Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-09-2007, 03:30 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
I thought that video was the best one I've seen for Ware. Excellent Job.

+Rep for You.
Thanks man. More video are coming now that I've finished my exams ;)

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:15 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beautiful Modano! Loved it!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once agian great gob Modano. I forgot how nasty that stiff arm to Vick was.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Great stuff Modano.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

sick video modano
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:21 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was inspired, and tonight I've made another video. This time about... you'll find out ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6fDe0YEaFA

In Bob We Trust

Old 07-10-2007, 07:45 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I was inspired, and tonight I've made another video. This time about... you'll find out ;)

Another good one...you continue to outdo yourself!!!

Maybe there's a Tnew compilation in your future.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

this was great, he's probably my favorite cowboy right now...really really underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My Sig appreciates this video. Barber will truck your soul.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ur vids are awesome

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Another good one...you continue to outdo yourself!!!

Maybe there's a Tnew compilation in your future.
I think it will be about all the defense... But it will take a long time, finally I've started my holidays, so I don't think I will be much at home for the next weeks...

In Bob We Trust

Old 07-10-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

I see that some of you don't like only the video but the player too. Barber is one of my favorite player too. So which are your thoughts about our RB duo? Are you pro-Jones or pro-Barber? Do you think we have to use Barber more or that he's better suited for the role he played last year?
In many Cowboys blog, the "party" pro-Julius believes that Barber was better than Julius because he played against wore-down defenses.
I don't like this argument, because the OL too is wore-down in the fourth quarter... I think that Barber has an energy that Julius will never have. He fights for every single yard and he punishes defenses. He doesn't have the break-away speed to score everytime he touches the ball, but he's a way more aggresive player.
I think that Barber is the more important of the two, Julius is for me very replaceable. Someone like Antonio Pittman, imo, could have the same production of Jones. Next year is the last year of Julius' contract, right now I think we shouldn't resign him, because we can easily find his replacement through the draft, or sign Turner via FA.
Maybe next year he will have his best season and shut me up, but right now I think Julius isn't something special, and that we have to sign long-term Barber, not him.

In Bob We Trust

Old 07-10-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
I see that some of you don't like only the video but the player too. Barber is one of my favorite player too. So which are your thoughts about our RB duo? Are you pro-Jones or pro-Barber? Do you think we have to use Barber more or that he's better suited for the role he played last year?
In many Cowboys blog, the "party" pro-Julius believes that Barber was better than Julius because he played against wore-down defenses.
I don't like this argument, because the OL too is wore-down in the fourth quarter... I think that Barber has an energy that Julius will never have. He fights for every single yard and he punishes defenses. He doesn't have the break-away speed to score everytime he touches the ball, but he's a way more aggresive player.
I think that Barber is the more important of the two, Julius is for me very replaceable. Someone like Antonio Pittman, imo, could have the same production of Jones. Next year is the last year of Julius' contract, right now I think we shouldn't resign him, because we can easily find his replacement through the draft, or sign Turner via FA.
Maybe next year he will have his best season and shut me up, but right now I think Julius isn't something special, and that we have to sign long-term Barber, not him.

I think they played fairly well together last year. This year Jones better run with a hell of alot more intensity if he wants to have a big payday this offseason or if he hopes to continue to be a starter for that matter. I have come to the conclusion that unless Julius can put together a full season that is like those 6 or 7 games as a rookie, Jerry wont be able to hold himself from making a move towards McFadden.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out and interesting to see what next years draft class shapes up to be. Alot could change between now and the end of the season, but if everything holds true to form, Barber should take over as the "primary" even though I believe we stick to the 2 back system all year.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You've got talent son. Brilliant job!
Old 07-11-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree. I think Jones is very replacable, and Barber is the better of the two. I think Barber deserves more carries, maybe split them half and half. Right now, Barber doesn't get nearly as much as Jones, which is a shame.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:34 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree as well, Barber should see more carries, and i think our offense should benefit more from him seeing the ball early on in games, and even starting some games...i still just cannot erase some of the games JJ had, like the streak where he tore off a 180 game, then backdoored with a 150 or something, so he has plenty of potential, just think he's alot easier to replace...

and if we keep barber, i dont think mcfadden is necessary to trade up for, say someone like jamaal charles declares, he would fit perfect with barber and wont be a top 10 pick, fact being its alot easier to find a leon washington type back deep in the draft, then a back who does what barber does for us, which is everything really well...he has excellent vision, hard runner, great redzone back, blocks well, catches, he does it all, and i think jones would be better suited spelling him with speed when the defense is wore down...he would be able to find the seams and take it to the distance, but we'll see how it goes...

fact is i love our 2 back system, and wouldnt mind seeing both come back next year as long as barber sees an increased role

Quote:
Old 07-11-2007, 03:30 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also think JJ is replaceable. I like Barber more, and after watching your vid, I forgot why JJ is starting!

JJ is good in my opinion, but I would agree with everyone else that his caliber of running back is not as hard to find as many other positions.

I know I am jumping the gun bigtime, but all signs to me say JJ stays this year, and we have RunDMC next year. JJ is probably gone after this year.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:52 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Love the video, but it didn't really show the part of MB3's game that really makes him stand out.... Blocking. He's a beast in blocking.

I don't think it's fair to be knocking on Julius. Part of the reason why Marion can go so hard is because he comes in with fresh legs. I'd be cautious of overusing him. His role is perfect.

I have a hunch that as soon as Julius shows some exciting flash next year, some of you will be saying how great he is... how you thought he was great all along... Hope you guys knocking him now stick to your opinions.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:58 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK, that sounds fair...

My opinion at this time (I will go on record) is JJ is good. There is no reason he cant play for a long time.

But he is replaceable. IMO, running backs are easier to find than lots of other positions. He will not be worth what he asks for, money wise, next year.

And RunDMC would be an upgrade. McFadden sure seems like a great fit to me.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:42 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
and if we keep barber, i dont think mcfadden is necessary to trade up for, say someone like jamaal charles declares, he would fit perfect with barber and wont be a top 10 pick, fact being its alot easier to find a leon washington type back deep in the draft, then a back who does what barber does for us, which is everything really well...he has excellent vision, hard runner, great redzone back, blocks well, catches, he does it all, and i think jones would be better suited spelling him with speed when the defense is wore down...he would be able to find the seams and take it to the distance, but we'll see how it goes...
I agree on Charles. Imo he will have a big season next year and he will be at least a second round pick. If some of the Juniors declare next year, it will be a sick class of RB and we can find a very good one in the first day.

D-Unit, I agree that Marion on himself can't be the anwer, but I'm almost sold on Julius. I fell in love with him his rookie season, and I even buyed his action figure! But seeing him running the last two seasons was frustrating. He made some big plays, but he always went down too easy on first contact.
I hope he will prove me wrong, but right now I think we can find very easily another back like him.

In Bob We Trust

Old 07-11-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree on Charles. Imo he will have a big season next year and he will be at least a second round pick. If some of the Juniors declare next year, it will be a sick class of RB and we can find a very good one in the first day.

D-Unit, I agree that Marion on himself can't be the anwer, but I'm almost sold on Julius. I fell in love with him his rookie season, and I even buyed his action figure! But seeing him running the last two seasons was frustrating. He made some big plays, but he always went down too easy on first contact.
I hope he will prove me wrong, but right now I think we can find very easily another back like him.
My whole thing is that I dont know which running back im getting? An average at best, down after first contact runner? Or the guy who slices through holes on his way to 150 yards and 3 TD's? Until he can show that he can be consistant, I am forced to label him as a flash in a pan or someone who never lived up to their potential. I sure do hope he gets back to where he was though, those were some of the funnest games to watch and it brought hope to the organization that we may have found our next great back. That said, he needs to go huge this year.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally I think that JJ is underrated and MBIII is a bit overrated. By that I mean that MBIII is very good but I think too many people think he's ready for 20-25 carries a game but fail to recognize that he's never done that at the collegiate or pro level.

JJ creates problems for defenses because of his speed and quickness. He has the ability to break off big runs that makes defenses alter their schemes compared to MBIII.

I do think that MBIII is a very good RB, but I think alot of the criticism of JJ is exaggerated while MBIII's results have been exaggerated also.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

ill be the first to admit, i know what JJ is capable of...so D-unit i wont go as far as to say he's trash, or a nobody...because i remember those huge games he had, and thats when he was getting majority of the carries...

yet i still would have to see it happen a little more often to annoint him anything...he's good for a few 100 yd games in a year, but he's still not a great redzone runner/finisher....where as the great backs wear down the D all the way down, then finish it off in the redzone, but thats not needed since we have a back for that...

but i need to see more explosive games from JJ on a consistent basis for me to want to keep him around...not having to get the tough red zone carries, and splitting carries with MBIII should enable him to be just as fresh, and hit the 100 mark plateu alot more...so his legs should be just as fresh as barbers, JJ has carried the ball 25 plus times before and done well, so with 17 or so i dont see any reason he shouldnt be alot more fresh and faster thru the holes...but ill still stick 2 my point, i think he's easier to replace then barber as far as what they both do for us

Quote:
Old 07-12-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
Personally I think that JJ is underrated and MBIII is a bit overrated. By that I mean that MBIII is very good but I think too many people think he's ready for 20-25 carries a game but fail to recognize that he's never done that at the collegiate or pro level.

JJ creates problems for defenses because of his speed and quickness. He has the ability to break off big runs that makes defenses alter their schemes compared to MBIII.

I do think that MBIII is a very good RB, but I think alot of the criticism of JJ is exaggerated while MBIII's results have been exaggerated also.
I agree completely, as I have mentioned before.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So Modano... are your videos screen captures from your television? If so, is it a widescreen/high def tv?