Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-19-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
They just pretty much said out Tackles and our defense suck. None of them seemed to high on Romo either.

Didnt go into great detail... they just said too many holes in a very tough division.
If our defense suck, and that's a reason why we won't win a playoff game, what should they say about the Saints?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They say we haven't addressed the "horrid" secondary. Even though we signed Hamlin and still have the draft.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats alright....it's fun to be the underdog

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
The more I hear spencer the more I like it.
And what would you do with Carpenter?
I agree that we should grab another pass rusher in the draft, but how can we have 3 consecutive first round OLBs when you can play only two at the same time?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
If our defense suck, and that's a reason why we won't win a playoff game, what should they say about the Saints?
They seemed to believe our biggest problem will be the o-line this year. Pretty much said Flozell is too sporadic, Colombo is nothing special, and Davis is garbage.

We'll see.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
The more I hear spencer the more I like it.
Call me crazy but I am starting to think its going to be Spencer for us, probably after a trade down, but I could see him at 22 even though a lot of mocks have him going in round 2. I did not see him play this year but the highlight film is impressive, and you cant argue with the numbers this guy put up at Purdue. 155 tackles, 21 sacks, 44 TFL, and an impressive 11 forced fumbles. He's heavier, stronger and slightly faster than Jarvis Moss, with much more impressive stats. Combine that with the fact that Joe Thomas is quoted as saying Spencer gave him more trouble than any other DE in his time at Wisconsin sounds good to me. Also found this interesting quote from his NFL.com scouting report.

"Compares To: Shaun Phillips, San Diego -- Both players were developed in the Joe Tiller system at Purdue to attack the quarterback with quickness … Both lack the ideal size you look for in a defensive end, but Phillips proved that he was capable of competing in a stand-up position … Spencer was a better prospect than Phillips coming out of college … If used in a similar system, Spencer will have just as much success in the pro ranks that Phillips has shown."

We all know who coached Phillips opposite Merriman.

I know what i'll hear but..but..what about Carp, what about 3 LB's in 3 first rounds, and to an extent I agree. I'm not saying that i'm 100% for the guy, only that I like him, and I think Jerry and Wade do as well.

Oh and you can play all three at one time, there are plenty of ways to do it, early in the year Carp could play outside on first and second down, and inside on third replacing Bradie, with Spencer playing outside or with his hand on the ground on 3rd down/obvious passing downs.

I fully agree with Parcells that you can never, ever have too many pressure players on your team, and I betcha Wade can find a way to get plenty of PT for both of em.

Last edited by jdnoyes : 04-19-2007 at 05:20 PM.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
And what would you do with Carpenter?
I agree that we should grab another pass rusher in the draft, but how can we have 3 consecutive first round OLBs when you can play only two at the same time?
I've said this before...Carp will play inside and outside. Both players will get more than enough reps to contribute and be worth their draft positions.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-19-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my 1st post was on this thread, and so will my 1000th.

And ahhh... Demarcus Ware owns.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Steve D. in Jackson, Miss. with the obligatory Cowboys question: Matt, have you confirmed with Jerry Jones who the Cowboys will select at No. 22? And how much say will Wade Phillips have?

Mosley: Steve, Jerry usually waits until the Friday before the draft to fill me in, but I do have a general idea of what he's planning to do. Unless someone falls into their laps, the Cowboys will attempt to trade out of the first round and secure another pick in the second. There's a feeling across the league that the talent in the first round starts to fall dramatically about halfway through, and that's why Jones will probably be looking for a trading partner.

In recent weeks, the club has zeroed in on Miami safety Brandon Meriweather and Purdue defensive end/linebacker Anthony Spencer. Several former Big 10 offensive linemen have told the Cowboys that Spencer was the toughest player they had to block. The reason he might be available early in the second round is that he didn't have much production until his senior season, when he had 10½ sacks.

DeMarcus Ware and an aging Greg Ellis are the Cowboys' only consistent pass-rushers, so Phillips could use Spencer. And don't rule out Florida defensive end Jarvis Moss, who could be converted to linebacker. Jones loves signing local kids, and Moss played at nearby Denton Ryan High School.

Interesting statement by Mosley...this is about the tenth trade down source I have scene.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-21-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

There continue to be rumblings that a few teams have inquired about the availability of Dallas starter Julius Jones, who has rushed for 2,896 yards in three seasons and is coming off a 2006 campaign in which he posted a career-best 1,084 yards. It's not the first time such rumors have surrounded Jones, with talk before last year's draft that he might be swapped to the New York Jets. Jones is a tough, pinball-style runner, but there are concerns about his long-term durability. And while backup Marion Barber III hasn't yet carried more than 150 times in a season, the suspicion is that some Dallas officials feel he is ready to take over the No. 1 role.

from Len Pascerlli or w/e his name is
lenny p

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-21-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Steve D. in Jackson, Miss. with the obligatory Cowboys question: Matt, have you confirmed with Jerry Jones who the Cowboys will select at No. 22? And how much say will Wade Phillips have?

Mosley: Steve, Jerry usually waits until the Friday before the draft to fill me in, but I do have a general idea of what he's planning to do. Unless someone falls into their laps, the Cowboys will attempt to trade out of the first round and secure another pick in the second. There's a feeling across the league that the talent in the first round starts to fall dramatically about halfway through, and that's why Jones will probably be looking for a trading partner.

In recent weeks, the club has zeroed in on Miami safety Brandon Meriweather and Purdue defensive end/linebacker Anthony Spencer. Several former Big 10 offensive linemen have told the Cowboys that Spencer was the toughest player they had to block. The reason he might be available early in the second round is that he didn't have much production until his senior season, when he had 10 sacks.

DeMarcus Ware and an aging Greg Ellis are the Cowboys' only consistent pass-rushers, so Phillips could use Spencer. And don't rule out Florida defensive end Jarvis Moss, who could be converted to linebacker. Jones loves signing local kids, and Moss played at nearby Denton Ryan High School.

Interesting statement by Mosley...this is about the tenth trade down source I have scene.
Good, JJ got my draft Meriweather as a CB letter.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-21-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Good, JJ got my draft Meriweather as a CB letter.
I wouldn't be a very happy person if that happened. Meriweather has a ton of playmaking ability. However he will never be good enough to be a #2 corner. I just like him sitting back and reading rather than reacting and forced out of what he does best. I don't think we need a future FS...I think he would excel there esspecially with Roy...but I really think our answer is already on the roster whether it be Hamlin or Watkins...I think both have the ability to be playmaker at FS.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-21-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't be a very happy person if that happened. Meriweather has a ton of playmaking ability. However he will never be good enough to be a #2 corner. I just like him sitting back and reading rather than reacting and forced out of what he does best. I don't think we need a future FS...I think he would excel there esspecially with Roy...but I really think our answer is already on the roster whether it be Hamlin or Watkins...I think both have the ability to be playmaker at FS.
I can understand drafting Merriweather only if we move down and select him, but not at 22
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
I can understand drafting Merriweather only if we move down and select him, but not at 22
I dont know about that one... the Patriots and Eagles are at 24 and 26 and both in the market for a S/CB. If JJ/Wade really want Meriweather it will probably have to happen at 22. With all of Nelson's "issues", Meriweather is pretty much the clear #2 safety on most boards... so, a trade down wouldnt seem that likely.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 04-21-2007 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont know about that one... the Patriots and Eagles are at 24 and 26 and both in the market for a S/CB. If JJ/Wade really want Meriweather it will probably have to happen at 22. With all of Nelson's "issues", Meriweather is pretty much the clear #2 safety on most boards... so, a trade down wouldnt seem that likely.
Pretty much the clear cut #2 safety on most boards... ? I have my doubts.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Pretty much the clear cut #2 safety on most boards... ? I have my doubts.
Just here say...

Meriweather talent wise has the ability to be quite possibly the best of this class and teams know that. Obviously, the big question is his character and from what I've gathered... he is getting rave reviews in the interview process. He has been rocketing up the boards as of late and is benefiting from Reggie Nelson's poor interviews and lack of overall experience (as to is Griffin). As of this very moment... he is a 1st rounder.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-21-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm not the biggest fan of Mick's Mail because, well ole Mick isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but, this gave me a little laugh....

Carolyn Kamensky, Carrollton, Texas: The Boys need to make some serious noise in the draft! Our offense needs something big. T.O. has proven he is not it. Tony Romo is not proven and Julius Jones is hit and miss. Oakland needs a quarterback. Well, what about Romo/Julius and our first-round pick in exchange for the No. 1 pick in draft? Brad Johnson is a proven quarterback and Marion Barber is a great runner. The Boys pick up Calvin Johnson. What do you think?

Anyone ever get on Mick's Mail? I did once like 4-5 years ago. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 04-21-2007 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that was a stupid idiotic idea by that fan. I never read anything on DC.com unless it's a news announcement. Those guys are really clueless. Remember how happy they were when we drafted Skyler Green last year? They were partying it up!
Old 04-22-2007, 03:34 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was excited, too. Skyler let me down. You guys didnt think he was a good draft pick at the time?
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I was excited, too. Skyler let me down. You guys didnt think he was a good draft pick at the time?
I did after Mickey got me all pumped up. LOL!

It was a good try. Can't blame anyone for the pick. Just gotta blame Skyler for being a flop.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well, Mayock thinks we go secondary round 1.

Without any glaring roster holes to fill, the Dallas Cowboys say they plan to take the best available player when they're on the clock in the first round of next weekend's NFL draft.

But at least one draft analyst isn't buying it. The NFL Network's Mike Maycock believes the Cowboys still have a major need in the secondary even after they signed free-agent safety Ken Hamlin to a one-year deal to play deep while Roy Williams moves closer to the line of scrimmage.

"They're the same type of player," Maycock said. "Between Hamlin and Roy Williams, they don't cover a lot of ground."

Dallas is hopeful Hamlin will free Williams to once again play in the box. But Maycock and other analysts say the former Seattle Seahawks player isn't a pure cover safety and won't have a major impact on a secondary that was awful in the second half of last season.

"They've got to look at strengthening their back four," he said. "And there are some corners in this draft that are world-class athletes with great speed and great footwork."

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-22-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I was gonna do this yesterday but, i forgot...

Happy one day late birthday Tony Romo!!!! Woo!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pl3m0pD1chc

I love this guy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-22-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

My favorite Romo picture

old school now

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-22-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Cowboys scouts to play larger role this year?

http://nfl.aolsportsblog.com/2007/04...-say-in-draft/

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-23-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
arockii

yeah after the 4 years they spent behind parcells,they should have a better eye for talent than in years past.