Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-27-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So is it merely the bone crushing hits that reflects how good his play was? He had an interception against Seattle in the playoffs, had 7 tackles against Detroit, 6 tackles against Atlanta in a big time win, 7 tackles in another big time win over the Giants, had another INT against the Bucs in that win...

Interestingly, the 2 blow out games we had in the loss to New Orleans and Philly, Roy failed to show up big on the stat sheet. That could either show how much we need him to play well in order for us to win... or that we lost because the whole team did bad and Roy's play was not the determining factor.

I'll side with the latter. Roy may have had bad games vs. NOR and PHI... but so did the entire team.
Well when Roy has a bone-crushing has a bone crushing him, it sets the tone of the game and for our defense.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Well when Roy has a bone-crushing has a bone crushing him, it sets the tone of the game and for our defense.
Balaskonis overreacting as usual.... ignore the numbers... just say he sucks because you don't remember a big hit from him. FYI, just because you don't remember him having a big hit doesn't mean he didn't have any. FYI, Roy doesn't need a big hit to have an impact in the game. FYI, saying he sucks is an ignorant comment... if you think that, never cheer for him again. When he changes the game around with an interception or key tackle, don't cheer... cuz you think he sucks.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

We're gonna be on the clock on SportsCenter in a few minutes, Kiper apparently has us taking an offensive player.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
We're gonna be on the clock on SportsCenter in a few minutes, Kiper apparently has us taking an offensive player.
I bet it's Meachem. But the guy changes his mind faster than TNew!
Old 03-27-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
I bet it's Meachem. But the guy changes his mind faster than TNew!
Kiper did have us taking Meachem but also mentioned Nelson, Weddle, and Merriweather as possibilites if we went defense.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Balaskonis overreacting as usual.... ignore the numbers... just say he sucks because you don't remember a big hit from him. FYI, just because you don't remember him having a big hit doesn't mean he didn't have any. FYI, Roy doesn't need a big hit to have an impact in the game. FYI, saying he sucks is an ignorant comment... if you think that, never cheer for him again. When he changes the game around with an interception or key tackle, don't cheer... cuz you think he sucks.
I am just sayng that he sets the tone. Sheesh..
Old 03-27-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Oh yea, not one of the "experts" mentioned a CB at all. Not one. I just don't see the need for a CB.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade came out about Carp today.

Quote:
"I want to start this off-season putting Bobby outside and inside and try to get a feel for exactly where he needs to have an opportunity to play, because he is a talented player," Wade Phillips said. "He's big and can run and is smart. You just kind of look for fits, where people should fit in and give them an opportunity to play."
from the DFW S-T

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marco Rivera to retire

Serius Radio just said Marco Rivera is expected to announce his retirement. No time table was given, but is expected to happen in the coming days.

This comes as no surprise. Given he had two major back surgeries with in the last two years and the signing of Davis he was going to released, or moved to a backup role.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-29-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Marco Rivera to retire

Serius Radio just said Marco Rivera is expected to announce his retirement. No time table was given, but is expected to happen in the coming days.

This comes as no surprise. Given he had two major back surgeries with in the last two years and the signing of Davis he was going to released, or moved to a backup role.
Under the circumstances, it's just as well.

Now that leaves three guards on the roster? Davis, Kosier, and Proctor? I'll bet we do target one in the draft.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Oh yea, not one of the "experts" mentioned a CB at all. Not one. I just don't see the need for a CB.
thats because youre stupid :)

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
Under the circumstances, it's just as well.

Now that leaves three guards on the roster? Davis, Kosier, and Proctor? I'll bet we do target one in the draft.
Don't forget Joe Berger :P

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-29-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Great info thule, thanks. I am glad to see Rivera retire because this assures 100% that Davis has the RG spot (just didn't want rivera to cause problems vocaly), and rivera sucks, there is no other way to put it.

Now on to the Carpenter subject. I like his versatility, but I think he could be a great ILB because of his speed to size ratio, and we have no speed in the middle to begin with. Now he also can be a good SOLB. It all depends on if we draft someone like Jarvis Moss who some of you are suggesting, or we leave the LB position alone, atleast on the outside. Either way, I expect Bobby to make great strides and become an impact player on defense this year.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Good. Been waiting for the June 1st cuts, but I guess this is just as good. Anyone know the difference in the cap affect, if any?
Old 03-29-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Actually D-Unit, I think it is a cap hit, but just a minor one. Because of the reserved/retired list thing. I remember Mickey talking about it.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone thinks this means OL will have a better chance of being our 1st round pick?
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Anyone thinks this means OL will have a better chance of being our 1st round pick?
I think that our draft will focus a lot on the OL and DL actually. I think we've all been expecting Marco not being back, so as far as it increasing our chances, I think that our front office has keep this in mind the whole time and their strategies are not necessarily changed with this announcement.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I wouldn't be the happiest person in the world to address OL with our first pick just because I feel they could be found later. But if we for some reason do go that route...I would look for us to move...Value at 22 looks to be LT..which I could live with...OG in the first round is a waste...but late 30's and 40's is acceptable.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-29-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

I think OL and DL depth is our biggest need now. We have barely any back-ups on both sides of the ball. We should take atleast 3 lineman (either side) in this draft.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Here is an interesting article about the cowboys conditioning coach and what he plans to do for some of the players:

http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id...0FEFEFDF601E4B

There will be another article later on more players like Romo, Roy, and D-Ware.

I found it pretty interesting, tell me what you think. I liked the part were he said Leonard Davis is athletic, and he will make all the doubters eat there words come December.

Last edited by Achilles33 : 03-29-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
Here is an interesting article about the cowboys conditioning coach and what he plans to do for some of the players:

http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id...0FEFEFDF601E4B

There will be another article later on more players like Romo, Roy, and D-Ware.

I found it pretty interesting, tell me what you think. I liked the part were he said Leonard Davis is athletic, and he will make all the doubters eat there words come December.
Thanks, good read.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
I think OL and DL depth is our biggest need now. We have barely any back-ups on both sides of the ball. We should take atleast 3 lineman (either side) in this draft.
I am assuming when you say dl depth, you are talking about nt. I would say we have enough de's.

Depth on ol would be nice, but I agree with Thule in that ol can be found in later rounds.

I would like us to trade up for Branch, or trade down and take ol, pass rusher and a wideout.
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you trade a 2nd round pick for Shaun Rogers?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:17 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Would you trade a 2nd round pick for Shaun Rogers?
In a heartbeat.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rogers would do. 2nd seems abit expensive, but he one of the better DT's in the league. I would like to see what the Card would want for Gabe Watson.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote