Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-25-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Crazy thing I just read...

Running back Julius Jones said he is looking into trying a new helmet after suffering a second concussion in the first three games of the season.

Jones was not listed on the team's injury report Monday.

He said he suffered a slight concussion in the fourth quarter against the Bears. Jones said that is why he didn't return to the game.
The long lists of excuses just keeps growing.

If I where him I would just be very quiet.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think anyone would do that if they could, but the realistic percentage of something like that happening is 1.5%.
So, interesting point, what do you think is a 50% / 75% percentile trade possibility for Roy Williams?

I agree and in fact 1.5% is way to high. I give it a 1/1000000000000 chance we get anything beyond a 4th rounder for Roy Williams.

Hell if Moss goes for a 4 what the hell is Williams worth?

A 7th even assuming the team takes his salary and we take the hit?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
So, interesting point, what do you think is a 50% / 75% percentile trade possibility for Roy Williams?

I agree and in fact 1.5% is way to high. I give it a 1/1000000000000 chance we get anything beyond a 4th rounder for Roy Williams.

Hell if Moss goes for a 4 what the hell is Williams worth?

A 7th even assuming the team takes his salary and we take the hit?
Exactly its not going to happen (which has been discussed over and over again)
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is from the man who started the name calling with "Madden."

Nice to have a short memory. LOL.

Hey, how is Notre Dame doing this year??
The only difference is...this is strictly fantasy...building your team. I try to bass my thoughts in here on strictly realism. If it's a FM hell I'm gonna build my team and have fun doing it. This is a lot different than the NFL.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Crazy thing I just read...

Running back Julius Jones said he is looking into trying a new helmet after suffering a second concussion in the first three games of the season.

Jones was not listed on the team's injury report Monday.

He said he suffered a slight concussion in the fourth quarter against the Bears. Jones said that is why he didn't return to the game.
It's been said that suffering one concussion can lead to greater susceptibility to another concussion, hopefully that isn't the case for Jones in this instance or from here on out.

Quote:

Wow, I don't think someone would pull the "concussion card" for an excuse. Maybe that's me.

Granted Jones hasn't lived up to the hopes when he was drafted, although the second-half of his rookie year was exciting.

Quote:
No playoff wins in how many years ..... 1995.

Hell, other than the Cardinals who can say that.
How ironic.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greatest post ever! Appreciate that one man!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Greatest post ever! Appreciate that one man!
Hurd and Watkins are hilarious. I think Sammy has something to fall back on after football.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

I am just pointing out that personal attacks are not something you are unfamiliar with. So for you to be upset over their use seem a bit precious.

Quote:
The only difference is...this is strictly fantasy...building your team..
This whole website is fantasy football. So to say one is immune from "reality" but the other is not is also precious.

Quote:
I try to bass my thoughts in here on strictly realism. If it's a FM hell I'm gonna build my team and have fun doing it. This is a lot different than the NFL.
Yes it is very different than the NFL. Yessireeeeee.

Still, how is ND doing?
Old 09-25-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am just pointing out that personal attacks are not something you are unfamiliar with. So for you to be upset over their use seem a bit precious.

This whole website is fantasy football. So to say one is immune from "reality" but the other is not is also precious.

Yes it is very different than the NFL. Yessireeeeee.

Still, how is ND doing?

Just curious Robert do you have a favorite college team? Longhorns?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

I am late on this, but where is the excuse? God forbid a player switch helmets, because they think they might be safer. There is a reason helmets like the Revolution have been created. I have yet to see anything where Jones said it hurt his play. He didn't even play a single down after he was hurt Sunday.

There are plenty of things to fault on the Cowboys for you, without fabricating crap out of nothing.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, no Jackson and a banged up Bulger this week and no Losman next week.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-25-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With a banged up Bulger, no Jackson, no Pace and their other OL out (can't recall his name off hand) their O looks to be in trouble (it already was, now this just adds to it). Their defense is already bad. In all honesty, I could see the Cowboys blowing out the Rams this weekend.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
With a banged up Bulger, no Jackson, no Pace and their other OL out (can't recall his name off hand) their O looks to be in trouble (it already was, now this just adds to it). Their defense is already bad. In all honesty, I could see the Cowboys blowing out the Rams this weekend.
Yeah, they have Barron starting at LT now because, Todd Steussie broke his foot. I certainly agree, the game has all the makings for a blow out.

Edit...I think Incognito may be out also.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-25-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, it looks like this game could get out of hand quickly.

Still, matchups like this one make me nervous, because you never know if its going to end up like you think, or if something weird is going to happen and you're going to have to grind out a win.

I can just see right now. The opening kickoff is returned for a TD, Bulger hits Holt for a long score, we get down early and have a hard time crawling back.....

Somebody wake me up.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True, Holt is still the best receiver in Football in my opinion. Bulger could hit him on a long pass and make things interesting but I look for another big game by our OLB's and for us to roll coverage to Holt. If Newman plays and he shadows Holt most of the game we could keep them below 10 points pretty easy.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams offense may put some points on the board against the Cowboys, but not as many as and not with the ease of the Cowboys offense against the Rams defense.

And I think we'll see Julius Jones have a good day against the Rams, with the offensive line run-blocking as well as it is right now.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Just curious Robert do you have a favorite college team? Longhorns?
Both UoM.

Miami and Michigan.

Graduated UoM Ann Arbor some time ago. Loved Uo Miami since the OK whippings in the 1990s.

Great to see buffoon Switzer getting waxed by JJ.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
I am late on this, but where is the excuse? God forbid a player switch helmets, because they think they might be safer. There is a reason helmets like the Revolution have been created. I have yet to see anything where Jones said it hurt his play. He didn't even play a single down after he was hurt Sunday.

There are plenty of things to fault on the Cowboys for you, without fabricating crap out of nothing.
Switch them all you want but no need to tell the world. No benefit to tell opposing teams your head is hurt ...... unless the MBIII accolades are getting you worked up so you are creating excuses.

What was it last week? He was softening them up for MBIII. I think that was it. Now this week it is helmets and brains injuries.

The only Clik Clak JJ should hear in his head are the sounds of MBIII passing him to the Pro Bowl and a big contract extension.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Nicky Folk has shown enough...Gramatica was released today.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-26-2007, 09:40 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Both UoM.

Miami and Michigan.

Graduated UoM Ann Arbor some time ago. Loved Uo Miami since the OK whippings in the 1990s.

Great to see buffoon Switzer getting waxed by JJ.
Ahhhh yes those were some great miami teams back then. But I belive that was in the 80's not 90's. I think Miami came to Oklahoma this year as well....remember that waxing?
Old 09-26-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Ahhhh yes those were some great miami teams back then. But I belive that was in the 80's not 90's. I think Miami came to Oklahoma this year as well....remember that waxing?
My bad -- 1980s.

Yeah Miami is not the same but neither is OK. Stoops can coach. They are loaded too.

Switzer was an idiot with tons of talent. When Miami would wax them it was just another reason to get that moron out of college coaching.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
My bad -- 1980s.

Yeah Miami is not the same but neither is OK. Stoops can coach. They are loaded too.

Switzer was an idiot with tons of talent. When Miami would wax them it was just another reason to get that moron out of college coaching.
Switzer was a great recruiter and coach but the wishbone was ineffective against that great Miami D. There was a 3 year stretch were OU only lost to 1 team...Miami. Those were by far the 2 best teams in the nation but Miami was better. Cost us a couple more National Championships. :(
Old 09-26-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Switzer was a great recruiter and coach but the wishbone was ineffective against that great Miami D. There was a 3 year stretch were OU only lost to 1 team...Miami. Those were by far the 2 best teams in the nation but Miami was better. Cost us a couple more National Championships. :(
Well, who would not want to go to OK with Switzer "writing" the check.

I don't think I ever met a high-profile coach that was as sleazy as Barry.

He would let folks get away with murder as long as he won games and had the money to run the program.

Total sleaze ball.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Switch them all you want but no need to tell the world. No benefit to tell opposing teams your head is hurt ...... unless the MBIII accolades are getting you worked up so you are creating excuses.

What was it last week? He was softening them up for MBIII. I think that was it. Now this week it is helmets and brains injuries.

The only Clik Clak JJ should hear in his head are the sounds of MBIII passing him to the Pro Bowl and a big contract extension.
That's absolutely ridiculous. There's no harm whatsoever in telling the rest of the league what your injury status is...it's done every week and it's called an injury report.

And by the way did you see that stats I posted a few pages back about how much better Marion is in the 2nd half? Actually provides evidence that Julius is doing just that.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
And by the way did you see that stats I posted a few pages back about how much better Marion is in the 2nd half? Actually provides evidence that Julius is doing just that.
Actually provides evidence that big fat guys wear on you.

Specious argument. My eyes tell me eveything I need to know. The statistics only support what I see.