Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-09-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I think they were more Parcells' kids than Jerry's...
Bradie James is a Parcells guy? How you figure that one?

Pretty much everyone (now) is in agreement his contract was a reach and last I checked Jerry gave it to him b/c he was the "leader" of the December D collapse.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
I actually am warming up to ware on the strongside now. He did pack on some serious muscle, and he is probably better in coverage than Roy Williams.

Amen to this move.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
To Eagles fans, stats mean everything.... That's why they gave Timmy Chang a chance. LOL.

They love to rip Roy Williams... but can only do so now that Darren Woodson is retired. As good as Dawkins is, he'll never stack up to Woody.
Still does not eliminate the fact Roy basically sucks as a Defensive Back.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Bradie James is a Parcells guy? How you figure that one?

Pretty much everyone (now) is in agreement his contract was a reach and last I checked Jerry gave it to him b/c he was the "leader" of the December D collapse.
Because he's the probably the prototypical ILB-run thumper for Parcells 3-4...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

McQuistan has been now been officialy switched to OG. It is on DC.com if you want to check for yourself.

So I guess that means Fee or Marten is the future. I guess Jerry and the rest of the staff don't see what Parcells saw in him.

Bulk Free up, and he could be a quality LT. Maybe a couple of pro-bowls. His only knock is strength.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Because he's the probably the prototypical ILB-run thumper for Parcells 3-4...
You are repeating BBD but not addressing the point. James is a Jerry guy as much as anyone else.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
McQuistan has been now been officialy switched to OG. It is on DC.com if you want to check for yourself.

So I guess that means Fee or Marten is the future. I guess Jerry and the rest of the staff don't see what Parcells saw in him.

Bulk Free up, and he could be a quality LT. Maybe a couple of pro-bowls. His only knock is strength.
Given Jerry's track record of finding and developing talent I would say McQuistan should stay at LT.

Regardless I love the BP under the bus contingent. How about mentioning developing Romo? How about Barber? Getting Glen and Fergie? Ayodele? I won't both talking about Parcells track record with finding and developing folks.

Who has Jerry found and developed that were not Jimmy Johnson guys?

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 05-10-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Unhappy

Quote:
Who has Jerry found and developed that were not Jimmy Johnson guys?
Greg Ellis!
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought you were going to be gone for a few months.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Greg Ellis!

WOW!!!!!!! And he passed on Randy Moss in the process.

Jerry is among the worst GM's in the league. Not because he does not know talent but because he has no idea how to develop them or how to work with a qualified coaching staff to develop them.

Say what you will about Parcells (the bad guy everyone hates), he was excellent at developing willing, compliant players. No matter how much control Bill had, Jerry never let him do his job the way he wanted to.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WOW!!!!!!! And he passed on Randy Moss in the process.

Jerry is among the worst GM's in the league. Not because he does not know talent but because he has no idea how to develop them or how to work with a qualified coaching staff to develop them.

Say what you will about Parcells (the bad guy everyone hates), he was excellent at developing willing, compliant players. No matter how much control Bill had, Jerry never let him do his job the way he wanted to.
It can go both ways... Jacob Rogers and Stephen Peterman were both Parcells' guys, they were both MAJOR bust.
Terence Newman was Jerry's guy, and he turned out pretty good...

And about James. James was drafted by Parcells for many reasons, and he got that extension because Parcells was very high on him for his defense. Parcells left James on the field even on nickel packages, so I think it's pretty cleare how much he liked the player.
Why do you consider him Jerry's guy? Yes, it was Jerry who paid for him, but because he's the owner and the GM, but why don't you think that was Parcells who wanted to lock up James?

I agree that we have to be thankful to ole Bill for the players he brought to the team and for their devolpment. But I think that your hate on Jerry is blind.
Jerry took this franchise back to success again.
You can say that this was because of the players and the scheme Johnson brought to the team, but when he left we still managed to win another SB, but Jimmy's career went from great to horrible.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Another note from Talkin' Cowboys this past week, Carpenter has bulked up good amount. ILB.....?
Old 05-11-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote from Phillips on McQ

"Yeah, we moved him to guard," Phillips said. "But I don't want to get into all of that because we may move guys around. We're going to look again and see where we think they can best help us and see how they do at whatever position. Where they start out certainly isn't where you can end at, if you show what you can do."

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
I actually think he would be a better Guard. I like Free a lot better as our future LT. I think Marten can be a quality swing T.
You were the one calling for McQ as our future starter at LT. Just thought i would point out another instance of you flip flopping your stance in favor of what is currently going on....Just like a true homer/****.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

I like McQuistan, but I like Free more. I also think he would make a better guard, he is a baby eater after all.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/
Looks like TO is ahead of schedule. Already catching passes mini camp.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Receiver Miles Austin is now No. 19 with Brad Johnson wearing No. 14 and this comes after he briefly had a number in the 80s in the off-season.

Linebacker Akin Ayodele is back in No. 51, his number for four years in Jacksonville. Al Singleton wore it the previous four seasons.

Nose tackle Montavious Stanley is No. 92 after wearing No. 60 last year as a rookie.

Here are the newcomers:
S Ken Hamlin - 27
RG Leonard Davis - 70
QB Brad Johnson - 14
WR Jamel Richardson - 18

The draft picks
LB Anthony Spencer - 93
OT James Marten - 79
WR Isaiah Stanback - 86
OT Doug Free - 68
K Nick Folk - 6
FB Deon Anderson - 34
CB Courtney Brown - 40
CB Alan Ball - 38

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

WR with number in 10's are pet peeve of mine. Stupid I know. But still, a pet peeve.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Same here Paul.

Oh and if the media is going to start saying T.O. is only catching passes to brong attention on himself, they are F'in ***. If SportsCenter makes a big deal about it, I think I might take a quick drive down to Bristol....

Last edited by Achilles33 : 05-12-2007 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
WR with number in 10's are pet peeve of mine. Stupid I know. But still, a pet peeve.
Mine, too. Especially the low ones. I don't have a huge problekm with numbers like 17, 18, 19; but something like 10? I'm not a huge fan...

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Mine, too. Especially the low ones. I don't have a huge problekm with numbers like 17, 18, 19; but something like 10? I'm not a huge fan...
Has Stanback made the Pro Bowl already?
Old 05-12-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Yes he has. 2, actually.

Oh and T.O. didn't drop a pass all day. :) He caught a TD on Newman in 7 on 7 drills.

Another note, Newman's agent is at the ranch.

Last edited by Achilles33 : 05-12-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Wade Phillips said Ware will pass rush more this season.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wade Phillips said Ware will pass rush more this season.
Thanks for the breaking news. Did he mention whether or not Romo would be making his throws with his right arm this year?
Old 05-13-2007, 03:03 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Thanks for the breaking news. Did he mention whether or not Romo would be making his throws with his right arm this year?
ahahahahahaahah. good stuff.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote