenses quicker.

While they bench the same weight, Ramirez will play "stronger".

We've seen this before with Ware and Merriman. Ware lifted more, but Merriman plays stronger. Thats because Merriman weighs more. Momentum is big in football. And thats mass X velocity. Player weights are very important, and the bench is an inexact science.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
In regards to Ramirez, as I stated in the Giants team discussion, don't let the bench press fool you.

Ramirez is still gonna be stronger than Blaylock. The NFL isn't a bench press competition, its a game played on grass. What the bench press doesn't take into account is player weights. While Blaylock may lift as much, that doesn't mean that he's just as strong in the trenches as Ramirez. Ramirez's extra weight will make it alot tougher for DTs and LBs to break off of his blocks. His extra weight will also wear down opposing defenses quicker.

We've seen this before with Ware and Merriman. Ware lifted more, but Merriman plays stronger. Thats because Merriman weighs more. Momentum is big in football. And thats mass X velocity. Player weights are very important, and the bench is an inexact science.
Blalock is way more athletic and technical. Main question to ask is... who has the better football smarts? I'd easily give it to Blalock who is a scholar athlete.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Blalock is way more athletic and technical. Main question to ask is... who has the better football smarts? I'd easily give it to Blalock who is a scholar athlete.
What scares me about Blaylock is how he got his butt kicked in the Senior Bowl. Ramirez played 10X better, and was the only OG in the whole bowl week to take on and give Okeye the business.

Blaylock is faster yes, and maybe uses better technique, but Ramirez is a monster. A Larry Allen type, whereas Blaylock is a Snee type. I like my OGs big and nasty, so Id go with Ramirez. Especially since he can be had in a later round.

And football smarts...honestly, who cares, theyre Guards. Give me the ogre who picks up DTs and throws them.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What scares me about Blaylock is how he got his butt kicked in the Senior Bowl. Ramirez played 10X better, and was the only OG in the whole bowl week to take on and give Okeye the business.

Blaylock is faster yes, and maybe uses better technique, but Ramirez is a monster. A Larry Allen type, whereas Blaylock is a Snee type. I like my OGs big and nasty, so Id go with Ramirez. Especially since he can be had in a later round.

And football smarts...honestly, who cares, theyre Guards. Give me the ogre who picks up DTs and throws them.
I think after QB, OL need to be the most intelligent players on the field.

Also, Blalock told the media that he was injured during the SB and only now is starting to feel better.

I don't know what reports your reading, but from all accounts I've run into Ramirez had a terrible SB.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think after QB, OL need to be the most intelligent players on the field.

Also, Blalock told the media that he was injured during the SB and only now is starting to feel better.

I don't know what reports your reading, but from all accounts I've run into Ramirez had a terrible SB.
No, Ive read reports that Ramirez kicked butt in the Senior Bowl. He was the only OG not to get manhandled by Okeye during practice, and wasn't pushed back once during the game.

Im a fan of Blaylock, and Id like him too. But I just like Ramirez a little better. And he's more value at a later round. Blaylock could be a round 1 guy. Thats a heavy investment in an OG.