Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-09-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is the game tonight supposed to be broadcast anywhere?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
Is the game tonight supposed to be broadcast anywhere?
On most FOX affiliates.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Really? Awesome!
Old 08-11-2007, 03:39 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This video is money!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knyMRGVSsE4

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
In my Sig now!!!! HAHAHAHA! That was great!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Magnificent

But really odd.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/local_story_225085016.html

Quote:
Cowboys linebacker Greg Ellis is no longer worried about losing his job to a rookie or about wanting a new contract. His new concern is whether he may be forced to retire because of an injury
sucks to see player like him have to do this cause of his injuries

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Hilliard formerly of the New York Giants and New England Patriots, has agreed to a one-year deal with the Cowboys.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:39 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Gerard Warren and his 6-4, 325 pound frame is on the trade block. I want him in a rotation with Fergy. He's just 29. Too bad Greg Ellis is injured... that bastard. LOL.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Gerard Warren and his 6-4, 325 pound frame is on the trade block. I want him in a rotation with Fergy. He's just 29. Too bad Greg Ellis is injured... that bastard. LOL.
Hasn't Warren always been a notorious underachiever/bust?
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
Hasn't Warren always been a notorious underachiever/bust?
Yes he has been.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Yes he has been.
A bust compared to his lofty draft pick status. However, he's been a very serviceable NFL player. Need I remind anyone of our depth and inexperience along the entire DL? Our DL flat out sucks!
Old 08-14-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Warren could make a great NT. He is powerful and is hard to move.

Question is whether Warren will "want" to play NT.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Who else agrees with me that our DL is our weakest unit on the team?

I find it astounding since I've been bashing our OL the past few years. Boy we've come a long ways... I'm still EXCITED about what Leonard Davis will bring to the table this year. MARCO COLUMBO NO MORE!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!

Although I'm not Kosier's biggest supporter, and I wish Columbo would improve in the run game, those are minor concerns compared to our issues on the DL. The DL has huge question marks heading into the season. Spears and Canty are really going to have to step it up this year. Ferg is old. We're going to have to do something there if things stay status quo. I want to see more of Hatcher too. Youth is no excuse anymore.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with you, D-Unit on the Dline. I'm tired of the excuses; the resources have been put in place. Now it's up to the players to produce.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no way that this statement:

Quote:
Need I remind anyone of our depth and inexperience along the entire DL? Our DL flat out sucks!
Could possibly be true, unless you are declaring both Canty and Spears complete and utter busts. Our DE rotation is loaded with talent, the only question is going to be whether they can turn that talent into production. Spears is coming to the end of the grace-period. If he doesn't turn into a good-to-very-good DE this year, he is gone. Canty might have a little more leeway, but he needs to turn it up, too. Ratliff is a dynamo, and Hatcher, at least imo, has star potential. That is loaded, my friend. Add to that a 10 year vet like Fergy who is still near the top of his game, and you have a very solid line. I like it.

Personally, I think RB/FB/H-Back and Safety are our two weakest spots. D-Line is right up there. Now, if those guys go bust, then we could be singing a different tune come this time next year, or even midseason this year. But you could say the same thing about LB (with Spencer, Carp and Burnett all unproven and expected to contribute this year) or WR (where we don't know what to expect from players who should be on the decline, and unproven youngsters behind them) or QB where Romo has only played significant time in 11 games, with a washed up has-been behind him....

No, I think DLine is a relative strong point for our team. It contains the biggest problem area on the team (backup NT), but when that's your biggest problem area, you should be pretty satisfied with where you're at. I think it's very good, but not quite as good as our TE, WR, and LB spots, which imo are the best on the team.
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
There is no way that this statement:

Could possibly be true, unless you are declaring both Canty and Spears complete and utter busts. Our DE rotation is loaded with talent, the only question is going to be whether they can turn that talent into production. Spears is coming to the end of the grace-period. If he doesn't turn into a good-to-very-good DE this year, he is gone. Canty might have a little more leeway, but he needs to turn it up, too. Ratliff is a dynamo, and Hatcher, at least imo, has star potential. That is loaded, my friend. Add to that a 10 year vet like Fergy who is still near the top of his game, and you have a very solid line. I like it.

Personally, I think RB/FB/H-Back and Safety are our two weakest spots. D-Line is right up there. Now, if those guys go bust, then we could be singing a different tune come this time next year, or even midseason this year. But you could say the same thing about LB (with Spencer, Carp and Burnett all unproven and expected to contribute this year) or WR (where we don't know what to expect from players who should be on the decline, and unproven youngsters behind them) or QB where Romo has only played significant time in 11 games, with a washed up has-been behind him....

No, I think DLine is a relative strong point for our team. It contains the biggest problem area on the team (backup NT), but when that's your biggest problem area, you should be pretty satisfied with where you're at. I think it's very good, but not quite as good as our TE, WR, and LB spots, which imo are the best on the team.
Well, your comparison between our DL and LBs that I don't like, is that Spears and Canty have had 2 years in the system as starters already. Carp and Burnett are back ups or situational players and provide solid depth. Spencer hasn't even had a chance to show us what he's got. In order for our Defense to have any significant impact this year, those guys on the DL need to step it up big time. I do like Ratliff coming off the bench. I think he's turned out to be a very serviceable player and a heck of a 6th round pick.

Unless Spears and Canty show dramatic improvement, that unit will be an area of concern. I'm definitely hoping that they come on strong. Right now, if I were to rank our 3-4 DL to others in the NFL, it'd go something like this:

Patriots
Ravens
Chargers
Steelers
Jets
Cowboys
49ers
Browns

So yeah, ours sucks.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Need I remind anyone of our depth and inexperience along the entire DL? Our DL flat out sucks!
God forbid we see how it plays out in the regular season. Can I get a SB winner now too? I could use some more money.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
God forbid we see how it plays out in the regular season. Can I get a SB winner now too? I could use some more money.
SB Winner? New England Patriots
Old 08-15-2007, 03:52 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Unless Spears and Canty show dramatic improvement, that unit will be an area of concern. I'm definitely hoping that they come on strong. Right now, if I were to rank our 3-4 DL to others in the NFL, it'd go something like this:

Patriots
Ravens
Chargers
Steelers
Jets
Cowboys
49ers
Browns

So yeah, ours sucks.
The Jets' DL better than the Cowboys' DL? Definitely not imo.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
The Jets' DL better than the Cowboys' DL? Definitely not imo.
Not only are they better, they're deeper.

RDE Shaun Ellis, Bobby Hamilton, Michael Haynes, Darrell Adams
NT Dewayne Robertson, CJ Mosley, Sione Pouha, Zarnell Fitch
LDE Kimo Von Oelhoffen, Erik Hicks, Kenyon Coleman, Mike DeVito
Old 08-15-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not only are they better, they're deeper.

RDE Shaun Ellis, Bobby Hamilton, Michael Haynes, Darrell Adams
NT Dewayne Robertson, CJ Mosley, Sione Pouha, Zarnell Fitch
LDE Kimo Von Oelhoffen, Erik Hicks, Kenyon Coleman, Mike DeVito
If the Jets DL is that good, they won't spent so much on Kenyon Coleman. I am not sure, you may forget Jason Hatcher, I believe he will push to become a starter over Spear.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc View Post
If the Jets DL is that good, they won't spent so much on Kenyon Coleman. I am not sure, you may forget Jason Hatcher, I believe he will push to become a starter over Spear.
It's hard to bench a player making that much money....He may split time...however he won't be permanently replaced on the field if he plays average or above.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
It's hard to bench a player making that much money....He may split time...however he won't be permanently replaced on the field if he plays average or above.
If the money talk, he should be a starter. One thing brother me now is no news on NT (back-up). Most of areas are covering by the media except NT.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc View Post
Hatcher hasn't proved or done anything and the only reports I hear on him are negative. Excuse me if I'm not ready to declare him better than Shaun Ellis or Kimo VO. There's a lot of proving this season for our DEs. There is potential, but potential doesn't do anything if it isn't realized.