Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-23-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Great game. But now I'm really worried about next week's game. It's a trap, and the Cowboys have always, even back to the Landry days, had trouble with those trap games against struggling teams.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

congrats on the win boys, you guys came out to play, and showed who was the better team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, we cant take next week lightly...The Rams have just as many weapons on O as us...it could be a shoot out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be at the game next week. Can't wait for that. Lived at Dallas all my life, and I've never been to Texas Stadium. So it's going to be awesome.

But I'm still basking in this win right now.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Bears are who we thought they were!

And we did not let them off the hook!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah, we cant take next week lightly...The Rams have just as many weapons on O as us...it could be a shoot out.
I'm just praying that Newman will be ready to start next week. Torry Holt is still one of the better receivers in the league.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
I'm just praying that Newman will be ready to start next week. Torry Holt is still one of the better receivers in the league.
He looked great tonight...he was smooth and hitting hard. He looks real good. Before the game he said, he might even sneak in for a punt return...I'm sure he was joking but, I think he's feeling pretty good right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-23-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Romo's performance was exceptional tonight...one of the better games by a QB, that i've ever seen. The Bears were bringing pressure but, he wasnt going to go down easily...just superb tonight...let's lock him up already.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-23-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How amazing is Marion vision? Just wow...

We faced a bad offense but our defense was better than the weeks before. I think we'll improve on defense as soon as the season goes on.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post

We faced a bad offense but our defense was better than the weeks before. I think we'll improve on defense as soon as the season goes on.
We should be improving every week on defense...we def. have the talent there.

Marion is just a freak...he has a patient unorthodox running style but, the man is just insane.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-23-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
The Bears are who we thought they were!

And we did not let them off the hook!
Go ahead and crown us.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

By the way, I thought Jacques Reeves played pretty well tonight. He's still no Terrence Newman, but he's grown a TON since his first start against the Giants.

Here's who I'm giving game balls to:

-Tony Romo: played potentially the best game of his career
-Leonard Davis: did exceptionally well matching up with Tommie Harris; absolutely manhandled some guys
-Demarcus Ware: had two sacks, but more importantly, played the run exceptionally well
-Anthony Henry: 2 picks, 1 TD, etc. etc. etc.
-Keith Davis: was a leader on the special teams unit and made some nice plays against the league's best return man
Old 09-23-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post

I hate to bring this up again, and I don't want to be contentious about it, but Barber really wasn't great tonight other than his one long run. That run itself was pretty nice: Barber was patient and exploded through his hole, but the lack of speed did hurt him at the end.

Here are the numbers without each players longest run (Jones' longest was called back because of a BS holding call on Flo that didn't even affect the play):

Barber: 14-48-1
Jones: 7-26-0

Jones also had two receptions (and one called back) for 29 yards; Barber had 1 for 6 and a TD (I'm not sure about that exact number off the top of my head).

I was also disappointed to see Barber getting the ball late in the first half on those two draw plays; he simply is not as good as Jones on the draw.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Go ahead and crown us.
Shoot, I forgot that line.......
Old 09-24-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm most impressed by the OL play. Other than a couple of bone headed plays where we left one or two players run untouched up the middle, they were very good against a very strong Chicago front 7.

JJ is a very good receiving RB on screens. Too bad his long run was negated by penalty. The Barbarian is still out performing him, but JJ impressed me when he was in the game also.

ST play was AMAZING today. I was probably the most surprised by this. I figured our ST were going to the the most likely achilles heel tonight.

Nick Folk is solid. Dware showed up. He played very well. Two sacks multiple tackles.

Crayton had a rough game tonight. The officiating was terrible. That's one of the worst officated games I've seen this year. The block by Witten was clearly not a clip. The PI on Owens? Geez, it was ticky tack. And don't even get me started on the sack at the end of the half.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
I hate to bring this up again, and I don't want to be contentious about it, but Barber really wasn't great tonight other than his one long run. That run itself was pretty nice: Barber was patient and exploded through his hole, but the lack of speed did hurt him at the end.

Here are the numbers without each players longest run (Jones' longest was called back because of a BS holding call on Flo that didn't even affect the play):

Barber: 14-48-1
Jones: 7-26-0

Jones also had two receptions (and one called back) for 29 yards; Barber had 1 for 6 and a TD (I'm not sure about that exact number off the top of my head).

I was also disappointed to see Barber getting the ball late in the first half on those two draw plays; he simply is not as good as Jones on the draw.
I really was impressed by both guys today. Julius had a couple of tough runs and Barber just punished them in the 2nd half.

It's scary to say, but, the only team that can stop the Cowboys IS the Cowboys right now. We had 100 yards in penalties in the game.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the positive note....I actually saw JJ break an arm tackle today...although he choose to run out of bounds at the three....but that was the first tackle I've seen him break when running the ball out of the backfield.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Next week is going be a huge test for our defense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-24-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys played well tonight. Good game. Romo picked us apart and Grossman played into your hands. Congrats.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
I'm most impressed by the OL play. Other than a couple of bone headed plays where we left one or two players run untouched up the middle, they were very good against a very strong Chicago front 7.

JJ is a very good receiving RB on screens. Too bad his long run was negated by penalty. The Barbarian is still out performing him, but JJ impressed me when he was in the game also.

ST play was AMAZING today. I was probably the most surprised by this. I figured our ST were going to the the most likely achilles heel tonight.

Nick Folk is solid. Dware showed up. He played very well. Two sacks multiple tackles.

Crayton had a rough game tonight. The officiating was terrible. That's one of the worst officated games I've seen this year. The block by Witten was clearly not a clip. The PI on Owens? Geez, it was ticky tack. And don't even get me started on the sack at the end of the half.
That was one of the worst officiated games I've seen maybe since the Dallas-Carolina playoff game in Parcells' first year. The officials missed a ton of blatant calls:

-The block in the back
-The off pass interference on Owens
-The missed defensive holding on the Bears
-The sack
-The holding call on Flozell (on JJ's long run)
-The inconsistency on the horse collar ruling (anyone else notice that Al and John couldn't get it straight either?)

Don't think we'll be seeing these refs in the playoffs.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really love how Garrett is using T.O. Split out, in the backfield, in motion, in the slot...
Old 09-24-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

Quote:
Romo's performance was exceptional tonight...one of the better games by a QB, that i've ever seen. The Bears were bringing pressure but, he wasnt going to go down easily...just superb tonight...let's lock him up already.
I can't believe how elusive he is! There's a part of my brain that keeps picturing Drew Bledsoe in there; it's scary to think how many sacks the Bears would have had in that case.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I didnt think Marion had a realistic shot at getting anywhere near 16 Tds again this season. He's already got 5 in three games...just a TD machine.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-24-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didnt think Marion had a realistic shot at getting anywhere near 16 Tds again this season. He's already got 5 in three games...just a TD machine.
His yards after contact has to be toward the top in the NFL.

The only guy I've ever seen even close to him in this catagory was my guy in last years draft Adrian Peterson...anyone who has watched him so far have seen that too.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
congrats on the win boys, you guys came out to play, and showed who was the better team
Cowboys are really good this season and now that they beat the bears I'm starting to think you are the dominant NFC team

Oh and by the way nice sig
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote