Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-23-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
His yards after contact has to be toward the top in the NFL.

The only guy I've ever seen even close to him in this catagory was my guy in last years draft Adrian Peterson...anyone who has watched him so far have seen that too.

I personally believe Adrian Peterson will be the best RB in the NFL in 3 years. If he stays healthy he'll be the best. He's Eric Dickerson for real.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was pleasantly surprised by the play of Henry, not only in this game but last week also. We needed somebody step up to in the secondary after week 1, and he has really stepped up his game. Love it.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Clarett temporarily opened the door...AD nearly entered the draft. Some scouts say he could have went in the 1st right then and there. After his Freshman season...he was already the best in the nation w/ out a doubt in my opinion. Amazing talent. Would have been a dream if we found a way to get him in the draft.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Garrett really impressed me this game. The Cowboys were doing a lot of things offensively that they haven't shown before this. The way they were motioning guys threw off the Bears LBs quite a bit, because they didn't have tape of it. Normally it is just Fasano and Hoyte motioning into and out of the backfield, not WRs.

Also as far as JJ and Barber go this game I think they were pretty much equal. Up until now Barber clearly outplayed JJ, but that changed this game. Both ran very well when they weren't getting hit at or before the line of scrimmage. JJ was running hard and making guys miss like he used to and Barber continues to power through guys and use his amazing balance to gain extra yards. Not sure what he did to make you guys say he has great vision but he ran great as usual. I would have liked to see more plays by JJ later, to see if he would keep it up.

I wish they would run some plays with Jones and Barber both in the back field, like they did some last year.

And then of course there is Romo who keeps making me wish they would have signed him before the season.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JJ didn't run late in the game because he was tight...he was getting stretched out on the sidelines. Then we he did go in during the 4th quarter he got shaken up...I'm pretty sure thats why we saw such a big dose of MB3 throughout the second half.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:59 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Post Game Tidbits

Wow. 3 weeks into the season and Anthony Henry is the Defensive MVP. I knew he'd be a great fit in WP's scheme, but this was unforseen. Still prone to giving up big and critical plays, but he's become a real playmaker for us in the secondary. You have to be willing to accept his failures because he is such an aggressive defender. His interceptions have not been "lucky to be in the vicinity" type INTs. He's been aggressive in putting himself in position and overly trusting in his instinct (reason for the good and bad).

Remi Ayodele... His play opened my eyes today. Here's hoping for more of the same.

Yay! Demarcus Ware showed up to play! Hopefully he can use this performance to propel his play for the rest of the season.

I've been overly harsh on our defense for it's lack of "playmakers", but 2 weeks in a row they have proved me wrong. We're still not getting into the backfield as much as I would like, but we've been absolutely great on getting/forcing turnovers. If this keeps up, I will gladly eat more crow.

Our offense is amazing and Nick Folk makes me sleep easy at night.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this offense might be the 2nd best in the league next to the Colts.

Maybe, the Patriots are 2 and you guys are 3, maybe, but youre definately top 3 right now at the very least.

Jason Garret coached a great game. He really did an excellent job exposing that cover 2 shell. It was such a simple plan essentially. You guys basically ran 3 pass plays the whole game, out of different formations and motions. Deep posts with TO and Witten on one side, quick slants with TO and witten on one side, or crossing routes with TO and Witten on one side. That was it. 3 plays. And they had no answer for it. He disguised it with motions and different formations, but it was essentially those 3 plays directed at Arch in particular that was ran.

And they had no answer for it. As long as that oline held up, which it did, and Romo did a great job evading pressure, his reads were open all day. Their zone coverages can't cover TO and Witten. It was shooting fish in a bucket. If you notice, the only time they stopped you guys was when they got pressure. They couldn't cover your guys with their zones.

Defense just has to be complimentary to this offense. The way the offense is playing this year, if the defense is halfway decent you'll be a SB favorite out of the NFC. The dline still isn't playing up to par, but it didn't matter last night. The OLBs got great pressure, Spencer looks like a great fit, and the pressure got there. The coverage still isn't there, but youll only have to worry about that when you go against good qbs.

But I honestly think that its the offense, not the defense, that will carry this team this year. That offense is deadly right now. I know its very early, but right now you can't argue with the thought of Dallas being the best in the NFC right now. Of course, its still very very early, but right now, it can be brought up.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
I hate to bring this up again, and I don't want to be contentious about it, but Barber really wasn't great tonight other than his one long run.

I was also disappointed to see Barber getting the ball late in the first half on those two draw plays; he simply is not as good as Jones on the draw.
Of course you didnt, why would you...its obvious you love julius jones and your never impressed with Barber, he could score 4 tds and you would just say "if it werent for his 2 long runs he only had this amount of yds, or if the line didnt block this good, or JJ is much better at these type of plays..

your never going to man up about it, or give credit where credit is due, just let it go...its blatant you dont want to EVER admit barber played really great, although through 3 games he has outplayed Jones by a landslide, you always have some way of twisting it and downplaying the effort...

and that whole "if you take out their longest run" argument is terrible, fact is they DID have those runs, so what good does it do to show stats without them in their?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Post Game Tidbits

Wow. 3 weeks into the season and Anthony Henry is the Defensive MVP. I knew he'd be a great fit in WP's scheme, but this was unforseen. Still prone to giving up big and critical plays, but he's become a real playmaker for us in the secondary. You have to be willing to accept his failures because he is such an aggressive defender. His interceptions have not been "lucky to be in the vicinity" type INTs. He's been aggressive in putting himself in position and overly trusting in his instinct (reason for the good and bad).

Remi Ayodele... His play opened my eyes today. Here's hoping for more of the same.

Yay! Demarcus Ware showed up to play! Hopefully he can use this performance to propel his play for the rest of the season.

I've been overly harsh on our defense for it's lack of "playmakers", but 2 weeks in a row they have proved me wrong. We're still not getting into the backfield as much as I would like, but we've been absolutely great on getting/forcing turnovers. If this keeps up, I will gladly eat more crow.

Our offense is amazing and Nick Folk makes me sleep easy at night.
I would not get too ahead of ourselves about big plays in pass coverage yet.

Green and Grossman are horrible and we had trouble with Manning.

The INT we have gotten so far are fairly bad throws except for (gasp) Roy's INT last night. He actually looked like a DB breaking on the ball. (** will forget that one series when he looked like Dave Kingman swinging through a meatball -- twice **)

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 09-24-2007 at 01:12 PM.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
I would not get too ahead of ourselves about big plays in pass coverage yet.

Green and Grossman are horrible and we had trouble with Manning.

The INT we have gotten so far are bad throws except for (gasp) Roy's INT last night.

He actually looked like a DB.
The majority of INT's in this league are bad throws unless it's a tipped ball like the one to Crayton last night. It's up to the DB to make the play, and we've been doing that. I think once we get Newman back full time and as our pass rush matures, we'll be fine. That is, if somebody takes Roy aside during practice and shows him that you must always wrap up when attempting a tackle. You know, kinda like they do from day one in Pee-wee.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
The majority of INT's in this league are bad throws unless it's a tipped ball like the one to Crayton last night. It's up to the DB to make the play, and we've been doing that. I think once we get Newman back full time and as our pass rush matures, we'll be fine. That is, if somebody takes Roy aside during practice and shows him that you must always wrap up when attempting a tackle. You know, kinda like they do from day one in Pee-wee.
Agree most are from bad throws. Be nice to see a laser beam get jacked into the house. We got Bulger and Brady next few weeks.

How is Stewart doing?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
But I honestly think that its the offense, not the defense, that will carry this team this year. That offense is deadly right now. I know its very early, but right now you can't argue with the thought of Dallas being the best in the NFC right now. Of course, its still very very early, but right now, it can be brought up.
What I fear is that once we've played a few games, and more and more film is available of the offense, teams will "figure it out". Maybe I'm just paranoid.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
What I fear is that once we've played a few games, and more and more film is available of the offense, teams will "figure it out". Maybe I'm just paranoid.
As long as the OL can pass/run block in the top 5 of the NFL -- we will not have a problem scoring.

Always things we can do better (mentioned) but we seem to make some excellent second half adjustments so far which sort of negates what you are pointing out.

They may "figure us out" but so far we are "figuring them out" if that makes sense.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
The majority of INT's in this league are bad throws
Exactly. I was watching the WAS-NYG game and the announcer said "good throws always beat decent coverages". If a ball is thrown on the money and it's not tipped it's almost impossible to pick it off.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Exactly. I was watching the WAS-NYG game and the announcer said "good throws always beat decent coverages". If a ball is thrown on the money and it's not tipped it's almost impossible to pick it off.
Easy for him to say. He's Troy Aikman.

Last edited by Paul : 09-24-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ha. Tory Aikman.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
Ha. Tory Aikman.
Haha. Blasphemy on my part. I apologize
Old 09-24-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Agree most are from bad throws. Be nice to see a laser beam get jacked into the house. We got Bulger and Brady next few weeks.

How is Stewart doing?
Yeah, I'm hoping that our pass rush will really take shape against the Rams. That o-line has been struggling big time. Even with his quick release, if we can't put Bulger on his back a few times, that means our coverage is really bad. Wade needs to bring the heat this week. Bulger is pretty accurate, so I think any INT's we get this week will be attributable to the pressure we get on him. We really need Newman out there this week. Bruce and Holt will be open all day for first downs against the patented 15 yard Reeves cushion.

I think Brady is going to light us up. They'll probably come out of the gate with a 15 play pass script. Brady will begin the game 13-15 for 147 yds and 2 TD's. That's the game of the year for us without a doubt. If we somehow manage to win while looking good, we're the clear cut favorites to win the Super Bowl. But even with Newman, I expect them to test us through the air relentlessly and to great success.

Stewart is looking very good. I still wish he ran with a little more ferocity and urgency at times, but he's looking studly right now. Like a man among boys at times. I can't wait to see how he looks against SC. I have a feeling our o-line will be dominated in that game though and we'll have to rely heavily on the pass and Dixon's legs to keep us in the game. But yeah, Stewart's burst and balance are looking great. I still think he leaves some yards on the field, but who doesn't. Well, other than the Barbarian.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Rob again....oo wat a day it is. With Garrett setting up our offense the way it is. We basically run the same first half offense with a couple of kinks. Nothing really flashy...pretty predictable. But then we use that footage and set up for it at halftime. Now the only problem with this is that if we get down early...some of our players might press...but our first half offense...CAN get into the endzone quite a bit if we play smart football and limit the penalties.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-24-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Of course you didnt, why would you...its obvious you love julius jones and your never impressed with Barber, he could score 4 tds and you would just say "if it werent for his 2 long runs he only had this amount of yds, or if the line didnt block this good, or JJ is much better at these type of plays..

your never going to man up about it, or give credit where credit is due, just let it go...its blatant you dont want to EVER admit barber played really great, although through 3 games he has outplayed Jones by a landslide, you always have some way of twisting it and downplaying the effort...

and that whole "if you take out their longest run" argument is terrible, fact is they DID have those runs, so what good does it do to show stats without them in their?
Yes you're right I do like Julius Jones a lot. In fact he's probably one of my favorite players on the Cowboys...so I probably am a little biased.

I look at running backs two ways: with my eyes on the television and my eyes on the stat sheet. So when I go to look at the statistical sheet, I can thoroughly understand which yards a back earned, and which resulted more from defensive breakdowns or excellent play by the players around him. In this manner, I can determine outliers, and I then factor those outliers into my interpretation of the statistics. If you've ever taken a statistics course, you'll know that it is generally accepted that you can eliminate outliers before you calculate an average; another way of looking at performace is through the median. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but if I were to guess, I would say that Julius Jones' median run for this season is much closer to Barber's mean run than their averages.

And, objectively, I think Julius Jones was the better running back last. He was able to pick up positive yardage on almost every carry, while Barber got stopped in the backfield a couple of times. Now, Barber did get poor blocking on a couple of those plays, but, in my mind, one of his faults is that he struggles when he doesn't have good blocking. (Of course, the same argument possibly could have been made about Emmitt Smith).

Finally, this one is for you Barber fans. If I were you, and I understood how well Barber performed in the late part of the game, that's where I would want him, because I believe that he is a better runner for that part of the game because of his physicality. Personally, I like having Jones in early because he does have the potential to make a big play and put the Cowboys up early.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Call it being naive or whatever, but I feel a lot more comfortable this year than last because of Garrett. Parcells wasn't an offensive mind, yet he called all the shots in his time here, not even wanting to name Payton as our OC. Garrett's creativity and fresh attack has been great for our team. I knew it in the preseason right away. I love having him on our side. I hope the "Princeton guy" can keep defenses off balance and guessing all season long. I have faith that he will.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that was a great win. Kinda makes you wonder what would have happened if we got by Seattle last year huh? To put 31 on the Bears in a half....thats impressive. As far as the Defense goes we have 8 turnovers in the last 2 games I believe. You can say its the Q.B.s were going against but I believe Wades system creates those turnovers even when were not piling up the sacks were still getting pressure. The Offense...what can you say? just Amazing. Top 3 for sure. Its just great that this coaching staff is putting players in position to make plays. This is the way you use a T.O. This is the way you use a Romo. And IMO you will see the same thing out of the Defense when we get everybody healthy. I'm really not too worried about this being a trap game at home against the Rams but next week in Buffalo will be a huge trap IMO especially with N.E. coming to town the following week. But not to get to far ahead of myself just to be 3-0 and a win at the defending NFC CHAMPS well lets just say not to shabby for a team that has no clue how to build a roster.:)
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Call it being naive or whatever, but I feel a lot more comfortable this year than last because of Garrett. Parcells wasn't an offensive mind, yet he called all the shots in his time here, not even wanting to name Payton as our OC. Garrett's creativity and fresh attack has been great for our team. I knew it in the preseason right away. I love having him on our side. I hope the "Princeton guy" can keep defenses off balance and guessing all season long. I have faith that he will.
One piece of evidence that reassured me of Garrett's creativity was putting TO in the backfield on a couple of plays. Yes he went in motion, but it was a new aspect of the offense that we haven't seen. As long as we can keep TO free, this offense should be potent. And imagine what could happen if/when we get Glenn back. (Knock on wood).
Old 09-24-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

My worry is that....how long can Garrett be kept down to a OC....how long until teams come barking....Is it really fair to Wade to shoo him out of the new guy....this could be a big problem...hopefully Jerry's love keeps him here for a long time.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-24-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Easy for him to say. He's Troy Aikman.
Ahah, I feel stupid :D I just couldn't remember who was the announcer :P

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote