Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-19-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

LMAO. Burns, post a useful peace of information, and then come talk to me. You rip me, yet I haven't seen a useful post from you in recent memory. Hmmmm..........
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Actually Burns, the fact that you came out and posted our PMs to everyone, shows that you are the more insecure one, and are trying to get people to back you up. Nice try though. Actually, it was a pretty bad one.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's f'n hilarious. So when do you plan on joining us here in reality, Achilles?
Old 05-19-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

I am already in reality. Check with Burns on that subject.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
I am already in reality. Check with Burns on that subject.
You're mistaken, I actually told you that I believed you lived in a fantasy world; Remember, I told you that your opinions were actually valued there.

Anyway, I have no insecurites, I simply posted the PM because I figured if you had something to say, why not let everyone see? I am also consistently trying to get you to leave the boards so we wont have any more of this stuff.

I wish I didn't have to contribute to polluting the forum, but you've left me no other choice. You've got to go.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

OMG I am loving this. This is a freakin message board. You guys are acting like you are my parents. LMAO. This is hilarious. It is a message board, I will type whatever the hell I want, and piss you off if I want. Who freakin cares? Why do you care?
Old 05-19-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OMG I am loving this. This is a freakin message board. You guys are acting like you are my parents. LMAO. This is hilarious. It is a message board, I will type whatever the hell I want, and piss you off if I want. Who freakin cares? Why do you care?
What makes you so sure I'm not your parent?
Old 05-19-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Ill even make a deal with you... Find me 3 people that actually believe your posts are insightful and they enjoy reading them from inside the Cowboys Team Thread (to make sure that you dont just go create more accounts) and I will never comment on anything you say ever again. In fact, I will LEAVE the boards if you can find 3 respectable posters to back you up. I will up and leave.

As for you, if you cannot find 3 people, then you must leave the boards and never come back. No making a 4th account.

Deal?
Old 05-19-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Because my parents are in the kitchen right now talking...

I never wanted to make new accounts Burns, I wish I could have Balaskonis back, but I can't. Either way, i'll leave the site. I'll probably come back during the season though. Have fun with your insecurities. Posting our PM's obviously shows your insecure. And the one who is accussing the person of being insecure, is the real one who is insecure, Burns. Later.

Last edited by Achilles33 : 05-19-2007 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Achilles latest response.

This coming after I told him I thought he lacked intelligence.

"Your the one who is PMing back, and I don't give a **** about people hating me on a message board. And actually, my IQ is 150, I would best atleast 20 points higher than yours." - Achilles

SO just to set things straight, Achilles pulls mad girls and is smart. Everyone back off, I think he may also be capable of casting a spell on you.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, you might be right. I doubt any of my strays would turn out like you. Although from what I remember of your mother, it's possible that it's her gene pool to blame. Who cares. I wouldn't send you a check anyway.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I never wanted to make new accounts Burns, I wish I could have Balaskonis back, but I can't. Either way, i'll leave the site. I'll probably come back during the season though. Have fun with your insecurities. Posting our PM's obviously shows your insecure. And the one who is accussing the person of being insecure, is the real one who is insecure, Burns. Later.

That's an outright lie Achilles! I just checked and your mom is still passed out in my bed.

The deal isnt for you to come back durring the season, its for you to leave forever. If you do not accept my deal, We will all just assume that you are admitting that you cannot even find 3 people to back up your post's, deeming you worthless. So please, just accept the deal or be deemed worthless and incapable of providing anything insightful at all to the forum.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

That was too easy, there is no way I actually just got rid of that lingering problem...
Old 05-19-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Achilles33- first off we can just go here- http://dallascowboys.com/news_archives.cfm -to see all the previous articles, to tell that you are making it up. Second only an idiot would believe that he would blitz every play.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

So Achilles gets more a$$ than Burns yet he lives with his parents?

Are we talking human a$$ (male on male I assume) or farm animal a$$ Achilles?

** could not help myself, sorry **
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can just feel the love in this forum nowadays.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 01:21 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys have so much time to get into cat fights, why don't you make yourselves useful and actually give us a breakdown of how the Charger 3-4 works at each front 7 position. I would like to hear prototypical sizes for each positions along with the primary duties of each. The more breakdown you can do, the better. Don't try to make stuff up either.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Please, don't leave. I need you like Ben Affleck needs acting school!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:20 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've talked recently about the FS being the QB of the defense. That's what Stewart thinks about it, and why he likes what Hamlin can bring to the team

Quote:
"I think Hamlin brings an awful lot to us and the reason why he does is that when you have a young guy (Watkins) who has to tell an All-Pro like Roy Williams, 'Do this,' and, 'Go there,' and, 'Back up,' and, 'I got him,' he may not say anything," Stewart says.

"But when you got a guy (Hamlin), a seasoned (four-year) veteran who has been a starter in this league and has played well, he doesn't mind saying things like, 'You get back. I'm coming down.' That's what Hamlin brings to us – he's a good communicator and also a very good player."
I think Hamlin should be the most important player to watch. If he plays well he will solve a lot of problem, he has a lot of resposability, maybe this - and the fact that his former team didn't resign him for another player - could motivate him to come back to his pre injury form.

In Bob We Trust

Old 05-20-2007, 06:59 AM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Don't worry guys, I am leaving the site, I just want to show you the link were it says Ware is going to pass rush more and basically do what Merriman does:

http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id...50BA6AE982AD70

So actually look before you call me a lier Fryman. Oh and rob, I am 16, of course I live with my parents. Cya, probably around September.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Don't worry guys, I am leaving the site, I just want to show you the link were it says Ware is going to pass rush more and basically do what Merriman does:

http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id...50BA6AE982AD70

So actually look before you call me a lier Fryman. Oh and rob, I am 16, of course I live with my parents. Cya, probably around September.

there is a huge difference between every play and more. Just another case of you blowing what somebody says out of proportion.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If you guys have so much time to get into cat fights, why don't you make yourselves useful and actually give us a breakdown of how the Charger 3-4 works at each front 7 position. I would like to hear prototypical sizes for each positions along with the primary duties of each. The more breakdown you can do, the better. Don't try to make stuff up either.

well to get us started, he is a comparison of the two teams. Credit to Modano for posting it a few pages back.

Here’s San Diego’s starting line for ‘06:

LE — Luis Castillo, 6?3?, 303 lbs.
NT — Jamal Williams, 6?3?, 348 lbs.
RE — Igor Olshansky, 6?6?, 309 lbs.

Compare them to Dallas’ line:

LE — Marcus Spears, 6?4?, 298 lbs.
NT — Jason Ferguson, 6?3?, 310 lbs.
RE — Chris Canty, 6?7?, 300 lbs.

And the linebackers. For San Diego:

LOLB — Shaun Phillips, 6?3?, 262 lbs.
SILB — Randall Godfrey, 6?2?, 245 lbs.
WILB –Donnie Edwards, 6?2?, 227 lbs.
ROLB — Shawne Merriman, 6?4?, 272 lbs.

For Dallas:

LOLB — Greg Ellis, 6?5?, 271 lbs., Anthony Spencer, 6?3?, 266 lbs.
SILB — Bradie James, 6?2?, 250 lbs., Bobby Carpenter, 6?2?, 257 lbs.
WILB — Akin Ayodele, 6?2?, 250 lbs., Kevin Burnett, 6?2?, 235 lbs.
ROLB — Demarcus Ware, 6?4?, 257 lbs.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

This off of wikipedia, just to get everyone back on track with a vague description of what the front 3 should be doing

Comparison to other 3-4 Systems
The modern Phillips 3-4 is largely a one gap 3-4 system, meaning that the defensive linemen are often only responsible for one gap between the offensive linemen [25]. This system generally prefers relatively agile lineman better able to perform aggressive slants, loops and gap charges in order to directly attempt to sack the quarterback and make tackles [26].

Last edited by Burns336 : 05-20-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Starting with the NT position I think it is important to note that Jamal Willams had 69 tackles (3rd on the team) for the chargers and 2 sacks.

Jason Ferguson had 46 tackles and no sacks.

What this shows is that the bigger (40 poundish) Williams, who commanded quite a few double teams, was able to get better penetration shooting 1 gap than Fergy was able to do in our system. The new scheme should allow ferguson to be more agressive at the point of attack. Instead of "holding the line" which i felt like he did most of last year, Fergy will be asked to play in more of an attack mode. Keep in mind that Wades defense is built around taking the inside away, whether it be on passing or running plays, Wade likes to force everything to the outside, so ferguson will obviously be one of the lynch pins in our D this season. For us to be effective in the Phillips 3-4 it starts with Fergy. Bottom line, Ferguson needs to play with more of an attack style to force runs to the outside and hopefully apply pressure to the QB in passing situations. If everyone else does their job correctly, he should have no problem with at least being adequate. I do not expect him to be as dominate as Jamal Williams but I also dont think he needs to be. He just needs to be "good enough"

Next is Luis Castillo, 38 tackles and 7 sacks last season. I got to Watch the guy play frequently and he had a ton of QB pressures to go along with those sacks. Lets not forget his numbers easily could of been higher had it not been for Shaun Phillips and Shawne Merriman combining for 18.5 sacks.

Marcus Spears had 45 tackles and 1 sack. We all know spears hasn't had nearly the impact we all expected from him. He rarely ever got to the QB, but was pretty good in run support.

This scheme should benefit spears in the sense that he should get more QB pressures and sacks, and he'd better hope he does because after this season he is out of excuses. Following the same concept as with Fergy, spears will be in attack mode. With at least 5 men coming on each down (Typically what wade does) Spears shouldnt be facing that much opposition. Once again, he will be attacking 1 gap and has only one job which is to get behind the line of scrimmage and disrupt the offense. Spears will also be asked to do things like slanting to the outside of the tackle, forcing the tackle out, and creating a gap between him and the guard, opening up blitz opportunities for the ILB. To the same tone, spears will also be asked to crash the inside forcing the tackle to at least take a look at him and forcing the gaurd to block him. This is where the speed of Spencer/Ellis coming off the the corner will benefit from Spears taking on 1 gap and commanding attention.

Bottom line, spears will also need to play more agressive, but needs to remember its not a one man show. Im affraid that spears is set on getting as many sacks as he can, but he needs to remember that it is just important to open up holes for the LB's because that is when this defense becomes particularly dangerous.

Chris Canty will be in the postion that Cesaire/Olshansky played last year.

Canty will pretty much be asked to do the same thing as spears. There is no "holding spot" or conservative play in this defense. The front 3 is always attacking, using a combination of aggressive manuevers and crashing gaps on every play.

Canty and Spears should be able to open up alot of holes for the LB's by drawing attention from either the Gaurd or Tackle depending on where they are shooting.

Wade likes to overload sides alot too which should work in the DE's favor. For example, Wade will do something like line the DE and the OLB up over the Gaurd and Tackle, but he will move and ILB over to line up inbetween the DE and OLB. At the snap the DE shoots to the inside, causing the Gaurd to engage with him, at the same time the ILB is sent on a Blitz between the Gaurd and tackle forcing the Tackle to pick him up (if he doesnt, its a free run at the QB), This leaves the outside open for our OLB's who will come off the edge forcing the center to try and swing over to pick him up. Obviously with the potential talent and speed we have at the DE and OLB positions we should be able to take advantage of these situations and collapse the pocket alot quicker than we did last year.

Thats all ive got for now, Im still not as up to speed with the defense's as i should be so i hope others can add on.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Great post!

In Bob We Trust