Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,376
Reputation: 83
robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I really don't understand how you got the "Elam can cover and coul be better than Roy Wiliams" thing. First Elam can't sniff Roy's jock in the run support. Second, Elam was late in almost every pass play during the first two games of this preseason (the only two I saw), playing against backup QB's and backup WR's.

Well, first of all, Elam is much closer to the Receiver than Roy. Roy is usually two to three steps behind most guys he covers. Elam is faster (yes) and lighter which helps. But, yes, he is not as good in run support though Roy is not as great as every one says. Evidence Ahman Green running through him.

Roy just makes a few "jacked up" hits per season and then plays like dog pooh the rest of the season. Like all the posters lauding Bradie James play versus Houston b/c he got some hits --- forgetting the plays he is late on, the fact he can't cover and etc.....

Old saying in golf -- "you drive for show and putt for dough." Bradie and Roy are the former.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sardinia - Italy
Posts: 1,877
Reputation: 27913
Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Well, first of all, Elam is much closer to the Receiver than Roy. Roy is usually two to three steps behind most guys he covers. Elam is faster (yes) and lighter which helps. But, yes, he is not as good in run support though Roy is not as great as every one says. Evidence Ahman Green running through him.

Roy just makes a few "jacked up" hits per season and then plays like dog pooh the rest of the season. Like all the posters lauding Bradie James play versus Houston b/c he got some hits --- forgetting the plays he is late on, the fact he can't cover and etc.....

Old saying in golf -- "you drive for show and putt for dough." Bradie and Roy are the former.
Evidence what? One play? C'mon dude, I know you're pretty harsh on Roy, but it's not very often that you can see him missing a guy. Yes, he miss some tackles, but that's what almost every safety does. Still he comes with key tackles for loss and it's almost like an extra LB stuffing the run. Roy is usually the man that makes the tackle when they try to run on 3rd and 4th and show, and even if you dislike him, you still have to admit this is true.

And by the way, often you haven't facts to backup your arguments. James was late in one play during the Houston game, and that play was the big run by Green, but the guy who made the mistake was Spencer. He played pretty well during this PS.
I still think your Elam argument is BS. First Roy isn't "usually 2-3 steps late", second what the hell did Elam good this preason or last year other than special teams play? He doesn't make play in coverage as you say, he does basically nothing in coverage. Can you tell me a play he made in pass coverage? I doubt it, because he did not do a single play in pass coverage. He played a very short amount of time because Davis was taking the snaps at SS in place of Roy, but still you think he can be better than Roy...

It's the same story with you. You dislike a player and you like another, and you root for him to take his spot, even if he hasn't done nothing. There isn't really even ONE reason to think Elam can be better than Roy or even that he can be an average starter in this league.
I remember last year a similar scenario involving Austin. You were ready to start him ahead of TO!!! And your argument was "he's big, fast, good hands and if Marques Colston was able to play good, why Austin can't?". Or something like that.
Austin has zero catches in the league, and when Glenn got hurt it was Hurd that replaced him, not Austin. But still you were so sure that he could have replaced TO.
__________________


In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,376
Reputation: 83
robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Evidence what? One play? C'mon dude, I know you're pretty harsh on Roy, but it's not very often that you can see him missing a guy. Yes, he miss some tackles, but that's what almost every safety does. Still he comes with key tackles for loss and it's almost like an extra LB stuffing the run. Roy is usually the man that makes the tackle when they try to run on 3rd and 4th and show, and even if you dislike him, you still have to admit this is true.

And by the way, often you haven't facts to backup your arguments. James was late in one play during the Houston game, and that play was the big run by Green, but the guy who made the mistake was Spencer. He played pretty well during this PS.
I still think your Elam argument is BS. First Roy isn't "usually 2-3 steps late", second what the hell did Elam good this preason or last year other than special teams play? He doesn't make play in coverage as you say, he does basically nothing in coverage. Can you tell me a play he made in pass coverage? I doubt it, because he did not do a single play in pass coverage. He played a very short amount of time because Davis was taking the snaps at SS in place of Roy, but still you think he can be better than Roy...

It's the same story with you. You dislike a player and you like another, and you root for him to take his spot, even if he hasn't done nothing. There isn't really even ONE reason to think Elam can be better than Roy or even that he can be an average starter in this league.
I remember last year a similar scenario involving Austin. You were ready to start him ahead of TO!!! And your argument was "he's big, fast, good hands and if Marques Colston was able to play good, why Austin can't?". Or something like that.
Austin has zero catches in the league, and when Glenn got hurt it was Hurd that replaced him, not Austin. But still you were so sure that he could have replaced TO.
Modano, calm down first of all.

1. I never had Austin starting ahead of Owens. Please prove it. You just amde that up

2. I say (and continue to say) Austin can be a #1. He is not a possession type guy like Hurd or Crayton. He is a #1 if he can ever get over the hump.

3. If you don't think Roy misses alot of tackles trying to get "jacked up" highlight hits you are not watching the game. How many times last year did he knock silly one of our DBs after the tackle was made b/c he was late. I remember Henry getting injured on one play. I guess until I Youtube each blown play and save it for psoterity you won't listen..... lemme be clear....

.....ROY WILLIAMS PRINCIPALLY SUCKS BECAUSE HE CAN'T COVER and takes bad angles on many plays, run and pass. He is a below average NFL SS.

4. Elam is Elam. Until Roy gets injured or cut we won't know. And there is no way Roy Williams will be cut by Daddy Jerry Jones. Jerry is still watching the OK v Texas tapes. Hell Daddy Jerry kept two 7th round corners from this draft. Go figure how much he loves his draft picks.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 750
Reputation: 59
BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

I thought I should mention that our week six matchup against the Patriots just got a little easier..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Quote:
In addition, the team placed defensive lineman Richard Seymour on the reserve/physically unable to perform list.
__________________
BX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,376
Reputation: 83
robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

I just want to point out something I have been ripped for saying ..

Courtesy ESPN via the Dallas News from a Pro Scout >>>>> Tony Romo is the weakness. I'm not sure he’s the answer. He played well when he replaced Drew Bledsoe because teams didn't know how to defend against him and because he was making simple throws. But during the last four to five weeks of the season, he couldn’t make the plays his team needed him to make. He looked like Rex Grossman, throwing off his back foot. They do have some weapons for him, and they've got a good defense, so his mistakes won't be magnified until the playoffs.

Now, I like Romo but he does throw off his back foot too much and the comparison to a mistake prone Grossman is not that crazy.

The fumbles and INTs need to improve. INT with better footwork and Fumbles by holding the ball with two hands higher in his body.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 497
Reputation: 114
fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
I just want to point out something I have been ripped for saying ..

Courtesy ESPN via the Dallas News from a Pro Scout >>>>> Tony Romo is the weakness. I'm not sure he’s the answer. He played well when he replaced Drew Bledsoe because teams didn't know how to defend against him and because he was making simple throws. But during the last four to five weeks of the season, he couldn’t make the plays his team needed him to make. He looked like Rex Grossman, throwing off his back foot. They do have some weapons for him, and they've got a good defense, so his mistakes won't be magnified until the playoffs.

Now, I like Romo but he does throw off his back foot too much and the comparison to a mistake prone Grossman is not that crazy.

The fumbles and INTs need to improve. INT with better footwork and Fumbles by holding the ball with two hands higher in his body.
You are right that he occasionally throws off his back foot, but every time I have seen him do it he cant step into his throw due to defenders. It is either try to make a play or most likely take a sack. That is where he just needs the experience to learn better decision making. Both Romo and Grossman have the Brett Favre gunslinger mentality, which leads to high interceptions even for Favre. That is the only problem I have with Romo right now. As long as the D can perform like they should Romo needs to just be a game manager. He needs to just take what he is given and try to keep the D off the field as long as possible.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 58,749
Reputation: 2175418
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
I just want to point out something I have been ripped for saying ..

Courtesy ESPN via the Dallas News from a Pro Scout >>>>> Tony Romo is the weakness. I'm not sure he’s the answer. He played well when he replaced Drew Bledsoe because teams didn't know how to defend against him and because he was making simple throws. But during the last four to five weeks of the season, he couldn’t make the plays his team needed him to make. He looked like Rex Grossman, throwing off his back foot. They do have some weapons for him, and they've got a good defense, so his mistakes won't be magnified until the playoffs.

Now, I like Romo but he does throw off his back foot too much and the comparison to a mistake prone Grossman is not that crazy.

The fumbles and INTs need to improve. INT with better footwork and Fumbles by holding the ball with two hands higher in his body.
I get the feeling that the only reason you are here is to try to sound right and get attention and credit for yourself.

OK, so some scout is saying Romo may not be the long term answer, that he's a close comparison to Rex Grossman and that in the playoffs, he will falter. Is that what you are saying?

Where is the link for this pro scout's analysis? I have a feeling that it's an old clip and that you got your opinion from it, that you've been saving it and only now are busting it out for some reason trying to say it was your opinion all along. I wanna see the date on that source.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 497
Reputation: 114
fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I get the feeling that the only reason you are here is to try to sound right and get attention and credit for yourself.

OK, so some scout is saying Romo may not be the long term answer, that he's a close comparison to Rex Grossman and that in the playoffs, he will falter. Is that what you are saying?

Where is the link for this pro scout's analysis? I have a feeling that it's an old clip and that you got your opinion from it, that you've been saving it and only now are busting it out for some reason trying to say it was your opinion all along. I wanna see the date on that source.
there isn't a date on it, but I am guessing it is from the last few days because people are just starting to talk about it. It is in the Cowboys 07 preview on ESPN.com.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 58,749
Reputation: 2175418
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
there isn't a date on it, but I am guessing it is from the last few days because people are just starting to talk about it. It is in the Cowboys 07 preview on ESPN.com.
I don't think anyone should be confusing Romo with Peyton Manning, but the fact that he's the best thing we've had since Aikman, makes many Cowboys fans happy. ...and that is not a crime. Could we have better? Yes. Is he perfect? No. Should we have drafted Quinn? No. We will LOVE our Brown's pick next year.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,758
Reputation: 1970779
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
I just want to point out something I have been ripped for saying ..

Courtesy ESPN via the Dallas News from a Pro Scout >>>>> Tony Romo is the weakness. I'm not sure he’s the answer. He played well when he replaced Drew Bledsoe because teams didn't know how to defend against him and because he was making simple throws. But during the last four to five weeks of the season, he couldn’t make the plays his team needed him to make. He looked like Rex Grossman, throwing off his back foot. They do have some weapons for him, and they've got a good defense, so his mistakes won't be magnified until the playoffs.

Now, I like Romo but he does throw off his back foot too much and the comparison to a mistake prone Grossman is not that crazy.

The fumbles and INTs need to improve. INT with better footwork and Fumbles by holding the ball with two hands higher in his body.

So whats your point? that he throws off his back foot sometimes? He hasnt even started one full season yet, he isnt perfect at everything he is doing yet...He is very talented, will be a better qb then quinn, and he already is better right now, which was our best option with all the veterans we have on our team...

Im not sure if you wanted everyone to pat you on your back for posting this or not, but we have a very good qb in Romo, but he's far from having games like Rex had last yr and thats a horrible comparison in any sense
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,376
Reputation: 83
robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I get the feeling that the only reason you are here is to try to sound right and get attention and credit for yourself.

OK, so some scout is saying Romo may not be the long term answer, that he's a close comparison to Rex Grossman and that in the playoffs, he will falter. Is that what you are saying?

Where is the link for this pro scout's analysis? I have a feeling that it's an old clip and that you got your opinion from it, that you've been saving it and only now are busting it out for some reason trying to say it was your opinion all along. I wanna see the date on that source.
My point D-Unit, is I do make points that are valid IF unpopular. But there are some many homers here who can't discuss it. It was like I just called their girlfriends ugly. They just throw hissy fits and barge off with silliness.

Date and source was PFW then in EPSN then the DMN .... go read it yourself.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,376
Reputation: 83
robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't think anyone should be confusing Romo with Peyton Manning, but the fact that he's the best thing we've had since Aikman, makes many Cowboys fans happy. ...and that is not a crime. Could we have better? Yes. Is he perfect? No. Should we have drafted Quinn? No. We will LOVE our Brown's pick next year.
I did not like Quinn so great trade. So would I rather have next years 1 ... sure.

With respect to Tony, he needs to improve his footwork and technique. If not, he will continue to be a mistake prone QB .... like Bledsoe.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,376
Reputation: 83
robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Im not sure if you wanted everyone to pat you on your back for posting this or not, but we have a very good qb in Romo, but he's far from having games like Rex had last yr and thats a horrible comparison in any sense
Whatever, comparison is valid. Unless Romo cuts down his mistakes he is on the path to Grossmanville.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 58,749
Reputation: 2175418
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Romo is by far a polished and settled product. This year will be very telling what his capabilities are. He could easily be the next Jake Delhomme. But we can still win.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,376
Reputation: 83
robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Romo is by far a polished and settled product. This year will be very telling what his capabilities are. He could easily be the next Jake Delhomme. But we can still win.
Hard to win a Super Bowl IN SPITE of your QB. Just hard, not impossible.

I only hope Tony realizes all the "postive" stuff he hears everyday is not reality once you start to compete.

The fact his mechanics and pocket presence has seemingly not improved since last season says something to me which is bothersome.

So we can spin all we want but if he looks All Pro one game (which he can) and throws 4 INT and fumbles twice the next ..... that is a .500 team at best..
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,376
Reputation: 83
robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

AHEM, I would also like to point out Sidney Rice looked very good. He did those very things I know we need -- make tough catches in the end zone.

He almost looked as good as Miles Austin.

Bye Mr Urban. Glad not to see you fielding ANOTHER PUNT inside the 5.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 11,946
Reputation: 217884
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Saldi was a joke. I watched him on multiple occasions try to get around the corner...lean to far and simple fall down at the feet of the tackle...I also saw him get blown off the line every time a guard made contact with him...he was the worst player on the field...that was saying something on thursday. His sack was a miscommunication on the offensive line. I can't believe you picked him out.
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,376
Reputation: 83
robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Saldi was a joke. I watched him on multiple occasions try to get around the corner...lean to far and simple fall down at the feet of the tackle...I also saw him get blown off the line every time a guard made contact with him...he was the worst player on the field...that was saying something on thursday. His sack was a miscommunication on the offensive line. I can't believe you picked him out.
Not sure what game you saw in the stands but the one on TV he looked fine for the PS. He is tall, can move and seems to be around the ball.

But, hey, what do I know.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 11,946
Reputation: 217884
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The only play he made that was a positive in the whole game was the sack that was the OL's fault. I'm being completely serious here too...he looked like a high school JV player out there.
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 58,749
Reputation: 2175418
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Hard to win a Super Bowl IN SPITE of your QB. Just hard, not impossible.

I only hope Tony realizes all the "postive" stuff he hears everyday is not reality once you start to compete.

The fact his mechanics and pocket presence has seemingly not improved since last season says something to me which is bothersome.

So we can spin all we want but if he looks All Pro one game (which he can) and throws 4 INT and fumbles twice the next ..... that is a .500 team at best..
I know that is not what you think we are, so I don't know where you are going with that.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,376
Reputation: 83
robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
The only play he made that was a positive in the whole game was the sack that was the OL's fault. I'm being completely serious here too...he looked like a high school JV player out there.
Well, not sure that negates the possiblity he needs a year in a serious football program called Practice Squad. That is my position. Plus, I don't think he is an OLB. I think he is an ILB.

In general all good athletes who are raw need PS. Look at guys like Adalius Thomas. Just need time to learn how to play.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 09-02-2007 at 11:28 PM.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,376
Reputation: 83
robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I know that is not what you think we are, so I don't know where you are going with that.
Tony needs to learn and I have not seen anything since last year.

I am very concerned about his lack of improvement in the mechanical basics.

Find out more on Sunday night.

BTW, not saying anything others are not repeating.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 11,946
Reputation: 217884
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Khali Long and Hannah are guys who scream practice squad to me. Guys who have huge upside just are extremely raw. Saldi falls in the Ryan Fowler mold to me I just don't see that as worth it.
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 11,946
Reputation: 217884
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Tony needs to learn and I have not seen anything since last year.

I am very concerned about his lack of improvement in the mechanical basics.

Find out more on Sunday night.

BTW, not saying anything others are not repeating.
Mechanics are only part of the game tho. You can think of a great player in any sport who doesn't have good mechanics. For instance...Michael Jordan had horrible form on his jumpshot. But he turned out all right. I'll take a guy with the heart and forgettful mind that is needed as a QB over perfect mechanics. You can either make the throws or you can't....
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,376
Reputation: 83
robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Khali Long and Hannah are guys who scream practice squad to me. Guys who have huge upside just are extremely raw. Saldi falls in the Ryan Fowler mold to me I just don't see that as worth it.
Fari enuff points. I think Salid is a little more talented than Fowler .... and I think Fowler is playing somewhere.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.