Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-09-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's what the type of game I wanted to see from Romo.
And even getting only one sack, our pass rush looks improved by a good margin. With Newman back we should blitz more. Ware applied at least 4 QB pressures, and Spencer had a couple of very nice plays.

It's 5:46 in the morning, and I'm finally going to bed. Happy :D

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
That's what the type of game I wanted to see from Romo.
And even getting only one sack, our pass rush looks improved by a good margin. With Newman back we should blitz more. Ware applied at least 4 QB pressures, and Spencer had a couple of very nice plays.

It's 5:46 in the morning, and I'm finally going to bed. Happy :D
Roy Williams sucks. Nice to see it proven. AGAIN.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

God bless the horrid G-Men pass D.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just heard on ESPN Fergy done for season. torn bicep. ****
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
Just heard on ESPN Fergy done for season. torn bicep. ****
Just heard that. Not good at all. Ratliff played decent, but we got gashed on a couple runs in the middle.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Just heard that. Not good at all. Ratliff played decent, but we got gashed on a couple runs in the middle.
That sucks.

Think Jerry should have drafted a NT in the draft instead of Stanback????

I am like a forecasting machine.

** Also said Brandon Jacobs would not last 500 carries in the NFL without knee problems. A little sooner than I predicted but ....**
Old 09-10-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Run D was horrid.

Bigger problem was the crazed ass approach to penetration.

Just too many holes when everyone thinks they are going to "make plays."
Old 09-10-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FYI, I suspended robert for a week. I think you all know why... and it's not his opinion on Roy Williams.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
FYI, I suspended robert for a week. I think you all know why... and it's not his opinion on Roy Williams.

About time..but i'm sure he will resurface :)
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Unit- I dont blame you.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Del Rio can suite up for the games, I don't know why the league should not allow Wade to wear something like this:

Seriously, watching some images of Wade with his father during yesterday game, I thought it would be amazing to see Wade wearing a cowboy hat on the sideline.

In Bob We Trust

Old 09-10-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just as long as it's just the hat and not that monstrous overcoat...
Old 09-12-2007, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Looking at the game book of NFL.com, we had 6 QB hurries and the Giants had only 2. These stats doesn't count the sack Spencer had during the two point-conversion.
Our CB's played soft zones and Manning had a great game, making quick decisions and releasing the ball in very few seconds. I think with Newman back (and a more confident Reeves) will see these QB hurries becoming sacks. The D-line needs to improve, but it usually takes a few weeks for a line to get the right chemistry.

And that's an intersting reading about the pass rush:

Quote:
1. Dallas had no pass rush.

Not true. The Cowboys put a lot of pressure on Eli Manning and forced him into several bad throws.

Here’s where we have to give the Giants credit for their game plan. They threw a lot of three-step drop passes that beat all rushes, unless somebody came clean. They were very effective splitting Jeremy Shockey up wide and hitting him on short drops. Roy Williams gave him so much room the passes were impossible to stop.

In the few instances when Dallas did get New York in third-and-long the Giants kept seven in to block Dallas’ five and six man blitzes. New York was able to beat six man zone coverage because Plaxico Burress was in a zone. He and Eli Manning beat Anthony Henry deep and short. Henry had solid coverage on several plays but Manning and Burress got him with superior route running and throws. One on early second half play Manning stepped into pressure and threw a low skinny post that Burress slid to catch for 25 yards. No corner could have stopped it.

Where Dallas failed was in providing more aggressive coverage in third and longs. On New York’s opening drive of the third quarter Dallas pushed Manning into a third and twelve after a Jay Ratliff sack. Dallas brought five blitzers and New York nullified them with a seven man cup. Manning threw right to Burress, who beat unbelievably soft Jacques Reeves coverage for 20. I say unbelievable because Reeves had help over the top from Pat Watkins and still played several yards off. Reeves broke up two throws to Burress in the next three plays and might have kept the Giants from their field goal if he had played the initial 3rd-and-12 the same way.

2. Demarcus Ware was invisible. Not the Ware I saw. He knocked a pass out of Manning’s hands as he was throwing and had Manning’s jersey in his hand on three other plays. There’s a symbiosis between rushers and coverge. One feeds off the other and Ware won’t close deals until the secondary tightens things up.
Source: http://theboysblog.com/2007/09/10/th...-fair-and-bad/

Last but not least, it was good to see our offensive line allowing only one sack and two hurries in the first game. I think they'll get better and they can have a great season as a unit.

In Bob We Trust

Old 09-13-2007, 05:41 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Watching the tape I've noted two things not very related with how our team played...

First, who's wearing the C's for us?
Second, when Witten scored his TD, he gave the ball to Marc Colombo... I wonder why...

In Bob We Trust

Old 09-13-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

I don't think the Cowboys are wearing Captain patches this year.

I know for a fact that Romo didn't wear one, and I'm pretty sure he was a captain.

Perhaps they didn't wear them because Springs and Walls were the honorary captains.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
I don't think the Cowboys are wearing Captain patches this year.

I know for a fact that Romo didn't wear one, and I'm pretty sure he was a captain.

Perhaps they didn't wear them because Springs and Walls were the honorary captains.
yeah I think there is a chance they didn't wear them just because of Springs and Walls, but I am not sure they will wear them at all.

I believe the captains are Romo, Witten, James, and Keith Davis though.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a differnt note, I still think we'd be better of with my draft.

26- Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas
67- Jason Hill, WR, Washington St
103- Paul Soliai, NT, Utah
122- Doug Free, OT, Northern Illinois
178- Mason Crosby, K, Colorado
200- Jacob Ford, DE/OLB, Central Arkansas
212- Chris Leak, QB, Florida
234- Brandon Siler, ILB, Florida
237- Kenny Scott, CB, Georgia Tech

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
On a differnt note, I still think we'd be better of with my draft.

26- Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas
67- Jason Hill, WR, Washington St
103- Paul Soliai, NT, Utah
122- Doug Free, OT, Northern Illinois
178- Mason Crosby, K, Colorado
200- Jacob Ford, DE/OLB, Central Arkansas
212- Chris Leak, QB, Florida
234- Brandon Siler, ILB, Florida
237- Kenny Scott, CB, Georgia Tech
I absolutely disagree. A number of us, myself included, criticized the Spencer pick when it was made. Having watched Wade's scheme, however, I am totally convinced that Bobby Carpenter could not be that dynamic pass-rushing threat opposite Ware that the Philips 34 requires. Anthony Spencer provides that presence, and will provide that presence even more as he adjusts to the position.

I can't argue with your choices of Soliai or Free.

Hill though, I do take issue with. I do not think that he could have stepped in immediately and taken over for Terry Glenn or even Patrick Crayton in case of an injury. Personally, I believe that Sam Hurd is destined to be at least a solid #3 receiver and potentially more because of his awareness, attitude, and willingness to learn the nuances of the position. He may not be the most gifted player, but certainly is a hard-worker and should be a solid contributor for a number of years.

If you had suggested Eric Wright in the 2nd, however, I would have been fine with that selection.

The final pick of yours I don't like is Chris Leak. Personally, I'd rather still have Matt Moore, or would have selected Troy Smith...

The other picks I can't say much about since I don't really remember that much about those guys and haven't yet seen them play.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

I'm not sure if this has been updated yet, but Terry Glenn elected to have the arthroscopic knee surgery and will be able to play again this season.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was also someone who didn't want Spencer in the first round. But, based on your draft there, only Hill, Houston, Crosby and Free make the team for certain. Maybe Kenny Scott, but at most 5 picks make the team. I our draft better than that.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:24 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if it's just me, but Ware has been disappointing so far, 2 games into the season. I'm not worried yet, but I am disappointed.

Our D is missing one BIG BBIIIIIIIIIGG thing and it will suck until it's fixed.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm calling Newman will play this week. He knows this is the biggest game on our schedule.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

We face the Patriots in Week 6.

Unless you've already given up all hope of winning that game, I think that would be our "biggest game" on the schedule.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:15 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC Supremecy is more important than a non-conference game imo.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:21 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
NFC Supremecy is more important than a non-conference game imo.
Absolutely. Chicago next week is the best early season measuring stick. Week 3, no cobwebs.