Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-23-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
arockii

I think we go defense in round 1 either DE/OLB or CB,my two favprite players for us to draft would be Jarvis Moss or Anthony Spencer.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiper has us taking Dwayne Jarrett in his mock today...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

On Talkin' Cowboys today Jerry said Leonard Davis is have an "outstanding off-season and has exceeded expectations." Sweet.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how ESPN always makes such a big deal about Owens.

There Breaking News story: Cowboys to pick up Owens $3 mil. roster bonus.

They are pretty much the only damn people that thought he would be let go, idiots.

edit: they just took it down.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

was there any doubt he would be back? come on ESPN dont be idiots
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Dcboys94

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Kiper has us taking Dwayne Jarrett in his mock today...
thats what i like to hear the cowboys gettin the next fitzgerald...fitzgerald had a bad forty as well...i think between 4.52 and 4.62
Old 04-25-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcboys94 View Post
thats what i like to hear the cowboys gettin the next fitzgerald...fitzgerald had a bad forty as well...i think between 4.52 and 4.62
Those two are nothing alike. Larry plays a lot faster than his 40, Jarrett is just slow and relies heavily on his size ala, Keyshawn Johnson. He gets zero seperation in college, just think how bad it's gonna be in the nfl. I just have a big problem with that comparison.

Dwayne Jarret= Keyshawn version 2.0

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-25-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jarrett is the only pick I would be legitimately pissed about
Old 04-25-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Dcboys94

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Those two are nothing alike. Larry plays a lot faster than his 40, Jarrett is just slow and relies heavily on his size ala, Keyshawn Johnson. He gets zero seperation in college, just think how bad it's gonna be in the nfl.

Dwayne Jarret= Keyshawn version 2.0
And keyshawn is a bad thing? the #1 pick in the '96 draft? He has 814 catches, over 10,000 career yards, 64 TD's. will finish his career with 1,000 receptions...u make being the next Keyshawn sound like a bad thing...he compares more to fitz tho...If u were an SC fan or saw any of his games you would of seen he is much faster on the playing field...he got a lot of separation in most of his games...he has 1 ok game vs. one of the top Cb's he's played against...i wouldnt consider 5 catches bad, but if you want to ok...he will dominate on the right team.

DJ=Larry Fitzgerald 2.0
Old 04-25-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Keyshawn was bad. For the #1 pick he sucked. He was nothing better that a good #2 at times. I don't see how anyone that slow could have been a #1 pick. He should have been a 2nd rounder the way his career turned out. Dwayne Jarrett is just bleh.

Trade up for AD!
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcboys94 View Post
And keyshawn is a bad thing? the #1 pick in the '96 draft? He has 814 catches, over 10,000 career yards, 64 TD's. will finish his career with 1,000 receptions...u make being the next Keyshawn sound like a bad thing...he compares more to fitz tho...If u were an SC fan or saw any of his games you would of seen he is much faster on the playing field...he got a lot of separation in most of his games...he has 1 ok game vs. one of the top Cb's he's played against...i wouldnt consider 5 catches bad, but if you want to ok...he will dominate on the right team.

DJ=Larry Fitzgerald 2.0
Please, dont question how much I have seen the guy... I know him very well. He is slow, there is no getting around it... he's a big possession receiver, that compares favorably to Key. Is that a bad thing? No, that's just what he is and Keyshawn had a number of great seasons, he could also. I really want you to go dig up some tape on Fitzgerald and compare it to Jarrett, they are two completly different type of players.

As for the Boys taking Jarrett, I dont see it, his stock has been dropping lately. He may be an early 2nd rounder at this point.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-25-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Please, dont question how much I have seen the guy... I know him very well. He is slow, there is no getting around it... he's a big possession receiver, that compares favorably to Key. Is that a bad thing? No, that's just what he is and Keyshawn had a number of great seasons, he could also. I really want you to go dig up some tape on Fitzgerald and compare it to Jarrett, they are two completly different type of players.

As for the Boys taking Jarrett, I dont see it, his stock has been dropping lately. He may be an early 2nd rounder at this point.
Jarrett may be dropping, but that doesn't make him any worse of a player. Fact of the matter is draft stock is all about who's gaining the latest hype. It's a big fat hype machine and teams psyche each other out to the point where reaches are made and good players fall. That is the case with DJ. Based on the kind of production he'll give you, you can't complain with DJ.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Jarrett may be dropping, but that doesn't make him any worse of a player. Fact of the matter is draft stock is all about who's gaining the latest hype. It's a big fat hype machine and teams psyche each other out to the point where reaches are made and good players fall. That is the case with DJ. Based on the kind of production he'll give you, you can't complain with DJ.
I never said he was a bad player, not one of my favorites but, i never said he was bad. I just disagreed with that comparison, it's a comparison that has been brought up a lot lately and it doesnt make much sense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-25-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

If it would have only cost a 5th rounder, i wouldnt have minded trading for Hall. It's not like we would need him or anything but, i've always been a fan.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-25-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
If it would have only cost a 5th rounder, i wouldnt have minded trading for Hall. It's not like we would need him or anything but, i've always been a fan.
No. A 5th rounder is Walter Thomas. We already have Miles Austin and Tyson Thompson... and possibly Marshawn Lycnh or Reggie Nelson. :D
Old 04-25-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
No. A 5th rounder is Walter Thomas. We already have Miles Austin and Tyson Thompson... and possibly Marshawn Lycnh or Reggie Nelson. :D
Who's gonna return punts though? I love when Newman is back there but, it also is scary to have your # 1 CB returning and Crayton meh, love him as a WR, not much of a return man.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-25-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

maybe have Austin/Thompson start fielding punts or draft one (hopefully not)
Old 04-25-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
maybe have Austin/Thompson start fielding punts or draft one (hopefully not)
I'd like to see Miles back there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-25-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

apparently they brought in Trung Canidate for a workout.

I really hope they don't sign him. It has been like 3 years since he has played I think.

Last edited by fryman : 04-25-2007 at 08:13 PM.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

yeah hes probably the best option other than Newman
Old 04-25-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
apparently they brought in Trung Canidate for a workout.

I really hope the don't sign him. It has been like 3 years since he has played I think.
Trung is basically another Tyson Thompson, with a bust label... i dont want him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-25-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Who is Dung Candidate?
Old 04-25-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Here's a question!

What would have been the smarter pick? Laurence Maroney or Bobby Carpenter?
Old 04-25-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
I love how ESPN always makes such a big deal about Owens.

There Breaking News story: Cowboys to pick up Owens $3 mil. roster bonus.

They are pretty much the only damn people that thought he would be let go, idiots.

edit: they just took it down.
Espn gives Dallas TONS of media coverage:) . LoL, I woke up one day, seeing "Cowboys tender 1 year deal to Reeves."
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Here's a question!

What would have been the smarter pick? Laurence Maroney or Bobby Carpenter?
Still gotta go with Carp, we needed an LB at the time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS