Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-20-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Mel Kiper also has Steve Smith as his 16th best propect in the draft. Thats mid first round, when he is more like 3rd round at best. What a joke.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more and more I think of Revis in the first round the more and more I like it. Kid dominated his comptetion. Was a good returner...ran a damn good 40 time...and has also been noted as a FS project. If he is around at 22...I'll be surprised to see us let him pass.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Revis makes a whole lot of sense at 22. Play nickel this year, return kicks / punts.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pay attention to Kipers rankings around draft time. he keeps switching players to keep people coming back. He also has questionable rankings to get people talking
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Schefter just reported that Seahawks safety Ken Hamlin will be visiting the Cowboys on Wednesday morning. He says it's a very logical match with Ken Hamlin and Roy Williams in the Cowboys secondary at safety.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-20-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

ugh not hamlin avg cover skills :(

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, Ken is pretty good in coverage. Mix him with some Watkins. I think it's perfect.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Adam Schefter just reported that Seahawks safety Ken Hamlin will be visiting the Cowboys on Wednesday morning. He says it's a very logical match with Ken Hamlin and Roy Williams in the Cowboys secondary at safety.
Interesting. The Saints didn't sign him after bringing him in. He must be asking a boatload of money.

He would suffice at FS. His coverage is not bad, it's just not great. I think it could work out very well. We would HAVE TO boost our pass rush attack though. I'm talking DE or OLB in round 1. Or trade up for Alan Branch or reach for Tyler in Round 1.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

No OLB/DE in round 1, we already have 2 first rounders, and another 2nd in the past 2 years....
Old 03-20-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade down and take Tank.

BoneKrusher
Old 03-20-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
No OLB/DE in round 1, we already have 2 first rounders, and another 2nd in the past 2 years....
I will continue to state that Carp will be an ILB for his career and until we stop looking at OLB prospects in the draft, I will continue to believe it. I'm following the signs.

I personally think Carp will unseat Bradie James this year. Just watch. It will happen and when it does, you know who said it first.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Trade down and take Tank.
I think it's hard to move down and still get the player you want. It's really really risky business.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I will continue to state that Carp will be an ILB for his career and until we stop looking at OLB prospects in the draft, I will continue to believe it. I'm following the signs.

I personally think Carp will unseat Bradie James this year. Just watch. It will happen and when it does, you know who said it first.
Cowboysforever?
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

with hamlin id still like to see us adress CB, but i guess that kinda takes it out of being a 1st round need. that does make the tank pick or charles johnson seem like much more of a reality though.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I disagree, but he will start opposite Ware on the season opener
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

Quote:

i strongly disagree...if he will unseat anyone it will be ayodele...bradie james has been awesome for us....ayodele has been avg. why would we sit down our D captain it doesnt make sense...he will start 16 games next year mark me down

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
with hamlin id still like to see us adress CB, but i guess that kinda takes it out of being a 1st round need. that does make the tank pick or charles johnson seem like much more of a reality though.
Woah, now. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Hamlin isn't a lock to play here, he's only visiting.

BoneKrusher
Old 03-21-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmock View Post
i strongly disagree...if he will unseat anyone it will be ayodele...bradie james has been awesome for us....ayodele has been avg. why would we sit down our D captain it doesnt make sense...he will start 16 games next year mark me down
Actually, I do think you are right. I like Carp as our strong side inside LB. If that's Ayodele, then so be it. Ayodele might then take Bradie's spot at WILB. I don't care if Bradie was a captain before. That's meaningless. Dan Campbell was our captain and we didn't even attempt to bring him back.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I still don't get why Burnett can't be our Donnie Edwards.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-21-2007, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Woah, now. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Hamlin isn't a lock to play here, he's only visiting.
oh i know, im just saying if we were to sign him, that changes alot for the draft.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:52 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmock View Post
Last year Ayodele easily outperformed James.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:25 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im loving aaron ross in the first if we sign hamlin, and a DE in the 2nd...i think we could land an impact 3-4 DE to create a pass rush, we have depth, then go OLB in the 3rd...

but i just think hamlin opens up more with what we can work with on draft day, adds experience at the position, and may make roy alot better as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:39 AM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is from JJT " Q: Any idea to which player the Cowboys might draft? Do you think the Cowboys will be more aggressive and trade up to get LaRon Landry?

John T. Gold, Salt Lake City

TAYLOR: If you talk to Jerry – there's no guarantee he's telling the truth – and other members of the organization, they tell you the Cowboys are in position to take the best player available, regardless of position. That said, I get the feeling they're already zeroing in on Florida safety Reggie Nelson. I don't think they're interested, right now, in trading up, though that could change on draft day if someone they really like is falling.

Maybe we should stay put?
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

There have been a few posters who have alluded to this during the regular season.

Funny enough, even M Faulk on the NFL Network spoke a bit about the need to get more speed into the middle of the field .... and a combination of Carp and Ayodele is more athletic and more fluid lineup when teams pass on first and second.

James, to me, looks like a classic 4-3 MLB for a Man-Based Scheme.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I still don't get why Burnett can't be our Donnie Edwards.
I agree but then it means James sits.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote