Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-05-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually some of the scribes that played part in giving us our TC reports think Reeves outplayed Glenn. Dave Halprin from btb and Tim Mac from dmn blog to state some names.

Like I said. Jones was the only one with experience in the middle. He played tons of special teams and that is why he is still on the team.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is so much that goes into a cornerback. Just cause someone is small doesnt mean they can't handle themselves.

I was sorry to lose Glenn, and I think it was a mistake. However, I cant say how much of a mistake. Average cornerbacks can look good with a good pass rush.

I am much more concerned with the defensive line play. Until we stop the run and get a pass rush, isnt most of the cornerback talk somewhat of a moot point...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
There is so much that goes into a cornerback. Just cause someone is small doesnt mean they can't handle themselves.

I was sorry to lose Glenn, and I think it was a mistake. However, I cant say how much of a mistake. Average cornerbacks can look good with a good pass rush.

I am much more concerned with the defensive line play. Until we stop the run and get a pass rush, isnt most of the cornerback talk somewhat of a moot point...
Nobody is saying Glen can't handle himself. I'm sure he'll do very well in JAX. He just wasn't an ideal fit for WP's schemes and when you compound that with additional factors such as pay, age and injury concern, then it makes sense in letting him go. At least we'll see what Reeves and Jones has to offer. If either of them turn out, that could potentially eliminate CB from being a high offseason need.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can buy that.

For the record, I hated to see glenn go...

Old 09-06-2007, 01:47 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alan Ball is on the PS for those who were wondering

Quote:
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw...
Glenn's release angers Cowboys' Williams
09:11 PM CDT on Monday, September 3, 2007

By CALVIN WATKINS / The Dallas Morning News
cwatkins@dallasnews.com
(...)
Cowboys sign new coach: With quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson suspended for the first five games of the season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances, the team hired Harold Richardson on an interim basis.

Richardson will work with the offensive coaches in the press box during games.

"He's not a quarterback coach, but he will help," coach Wade Phillips said. "He's an extra set of eyes in the press box"

Richardson, an SMU grad, worked with Phillips' father, Bum, in New Orleans. Wade Phillips and Richardson have worked together in New Orleans, Denver, Atlanta and at Oklahoma State

Richardson has also coached at Colorado State, North Texas, TCU and SMU.

Briefly: LB Greg Ellis (heel), LB Kevin Burnett (ankle), DE Marcus Smith (knee) and Newman missed practice. ... CB Alan Ball, who was cut Sunday, is back with the team as a practice squad player. The Cowboys now have eight players on the practice squad. ... S Ken Hamlin (26), S Courtney Brown (27), OT James Marten (78), WR Mike Jefferson (85), TE Rodney Hannah (44) and Ball (20) have new jersey numbers.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-06-2007, 01:51 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to be a downer but you all better hope Eli Manning and Jason Campbell don't finally figure it out this year
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:54 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Not to be a downer but you all better hope Eli Manning and Jason Campbell don't finally figure it out this year
Or else what? The Redskins and Giants will be tough to beat? News flash all divisional games are hard to win. No matter who is figuring it out.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-06-2007, 01:56 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Or else what? The Redskins and Giants will be tough to beat? News flash all divisional games are hard to win. No matter who is figuring it out.
Just saying that they could even tougher if the Giants and Redskins get their pasing offenses to click given your weakness in the secondary
Old 09-06-2007, 01:59 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just saying that they could even tougher if the Giants and Redskins get their pasing offenses to click given your weakness in the secondary
I have a feeling about what the secondary can and can't do, but I would like to hear what you would have to say as a non-Cowboys perspective. Can you elaborate on the weaknesses you see?
Old 09-06-2007, 02:01 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I have a feeling about what the secondary can and can't do, but I would like to hear what you would have to say as a non-Cowboys perspective. Can you elaborate on the weaknesses you see?
I see lack of man coverage skill by your safties, in fact both your safeties, in my opinion, prefer to go for the big hit and will give up a lot of big plays. You also have very little depth at CB behind Terrence newman unless someone unexpected steps up.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:40 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I see lack of man coverage skill by your safties, in fact both your safeties, in my opinion, prefer to go for the big hit and will give up a lot of big plays. You also have very little depth at CB behind Terrence newman unless someone unexpected steps up.
Thanks for the reply. I'd say that's a fair assessment. We are not built to be a finesse defense that waits for and reacts to plays to unfold in hopes that our secondary will hold up for long periods against the pass, so we are more susceptible to losing battles the longer our safeties are required to stay in coverage. If our schemes work however, we will be attacking heavily in our front 7 and our DBs will be trying to disrupt the timing and routes of opposing WRs. That means not allowing the opposing QB to sit for a long time and allow him to disect our secondary. There's some give and take to this attacking style of defense. That's why I think the DL is critically important to making this defense work, moreso than the secondary and I'm afraid of the lack of pressure that our DEs can create than I am of our safeties in coverage.

Roy and Hamlin do get bad raps on their coverage skills because they are labeled as hard hitters. While not the greatest, they aren't as bad as most people make them out to be. Anthony Henry should excel in this defense more than any other player in our secondary. I expect a big comeback year for him. Our depth appears shallow, but Reeves and Jones have been with the team for... what is it? 3 years now? They may actually have a big role this year with the departure of Glen and Newman's injury concern. Shallow might not be the best word to describe the depth in the secondary. Inexperienced would be better. Pat Watkins could use more playing time, but he's shown glimpses of being an active contributor. Keith Davis is still around and at least he knows his role and doesn't complain.

The secondary has been criticized heavily in the past, but with the change in scheme, Roy's lost weight and renewed motivation, the addition of Hamlin's presence and leadership... things look better for '07.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:20 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've noted that, outside of Washington, there isn't a team in the East with good DB depth.

The Giants have Sam Madison as their number 1 CB, RW McQuarters and Webster who are average at best, and Ross who is a rookie.
Their safeties are Gibril Wilson, who struggled a lot last year, and a first year starter in James Butler.

The Eagles have a good duo in Sheppard-Brown (as good as our starting duo if not better), but they have a couple of so-so players as their nickel and dime back: Joselio Hanson and William James.
They have one of the best FS in the game, but I don't like Sean Considine as their SS.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
To say neither of our safeties can cover is an understatement.

The big issues going forward is the fact that in today's NFL you need safeties that can cover.

RB and TE are so much more explosive in the passing game.

This is not 1995.

It would be nice to see Jerrah figure it out before giving away huge money to guys like Roy Williams.

Roy Williams SS, the Dave Kingman of Pro-football.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody see that diet pepsi Max commercial with the 'boys? I thought it was kinda funny
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
Anybody see that diet pepsi Max commercial with the 'boys? I thought it was kinda funny
ya that was great....good ole jerrah :P

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-06-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

That will show New Orleans to spend money on Cover-2 Zone CBs in FA. Yuck, Jason David.

Well, I so much for New Orleans having a better Defense. They are as bad as last year if not worse. Secondary is horrid. Their safeties looked like 2 Roy Williams out there.

And the O, well looks like the Colts put out a template on stopping New Orleans.

** Don't get why Payton did not run the ball more with Deuce in the first half or pick up on it early in the second half before the game got away from them. **
Old 09-06-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
Looks about right.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Man, the colts looked tough.

How can we go about getting Jason David? He looked like a young Deon Sanders out there...

Old 09-09-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Actually can we just pick up both University of South Florida Corners and their LDE Selvie.

Could not believe how talented they are.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Anyone stoked? I feel like a 15 year old about to get laid.

I hope we kill these G-fuh-hags.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my sister got tickets for the game and im at home watching

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
my sister got tickets for the game and im at home watching
You need a new sister dude. No comp?
Old 09-09-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
You need a new sister dude.
well she got it for her boyfriends birthday

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
well she got it for her boyfriends birthday
Then you should have gone with him.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Anyone stoked? I feel like a 15 year old about to get laid.
Man I have been going crazy all day waiting for this game. That is the only bad thing about playing late.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote