Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 06-17-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Here we are! This is my video about the Cowboys Offense!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJcKNmrKmE8

I hope you like it ;)
Beautiful...Love it...

FLEA FLICKER!!! WOO!!!

I'm so pumped right now...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gave you, you're second bar...yay! haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-17-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that video was pretty sexy madono

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great vid Modano!

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Gave you, you're second bar...yay! haha.
haha thanks! I've some exams the next weeks and then I'll have more time to do some other videos (of course when I won't be pimping on the beach :P)

Btw, what do you guys usually do before during and after a game?

For me it's a long way before the game. On sundays, after lunch I don't hang out before the games and I can't wait for them. The cowboys play often the late games, so they started at 21 PM here. And that really sucks. I have dinner all by himself, because usually we have dinner at 21.30 PM, I eat something watching the only early game they televise here in Italy. When the game is on sunday night I watch both one of the early and one of the late games. The waiting REALLY sucks.
During the game I wear my Cowboys Jersey but I've to keep my voice low or my mother would start to bother me because she's sleeping :P
When the cowboys lose I'm a little depressed... If the Cowboys lose a monday or sunday night game (which finish at 5 AM here) I can't sleep. After the loss against the Saints I've spent one of the worst night of my life :P

What do you do?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, for me I wake up on Sunday, and get dressed for church. I get done with church at about noon, and then rush home. I usually get home right about when the noon games start. I have 2 TVs with Sunday ticket at my house. One's big, and one's about average. If the Cowboys play at noon, I watch it and nothing else on the big TV. My brother and father watch the other games on the other TV. My Dad is a lifelong Saints fan and my brother is a Colts fan (he actually was a regular poster here for a while with the name RCAChainGang). If they don't I watch all the other games. I eat Nachos and Chili. I wait until the game starts and before and after that I watch all the other NFL games. Usually I watch a quarter of one game, switch, and repeat with another game while checking scores around the NFL. Sometimes if it's a great game, I watch it all. Anyway, once the 'boys game starts, I sit down with my Nachos and Chili wearing my Cowboys jersey. I turn off my cell phone, and I won't answer the house phone. I yell a lot, and I talk to the players, I know, I'm weird. If they win, I'm happy for a good 3 days. If they lose, I can't sleep. I'm also very supersticious. If I start, say, tossing around a football in my hands, and something good happens, I won't stop. Anyway, I can't wait. I'm hungry for my Nachos and Chili.

BoneKrusher
Old 06-17-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Well, for me I wake up on Sunday, and get dressed for church. I get done with church at about noon, and then rush home. I usually get home right about when the noon games start. I have 2 TVs with Sunday ticket at my house. One's big, and one's about average. If the Cowboys play at noon, I watch it and nothing else on the big TV. My brother and father watch the other games on the other TV. My Dad is a lifelong Saints fan and my brother is a Colts fan (he actually was a regular poster here for a while with the name RCAChainGang). If they don't I watch all the other games. I eat Nachos and Chili. I wait until the game starts and before and after that I watch all the other NFL games. Usually I watch a quarter of one game, switch, and repeat with another game while checking scores around the NFL. Sometimes if it's a great game, I watch it all. Anyway, once the 'boys game starts, I sit down with my Nachos and Chili wearing my Cowboys jersey. I turn off my cell phone, and I won't answer the house phone. I yell a lot, and I talk to the players, I know, I'm weird. If they win, I'm happy for a good 3 days. If they lose, I can't sleep. I'm also very supersticious. If I start, say, tossing around a football in my hands, and something good happens, I won't stop. Anyway, I can't wait. I'm hungry for my Nachos and Chili.
Nachos and Chili are very good, I will try too to eat them during a game instead of some pasta. I talk to the players too, but I can't yell :(
You are from Nashville, right? But no one is a Titans fan in yout family? Don't you like them or did you move to Tennessee from another state?

In Bob We Trust

Old 06-17-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I get complaints when Cowboys game are on.... I'm loud... I yell and scream...I talk to the players, I jump around... pace back and fourth...I get crazy. When we lose... it will haunt me for the whole week and basically ruin that week... I'm weird like that.

Also, i cant watch the game with anyone else...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-17-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if anybody else does this. But when I watch the games I cannot answer questons for those people who know nothing about football. Especially girls, always asking for the names of players, and if that was touchdown, and what a holding call is. And worst they always make comments like "There butts look good in those uniforms". I do not need that when I am watching game!
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I don't know if anybody else does this. But when I watch the games I cannot answer questons for those people who know nothing about football. Especially girls, always asking for the names of players, and if that was touchdown, and what a holding call is. And worst they always make comments like "There butts look good in those uniforms". I do not need that when I am watching game!
Oh, i will never watch a cowboy game with a girl friend ever again...big mistake.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-17-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Quote:
Oh, i will never watch a cowboy game with a girl friend ever again...big mistake.
The only girl with whom I've watched a game is my sister, but she has fallen asleep before the first quarter was over...

In Bob We Trust

Old 06-17-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off Excellent video Modano.

I get very excited before the game and it doesnt help that i'm forced to go to church before the game. I usually have to go to a sports bar for the game, but if they play on CBS its almost always televised. I'm not loud and obnoxious at the bar, but at home I can get pretty crazy.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm totally obnoxious...i yell at people... i feel bad after the game but, during... I can be a jerk if we're not doing so hot... I dont know how i would act in a public place... probably low key... but, inside...oh, it would be a boiling.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-17-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some great stuff out there about our new defense.

Quote:
"Now, we're saying we're going to keep everything in front of you. If we want to stop the quick throws we can get into those types of defenses. But our base is to have vision, plant downhill, make clean tackles and make plays on the ball."
Quote:
"We'll be playing a little more of a soft zone and we can get a good read on the quarterback. And then when the play goes away from my side, I turn into the free safety, so I've got to run back. But then you're back there and if we can get the pressure that we think we will this year, that could open it up for us to go get the football."
Quote:
Instead of taking an inside position, where the corners try to flush the receivers to the outside to take away the crossing and slant routes, the Cowboys are turning their cornerbacks to the other side of the receivers.

Now, instead of cutting off the middle, the corners will do more shading on the outside, trying to funnel the receivers towards the inside of the field.

The biggest difference, other than eliminating the receivers from an easy path for a deep route, is that the cornerbacks will not have their backs turned from the quarterback, allowing them to keep their eyes more on the ball.

"What we're trying to do is keep vision on the football," new Cowboys defensive coordinator Brian Stewart said. "If you have vision on the football, you have a chance to make an interception, you have a chance to make a big tackle. When you don't have vision on the football, what you're doing is eliminating some of the quick throws, so they won't nickel and dime you, but you have the opportunity to get beat deep."
This is for BBD...his famous wats the difference.
Quote:
The 3-4 defense, like Baskin-Robbins ice cream, comes in a variety of flavors. The one the Cowboys played under Bill Parcells was sound and generally effective, but it had as much pizazz as chocolate chip. New coach Wade Phillips' 3-4 is more like Love Potion No. 31.

It is a one-gap scheme, which distinguishes it from other 3-4 defenses. Movement, pressure and unpredictability are some of the ingredients. The system also has built-in versatility to accommodate the personnel.

Phillips doesn't force his players to fit his defense; he designs his defense to fit the players and their skills. For example, when Phillips was defensive coordinator in San Diego, Ben Leber was an outside linebacker who covered tight ends and backs and Shawne Merriman was an outside linebacker who rushed the passer.

ADVERTISEMENT
"Everybody thinks it's the X's and O's, but it's the Moes and Joes," says Phillips, who turns 60 next week and has been a 3-4 guru since he joined the Houston Oilers as an assistant coach in 1976.

It wouldn't have mattered if the Cowboys had suited up Moe, Joe, Larry, Curly and Shemp last season. Their 3-4 still would have been long on convention and short on suspense. Don't get the wrong idea; Parcells was a master coach whose defense was good enough to take four different teams to the playoffs and win two Super Bowls. But by the end of last season, opponents had started to figure out the Cowboys.

Even the Dallas players had to stifle some yawns. But the first time Phillips showed them tape of the 3-4 defense he ran in San Diego, they salivated, imagining what it might produce in Big D in 2007. "It's like we have more tools in the toolbox," says inside linebacker Bradie James.

A look at how the Cowboys' old 3-4 compares with their new one:

LINEMEN

Bill's way: Think of Woody Allen and his fellow escaped convicts shackled together in Take the Money and Run. OK, that might be a stretch. But Parcells' read-and-react, two-gap system -- in which each lineman lined head-up on an offensive lineman, feet parallel, and stepped right or left depending on which gap he had to fill -- stifled the ability to pressure the quarterback.

Wade's world: They'll play a one-gap scheme in a staggered stance and "shade" the man across from them. For example, instead of lining up directly in front of the center, nose tackle Jason Ferguson might be on one of his shoulders. This will allow the linemen to shoot gaps, which puts them in better position to rush the passer and make more tackles in the backfield.

X-factor: Ferguson. After having only one sack in the last two seasons in Dallas, he's looking to bring back some of the pass-rush moves he used with the Jets.

LINEBACKERS

Bill's way: The two outside men provided most of the pass-rushing pressure. DeMarcus Ware had 11 1/2 sacks, but he became a marked man after Greg Ellis suffered a torn Achilles' tendon November 12. Inside 'backers James and Akin Ayodele regularly had to try to maneuver around, or go through, guards who were 330-pound roadblocks.

Wade's world: The outside 'backers play a lot wider than in most 3-4s. If the offense slides its protection to one side, the outside 'backer on the other side might have to be picked up by a back -- a favorable mismatch for Dallas. James and Ayodele still will tend to the run, but they will rush more often.

X-factor: Anthony Spencer. The Cowboys drafted him in the first round because they think he can switch from college down lineman to outside linebacker. If he can make the transition and Ellis makes a healthy return, Dallas will have a solid pass-rushing rotation on the outside.

DEFENSIVE BACKS

Bill's way: The lack of a pass rush up front put more pressure on these guys. Cornerbacks Terence Newman and Anthony Henry played a lot of press coverage and the safeties split the deep half of the field.

Wade's world: Don't expect to see much cover 2. Strong safety Roy Williams had five picks in '06, but shadowing receivers isn't his forte. He'll line up closer to the line more often and sometimes will be like another linebacker. Phillips still must determine how much zone the corners will play.

X-factor: Free safety Ken Hamlin. In Seattle, he sometimes jumped shallow crossing routes and got beat from behind. But Phillips likes Hamlin's range and thinks he'll be a good center fielder and quarterback in the secondary.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Intensity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intensity View Post
I'm moving to the Houston Area this summer, and i was wondering how many games they will show there too. I hope all of them. I have dish network. Any houston area fans know the answer to how many dallas games are televised?

Any houston people know if all the cowboys games get televised in houston?
Old 06-17-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intensity View Post
Any houston people know if all the cowboys games get televised in houston?
If it's anything like Central Texas, the Houston games come on CBS and Dallas on Fox.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh im usually watching the cowboys games since chargers dont come on a lot since from texas n whatnot im usually quiet i do get pissed when the boys do something very stupid

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Nachos and Chili are very good, I will try too to eat them during a game instead of some pasta. I talk to the players too, but I can't yell :(
You are from Nashville, right? But no one is a Titans fan in yout family? Don't you like them or did you move to Tennessee from another state?
Well, I was born in Texas, and I've been a Cowboys fan since I was a small child. My Dad has always loved the Saints, because he grew up in Louisiana. My brother was a Titans fan, and then one year, the Titans got knocked out of the playoffs or something like that, so he watched the Colts and fell in love. My mom and 11-year-old brother like the Titans, though, but they don't follow football very closely.

BoneKrusher
Old 06-18-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
OK, I like Jackie Battle. However, do we like him or Tyson Thompson more? What do you guys think?
I'll be real disappointed if Tyson doesnt make this team... He has exceptional speed and great size...I'm hoping big Wade will actually get him some carries during the year...

I could see us keeping both Tyson and Battle. Jackie's bigger than Deon Anderson... so he does have some FB potential as well... He should be tried out on both sides of the special teams...I think we'll find a place for him. He may turn out ot be a great gunner, who knows at this point.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-18-2007 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I'll be real disappointed if Tyson doesnt make this team... He has exceptional speed and great size...I'm hoping big Wade will actually get him some carries during the year...

I could see us keeping both Tyson and Battle. Jackie's bigger than Deon Anderson... so he does have some FB potential as well... He should be tried out on both sides of the special teams...I think we'll find a place for him. He may turn out ot be a great gunner, who knows at this point.
yeah I hope they both can stick with the team somehow, but if I had to pick one it would be Thompson
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
yeah I hope they both can stick with the team somehow, but if I had to pick one it would be Thompson
I agree. 100%

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-08-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

The offseason is boring..I've made another highlight video.. this time it's about Ware ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh5fSWBcx7o

In Bob We Trust

Old 07-08-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
The offseason is boring..I've made another highlight video.. this time it's about Ware ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh5fSWBcx7o
Very nice...great song choice also.

My favs, his two tds of course and when he hawked down Justin Griffith. These videos always get me pumped...very nice work, once again.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-08-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Quote:
Very nice...great song choice also.

My favs, his two tds of course and when he hawked down Justin Griffith. These videos always get me pumped...very nice work, once again.
Thanks! Any idea for a new video?

In Bob We Trust

Old 07-08-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought that video was the best one I've seen for Ware. Excellent Job.

+Rep for You.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote