Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-24-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Great read. What a tool.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:01 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These are great...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCgmzDALkhg
Hurd and Witten

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kMIwT5cVFk
Hurd and Watkins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlTEZhangIo
Hurd and Henry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPRd4mJ4nYg
Hurd and Juice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsMoJ...related&search=
Hurd and Crayton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyDmQ0e49VU
Hurd and T.O.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO6Fbs8RFP8
Hurd and Fergy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V456eUk67Ak
Hurd and Akin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES7vrbg1YzM
Hurd and Aaron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVBRv0C12Wc
Hurd and Rabb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yQeKhEwJSo (17 secs. in lol)
Hurd and Bilbo

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:51 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said earlier...just some confirmation on Garrett and how we play in the first half.

Dallas is averaging 28.7 points after halftime. The Patriots, Steelers, Bengals and Colts are the only other teams to average that many points per game.

Tony Romo credited Jason Garrett's ability to make adjustments for the Cowboys' second-half efficiency. Romo said the Cowboys often use the first quarter to feel out the opposing defense.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:13 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weird to just hear this now but figured it post worthy.

Folk said he's kicking with a sore left ankle (his plant foot), which he injured in Week 1 against the Giants. He said it's not a problem during games, although he sat in the locker room Monday with the ankle wrapped.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-25-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
What I fear is that once we've played a few games, and more and more film is available of the offense, teams will "figure it out". Maybe I'm just paranoid.
Offenses in general around the league will take a hit in the 2nd half of the season, once teams have more film on it. Plus the weather gets colder, so its only natural that a dip occurs.

2 things will remain the same on the Cowboys however, they will still run the ball and stop the run (as long as Ratliff holds up). And with those 2 things being consistent, the Cowboys should be just fine.

The oline is playing like the best in the league right now, so that should help immensely later in the year as well. Boy, so far I have to eat crow on Leonard Davis. When the Cowboys signed him, I thought they did as a LT, i completely forgot about his RG days. And so far he's doing great at RG, so I eat crow.

Was he expensive? Yes...but if it leads to a SB push, then no harm no foul.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O but didnt "jerrah" sign leonard davis? he doesnt know how to run a team at all and loves throwing money around for no purpose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
O but didnt "jerrah" sign leonard davis? he doesnt know how to run a team at all and loves throwing money around for no purpose
He also signed Kosier and Vanderjerkl and Rivera. Resigned Roy. Traded for Galloway. Your point is what???

He occasionally gets one right. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

(** I liked Davis signing but felt Hutch one year earlier would have been better for a variety of reasons. Regardless, RG problem solved so far **)

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 09-25-2007 at 12:09 PM.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Thought it was interesting in those Hurd interviews to hear TO say that Aaron Glenn was one of the best corners in the league...
Old 09-25-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
He also signed Kosier and Vanderjerkl and Rivera. Resigned Roy. Traded for Galloway. Your point is what???

(** I liked Davis signing but felt Hutch one year earlier would have been better for a variety of reasons. Regardless, RG problem solved so far **)
For the money Jerry paid Kosier, he's gotten a pretty darn good deal...Kosier has been solid throughout his time in Dallas. He's not a superstar, but he does his job.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post

my point is that your never happy, you bashed that signing as well, of course he gets some wrong, how many franchises get everything they do right? it happens, but you whine so much about what he does wrong and being a bad GM/owner when the point is that your pretty much wrong, you will always point to a bad signing or draft pick and scream "look at this pick/signing i hate jerrah" as if you know more then him...well obviously majority of the signings are working out thus far, prior to your beliefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bulger is really banged up...he has two broken ribs and a bruised knee. He's going to play but, I'd expect another conservative game plan. Seriously, there should be no reason to lose this game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Bulger is really banged up...he has two broken ribs and a bruised knee. He's going to play but, I'd expect another conservative game plan. Seriously, there should be no reason to lose this game.
I hope not, plus I'm going to the game and want a win. Last two games I've gone to live, they've lost.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
my point is that your never happy, you bashed that signing as well, of course he gets some wrong, how many franchises get everything they do right? it happens, but you whine so much about what he does wrong and being a bad GM/owner when the point is that your pretty much wrong, you will always point to a bad signing or draft pick and scream "look at this pick/signing i hate jerrah" as if you know more then him...well obviously majority of the signings are working out thus far, prior to your beliefs
Dude, it really is easier if you just put him on your ignore list. I did about two weeks ago and it has been bliss around here ever since. The only time it sucks is when someone quotes him, otherwise, it's like a ban. If everyone puts him on ignore, that's as good as a ban.

I'm telling you, its the only way to go. When someone goes that far off their rocker, the only thing you can do is ignore them.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I agree if anyone cannot stand someone...esspecially when it's getting to the points of calling people out to a fight...like in another thread...just add him to the ignore feature. I personally enjoy going back and forth but for people who don't it's easily avoidable.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-25-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Dude, it really is easier if you just put him on your ignore list. I did about two weeks ago and it has been bliss around here ever since. The only time it sucks is when someone quotes him, otherwise, it's like a ban. If everyone puts him on ignore, that's as good as a ban.

I'm telling you, its the only way to go. When someone goes that far off their rocker, the only thing you can do is ignore them.
I did to for awhile but its like when you come up to a bad accident you have to look...lol. His thoughts and beliefs are so bizarre to me. Seems happier when somebody messes up so he can prove a point, than when were winning. Just a bad fan IMHO. But its fun to hear him try to back peddle whens hes proven wrong (which is most of the time)
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Crazy thing I just read...

Running back Julius Jones said he is looking into trying a new helmet after suffering a second concussion in the first three games of the season.

Jones was not listed on the team's injury report Monday.

He said he suffered a slight concussion in the fourth quarter against the Bears. Jones said that is why he didn't return to the game.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-25-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
For the money Jerry paid Kosier, he's gotten a pretty darn good deal...Kosier has been solid throughout his time in Dallas. He's not a superstar, but he does his job.
Fair enuff but if Kosier is a JAG then what is the difference between Hutch and Proctor/Rivera in 2006 versus Davis and Kosier today ....

That is my only point. Davis has been great. Even better in pass coverage than I thought.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
my point is that your never happy, you bashed that signing as well, of course he gets some wrong, how many franchises get everything they do right?
False strawman. No one is ever always right and no one is ever always wrong.

Jerrah just happens to be moreso wrong than right when left to his devices. History as proof.

Quote:
it happens, but you whine so much
But I am the one with the personal attacks. Too funny once again. You guys can not help but throw a stone. Then you cry like little girls when people beat you up.

Peace and quiet for a week and you just have to start with the insults.

Quote:
about what he does wrong and being a bad GM/owner when the point is that your pretty much wrong,
Bad logic, begging the question. I am wrong cuz you say so. Vunderful.

Quote:
you will always point to a bad signing or draft pick and scream "look at this pick/signing i hate jerrah" as if you know more then him,
I may not know more than him just like I don't know more the President Bush but what I do know is a BAD DECISION when I see one.

Does not take a genius to review the facts, the analysis and say a) Bad Conclusion or B) Good conclusion.

So once again you fly off the handle for simply opinions on a website.

Quote:
well obviously majority of the signings are working out thus far, prior to your beliefs
Majority?

Says you I guess because I will happily go through all of Jerrah's draft picks and signings (without Parcells and Johnson) and gladly point out how bad they are. Done it before. Do it again.

I am just curious what % or METRIC do you consider a good GM. Because I try to put numbers to wishy washy ideas in order to see if it holds up some analysis.

So what are the metrics to judge a good GM?
Old 09-25-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Rob you would be so proud of me in the FM.

I traded Spear for Rolle.
And I traded Roy and our late 1st for a mid first and a mid 2nd.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-25-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post

Oh too funny.

Aren't you the religious yahoo who damned me to hell and blamed me for this country's problems? All b/c of internet posting on a sports board.

And I am off my rocker. LOL. Why not keep your personal vendettas to Private Emails?
Old 09-25-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One question. What good does dwelling on the past ever do?

Anyone want to compare the history of NFL moves from all 32 teams AND THEN make some fair analysis on how well Jerry has done?
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I agree if anyone cannot stand someone...esspecially when it's getting to the points of calling people out to a fight...like in another thread...just add him to the ignore feature. I personally enjoy going back and forth but for people who don't it's easily avoidable.
This is from the man who started the name calling with "Madden."

Nice to have a short memory. LOL.

Hey, how is Notre Dame doing this year??
Old 09-25-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Rob you would be so proud of me in the FM.

I traded Spear for Rolle.
And I traded Roy and our late 1st for a mid first and a mid 2nd.
I think anyone would do that if they could, but the realistic percentage of something like that happening is 1.5%.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
One question. What good does dwelling on the past ever do?

Anyone want to compare the history of NFL moves from all 32 teams AND THEN make some fair analysis on how well Jerry has done?
No playoff wins in how many years ..... 1995.

Hell, other than the Cardinals who can say that.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think anyone would do that if they could, but the realistic percentage of something like that happening is 1.5%.
Now that is a GM. LOL.

I would trade Roy for a cup of coffee. Spears is a NT.