Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-24-2006, 09:29 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What about Pat Watkins? You guys don't like him opposite Roy?
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:30 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
I think he is a legit Pro Bowl candidate. My gut says he'll get in.
He's the toast of the NFL right now, he'll get in if he continues to play like this.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:42 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil
What about Pat Watkins? You guys don't like him opposite Roy?

We like him and would love to see him turn out...but he needs to put on some weight and work on his ball recognition skills. But we aren't sold on his as of yet. If a top guys drops it would be very tempting to select him if noone else is on the board.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:43 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Thule, I'm just about ready to admit I was wrong. Every game, he gets worse and worse. I want Blalock. So here's what I want:

1.Blalock
2.Steve Smith
3.Okoye or DeMarcus Tyler
4.Jonathan Wade
5.QB
6.BPA
7.BPA
No chance Tank is there in the third round. Post combine look for him to be a late first round prospect.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-24-2006, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Coming from a Giants fan....you guys are the team to beat in the NFL right now. You have looked flawless for the past few weeks other than your kicker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Coming from a Giants fan....you guys are the team to beat in the NFL right now. You have looked flawless for the past few weeks other than your kicker.
Why, thank you.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:03 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Apparently Jeremy Shockey has already guaranteed the Giants will beat us on Dec 3. I don't have a source other than the Ticket radio station here in Dallas. As if we didn't already have enough motivation and inspiration for that game now we don't wanna just beat them we wanna kill them. We wanna beat them like they stole somethin, we wanna beat them like they've never been beaten before. We can't show any mercy or campassion regardless of their injury situation if we get them knocked down we gotta step on their damn throat. The Giants hold the key to our playoff fate and it's time for us to beat them like a governemt mule or an ugly unwanted stepchild and return to the playoffs for the first time since 03. Oh it's on like Donkey Kong! :evil:
Old 11-24-2006, 11:42 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Thule, I'm just about ready to admit I was wrong. Every game, he gets worse and worse. I want Blalock. So here's what I want:

1.Blalock
2.Steve Smith
3.Okoye or DeMarcus Tyler
4.Jonathan Wade
5.QB
6.BPA
7.BPA
Okoye and Tyler are not 3rd round guys, imo. They should be long gone.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:51 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
Apparently Jeremy Shockey has already guaranteed the Giants will beat us on Dec 3. I don't have a source other than the Ticket radio station here in Dallas. As if we didn't already have enough motivation and inspiration for that game now we don't wanna just beat them we wanna kill them. We wanna beat them like they stole somethin, we wanna beat them like they've never been beaten before. We can't show any mercy or campassion regardless of their injury situation if we get them knocked down we gotta step on their damn throat. The Giants hold the key to our playoff fate and it's time for us to beat them like a governemt mule or an ugly unwanted stepchild and return to the playoffs for the first time since 03. Oh it's on like Donkey Kong! :evil:
id take a 1 point win :D :D
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I likely would have heard by now if Jeremy made any sort of guarantee, and I haven't. That said, I certainly wouldn't be surpised.

Although I feel the Cowboys are a better team RIGHT NOW, it is going to be a dogfight next week. If Osi, Moss, and Short are all back I will feel much much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
id take a 1 point win :D :D
Yeah for sure. I don't care how bad the Giants have looked, there is always a good chance they could win. Don't forget, we lost to the lowly Redskins... :?
Old 11-24-2006, 01:49 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I likely would have heard by now if Jeremy made any sort of guarantee, and I haven't. That said, I certainly wouldn't be surpised.

Although I feel the Cowboys are a better team RIGHT NOW, it is going to be a dogfight next week. If Osi, Moss, and Short are all back I will feel much much better.
he for sure said there was no way dallas would come into new york and beat them...it was on monday night countdown.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Quote:

Has moss even seen the field yet this year? To my knowledge hes been injured the whole time, he doesnt really scare me, he should be kind of lost out there after missing so much time -- plus t new and probably glenn both have the speed to keep up with him, henry is fine on plax.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:37 PM    (permalink
HookEm

Shockey and his big mouth. He should beat the Titans first and then he can start talking smack....im sure Tom Coughlin doesnt appreciate that he is looking ahead.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:22 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

we picked up another gaurd...
From Todd Archer ...

The Cowboys claimed guard Joe Berger off waivers from Miami and cut tight end Tony Curtis to make room on the active roster.

Berger, 6-5, 305 pounds, was a sixth-round pick of Carolina in 2005 and played in three games with the Dolphins last season but had not played in any games this season.

Berger is the second guard the Cowboys have picked up in the last two weeks, having signed Travis Leffew off Green Bay's practice squad. Curtis was called up from the Cowboys practice squad on Oct. 13 and played in four games. He was inactive against Indianapolis and Tampa Bay. If he clears waivers he is eligible to return to the Cowboys' practice squad.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

At least we're seeing focus from the team that OL is a big issue.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:49 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm not trying to say the Giants game will be easy by any means, just expressing the incredible magnitude and importance of the game. I just hope all of our players remember the incredible feeling of dissapointment, defeat and hurt when they came in our house and kicked our butts and use that for a little extra motivation. The battle cry should be paybacks are a you know what, not to mention the fact that we're almost guaranteed a playoff birth with a win. I don't think it's exaggerating to say this will probably be the biggest game of the Parcells era.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree. You can equate it to the Giants run when they came in to Dallas last month. They were clicking, and we were pretty inconsistent. This win can cement our consistancy, and probably the division.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 12:10 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

I didn't make a point of watching him in particular but I don't think Justin Blalock had a very good game today in Texas' upset loss to A&M. It seemed like the pass pro of the entire o-line was pretty terrible and the run blocking probably wasn't much better.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:14 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's too early, but I think we have to pick the BPA whoever he is. We have not big holes to fill, but some positions that could be upgraded like CB (Glenn is 34), WR (both TO and Glenn are over 30 and I don't know if Crayton, Austin and Miles will turn out to be a #1 type of receivers), LT (Flo is slowing down), RG (Rivera is old and bad, but you can find good guards anywhere in the draft), FS (Davis is simply bad in coverage and Watkins ha some potential but...), NT (Ferguson has been very good this year but he's old and we need someone to spell time with him), QB (Bledsoe is gonna retire, imo)..

I'm agree with D-Unit about Hughes. He got amazing skills, he could stay 2 years behind Henry and Newman and learn and then be the starter. I see him as a very good playmaker playing the nickel position too.. I won't be upset if we draft a CB like him the first. We have to go for the BPA..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:42 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

i like jake long more than any other prospect on the o-line. I know parcellls doesnt like drafting oline early but this guy is a beast. i know all of you have seen him play so i dont need to go into detail with it. -- It might be a bit biased because my bro goes to school there but if we have no good oline prospects i love cason out of U of A for a nickle corner on out team. I would love us to sign ken hamlin unless watkins shows a dramastic improvment by the end of the year as well. i feel like we should stack our defense with young players and then focus on the offense in future drafts (the exception being a good oline pick early) i fell like with 1 more good defensive draft we are set for years and we can just concentrate on offense. TO glenn and crayton should be solid enough for one - three more year at WR and fasano seems to be gaining confidence at TE with Romo so i think we are fine there. I like gurode, kosier, and columbo -- i think we just need to look at replacing marco and flo if we can (Jake long or Justin Blaylock if available). I also would love to pick up someone like landry (granted watkins doesnt make a significant improvment in the next couple of games). Although he is a nice hitter he looks like a better FS than watkins and davis so any upgrad would be nice.

-- Mason Crosbt would also be good although i dont know if i could live with myself taking a kicker as early as the third.... (I do have friends at boulder who have told me that word on campus is that crosby has made 70 yarders in parctice and this excites me)

With the way romo has played im glad that we dont have to take a QB in the first round although d-unit has raised the point that we wont be able to give him the biggest contract ever (even though i think he will stay due to the fact that being a cowboy means more to him than a couple extra mil) and i think we will be able to attaqk the few extreme needs that we have.

pretty drunk durring this post but im pretty sure it makes sense. i love you guys. **** the colts and giants. cowboys 4 life
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

D-Unit is wrong about taking a QB in the first. The Cowboys wouldn't pay first round money when we needed a QB and now all of the sudden we will when we have a good one?

Bledsoe will probably leave and we'll pick up a veteran backup and maybe a developmental guy a little later in the draft.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:27 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas
D-Unit is wrong about taking a QB in the first. The Cowboys wouldn't pay first round money when we needed a QB and now all of the sudden we will when we have a good one?

Bledsoe will probably leave and we'll pick up a veteran backup and maybe a developmental guy a little later in the draft.
What are you reading? Pretty sure D has came out and said numerous times now that QB is not a early need.

What game has Mosley been watching
Quote:
Thought it was nice of Rivera to take time out to compliment my corduroy jacket, though. After the game, Rivera was still upset about giving up a sack to Chris Hovan. Rivera looked to his left to see if Ronde Barber was coming on the safety blitz and by the time he looked back, Hovan was pushing him like he was a grocery cart. "Out of 75 plays, that's the reason I won't be able to sleep tonight." For the record, Rivera had been the most consistent player on the offensive line over the last month. And no one on this team is happier for Romo than Rivera, who spent several years in Green Bay and sort of views Tony as a mini-Favre. And if Romo happens to read that last line, I'll hear about it. ...
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....1e7c0b58.html

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-25-2006, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas

What are you reading? Pretty sure D has came out and said numerous times now that QB is not a early need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
I wouldn't be the most surprised person in the world if Parcells himself drafts a QB in the first round if Bledsoe retires. Free Agency is crappy at the QB position. Romo's contract comes up soon and if the Cowboys want any leverage, or safety net, they'll need someone waiting in the wings.... say Troy Smith??? The Boys can't really afford to spend 8M a year for Romo.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 05:29 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I didn't make a point of watching him in particular but I don't think Justin Blalock had a very good game today in Texas' upset loss to A&M. It seemed like the pass pro of the entire o-line was pretty terrible and the run blocking probably wasn't much better.

BOOMER!!! :D :D :D