Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-13-2007, 07:26 AM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Well Ware didn't pass rush as much as he should of last season, and he was just letting people know. Your welcome for breaking the news.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
Wade Phillips said Ware will pass rush more this season.
Sounds great assuming he get there and stops fiddling with feet as he hits the LT's left shoulder.

Ware is more Derrick Thomas than Lawrence Taylor. Needs to use his speed because his hands and footwork are not Merrimanesque.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Well Ware didn't pass rush as much as he should of last season, and he was just letting people know. Your welcome for breaking the news.
Ware basically played LDE last year on passing situations. This is a myth he was mostly covering.

Barring a brain fart, only time he covered routinely is when they put the TE in motion to weak side and the Offense kept a WR in the slot on the strong side.

But anyway.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cry Baby Cowboys:
Julius Jones
Terrell Owens
Terence Newman
Marcus Spears

Cry Baby Cowboy fans:
nrcirc
Robert
Romosexual

Let me know if I forgot anyone.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:45 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Cry Baby Cowboys:
Julius Jones
Terrell Owens
Terence Newman
Marcus Spears

Cry Baby Cowboy fans:
nrcirc
Robert
Romosexual

Let me know if I forgot anyone.
Kevin Burnett, but not for the same reasons (parcells bashing) he just wants PT which is guess can be seen as a good thing.

Bradie James also kinda pissed me off talking about how the old scheme set him up for failure. He could get dishonorable mention.

you should add achilles too, because according to him we were far too conservative last year and this year we will be awesome because that crappy coach parcells is gone....hes pretty much on par with what the players are saying.

I just think its funny how the players who flourished under parcells like romo and ware keep their mouths shut, and guys who know they should have played better on their own, like roy, keeps his mouth shut, but all these other under achievers, with the exception of newman are so quick to blame the scheme.

and from what ive read, newman hasn't cried nearly as much as the others, he just made that one comment on how he believes the team should have been more agressive, however he didnt blame external reasons for him only having a few int's. correct me if im wrong.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:16 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cry Baby Cowboys:
Julius Jones
Terrell Owens
Terence Newman
Marcus Spears
Terence Newman
Kevin Burnett
Bradie James

Cry Baby Cowboy fans:
nrcirc
Robert
Romosexual
Achilles/TNew/Balaskonis
Old 05-15-2007, 04:25 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Cry Baby Cowboys:
Julius Jones
Terrell Owens
Terence Newman
Marcus Spears
Terence Newman
Kevin Burnett
Bradie James

Cry Baby Cowboy fans:
nrcirc
Robert
Romosexual
Achilles/TNew/Balaskonis
looks up to speed.... for now, unfortunately.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

From the Cowboys blog:

Quote:
** I know you guys want some updates on the offensive and defensive line play but without pads it's hard to get a read on what any of them are doing. Wade Phillips said Chris Canty has been disruptive, and he liked what Jason Hatcher and Marcus Spears have done, too. On the offensive side of the ball it was impressive to see Leonard Davis in space as a blocker on a screen pass to Julius Jones.
Yea big Leonard.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cry Baby Cowboy fans: Romosexual
??? I'm just curious. say what you want I wont take offense. PM me if you want

Last edited by Im_a_Romosexual : 05-15-2007 at 11:41 AM. Reason: crazy typo
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not like the calling out of Tuna by some of the players, but the silverlining of it all is that some of our key players are happy with the new coaching staff. I mean if Julius, TO, Terrence and Spears, our big name guys, are happy with where the team going, I see that as a great sign. Most of these guys say that the new coaching staff put them in positions where they can make the biggest impact, let them play in the way there most comfortable, in turn where they can succeed. So if they believe and truly feel that way, then this season we should see some real good production from all of them. If they don't produce ,it's all on them, no more excuses.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
??? I'm just curious. say what you want I wont take offense. PM me if you want
I don't know if it's anything specific. I'll disregard it if you prefer to be on the side of generally supporting Parcells, generally supporting the moves the org has made in the draft and in FA... not saying you need to be in agreement 100%... but for the most part, what I get from you is general unhappiness with the organization. Are you not unhappy?
Old 05-15-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest guys, Im not too sure if you should be excited about the players talking about how they enjoy the laid back approach of Phillips. The laid back approach, 9 out of 10 times, does not work.

I don't know how many of you played on a team before, but the guys who I felt were the best coaches for my teams were the stone faced hardasses. When everyone is lax, it shows on the field and its not a good thing. You need that stern guy who will make sure everyone is focused and ready to play. Of course the players love it. The new guy is going soft on them. Its making their life easier.

Think of work. Which boss gets more productivity out of you? The hardass who rides you every minute of the day, or the laid back nice boss that let's you do your own thing? Think about that. You may not like the guy, but he gets more work out of you than the laid back guy. You like the easier boss, but you don't perform up to par for him compared to the hardass because you don't have to.

Remember, these guys are rich, and at the end of the day, most of em don't care. Its an unfortunate truth. You can't be lax with a bunch of millionaires, you need a stern coach to make sure they stay focused. I saw it first hand with Fassell. He set us back 4 years with his laid back style. To a point where we needed the ultimate disciplinarian in Coughlin to come by and bring some toughness back to the team.

Look at Atlanta. Theyre ripping on Mora for the opposite reasons your guys are ripping on Parcells. Theyre saying Mora was too laid back and players took advantage of it and didn't stay focused. What would you rather have, tight focused guys, or guys who are loose and doesn't give a hoot? Ive never been a fan of the laid back style. I don't believe in it.

Just look at the history of the game. I bet 80 to 90% of the SB winning teams had a hard ass as their HC. Thats what it takes to mold a team. Softies make soft teams.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's okay for others to be dissatisfied with our off season, I mean not everybody is going to be happy with it.They have the right to feel anyway they want, and if they feel critical about the moves we made, let them feel that way. It's what fans do. No need to call them crybabies.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you are not 100% homer than you be come a cry baby, that is fine with me. It is funny that you put me in first place.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just looking at some tape of San Diego highlights because Im bored out of my mind, and heres some things I noticed to add onto what we already know:

-lots of weakside/strongside blitzes. Ie they like the overload one side of the oline. Sometimes both pass rushers will be on the same side, sometimes they will be on opposite sides. He likes moving around his lb core to create confusion for pass protection

-I think Ive said this before, but lots of flat 4 out of the secondary. The CBs funnell the WRs to the safeties if they run crossing/quckslant routes. Man coverage on the TE with the SILB. The pass coverage could get porous at times. He likes to use alot of feast or famine type of blitz/coverage technqiues, although thats not always the case. I saw some Cover 2, saw some 4 man rushes. He'll throw the playbook at you.

-When you see the line one gapping, it almost always means (from the stuff I saw) blitzing is going down. He likes causing disruption by breaking the "links" of the offensive line. If you see one gapping going down, expect a blitz out of the 3-4 shell. But I shouldnt say always. More often than not you should expect it, but he'll trick you sometimes and come with 4 at the qb with the one gap front.

-He does a decent amount of 2 gapping. Not as much as Parcells, but its not totaly whiped out of the playbook. I noticed he likes doing it against the 2 TE set. Again, this is based on the stuff I saw, I can't say that he'll always do this.

-Here's the catch though. That front 7 SD had was amazing. More often than not, it wasn't the scheme that wowed me so much, but the push the players got. It was amazing. They have a very dominant front, and I think thats a huge reason why they got such great pressure.

Overall after pausing, evaluating presnap/post snap analysis of alot of the plays I got to see from studying a game of the Chargers vs KC in 2005 (this is the game Im basing my analysis off of), what impresses me alot about Phillips defense is how he uses confusion to really throw off the pass protection of the offense. He moves guys around alot, and does lots of stunts, over/under with the dline to confuse the snot of the offense.

He's great when it comes to getting pressure and disrupting at the point of attack. But if you can block his fronts, his defense is dead in the water. The pass coverage is porous at times. Its feast or famine. More often than not, its feast, but don't be surprised to see your team give up more big plays than last year. Theyll make more big plays, but they'll also give up more big plays.

If front 3 and Ware and Spencer don't improve their individual technique, it could get ugly. If they do, the defense could be beastly. Only time will tell how it works out.

Thule, I noticed you have a good understanding of the Philips 3-4. Is there anything you wanna add? Or is there anything you disagree with what I said? Im curious to learn more about this defense. I know basics, but I don't get to see enough tape of it to really understand it in great detail.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know if it's anything specific. I'll disregard it if you prefer to be on the side of generally supporting Parcells, generally supporting the moves the org has made in the draft and in FA... not saying you need to be in agreement 100%... but for the most part, what I get from you is general unhappiness with the organization. Are you not unhappy?
I like what the team is doing and I'll support whatever the team is doing. I just was unhappy about the Stanback pick and thats about it. Otherwise I have liked all the other moves the team has made this offseason.

I was just curious, nothing taken personally.

Last edited by Im_a_Romosexual : 05-15-2007 at 01:39 PM. Reason: I've gotta start proofreading.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Kevin Burnett, but not for the same reasons (parcells bashing) he just wants PT which is guess can be seen as a good thing.

Bradie James also kinda pissed me off talking about how the old scheme set him up for failure. He could get dishonorable mention.

you should add achilles too, because according to him we were far too conservative last year and this year we will be awesome because that crappy coach parcells is gone....hes pretty much on par with what the players are saying.

I just think its funny how the players who flourished under parcells like romo and ware keep their mouths shut, and guys who know they should have played better on their own, like roy, keeps his mouth shut, but all these other under achievers, with the exception of newman are so quick to blame the scheme.

and from what ive read, newman hasn't cried nearly as much as the others, he just made that one comment on how he believes the team should have been more agressive, however he didnt blame external reasons for him only having a few int's. correct me if im wrong.
Newman an underacheiver? He is MVP on the team. #2 or 3 best CB in the NFL. Definitly an underachiever.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Hey BBD, go look at SD's defense last year, were they soft?

And Parcells wasn't a hard ass, he was a di**. No one like him. Players like Newman didn't have more INT's because they didn't want to make a mistake because Parcells chewed them out. It doesn't matter if they are laid back, or if they are a hard ass, it matters if they call good plays. Something Parcells didn't do at all last year. With the talent on theis team we should be dominating the NFC.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Newman is our MVP. If our team loses anybody it can't be T-New. We can lose anybody else and we got solid backups. You just can't go into the FA Market and get a great CB like he is. Easily top 3 Cornerbacks in the NFL.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
To be honest guys, Im not too sure if you should be excited about the players talking about how they enjoy the laid back approach of Phillips. The laid back approach, 9 out of 10 times, does not work.

I don't know how many of you played on a team before, but the guys who I felt were the best coaches for my teams were the stone faced hardasses. When everyone is lax, it shows on the field and its not a good thing. You need that stern guy who will make sure everyone is focused and ready to play. Of course the players love it. The new guy is going soft on them. Its making their life easier.

Think of work. Which boss gets more productivity out of you? The hardass who rides you every minute of the day, or the laid back nice boss that let's you do your own thing? Think about that. You may not like the guy, but he gets more work out of you than the laid back guy. You like the easier boss, but you don't perform up to par for him compared to the hardass because you don't have to.

Remember, these guys are rich, and at the end of the day, most of em don't care. Its an unfortunate truth. You can't be lax with a bunch of millionaires, you need a stern coach to make sure they stay focused. I saw it first hand with Fassell. He set us back 4 years with his laid back style. To a point where we needed the ultimate disciplinarian in Coughlin to come by and bring some toughness back to the team.

Look at Atlanta. Theyre ripping on Mora for the opposite reasons your guys are ripping on Parcells. Theyre saying Mora was too laid back and players took advantage of it and didn't stay focused. What would you rather have, tight focused guys, or guys who are loose and doesn't give a hoot? Ive never been a fan of the laid back style. I don't believe in it.

Just look at the history of the game. I bet 80 to 90% of the SB winning teams had a hard ass as their HC. Thats what it takes to mold a team. Softies make soft teams.

Amen brotha .........
Old 05-15-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

And Parcells wasn't a hard ass, he was a di**. No one like him. Players like Newman didn't have more INT's because they didn't want to make a mistake because Parcells chewed them out. It doesn't matter if they are laid back, or if they are a hard ass, it matters if they call good plays. Something Parcells didn't do at all last year. With the talent on theis team we should be dominating the NFC.
San Diego had a hardass HC in Marty Schottenheimer that coached with the same school of thought that Parcells coached with. Wade just called plays in SD. Your responsibilities as a HC is far beyond that.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Newman an underacheiver? He is MVP on the team. #2 or 3 best CB in the NFL. Definitly an underachiever.
i said WITH THE EXCEPTION OF NEWMAN dumb ass. go read it again. "nice try though" as you would put it.

Anyways, Like BBD said, I dont like how all of these players are talking about how great it is now and how relaxed they are. They best coach i ever had was the one that the entire team hated durring the season. We all said we hated him and didn't see what we were getting out of him breaking us down mentally and physically, but really at the end of the season we all realized he had made us a tougher team in all aspects. I liked what Parcells did with these guys.

All that i can hope for is that parcells left a lasting impression on these guys, and when times get tough this year they are strong enough mentally to get through it.

Worst case scenario, we have a bunch of guys who think its great that they can do whatever they want, they lose a bit of an edge that Parcells brought out in them, they dont fear messing up as much as they did last year, and overall we come out as a more athletic team but one that is mentally soft which will factor in big time in playoffs.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:

look at their defense in the playoffs... you know, those games that actually matter?

The patriots shut down merriman and the team went into disseray. They didn't have the mental toughness to get through that game, which I blame Marty for, not Wade. None the less, you keep trying to run parcells into the ground and throw him under the bus, which is the easiest way to get over last years problems, but it is also incorrect. Parcells brought us up from nothing and is 100% responsible for Romo, which is good enough by itself for me.

Oh yeah, and with this new laid back, throw-the-old-coach-under-the-bus attitude, watch how many child tantrums T.O. throws out on the sidelines this year. We're in for a long season of ******** to say the least.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And Parcells wasn't a hard ass, he was a di**. No one like him.
so a handful of players didn't like the HC and the whole team doesnt like him? come on!
Old 05-15-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc View Post
If you are not 100% homer than you be come a cry baby, that is fine with me. It is funny that you put me in first place.
not true, achilles is the biggest homer on NFLDC, but he still made the cut for cry babies :)

Last edited by Burns336 : 05-15-2007 at 02:23 PM.