Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-05-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
Ware is 100% easily. How can you give Burnett 10%?
Ware's got to have a breather sometime during games.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Dcboys94

i say:

Ware 100%...Bradie James 89%/Carp 11%...Carpenter 75%/Ayodele 20%/Burnett 5%...Spencer 95 %...Ellis 5%
Old 05-05-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carp will be playing SILB...which would be James spot primarily. Ayodele is going to be a stud this year...perfect fit for his skillset.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:57 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Heard the press conference with Jerry and Wade and it is pretty clear that Bobby Carpenter is either moving inside or sitting.

One of Jerry's kids at ILB is going to the Pines.
I think they were more Parcells' kids than Jerry's...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:19 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is my official LB prediction:

WOLB - Anthony Spencer. Ideally I like Spencer attacking from the weakside. Why? Because I think his natural strengths are in pass rushing... AND he is an excellent run stopper. Asking him to drop back in coverage over the TE is a difficult assignment for any rookie adjusting to a new position.
Backup - Kevin Burnett.

WILB - Akin Ayodele. Second year in this role... we should start to see a better player. I still love the guy and think he's been a solid contributer so far. Still... I wanna see him step his game up.
Backup - Blair Phillips, Dedrick Harrington or Oliver Hoyte.

SILB - Bobby Carpenter. It's his time to shine and become Dallas' next Ken Norton Jr. We haven't had a MLB worth talking about since Ken Jr. was wearing a Dallas Jersey. Every dominant defense has to have a Big Time middle linebacker. I hope Bobby is ready to step up and take his place in Dallas folklore history.
Backup - Bradie James.

SOLB - DeMarcus Ware. Ware is no longer the 245 pound rookie we drafted him as. He's up around 265 now and packed with muscle. Putting him on the strong side puts him in position to wreak some serious damage. Facing RTs instead of LTs = Advantage, Ware. He's already our best coverage LB and putting him in this spot over the TE is the perfect assignment.
Backup - Greg Ellis.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:11 AM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

I actually am warming up to ware on the strongside now. He did pack on some serious muscle, and he is probably better in coverage than Roy Williams.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

WOLB - Anthony Spencer. Ideally I like Spencer attacking from the weakside. Why? Because I think his natural strengths are in pass rushing... AND he is an excellent run stopper. Asking him to drop back in coverage over the TE is a difficult assignment for any rookie adjusting to a new position.
Backup - Kevin Burnett.

WILB - Akin Ayodele. Second year in this role... we should start to see a better player. I still love the guy and think he's been a solid contributer so far. Still... I wanna see him step his game up.

SILB - Bobby Carpenter. It's his time to shine and become Dallas' next Ken Norton Jr. We haven't had a MLB worth talking about since Ken Jr. was wearing a Dallas Jersey. Every dominant defense has to have a Big Time middle linebacker. I hope Bobby is ready to step up and take his place in Dallas folklore history.
Backup - Bradie James.

SOLB - DeMarcus Ware. Ware is no longer the 245 pound rookie we drafted him as. He's up around 265 now and packed with muscle. Putting him on the strong side puts him in position to wreak some serious damage. Facing RTs instead of LTs = Advantage, Ware. He's already our best coverage LB and putting him in this spot over the TE is the perfect assignment.
Backup - Greg Ellis.
I agree with most of your statement, but I do want to argue the point you made about our recent history at the MLB position. Ken Norton was a exceptional player, a beast, but you have to give credit to Dat Nguyen for being a great MLB and great leader during the his time here also. Even though it was a short time. He was really one of most underrated players ever to put on the silver and blue. And the fact he never made it to a Pro Bowl still baffles me. He was always consitent, professional and productive. And maybe most importantly a great guy off the field, a great role-model for the large Vietnamese and Asian community there is in the Metroplex area. Your entitled to your opinion of course, but I did want to bring up Dat, since so many times he has been unjustly overlooked unappreciated, even by many Cowboy fans.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

Quote:
I actually am warming up to ware on the strongside now. He did pack on some serious muscle, and he is probably better in coverage than Roy Williams.
Anyone is better in coverge then Roy Williams... Anyone can hit better then Roy Williams...

Roy Williams..
Ast- 71
Tackles-408
Sacks-6.5
Forced Fumbles-9
Pass Deflections-33
TD-3
Horse Colors-Countless
Blown Coverge-Countless

Brian Dawkins..
Tackles-800
Ast-175
Sacks-18
TD-3
Pass Deflections-109
Forced Fumbles-27 If you want to argue Brian Dawkins has been in the leauge longer therfore of course he will have better numbers..
Sean Taylor..
Tackles-257
Ast-51
Sacks-2
Int-7
Pass Deflections-25
Forced Fumbles-7
Sean Taylor has played 3 seasons Roy Williams has played 5

Brian Dawkins is the best saftey in the NFL..you can
not argue that. He is the best hitter, he is the best in coverge, he is the best leader, and most importantly, he is the best at not breaking opponets necks.

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitoSheppard View Post
Brian Dawkins is the best saftey in the NFL..you can
not argue that. He is the best hitter, he is the best in coverge, he is the best leader, and most importantly, he is the best at not breaking opponets necks.
Your homerism is astonishing, if not humorous. Is Dawkins a great Safety? Absoluetely, any team would love to have him. But is he the best bar none? Hell no. He is one of the top, but you can argue that many have have more impact on there team. Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu come to mind.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Your homerism is astonishing, if not humorous. Is Dawkins a great Safety? Absoluetely, any team would love to have him. But is he the best bar none? Hell no. He is one of the top, but you can argue that many have have more impact on there team. Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu come to mind.
Lol first of all Polamalu doesn't belong in this conversation, second I'v heard the Reed crap before, his stats are really not that great man, he is just known for hitting like Dawkins..

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Lol first of all Polamalu doesn't belong in this conversation, second I'v heard the Reed crap before, his stats are really not that great man, he is just known for hitting like Dawkins..
I love Dawkins, but Reed is better at this point in their careers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

You go by stats? Your an idiot. Stats don't mean much when evaluating a player.

And you can have Dawkins all you want, we are still going to spank you up and down the field this year. You have Dawkins, we will have the NFC East.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
God, I can see arguing with you is gonna be like arguing with a dry wall. If you really believe Ed Reed is only a "hitter" then your NFL IQ is lower then I thought. Lets go ahead forget the fact that He holds the Ravens Franchise record for Interceptions. A team which has had players like Chris McAlister, Samri Rolle and Rod Woodson. And I guess since he so one dimensional, that 2004 Defensive Player of the Year, where he had 9 pick by the way, was undeserved. Have you seen a Ravens game?

And please this is the Cowboys Discussion forums, so take your lube and Brian Dawkins photo elsewhere.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You go by stats? Your an idiot. Stats don't mean much when evaluating a player.

And you can have Dawkins all you want, we are still going to spank you up and down the field this year. You have Dawkins, we will have the NFC East.
To Eagles fans, stats mean everything.... That's why they gave Timmy Chang a chance. LOL.

They love to rip Roy Williams... but can only do so now that Darren Woodson is retired. As good as Dawkins is, he'll never stack up to Woody.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Timmy Chang. LOL. And when D-Unit rips a former Hawaii player, you know he is serious.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
da11a5c0wb0y5

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Backup - Kevin Burnett.

Backup - Bradie James.

Backup - Greg Ellis.

I like this a lot...

my question is what are we gunna do with Bradie James...
we pay him too much for him to sit on thy bench
Old 05-06-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by da11a5c0wb0y5 View Post
I like this a lot...

my question is what are we gunna do with Bradie James...
we pay him too much for him to sit on thy bench
So he better be ready to perform when his number is called. We pay him money, but not Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Zach Thomas money. He was a 4th rounder who made it. Nothing more. Carp is the future.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Actually D-Unit, Bradie James was projected as a late 1st rounder. So was Jason Witten. They were both HUGE steals. And like LSU says, if your under the cap, it doesn't matter who is on the bench or playing. It's not like if you pay them they have to play or something.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
da11a5c0wb0y5

any good DTs out there we could get?
Old 05-07-2007, 01:32 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Actually D-Unit, Bradie James was projected as a late 1st rounder. So was Jason Witten. They were both HUGE steals. And like LSU says, if your under the cap, it doesn't matter who is on the bench or playing. It's not like if you pay them they have to play or something.
LOL. Wow Sherlock, who projected Bradie as a first rounder? You? Gimme a break. He is what he was. Stop being a homer you dork.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:32 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
any good DTs out there we could get?
No. We missed the boat.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Actually D-Unit, I did see a good amount of mocks that had Bradie James around 28-32.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Actually D-Unit, I did see a good amount of mocks that had Bradie James around 28-32.
Who gives a rat's ass? I don't care about your made up stories. You are what you are. Bradie was a 4th rounder, not a 1st rounder. He did not have 1st round talent and never has. He's an overachiever, I'll give him that. But even in his overachieving, he's not an elite LB... and it's not in his future either. Carp has the potential to be our star MLB.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
da11a5c0wb0y5

Do you see us playing any 2-5-4 formations where Spears and Canty play on the line while Ware, Ellis, and Spencer blitz from the LB position
Old 05-09-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you see us playing any 2-5-4 formations where Spears and Canty play on the line while Ware, Ellis, and Spencer blitz from the LB position
I'm pretty sure there is no such thing...running one that line would be too easy. I think we could see some 3-3-5 this year. But that would be more of a passing defense anyways.

We are going to see a 5-2-4 defense all year...basically an inverted 46 defense. I'm really interested to watch our DL work. When is the last time you've seen a DL twist/stunt/slant it is going to be a whole new ballgame down there.

Another thing that'll be a lot different is our pre-snap defense. Wade loves to move the defense around and confuse the opponent. Now this has it's drawbacks since sometimes we might fail to get into position occasionally. But it is effective....Parcells just lined up and said beat me...Wade is more of a mind game scheme.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote